Crazy strong and loving it for Jan 11, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning.

DH wants to go to the gym tonight! I am almost afraid we are getting snowed in again:mad: Last time the gym closed:mad: We got 3" last night again. When is it gonna stop?

Chris, how are your legs today after that leg burner yesterday?

Debbie, I really need to give Trace's workouts a try one day, glad you had fun yesterday.

Heather, I din't remember the last time I did CF? Love the mix in that one! Nice going, girl! I wished the snow and ice would melt here, we got another 3" last night. When is it gonna stop?

Nora, Atheletic Step looks very tricky, I am sure it will take me some time to get it down. Had trouble with MMA KB the other day, got totally confused on the 3rd combo! Your cal burn is amaxing, girl! WTG! I don't think an MRI is relaxing, although DH had one done on Tuesday too. He slept through the entire thing, lol! He told me they had to wake him up, WTH! I agree on finishing what I start. I guess I am subborn too! WTG, on your workouts today.

Wendy, nice job with Athletic Step! Do you have the steps down? I will take a rest week in 2 weeks. I still have 2 more weeks until I finsih M2!

Roxie, glad to hear you still keeping up with your workouts. Nice job!!

I will be back to report my workout! My best to all!

Hallo,

I am done with Shock Cardio Athletic Step:D I loved it, it's so much fun! I should have watched it once before I jumped right into it. Oh well! The first combo messed me up a little, haven't done a step wo in months! My HR went up on that one! I was sweating buckets. Had to modify a little and still had a great cal burn! I burned 385 cal! Not bad for a short workout! ;) I also did abs today and worked my inner/outer thights with the tubing! That is it for me today.

Have a great workout and day!

Today was Total Body and I had a great workout. I was really sweating today, not sure why. This was the same workout I did last Wednesday but in superset format.

2 sets of 8 reps with a 1 minute rest between each superset.

SS #1
Incline Bench Press - 90# (Up 5#)
ss w/
Barbell Row - 90# (Up 5#)
***This was a tough superset, especially the rows. Weights felt really heavy here.

SS #2
Squats - 90# (up 5#)
ss w/
Dumbbell Military Press - 22's (Up 2#)
***This was a good superset, but again the squats felt really heavy. My low back felt a lot of strain this morning. Not sure why.

SS #3
Alternate Front Sweeps w/Twist (biceps) - 27's (Up 2#)
ss w/
Lying Barbell Extension - 55# (Up 5#)
***I just realized as I typed this that I did the tricep work first, then the bicep work. Both were excellent exercises and very challenging. I wish I could think of the name of the bicep exercise. I know it has one. LOL!

Then I did the Ab Work from MMA Boxing. I thought I had done this routine before but I didn't remember any of it this morning. Weird.

I got a call from the first place I interviewed at to come in next Wednesday to take a test. Not sure what the test is for. Could be Excel? I was very happy they called me back. We'll see how it goes.

Hey Girls..

Belinda: I did a double take today on the date and yesterday's date too (which I didn't even notice). It IS February, right? LOL!. Nice workout today! You have me motivated to go try mine. My legs are actually fine this morning. Legs & Glutes from Tuesday didn't even give me DOMS, which is weird, because my legs were on fire for some of those moves. .. AS is VERY fun. I never preview workouts, esp Cathe's. I do remember the skipping on top of the step screwed me up on this one (or was that Step moves?). And OMG, that combo from MMA KB totally threw me too! I was mostly standing there with my mouth open..the one where you have to kick through your legs or something? HARD!!

Debbie: Nice workout today! I can't even IMAGINE bench pressed 90#s!!! Though I was barbell rowing 80 at one point with STS, so I feel worthy! LOL!. Great that you got a call back from your interview!

Nora: I understand just not getting into your workout. Though you did a LONG one , for not being into it. The skipping across the step on AS took me a few times to get too. I felt like I was going to trip. ... we ended up with less than an inch of snow. It TOTALLY fizzled out! the boys are off to school on time this morning!

Heather: Forgot to tell you guys, my GYN ultrasound went ok. They saw nothing. So I guess that's good, except I don't know what the cause of my pain is. He suggested maybe lactose intolerant? I know I should call my primary and get this worked up. I just hate doing it.

*waves* to Roxie and Wendy!!!

Oh, my workout today is "DOUBLE SHOT THURSDAY". It's: Low Impact Circuit premix #4 “Upper Body Sculpt”…31 minutes plus the Abs and stretch on this workout….45 minutes…PLUS…. Four Day Split Bootcamp (do only warm up and cardio portion)…approx 43 min. Should be interesting!!!

Hi ladies. Forced myself to get up and get my workouts done. Did the warm up from HiiT Pyramid then weights, then finished Pyramid twice through. Weights were 2 sets of 12 reps supersetting. I did not go up as much as I should have in weights I'll be honest :eek:

SS#1
DB Upright Rows - 21.5 (up 1.5, really had to slow down and concentrate)
Step ups - 65# (12" step) (up 5#, much weaker with left side, but got it done)

SS#2
Decline DB Press - 31.5 (Up 1.5, I know 35's would have been too much, but somehow needed to add an extra 1#)
Underhand DB Rows - 31.5 (up 1.5, should have tried for 35 but worried about form)

SS#3
Overhead Triceps Extension - 27# (Up 3#, major struggle by last 3 reps of 2nd set, ouch)
DB Calf Raises - 91# (up 3#, actually did 3 sets of 12 reps, turned out, parallel, turned out)

Chris - how was your workout yesterday? Too funny about the month, I was going to point that out too!

Wendy - you liking Athletic Step? That one is one of my favorites.

Belinda - good job with getting your workouts done! We may be getting more snow tonight too. I'm ready for summer thank you very much.

Debbie - awesome job with the weights!!!

Nora - holy cow with the calorie burn. I still have a hard time convincing my feet to do the skip across the step after the shuffle repeater. They don't want to cooperate and go that direction!

Roxie - good job with your workout. Adding a set of risers will definitely increase the intensity!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite will be GS legs timesaver.

Debbie-way to go on the ab work.

We are expecting warmer temps today but it is suppose to be partly cloudy.

Hey again!

My workout went well. I didn't feel the LIC Upper Body SCulpt was long enough to really challenge me, but I did like a lot of the moves. 4DS BC is so like an HiiT , I almost felt like I shouldn't be doing it after 40/20 yesterday, but I did it, because cathe said so! ;) It was hard, but I got through it and felt great!!!

Heather: You did Pyramid HiiT twice? You are crazier than Cathe! LOL!. But good for you. Good job on the weights today! You go up every workout in weights? That's really impressive!!.... Yesterdays workout 40/20 and KM Bootcamp Drills was tough! Mostly 40/20. but it's funny, when 40/20 ends, even though the long intervals and short rests were hard, I'm thinking, "That's it?". So the KM blasts certainly added on to it! And they seemed a little easier than I remember them too. (compared to HiiTs!). My form for tuck jumps is pathetic though. But i do at least jump!

Roxie: Have fun with GS legs tonight!! enjoy the warmer weather too. It's 40 here today and sunny , and it feels like spring!

better go get some laundry done! A thrill a minute here! LOL!

Chris - the weights go up every other week, the week of the supersets. Supposed to increase 1.25-2%. I clearly did not do that this week, but have been doing really well previously. Pyramid twice through is really not very long. I think it's right at 44 mins. I feel the same with 40/20 or even 30/30. They are so short. I've done 40/20 and 30/30 back-to-back and that comes out right at 40 mins too. (warmup and all 40/20, then right into the drills of 30/30). It's really not as bad as it sounds. I mean, look at your workout yesterday!! LOL.

Hey again!

My workout went well. I didn't feel the LIC Upper Body SCulpt was long enough to really challenge me, but I did like a lot of the moves. 4DS BC is so like an HiiT , I almost felt like I shouldn't be doing it after 40/20 yesterday, but I did it, because cathe said so! ;) It was hard, but I got through it and felt great!!!

Heather: You did Pyramid HiiT twice? You are crazier than Cathe! LOL!. But good for you. Good job on the weights today! You go up every workout in weights? That's really impressive!!.... Yesterdays workout 40/20 and KM Bootcamp Drills was tough! Mostly 40/20. but it's funny, when 40/20 ends, even though the long intervals and short rests were hard, I'm thinking, "That's it?". So the KM blasts certainly added on to it! And they seemed a little easier than I remember them too. (compared to HiiTs!). My form for tuck jumps is pathetic though. But i do at least jump!

Roxie: Have fun with GS legs tonight!! enjoy the warmer weather too. It's 40 here today and sunny , and it feels like spring!

better go get some laundry done! A thrill a minute here! LOL!

Hi girls -

Hey, good news on the call back Debbie! Congrats on making it another step!
This morning I did Level 3 on JMs 30 day Shred that I got from Netflix yesterday. It was 27 minutes. And, you know, it was pretty good. If you can tune out Jillian. I worked up a sweat. I didn't know what to expect and just wanted a little something done to start my day. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a bit like CCC in its set up. Some cardio/plyo moves, some LIGHT weight/cardio moves, and abs. Lots of mountain climbers and jump squats and planks. I plan on doing weights later today.....
Heather, really!?!? Hiit back to back? Is that a good idea? Great job with your weights. I would like to try that rotation in the future.
Great job Chris on your double workout! I just did LIC the other day, and I didn't find it too challenging either for the upper body. But I sure like going through my dvds and rediscovering some exercises!
Hello to Nora, Belinda and Roxie!!!!

Good deal with a new workout. I have wondered what her workouts are like. I have sort of zoomed through them on On Demand, but that's not the same as doing them obviously.

In all honesty, I don't feel like it's any worse or more strenuous than doing all of Imax 3. Maybe it's just me?????? I know I'm not the only crazy fool though. I did see a post on the Shock Cardio area (I think) about other people doubling up.

Hi girls -

Hey, good news on the call back Debbie! Congrats on making it another step!
This morning I did Level 3 on JMs 30 day Shred that I got from Netflix yesterday. It was 27 minutes. And, you know, it was pretty good. If you can tune out Jillian. I worked up a sweat. I didn't know what to expect and just wanted a little something done to start my day. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a bit like CCC in its set up. Some cardio/plyo moves, some LIGHT weight/cardio moves, and abs. Lots of mountain climbers and jump squats and planks. I plan on doing weights later today.....
Heather, really!?!? Hiit back to back? Is that a good idea? Great job with your weights. I would like to try that rotation in the future.
Great job Chris on your double workout! I just did LIC the other day, and I didn't find it too challenging either for the upper body. But I sure like going through my dvds and rediscovering some exercises!
Hello to Nora, Belinda and Roxie!!!!

Really? It's only 40 minutes adding on another HiiT? Hmmmmm..interesting . Maybe you're not TOO crazy, heather! LOL!

That's great progress on the weights!!!

Okay, checking in again -

Just did the original Body Max. I didn't do the step at the beginning. I did the warm up, then I did the power circuits (5) alternating with UB. Great circuit workout!!
I figured I could do more weights since this mornings were so light (5lbs!).
Heather, yeah, Netflix is great for sampling workouts. I've discovered some trainers that I really like - Mindy Mylrea and Kelly Coffee-Meyer. They just don't have their new releases.
All righty - girls are home from school. Have an awesome night, girls! I hope you each get some great rest tonight....

Hi girls!:)

I'll just check in quick and see if there's time for personals.

here's today's workout:

Yoga Zone Strengthen & Tone(2- 20 minute sessions for lower and upperbody)= 40 Minutes
Calories burned= 109

STS Cardio: Cardio Core Circuit= 51 Min
Calories burned= 487
This felt like it was harder than HiiT Pyramid, the toughest of the HiiT's, Or for that matter any of the HiiT's. It seems that will those are 9 and 10 Met's that this should be right up there but it isn't, not sure why that is. I will say that the last round of circuit on the mat is so not happening for me. I try them and have a sense of humor about it but it really does bug me I can't push myself up from rolling like a ball all the way up to crouching knees then push back to a pushup. Oh well, if first you don't succeed keep on trying, right? The rest of it was fun and had me sweating like crazy and gasping for air. It definitely felt harder than Pyramid HiiT to me at least.

Legs & Glutes= 11 min
Calories burned= 60

Total calories burned from today's workout= 656

Belinda- That's so funny that your DH fell asleep during his MRI. I don't understand how some can do that. Its always a very uncomfortable anxiety provoking experience for me, even after taking a valium so I can handle it. I hope all is ok with both you and your DH's MRI results. Nice job on your workout. AS is fun but that skipping across the top of the step messes me up and I'm afraid I'll sprain an ankle since my balance doesn't want to cooperate as well on one side of my body, ugh MS stuff. Great job on your workout and keep up the hard work. Take care!;)

Debbie- Congrats on the call back!:):cool: Girl, the weights you lift are awe inspiring. I hope I can work up to that, bravo on your workout today! Good luck on your call back and testing.

Chris- Wow, that sounds like a seriously fun rotation, awesome job on doing Low Impact Circuit premix #4 “Upper Body Sculpt”…31 minutes plus the Abs and stretch on this workout….45 minutes…PLUS…. Four Day Split Bootcamp (do only warm up and cardio portion)…approx 43 min. Those workouts are big on the fun factor and a nice balance of cardio and weights plus abs. Great stuff, and bound to burn lots of those evil calories. Why can't calories go some where you don't mind like eyelashes or fingernails, eh? That would be so awesome if that was the case. Great job on today's workouts!:eek:

Heather- You crazy girl, you did a double shot of HiiT Pyramid!!! Give the woman a gold medal! Bravo!! That is tough to even think about doing let alone doing it. I'm totally impressed by your workout and the weights you can lift. I think you and Debbie are trying to give me a complex since I can't lift that heavy, yet.:p:D I'm kidding, no worries I think its awesome you can do that, be proud of your accomplishments.:):cool:

Roxie- Have a great workout doing GS Timesaver Legs. I love all the GS's and their premixes are so time efficient its great. I hope you get some sunshine soon. I know how gloomy it is here in oregon and I'd love to see some sun. Take care and have a nice relaxing evening!;)

Wendy- Nice you can see what's new in workouts by previewing them on netflix. I have JM 30Day Shred its good, lots of cardio circuit basically with 3lbs dumbells on some of them. Its a nice short circuit workout. I've done all of them on 30day Shred.

Ok, ladies that's it for me today, I'm off to shower and make dinner. Have a great evening ladies and I'll see ya all at tomorrow's check in. :)

Hugs!:cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.