Crazy Strong and Loving It for Jul 2, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I am getting ready for the gym:D Not sure what I will do?

I will be back to report my workout and personals!

Have a great workout and a day!

Hi ladies,

I ended up doing RS at home, because the AC in the gym wasn’t working. I was so pissed! I was sweating in the gym just warming up, than my stomach started to get sick. It was so freaking hot, so I left! I hope they will fix the AC today, need to get a run in this week. The good news, I burned 719 cal. Humidity is 70%!

Have a great day, everyone!

Belinda: Great calorie burn for RS! Wow, the heat does make a difference, huh?

I am going to do meso 1 back and tris today and a little bit of cardio. In fact, I need to go downstairs and get to it! BBL.

July 2 - 58 degrees! :eek:

This morning I did Cardio Coach #6 with Candace. Had a pretty good workout. I'm sick of CC workouts but I don't want to just do kickboxing. I seem to get obsessed with workouts and then just do the same thing over and over until I get sick of it. So I'm determined to mix up my cardio.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
25 minutes in zone
26 minutes above zone
475 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

I thought I'd burn more then this. But I'm happy with it!

Good Morning,

I managed to complete all of last nites workout just had to do it in stages. Tonite is Get Lean Circuit for the last time and I've Got Abs. I am now ok with the fact that I won't get all the workouts made up but at least I can say I tried.

Debbie-I understand about becoming sick of a workout I don't want to do CLX for a long time.

Workout DONE! For my 20 minute cardio I did the sporty step section of Mindy Mylrea's Cardio Toolbox. She doesn't mess around- good stuff. I was thinking of picking up her Strength Toolbox too. You know, cause I don't have enough DVDs. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone!

I did the original IMAX for my cardio this morning, after sleeping IN until 8:20am!!! hehehe, felt good!

okay, does ANYONE like the original IMAX besides me? The girls on my other check-in all can't stand it. I love it, it's simple enough so I can put my ALL into the intervals, plus it's plyo stuff, which I like alot. I've gotten used to the goofy music and outfits. ... Anyone?? please?? ;)

Nora: You are making me want some of those Jillian workouts. Are they sold separately or as a set? Good job yesterday on YOUR workouts. It sucks when your body is pooping out and your mind is not. I hope you get your knee fixed and the MS symptoms ease up on you a little. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of treatment or medications do you take for it ? (i'm a nurse, so naturally interested).

Belinda: Hi-5's on RS AND the calorie burn!!! I burned about 600 this morning with IMAX.

Patti: And YOU , my dear, are making me curious about Mindy's workout. Is it new? I've not heard of that one, and what does it consist of? intervals? I love the other step workout I have of hers!... Is this the last week of STS rotation for you?

Debbie: good cardio today!! How about a little IMAX to break things up? ;);)

Roxie: good job on your workouts, you're doing great with all the interuptions you've had!!... Ohhhhh.. hope that migraine goes away.

we're off to the movies in a few (Night at the Museum, 2). the day is once again gray, in the 60's and gloomy. Usually we are in the midst of summer sun and heat. this totally sucks and is bumming me out. ... it will be Sept before I know it, and no summer here!!! :confused:

Chris-have fun at the movies. I think you can buy some of Jillians in a set if you check out her website.

Nora-I would be interested in what Chris asked I have a 24 year old nephew who was just diagnosed with ms.

Chris - I did Imax 2 last week. I do like the original Imax. I haven't done it many times but I do like it. I might have to get that one out next week.

Comment on Mindy's workouts: I had an ab one and she bored me to death! LOL!! And she reminds me of Mindy on the Mork and Mindy show. I'll shut up now! :p

Roxie - Hope that migraine goes away.

Debbie: Have you done any of her cardio? She's funny sometimes and it is usually a straight forward very athletic interval type of workout. You might try something from Netflix.

Chris: It is Cardio Toolbox- 4 different style cardios that are 15 minutes each- hi/lo, sporty step, kickbox step and interval step. It includes a nice warm up that is mostly stepping and a nice stretch at the end (slightly yoga-ish). She lies, though, since she even does intervals in the sporty step. I thought it was great as a quick add on to STS or something else when you want fast simple intense cardio. I like IMAX but find more of a fun factor is IMAX 2. But I also like Body Max...and again think there is more fun in the second one. But they are all good. :)

Oohhhhh Patti, Patti , Patti.. you are enabling me, aren't you?

Actually, I've been thinking of adding on a short cardio in the afternoons, and that might be a perfect (fun!) solution!.. I think I figured out the "Vacation Weight Maintain" secret. I was on the GO GO GO, constantly! Never sat down! And now that we're back, I notice I do sit alot more. I mean, i'm doing housework, etc, but otherwise, sit.. folding laundry, watch a dvr'd show, computer ...

Debbie & Patti: YES! someone who likes IMAX thank you! IMAX2 has the fun factor, but sometimes you need simple stuff too, to "free your mind" as Cathe says...

Okay, better get going, time to go to the Movies! (see, more sitting!)

Chris: That is the same principle I have learned from my GWF- it really is about daily activity as well as a good workout. I have 2 small kids so I don't sit much and I burn around 3000 calories a day. If I had a desk job that wouldn't be the case. I find that on days I work (the kids go to camp 2 half days a week) I get up every 30 minutes or so from the computer and do an energy break. :)

You would love that DVD- very fun way to get a quick intense cardio in and get out. I have only done sporty step but it was fun- you'd like it if you like that other one of hers. :)

Debbie: She has one called Interval Express / Action Packed. There is an interval WO on there but I've done just the step WO and the hi/lo. They are around 40 minutes each and kick butt. Seriously, she has intensity blasts in the step that WEAR ME OUT. Her choreography isn't hard but I had to do it once through to get it. Her Cardio Toolbox is so far very fun, too. She does a lot of the intensity blasts in her cardio. Seriously, in one she talks about making sure her nipples are straight- I LOL'd b/c it caught me by surprise.

Where is Karen??

Just finished Get Lean for the last time

41 min
39 in the zone
146 min hr
172 max hr
292 cals to burned.
Kept everything low impact head still hurts

Shape Classic Abs
4 min
0 in the zone
106 min hr
119 max hr
18 cals burned

:)Hi girls~:)

Today's a rest day for me since I went to the doctor today. I decided to just rest.

Chris- I have relapsing remitting form of MS I was diagnosed three years and a half ago. I've been on Avonex, a disease modifying drug treatment for MS. Its been helping me. The only other thing I take is Vitamin D and Sertraline. I try not to take a lot of Meds if I can keep from it. I exercise about 6days a week for about approx. 2 hrs a day. Research shows that exercise is really paramount in MS patients to help with keeping their strength, mobility, and improve those areas. I like that exercise is a non medicine thing so no side effects. During the course so far I've experienced with MS is I've had optic neuritis and was legally blind in my right eye for about 5 months. My vision did return but was not as good as before that in both eyes since then. I have troubles with balance especially if fatigued, heat is not my friend either. Plus I am right handed and have MS nerve damage that effects my right hand and infact MS has effected my right side of my body but is not noticeable unless fatigued or experiencing a relapse. I have to admit giving myself injections is not my idea of fun, but I can cope with it as a normal tiny inconvieinience to help with the treatment therapy with my disease. I so, wish there will be a cure soon for this disease. I found out from the doctor I have something called Patellafemoral Pain Syndrome in both knees, and wanted me to try some exercises first and see how it goes.

Ok, sorry to go on like that. Oh! I almost forgot, regarding the Jillian Michaels Dvds they are not in a series, just individual and very reasonable I think they are $9 or less at amazon.com.

I hope all is going well with you and your family. Your a nurse! That's so cool, nurses rock!!!!:eek:

No workout for me today, but I hope everyone had a great workout!:)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.