Crazy, Strong & Loving it Jan. 26

hriacobacci

Cathlete
I'll get us started. I made it up to the gym yesterday. Treadmill/Elliptical for 35 mins total. I was trying to kill time before DH got there. He was supposed to come up there and spot and do weights as well. Um, he didn't show. GRRRR.

So I actually started with legs, then bi/tri, then had to ask a staff member to spot chest (so I didn't superset chest/back). Also had to change bi/tri exercises b/c they were cleaning the floor of the room with reg. barbells/weights. They had to close at 6 b/c of electrical issues. Oh, even worse, forgot freaking weight gloves. Ouch.

Chinups (60# on Assist. Machine)
ss w/
Barbell Bench Press - 70# (up 5 from last week)

Squats (machine) - 160#
ss w/
Still Leg Deadlifts - 80#

Alt Bicep Curls - 25/20/20/20 (25 too heavy, wish I had micro load opt)
ss w/
Overhead Triceps Ext - 25 (again, micro load would have been nice)

I'll be back.

Today was cardio and I was actually able to do one and give it my all. Only a little tightness left, but I feel great otherwise.

I chose Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge and had a great workout. This is my second time doing this and I really loved it more this time around. I got my HR in the 160's which is hard for me to do with kickbox workouts. I was happy about this!

Cardio Stats:
1 hr. 4 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
45 minutes above zone
:eek:
536 calories burned :cool:

Love these stats!

Staying home today to take a training class on Excel (online) and to read up on a book I bought for interviews. I applied for a job where my mom went for her rehab and I know three people who work there. They all put a good word in for me but I want to brush up on my Excel skills and I will be doing that today. My fingers are crossed. I really want that job, its for Accounts Payable/Receptionist position.

Heather - Nice workout!!! You are lifting some impressive weights!

I'm having some nice DOMS in my chest and triceps already from yesterdays double GS supersets. Today I'm planning on a Shock Cardio I haven't done yet. MMA: Fusion. And then a longer ab workout, maybe Ab Circuit Stability Ball. Or maybe do one from Core Max.

Heather: Nice weight workout last night! Sorry DH didn't show, but you didn't let that stop you!!!

Debbie: Good to hear you had a nice cardio today and feel better. Are you doing stretches every day? Good luck with the job, sounds promising!

Nora: NICE workout(s)! yesterday! The HiiT Pyramid is a fun one!! And great job on P90X weights and Ab Ripper (the hardest ab workout I've ever done!). Definiltey keep the GS Superset Premix in mind, I liked it ALOT!

*waves* to Roxie and Wendy!!

Thinking positively for Belinda today!!

Good Morning,

Tonite is Slo-Robics. I need some suggestions from you ladies. Next month I am going to do 4-6 days of cardio and 2 total body workouts per week, which of Cathes total body workouts are the best? Cathe says this is the best way to blast body fat.

Debbie-glad you enjoyed your workout and nothing hurt.

Heather-sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. Good job on the workout.

Roxie - hope you enjoy your workout tonight. My favorite total body workouts from Cathe are Power Hour and Muscle Endurance. The PUB/PLB premix is good too.

Debbie - sounds like you had a great workout this morning! Good luck with the job applications.

Chris - Have fun with MMA Fusion!

Nora - I really love the HiiT workouts. Time just flies. I haven't done insanity, but I would love to get my hands on it!

Wendy - Hope you're doing well and rocking your workout!!

I forgot to thank you ladies for the weights kudos. I wish I could micro load at the gym b/c I think that'd help me increase easier. I do know that I am lifting SO much more than this time last year thanks to STS and changing my rotations styles. I may be hallucinating, but I think I may be seeing more definition with this current rotation :eek:

Hi girls!
Today I did Circuit Blast. It moves along pretty quickly so that's nice. It's very much like CCC, I think. It'll have to grow on me (very much like CCC will, I suppose).
Debbie - nice work with the Kickbox Challenge!!! Great stats! Did you get Cathe's MMA stuff?
Chris - what did you think of Fusion!??! I absolutely feel so powerful on Combo 3! Ground and pound, my friend! Hope you enjoyed it!
Heather - I SO wanted to ROCK my workout today, but , meh...so so! I worked hard and all but there was not a huge "fun" factor for me with this one today. I mean, can we please do MORE jump thrust squat push ups?!?!?!!? (or whatever they are?!?!) What are you doing today?
Roxie - do you have any of Cathe's total body workouts? I agree with Heather on Power Hour, because if you got that one, it comes on a disc with 2 other full body workouts. Plus, the Body Max workout has cardio, too. More bang for your buck! Honestly, can you go wrong with any of them? And Supersets and Push/Pull come together and those would be AWESOME! I only have the FitTV versions of these, not the discs. And it looks like the discs have tons of premixes, too.
Nora - hope you are having a great workout today!!
Anyone got an update on Belinda...???
Have a great day, all.......

Wendy - I totally had to laugh about the squat thrust crap. she's really into those in this whole series, that and mountain climbers. What the heck???? I ended up doing Cardio Fusion. It was not a great workout for me today either.

Hi girls!
Today I did Circuit Blast. It moves along pretty quickly so that's nice. It's very much like CCC, I think. It'll have to grow on me (very much like CCC will, I suppose).
Debbie - nice work with the Kickbox Challenge!!! Great stats! Did you get Cathe's MMA stuff?
Chris - what did you think of Fusion!??! I absolutely feel so powerful on Combo 3! Ground and pound, my friend! Hope you enjoyed it!
Heather - I SO wanted to ROCK my workout today, but , meh...so so! I worked hard and all but there was not a huge "fun" factor for me with this one today. I mean, can we please do MORE jump thrust squat push ups?!?!?!!? (or whatever they are?!?!) What are you doing today?
Roxie - do you have any of Cathe's total body workouts? I agree with Heather on Power Hour, because if you got that one, it comes on a disc with 2 other full body workouts. Plus, the Body Max workout has cardio, too. More bang for your buck! Honestly, can you go wrong with any of them? And Supersets and Push/Pull come together and those would be AWESOME! I only have the FitTV versions of these, not the discs. And it looks like the discs have tons of premixes, too.
Nora - hope you are having a great workout today!!
Anyone got an update on Belinda...???
Have a great day, all.......

Good Evening,

I decided to do LIS the original.

Stats:
40 min
35 in the zone
149 min hr
182 max hr
280 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

Just stopping in to check in with today's workout. I hope everyone is doing ok and I hope our Belinda is feeling better.

Here's today's Workout:

STS Cardio: MMA Boxing- Heavy Bag= 20 Minutes
Calories burned= 205

P90X Plyometricx= 58 min
Calories burned= 554

Total calories burned= 759:cool:

Heather- Nice workout! I gotta say I'm envious of how heavy you and Debbie are lifting, Awesome job on weights!

Debbie- I love Tracey's new Kickbox Challenge workout, you are so right its alot of fun! I'm glad you're enjoying that workout. Good luck on the Accounts Payable/ Receptionist position I hope you get it! I used to do something like that 15 years ago pre-Excel days. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.;)

Chris- Nice workout today. I love MMA: Fusion, its really fun and any of the ab workouts you mentioned are great as well, can't miss with that selection. Have a nice relaxing evening to help with those DOMS and a good nights rest.;)

Roxie- I think your upcoming workout plan sounds great! Cathe does have awesome total body workouts, there always a keeper. I really am liking the new STS Shock Cardio workouts too and I think 4DS has a lot of great premixes and is very versatile as well. I'm a big fan of GS workouts and I know that Pyramid Lower & Upper body is excellent, as is Muscle Max, and there's tons of premixes with Super sets & Push and Pull. I don't know if that helps but I like those ones and feel they are great for total body and also 4DS and STS Cardio offer lots of variety to fight off boredom cardio wise. There's lots of great ones to pick from I'm sure you'll find other suggestions as well. Keep up the great work Roxie!;)

Wendy- I liked CCC I'm not sure which one is Circuit Blast, is that one of the older ones of Cathe's ? I like CCC and enjoyed it and the fun factor, plus the premixes are cool too. I know some workouts take a bit of getting used to before you can really enjoy them, but it does happen though. I like the variety of STS Shock Cardio because not every day do I feel like doing step so there are options and love the times on these too so its flexible time wise for me. I hope all is going great for you!

That's it for me tonight girls, have a good one!;) Lots of hugs and prayers for Belinda and Darieus and Good luck wishes to Debbie.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.