Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Crazy, strong & loving it for February!!

This is a discussion on Crazy, strong & loving it for February!! within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi girls! I'm in a bit of a rush and apologize that I only have time for a quick check ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Cathlete
Czechfan's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Czechfan

Hi girls!

I'm in a bit of a rush and apologize that I only have time for a quick check in. I just did today's workout and got that done at 8:30 AM Pacific time. So, I'll just check in now.

Here's today's workout:

Les Mills Pump- Pump Challenge= 25 Min
MV= 6.50
CB= 222

Les Mills Combat- Combat 60 Live Ultimate Warrior= 60 Min
MV= 7.50
CB= 614

Total calories burned= 899

I gathered some of you girls are feeling a little under the weather or unwell at the moment, and I hope that all changes and you feel better ASAP! I hope those of you that do workout today and feel alright to do that have a great workout and a great day! Hugs and blessings to everyone!

Nora
Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Cathlete
Boingo1's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Boingo1

Hi Girls!

I am queen of MIA, huh?

My son recovered great, and was back in school on Monday. I think the Tamiflu helped alot.

I decided to do Cathe's February Rotation, I started Monday. I may sub some workouts if I feel like it, but that's a given. Otherwise, it seems like a cool rotation. Xtrain and Crossfire and To The Max Combo!!

Monday I did Tabatacise, the first 3 tabatas.
Tuesday I did Xtrain Chest Back Shoulders (nice DOMS today!)
And today I did Les Mills Combat 30 and then the Conditioning from Hard Strikes. I'm not a big fan of Hard Strikes cardio. I like Combat MUCH MUCH Better!!

Sorry Belinda and Debbie have the ickies! I feel like it's only a matter of time for me. I have been eating alot of Vit C fruits!! And constantly washing my hands!

Nice workouts, Roxie! I'm very jealous of your 60's. We're supposed to get a giant snow storm Friday, probably a foot of snow. Yuck.

Nora, you are kicking arse with Les Mills! I love the Combat workouts!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 AM
DeCathelete
bayerngirl's Profile Fields

Morning girls,

Last night I did High Reps. That ab wo is tough. Today I will do cardio.

Chris - glad your son is feeling better. I like the looks off the Feb rotation, I still have to keep my workouts low impact. My heel spur is still bordering me a little.

Nora - your workouts rock, girl.

Roxie - how you liking Xtrain so far? Good job yesterday.

Debbie - how are you feeling today?

I will be back after my workout. Have a good day, everyone.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Cathlete
Fitnessfreakk366's Profile Fields

No workout today but I am feeling much better. My mom made me chicken soup yesterday so I stopped by to get some after work. I swear, within 2 hours of eating that stuff I felt better. My head is still a little stuffed, but not pounding like it has been. Maybe tomorrow I can get on my treadmill for a workout.

Have a great workout everyone.
-::- ((.*

"Nothing that matters comes easy, Nothing that comes easy ever really matters..."

Ride on...
Old 02-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Cathlete
Czechfan's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Czechfan

Hi girls

I'm a little late with today's check-in since I finished today's workout at 9 AM. So, I'll get right to it now.

Here's today's workout:

Les Mills Combat- Power HiiT 1= 30 Min
MV= 9.0
CB= 369

Les Mills Combat- Warrior 1 Upper Body Blow Out= 25 Min
MV= 6.50
CB= 222

Les Mills Combat- Inner Warrior Stretch & Strengthen = 20 Min
MV= 3.0
CB= 82

Total calories burned= 673 I had a great workout for today and really enjoyed the Inner Warrior Stretch, that felt great.

Debbie- Glad you are feeling better and that your mom's chicken noodle soup helped with the headache and pounding to go away. That's great! Now, as far as working out goes do it when you are up to it and not before. Thumbs up for your Mom's soup!! Hugs!!!

Belinda- WTG with High Reps, that's a good one, and the ab work from that one is no joke. Excellent job on the workout, take care!

Chris- Nice job on your choice of workouts you've been doing, they all sound great. I did make note of what you said about Xtrain's Hard Strikes and that you like Combat much more. I do have all of the Xtrain dvd's I did pre-order them but haven't done any of them as yet. I got Combat before that and started it before hand and wanted to finish that rotation first before I attempted any of the Xtrain workouts. I am now in my eighth week of the 8 week combat rotation. Its really like 8 3/4 weeks really. I will need to do 4 workouts next week to complete it. I've been adding in pump 3X a week along with it and its been great. I did heed the warning about not doing strength workouts with Combat because of the tremendous work load on the upper body with all the punching, ab work, and leg work. I can see why they did say that because you really do engage all the upper body in combat and do use the abs alot so focusing additionally on strength and muscle building heavy weight work would not be recommended. That is why I chose to add in some Pump workouts because they are high reps low weight so its primarily a muscle endurance type weight work which seems to have been fine for me. No way I'd attempt STS or anything heavy weight wise with Combat that would be a recipe for certain injury. I will say that I'm glad I did get the extra combat workouts as add-ons. Nice workouts and I never dread Combat ever its fun and I love it. I seriously smile and laugh when I'm doing them because they are so much fun even as I'm drenched in sweat and feeling the burn and loving it. I love Dan and Rach together with Combat its da bomb! Great job on your workouts and "stay with the fight!"

Roxie- I hope all is well with you and the house selling stuff. I wish you tons of luck with that process. I do know there is a lot of work involved with keeping the house ready to show at a moments notice. Good luck with all of that and if you can workout too your a hero. Hugs!

Hugs and blessings to everyone!

Nora
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Cathlete
Boingo1's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Boingo1

Hi all!

Today I did Crossfire. Haven't done that one in a while. GOOD workout, I made it all the way through even! Cathe really does a great job of breaking up the segments, so I feel like I can make it through "just one more" and finishe the whole thing.

Belinda: I'm sure you just want to get that spur all better. Although higher impact is so tempting, you just can't. I remember I did a few months of low impact workouts when I broke my toe a few years ago. There's always something you can do.

Nora: WTG on an entire 8+ weeks of Combat!!! That is awesome! I know, my arms are usually quite sore the next day after doing those workouts, so I can see how they work your muscles as well as cardio. ... I did end up doing Hard strikes a second time and it wasn't as cringe worthy as I had thought the first time. But I still love Combat WAY better. I am curious about the heavy bag Tabata on HS, though. Haven't done that one yet.

Debbie: That is so super sweet your mom made you chicken soup!! I know ,the day my son got sick I put on a big pot of chicken soup. It really does make you feel better.

Roxie: Hope that nice weather is still there?!? We're getting a flippin blizzard tomorrow. 2 feet of snow. I'm so so so

Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
DeCathelete

Good evening girls,

Turbo Jam 2 is done! Can you tell, I love those workouts I am thinking doing Brazil Butt Lift and a Turbo Jam rotation?

Chris - I made thebarbecue pulled chicken you posted a few years ago, is sooo good My husband and son loved it! Very tasty too. Can't believe how fast it was to put together. Thanks you so much. I know, it's hard to not to go all out with TJ, those workouts are the most fun. I am so close buying them from TV Where did you buy your set from? WTG, on CF. Love that one!

Debbie - when my kids/husband get sick I always make homemade chicken soup.Chicken soup is good for colds. Glad it made you feel better.

Nora - I really need to give Less Mill a try one off those days. I never was interrested in Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire(never did that one, but it looks cool too), but after doing the workouts I am in love. What was I thinking WTG, on your workouts today.

Roxie - hope you are not sick? You haven't checked in yet?

I will be back in the morning. Good night, girls.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 AM
DeCathelete

Good morning,

I will do cardio and abs today. What are your plans today?

Be back later after my workout. Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Cathlete
Fitnessfreakk366's Profile Fields

No workout again today. I'm starting fresh on Monday. My eating has been good, so I'm happy about that. I'm hoping to add a day of weights next week. Maybe I'll do High Reps or come up with a workout on my own. I need to feel the weights in my hands again.

Yep, you all agree that chicken soup is the best for colds. I also believe that. I'm feeling much better. Still sneezing a bit, but I can't complain.
-::- ((.*

"Nothing that matters comes easy, Nothing that comes easy ever really matters..."

Ride on...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Good Morning,

I tried to check in last night but the server must have been down again. I didn't get a workout in by the time I got off work and went to the grocery store it was time to prepare the house for a showing. We went out to eat and then went and saw GS. We got and accepted and offer on the house and the closing date is Feb. 27th now its time to scramble and find a place to move to. Tonite I will do HS cardio and Tabatacize 2.

Debbie-chicken soup is good for anything that ails you especially when mom makes it.

Belinda-still have a runny nose but nothing major just really busy.