Crazy, Strong & Loving It for Jan. 22

hriacobacci

Cathlete
Hi ladies - it's a rest day for me!!! I have some DOMS still from Wed. Last night I did Hardcore Extreme Hi/Lo. I felt like I trudged through it. But, it's done. I also did MM abs. HATE that one. I HATE those stupid jackknife crunches.

Happy Friday!!

Nora - Exercise is a habit for me as well. When I don't exercise, I feel like something was missed for the day. Though, I do force myself to take at least one rest day now.

Good Morning,

I didn't get my workout done last night because I have hit a winter slump. We haven't seen the sun since Sunday and that was after heavy fog and we haven't had temps above 35 since I don't know when. I have lost the urge to do anything just want to stay in bed and sleep. Tonite I will try and do the workout I didn't do last night.

Heather-good job with your workout.

Roxie - I sooo know that feeling. I know it's hard, but getting up and getting moving usually helps me. Hope you guys see some sunshine soon!!!! I think we're supposed to have some today.

Good Morning,

I didn't get my workout done last night because I have hit a winter slump. We haven't seen the sun since Sunday and that was after heavy fog and we haven't had temps above 35 since I don't know when. I have lost the urge to do anything just want to stay in bed and sleep. Tonite I will try and do the workout I didn't do last night.

Heather-good job with your workout.

Today was full body again. Had a really good workout, I'm loving this rotation. It's my most favorite ever!

Today was 3 sets/15 reps with 2 minutes rest between each exercise.

Tricep Band Extensions (overhead) - Red/Blue bands
***These felt good, got a good burn. Sometimes I just love band work.

Dumbbell Calf Raises - 35's
***Alternated with toes pointed forward, out and in. Should have gone a little heavier.

Decline Dumbbell Press - 30's
***This felt good, by the last 3 reps my chest and shoulders were burning.

Dumbbell Pullover - 25#
***I have a tightness in my upper back again so I had to be careful with this one. Felt great, though, I love this exercise.

Leg Press Station - 135#
***Really felt this in my hamstrings and glutes. I'm so glad I got this piece of equipment.

Hammer Front Raise - 10's
***Tried 12's and it wasn't happening. Even 10's were a bit of a challenge. Got a great burn.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hi ladies,

I am finally home!

I can not thank you all enough for your concern, hugs and payers! I also want to thank my husband for updating you all. You are all amazing!

I had a collapse of the circulatory system, in other words circulatory collapse! The doctors still don't know what caused it???

I know most of you don't know what happened to me last week, so here it goes!

Last Thursday I was doing iSprints 16 in the gym, didn't notice anything unusual except that I was a little tired that day. I blamed it on the weather, it was snowing and cold outside. Once I was in the gym (which is on base) I put my headphones on, I was energized, well so I thought! I usually use the TreadClimber since my back is still messed up, but once in a while I run on the TM just so I can see if I still have it in me, lol! iSprints you switch every 15 to 20 min to a different cardio machine(Spints, Climb, cycle, spints) I have done that workout so many times before. I put on my headphones did sprints then switched to the elliptical by then my energy was great, 2 min before it was time to switch to the next cardio machine, I noticed my engery took a dive, I just couldn't give it one more second, at the same time I got nauseas. I decided to get of the elliptical before I even got off everything went black in front of my eyes! At this point I thought maybe I didn't drink enough water? Once I got off the elliptical my legs were shaking and I felt like someone was pulling me to the ground. I don't know but somehow I managed to pull myself to the bicycle the one you sit on and was holding on for dear life. I was so embarrassed to hit the ground in front of our old Generals wife (she was working out right next to me). I know it was dumb to think like that! I couldn't move or say anything at this point, I didn't know what was going on. I don't even know if I passed out or not? I know one thing I was leaning on that bike like I was drunk, since all my body just was hanging there. Once I felt a little better, I looked around to see if someone was around. Nobody was around to notice what happened to me. I was so embarrassed to feel like this, I felt like it was a sign of weakness or something! It did cross my mind that what ever just happened wasn't normal, but I quickly brushed it off. And yes, it did cross my mind to say something to the staff! Hey, something really weird just happened to me, but like I said I was sooo embarrassed about the situation. Everyone knows who my husband is and what he does, and pretty much everyone knows me because of him. Was I wrong for thinking that, big time!

I decided to go home and call my husband who was in the states at that time getting ready to fly back to Germany. I told him what just happened and told him I was fine, which I wasn't. But I didn't want to worry him, he was on this way to Germany.

On Friday DH came back, I was happy for that! Still felt weird, but didn't give it a second thought. Plus I didn't want to bother my DH since he just flew in, he was very tired. I decided to do M1 D6, got lightheaded and sick to my stomach. I thought maybe I caught the flu, since that is going around again.

Saturday and Sunday I decided not to workout, not to push it!

Monday I did M1 D7, I was still getting lightheaded. All this time I was checking my blood pressure at home, it went up and down! Not dangerously high or low! DH said I am taking you to the German hospital. The US military doesn't have any hospital in Germany anymore except Landstuhl, which is 6 hours away.

I didn't argue with him and figure maybe it's better if they check me out!

The German doctors did so many test on my heart, at first they thought is was my heart. Which my husband already updated you. Then they saw something in my lungs which didn't show up the second time. On Tuesday I had a stress test on the bicycle, they kept asking me if I still feel ok, I kept telling them I was good to go! LOL! I also wanted to take the opportunity to get a workout in, which I did, lol! After 25 min stress test, the doctor called it quits! My blood pressure went up to 225, they made me work harder and harder, I had no trouble. Remember the entire time I was monitored by doctor's. The doctor said very seldom that they see someone as fit as me! The doctors were amazed, they kept asking me how long and how often I work out! LOL! After that they did a 24 hour ECGEKG and blood pressure. Everything was fine! They ran every test known to man and couldn't find anything wrong with my heart. Which is wonderf

Since my husband is in the military, I also have to check up with a US doctor here on base. We only have a clinic not a hospital here in Grafenwoehr. Since no one knows why happened, they want me to take it easy for the next few days and give my body some rest after it went into a shock. Although right now they can't find anything wrong with my heart or blood clots right now, doesn't mean there isn't anything in the future. I hope whatever it was is gone forever. If I ever feel like this again, I would get an ambulance right away. I was so stupid for not seek help right away, I could have had a heart attack and be dead by now. Later on I realized how stupid I was, putting myself in danger like this. The next time (I hope there will not be a second time!) I would drop to the floor rest and ask for help!;)

As far as my workouts go, I have to take it easy! The doctors want me to only workout 25 min, no high intesity. I started STS, 3 weeks ago, I will finish STS this time:eek: I already dropped the weight on it this time. Soon I am gonna be lifting emty water bottles:eek::p

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Belinda

PS, I will be back tomorrow!

Hi ladies,

I am finally home!

I can not thank you all enough for your concern, hugs and payers! I also want to thank my husband for updating you all. You are all amazing!

I had a collapse of the circulatory system, in other words circulatory collapse! The doctors still don't know what caused it???

I know most of you don't know what happened to me last week, so here it goes!

Last Thursday I was doing iSprints 16 in the gym, didn't notice anything unusual except that I was a little tired that day. I blamed it on the weather, it was snowing and cold outside. Once I was in the gym (which is on base) I put my headphones on, I was energized, well so I thought! I usually use the TreadClimber since my back is still messed up, but once in a while I run on the TM just so I can see if I still have it in me, lol! iSprints you switch every 15 to 20 min to a different cardio machine(Spints, Climb, cycle, spints) I have done that workout so many times before. I put on my headphones did sprints then switched to the elliptical by then my energy was great, 2 min before it was time to switch to the next cardio machine, I noticed my engery took a dive, I just couldn't give it one more second, at the same time I got nauseas. I decided to get of the elliptical before I even got off everything went black in front of my eyes! At this point I thought maybe I didn't drink enough water? Once I got off the elliptical my legs were shaking and I felt like someone was pulling me to the ground. I don't know but somehow I managed to pull myself to the bicycle the one you sit on and was holding on for dear life. I was so embarrassed to hit the ground in front of our old Generals wife (she was working out right next to me). I know it was dumb to think like that! I couldn't move or say anything at this point, I didn't know what was going on. I don't even know if I passed out or not? I know one thing I was leaning on that bike like I was drunk, since all my body just was hanging there. Once I felt a little better, I looked around to see if someone was around. Nobody was around to notice what happened to me. I was so embarrassed to feel like this, I felt like it was a sign of weakness or something! It did cross my mind that what ever just happened wasn't normal, but I quickly brushed it off. And yes, it did cross my mind to say something to the staff! Hey, something really weird just happened to me, but like I said I was sooo embarrassed about the situation. Everyone knows who my husband is and what he does, and pretty much everyone knows me because of him. Was I wrong for thinking that, big time!

I decided to go home and call my husband who was in the states at that time getting ready to fly back to Germany. I told him what just happened and told him I was fine, which I wasn't. But I didn't want to worry him, he was on this way to Germany.

On Friday DH came back, I was happy for that! Still felt weird, but didn't give it a second thought. Plus I didn't want to bother my DH since he just flew in, he was very tired. I decided to do M1 D6, got lightheaded and sick to my stomach. I thought maybe I caught the flu, since that is going around again.

Saturday and Sunday I decided not to workout, not to push it!

Monday I did M1 D7, I was still getting lightheaded. All this time I was checking my blood pressure at home, it went up and down! Not dangerously high or low! DH said I am taking you to the German hospital. The US military doesn't have any hospital in Germany anymore except Landstuhl, which is 6 hours away.

I didn't argue with him and figure maybe it's better if they check me out!

The German doctors did so many test on my heart, at first they thought is was my heart. Which my husband already updated you. Then they saw something in my lungs which didn't show up the second time. On Tuesday I had a stress test on the bicycle, they kept asking me if I still feel ok, I kept telling them I was good to go! LOL! I also wanted to take the opportunity to get a workout in, which I did, lol! After 25 min stress test, the doctor called it quits! My blood pressure went up to 225, they made me work harder and harder, I had no trouble. Remember the entire time I was monitored by doctor's. The doctor said very seldom that they see someone as fit as me! The doctors were amazed, they kept asking me how long and how often I work out! LOL! After that they did a 24 hour ECGEKG and blood pressure. Everything was fine! They ran every test known to man and couldn't find anything wrong with my heart. Which is wonderf

Since my husband is in the military, I also have to check up with a US doctor here on base. We only have a clinic not a hospital here in Grafenwoehr. Since no one knows why happened, they want me to take it easy for the next few days and give my body some rest after it went into a shock. Although right now they can't find anything wrong with my heart or blood clots right now, doesn't mean there isn't anything in the future. I hope whatever it was is gone forever. If I ever feel like this again, I would get an ambulance right away. I was so stupid for not seek help right away, I could have had a heart attack and be dead by now. Later on I realized how stupid I was, putting myself in danger like this. The next time (I hope there will not be a second time!) I would drop to the floor rest and ask for help!;)

As far as my workouts go, I have to take it easy! The doctors want me to only workout 25 min, no high intesity. I started STS, 3 weeks ago, I will finish STS this time:eek: I already dropped the weight on it this time. Soon I am gonna be lifting emty water bottles:eek::p

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Belinda

PS, I will be back tomorrow!

Belinda-welcome back we missed you. Debbie did a good job taking your place. I hope you find out what happened and are finally able to finish STS. I love the whole get a workout in during the stress test when DH told us that I thought it was so you and funny.

Belinda - glad to hear that you're OK!!! You know, I'd have been embarrassed too. I think that's a natural reaction especially when you don't really know what's going on and you certainly don't know how bad off you are. HUGS and take care of yourself!

YEAH! I'm jealous, it's not exactly doing what they said it'd do here today. Not like I should be surprised or anything. ENJOY IT!

Heather-it didn't get as warm as they said it was going to but I love the sun no matter what the temp. Suppose to have thunderstorms tonite.

Hi girls -

Belinda - so glad you're home and that your DH took such good care of you! Sorry you're having to scale back again, but obviously you are one fit gal!
Roxie - good deal on the sunshine. Hopefully that'll lift your spirits.
Debbie - did you make up your current rotation? Oh wait, is this the one you got from that T-nation guy? Glad you are liking it so well. Are you keeping up on your stretching?
Heather - enjoy your rest day! And I think I actually let out an audible "ugh!" every time I see Cathe go "back on the soft tissue part" during abs because I know what's coming!
I did Power Hour yesterday - had a great workout. I need to get upstairs and do some cardio today.
Basketball tonight and 3 games tomorrow...hello to Chris and Nora..
Have a great weekend...

Hi girls!

Welcome back Belinda!!! Hugs!!!!:eek:

Belinda-When I was in highschool on the track team and in the middle of running a 4 by 100 I blacked out right then in the middle of the race, everything went black and it was as if the lights were turned off and the sound was weird like it was a record playing on a really slow speed. I didn't go to the doctor, but soon after that I experienced strange inexplicable exhaustion after being wide awake and bushy tailed for about three hours. After that I could not stay awake I was physically exhausted. I finally went to the doctor and found out I had Mono. Fastforward to now years later, I've gotten to learn about auto immune diseases since having MS and discovered that my bodies blackout reaction was one of those freaky things the immune system will do if there is some sort of auto immune problem. Pretty much it seems if its a freaky symptom sort of thing and all other medical tests have been done revealing nothing it could be a possible auto immune issue. Ok, that's my two cents. I'm so happy your home and all your tests checked out ok. Thank goodness! Take it easy and be well!:);)

Here's today;s workout:

STS Cardio Core Circuit-Express Circuit Premix= 34 Min
Calories burned= 325
Met Value= 7.0
This was intense but really fun. I can't seem to get the hang of the MMA Triangle Strangleholds on the mat. I'll need more practice on those.

P90X Core Synergistics= 57 Min
Calories burned= 545
THis is a fun way to work your abs in all sorts of ways doing different exercises. None of which are traditional ab work so that's really cool. Make no mistake this will leave you sweating like crazy and gasping for air. Its really great and I like this one.
Total calories burned= 870!!!:cool::eek:

I'll try to come back later for personals! Have a great day girls!;):)

Hugs!!

Nora

HA! I guess I never checked in with my workout... I thought I did this morning!

Nice to see everyone here, and Belinda! So glad you're home and nothing is SERIOUSLY wrong (heart issues or lung issues!). I posted to you on OD too!

Today I did 4DS Biceps and Triceps, repeating each round. And then realized I hadn't done shoulders this week, so i did 4DS shoulders, minus the band work. And since I got into a bag of M&M's on Thursday night (plus other various tidbits), I added on HIS , up until the final combination of all the combinations. It was a total of 1 hour 45 minutes! And I was dONE working out. That is too long for me. I guess because I kept thinking I had other things to do , too.

Great workouts all around today!

Roxie: I hope you feel better. Glad the sun came out! Hope it got you in the mood to work out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.