Crazy strong & loving it for July 23, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Last night I did my D14, no CCC:( I am super busy the last few days!

Today I will do cardio!

Have a great day and workout. BBL!

Well, today was going to be a planned rest day (which it is) because I have too many early morning things to do and I didn't want to get up at 5:30 on my day off.

But this morning when I reached for my glasses, which are up inside a cabinet that is in our headboard of our bed, I tweeked my damn neck muscle again.

Seriously, WTF???

I am so sick of this. I can't believe I have so much trouble with this area of my body. So now I have no clue if I'll be able to work back and biceps tomorrow.

Very frustrating. As soon as I start feeling really good this pain comes back again.

At least the pain isn't horrible, I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Hope you all have a great day and great workouts!

Last edited:
TGIF Ladies!!! This morning I managed another good morning workout. I did chest/back/abs then ran 20 minutes.

DH left for swim and to bike so I had no spotter for chest. So....I supersetted the chest work to make it more difficult since I had to go lighter with weights. I did 3 sets of 8 reps except where noted. Ouch.

SS#1
Flat bench chest flyes - 25's
Flat bench DB chest press - 25's

SS#2
Flat back double-arm rows - 25's (it's really harder maintaining that flat back)
Underhand band pulls (band in door in lieu of pull ups, not sure what this is really called - did 10 reps)

SS#3
Incline chest flyes - 25's
Incline DB chest press - 25's

SS#4
Pullovers - 30#
Underhand DB rows - 30's

Pushups on stability ball - 24
Lat band pull downs - 16 with blue band

I did abs while waiting for it to get light enough to run.

Debbie - so sorry about your neck. That really sucks. My guess is that you are carrying an assload of tension in there from work stress though.

Roxie
- good job increasing the weight last night

Nora - you rock! 'nuf said.

Belinda - enjoy your cardio today!

Waves to everyone else!

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is Push Phase 3 and then helping get stuff set up for garage sale in the morning.

Belinda-hope things calm down for you soon.

Debbie-I agree with Heather alot of tension.

Heather-nice workout.

Happy Friday, peeps!

Last night I did 4DS Shoulders and was going to stop there but decided to throw in 4DS LIS for the fun of it. And it was really fun! I wore my HRM out of curiousity and was really suprised at how high my HR got with this workout. Sweet...:) Tonight is Chest & Back and some form of cardio.

Heather - I bow to you and your 25lb chest flys...:cool:

Debbie- sorry to hear your neck is acting up again.

Hi Belinda, Roxie, Nora, Chris (where you been girl?), Jolene & Jessica.

Hey Girls!!

Sorry I've been MIA. I went to the beach this week with the fam! (Hampton Beach). It was so nice, I was so sad to leave today, but it rained anyhow, so at least I didn't miss a day at the beach. But we had a blast. LOVE the boardwalk, people watching is amusing all by itself, seriously!

I had really good intentions to continue at least 2 of my Turbo Fire workouts, but we were in one hotel room, and I couldn't work out while everyone else was sleeping (especially Turbo Fire!!) . And then my left leg was acting like I had sciatica one day. I've NEVER had sciatica before, but it was similiar to what I'd heard sciatica was. It must have been the way I slept, because THANKFULLY, the next day, the pain was gone!

So today we got back, i'm planning on catching up with the TF workouts I missed. I did 2 today, FIRE 45 Class (OMG, I truly got so pushed, I couldn't swallow my own saliva and felt like spitting! aka spit status!). and then did CORE 20.

Belinda: NICE workout today! As always!!! Hope you are feeling well. Did you ever see the docs in Germany about your sinuses and a final diagnosis/treatment?

Debbie: Holy cow. Can't believe you tweeked your neck again. I can imagine how you feel. Hope it's better tomorrow!!

Heather: You do continue to amaze ME with your weights!! Great job!! You should have some nice DOMS tomorrow!

Melissa: LIS is a fun one! Are you doing a 4DS rotation now? Hey, I was doing CTX weights last week (and will do them next week) and thought of you. Those are TOUGH weight workouts!!! I'd forgotten how tough!!

Roxie: Good job on sticking with Chalene CLX!! Are you almost done with it?

Hey to everyone! Nora...how's TF going? Still on it?

Welcome back, Chris! I had a feeling you were on vaca. I remembered you mentioning Hampton Beach. Glad you and the fam enjoyed the week! You had good weather up until today!

Spit-status...LOVE IT. Is it weird that I think it's totally cool that you worked out to the point that you wanted to spit?!?! Probably, but I'm okay with it...:cool:

Yes, I'm doing a 4DS rotation. I like it. I miss CTX, though. I think starting next week I'm going to throw in a couple of weeks of endurance and circuits and then go back to CTX or start STS.

Hi girls!;)

Happy T.G.I.F:eek:

I just finished the second part of my workout. I have to take a big break between the two to allow for me to cool down and recharge. MS has even changed how I like to exercise. I used to just go all out back to back and not even give it a worry then rest after I was completely done, not so now.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 55 Class= 57 Min
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0
I'm still in Turbo Fire Love!!!!

STS- Disc 9- M1-W3- Legs= 55 min
Calories burned= 451
This was a fun and fast workout with legs and I did the bonus ones too!

Total calories burned= 1151;)

Debbie- I know what you mean about neck pain. I suffer from it all the time since about 25 yrs ago I got a bad case of whiplash. My neck has never been a 100% eversince. If I'm going to hold tension in my body its in my neck and getting comfortable to sleep is alot of effort sometimes more than others. I feel your pain Debbie and I understand. I hope your neck muscles will loosen up and give you relief. You mentioned its a rest day for you and you had some thing to get done, so don't forget to do something fun and relaxing for you today.;)

Heather- Thanks for the compliments and words of encouragement.;) Great job on your workout today of chest/back/abs then a 20 minute run. I know its tough not having a spotter for chest work. I tend to go a bit conservative because I never have a spotter. It sounds like you did great with your supersets and with your run. Excellent workout today!:):cool:

Roxie- I hope all the plans for the garage sale are going great and ready for eager buyers with cash in hand. You mentioned you planned to do
Push Phase 3 workout tonight, that's a CLX one right? Have a great workout and rest up for that garage sale tomorrow.

Melissa- Awesome workout 4DS Shoulders and LIS that's so cool, and nice workout!!:eek: Tonight is 4DS Chest and Back and Cardio is what you planned for tonight. I love 4DS and the endless options it offers in premixes and the straight forward 4 complete workouts. Its an awesome choice and great to have in your dvd home fitness library. Keep up the great job Melissa, you rock!:cool:;)

Chris- Great to hear from you again. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time at Hampton Beach on your vacation. I see you did 2 TF workouts today, bravo!!! Yes, I'm still loving TF. I did order the advanced TF dvds only and I have those now but haven't gotten to that in the class schedule as yet. I'm in week four Turbo Fire's Class Schedule thus far and I added three weeks ago STS strenght into the mix. I've started with STS Meso 1 and will go all the way through again. I figure that ought to burn so calories and fat off of me. LOL!!

Belinda- Have fun with Cardio today, no matter what form it takes. Have a great workout. Don't worry about not getting to CCC yesterday, it happens and you rock your workout. ;):)

That's it for me tonight girls, have a great night. Shout out of hugs and hellos to Jessica and Jolene. :cool::eek:

Hugs to everyone!:)

Nora

Holy calorie burn, Nora!!!

Even having to take big breaks in between, you are totally ROCKIN' IT. And even that is a HUGE understatement!! You blow me away, girl. I love reading about your workouts. Your energy and enthusiasm is CONTAGIOUS!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.