Crazy Strong and Loving It for Feb 9, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Not sure what I will do today, I don't feel like driving to the gym today. :confused:
This afternoon I am gettin another MRI on my back, not looking forward to it:( I will be glowing in the dark soon, LOL!

I will be back later!

Have a great workout/day and eat clean!;)

I am done with MMA Kickboxing + abs ! It wasn't a big cal burner:mad: I had to modify a lot! Stil had fun!

BBL!

So today I'm in a better frame of mind today. Probably because I worked out. Had a great one. Same workout as last Monday but in superset format. Workout only took a half hour. I got on my treadmill for a quick 1 mile walk afterwards. Kept my HR at 120 bpm.

Supersets were 2 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each superset.

SS #1
Incline Kickbacks - 8's
ss w/
Hamstring Curls - 37# (up 2#)

SS #2
Hammer Curls - 17's (up 2#)
ss w/
Lateral Raise - 8's (up 2#)
***Got a great burn in the biceps with this one. Shoulders as well. Good superset.

SS #3
Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 22's
ss w/
Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 22's
***Last set of dumbbell rows was only 14 reps. Felt a pull in my low back so I stopped immediately. I'm good, though.

We are in for a huge snow storm today and tomorrow. I cannot wait for summer.

Hi ladies. Unfortunately we didn't have a 2 hour delay, but there was no way I was getting my car out of the drive and making it in at 7am. We had some rain mixed with the snow so it was super packed and slick. We got over 5 inches. Nuts, because that wasn't really the forecast. Go figure.

Since I wasn't going in at 7, I did 30 mins of Imax 2 and my weights. 2 sets of 8 reps supersetting:

SS#1
DB Chest Press - 36.5 (did not go up in weight & struggled with 2nd set this morning)
Dumbbell pullovers - 33# (up 3 from last week)

SS#2
Squats - 91# (up 3 from last week, need barbell to go any heavier at home)
Military Press - 21# (up 1/2 # from last week)

SS#3
Incline Bicep Curls - 17# (should have tried for 17.5 at least)
Lying DB Triceps Extensions - 17# (up .5 from last week, struggled with form)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited:
Nice workouts, Gals!!!

Belinda; MMA Kickboxing is fun! love the ab work on this one and Boxing. I did the MMA: Boxing yesterday!! GOod luck on your MRI!!! (don't they at least give you some relaxing drugs for it?)

Debbie: Great workout today! You didn't yesterday ? I missed the thread, I should go take a peak. Glad you're feeling better though.

Heather: Oh ICK on that weather!! We're supposed to get 5-10 inches of snow tomorrow. Actually, our snowfall is WAY below what we're supposed to have Maryland and PA are getting our usual snow amounts! Very weird! My boys are looking forward to a "no school" day. Not me so much. (wet snowy sledding clothes and boots everywhere, hate that!). Nice job getting in cardio and weights today!! Wow, 17 on triceps? that's great!!!

I'm on week #2 of Cathe's FEB 10 Rotation. I did MMA: Boxing yesterday (great fun workout!) and then did Legs & Glutes today. I always think the older workouts are easier, SO not true. She starts out with 2 sets of 16 leg presses on the high step. Those kill me! Burning inner thigh work on the floor too!!

I have a GYN appt this afternoon to evaluate my lower right pelvic pain. Think good thoughts for me!

*waves* to Nora, Roxie and wendy!!!!

Belinda - I have found that the MMA workouts are very low intensity. I started wearing my weight gloves. At least they're fun for the most part.

Debbie - good job with your weights!!

Chris - good luck at the doc appt. Hope everything is ok.

Hi to Wendy and Nora!!

Belinda - I wanted to tell you that I did read your reply about why the doctor wanted you to workout twice a day. How did the halter test go? Did you get results back yet? Did your HR drop during your workouts or when you were sleeping? Just curious. I like the foam roller you got, very pretty color! Mine's white. Hope the MRI goes well.

Heather - Nice workouts. I like this week and last weeks training because you can add in some cardio since the workouts don't take too long. Right now I can always use a bit more cardio.

Chris - I didn't workout yesterday because my alarm clock was put on mute courtesy of my kitties. And I was just in a funk yesterday, not sick or anything. How are you liking Cathe's rotation? Looks like fun.

Roxie - You better get a workout in today!!! :)

Hi Wendy and Nora!!

I like the supersets because they also get your heart rate up a little more than straight sets (or for me anyway). Glad you said how long the workouts were taking you, because I was thinking I was going through them too quickly!! LOL. I'm not good with prescribed rest times! :eek:

These 2 wks have been great for letting me cut back on time spent doing workouts. 30 mins weights, 30 mins cardio, 1 hour total and done!

Belinda - I wanted to tell you that I did read your reply about why the doctor wanted you to workout twice a day. How did the halter test go? Did you get results back yet? Did your HR drop during your workouts or when you were sleeping? Just curious. I like the foam roller you got, very pretty color! Mine's white. Hope the MRI goes well.

Heather - Nice workouts. I like this week and last weeks training because you can add in some cardio since the workouts don't take too long. Right now I can always use a bit more cardio.

Chris - I didn't workout yesterday because my alarm clock was put on mute courtesy of my kitties. And I was just in a funk yesterday, not sick or anything. How are you liking Cathe's rotation? Looks like fun.

Roxie - You better get a workout in today!!! :)

Hi Wendy and Nora!!

Good Evening,

I ended up babysitting my nephew so I did a quick workout before he got here. Was suppose to do MM upper body but ended up doing basic step instead.

Stats:
30 min
25 in the zone
139 min hr
161 max hr
192 cals burned.

Debbie-it wasn't much but it was a workout then I had to wrestle with the baby to get him to go to sleep.

Hi girls;)

I'm just checking in with today's workout.

Here's today's workout:

P90X Cardio X= 43 min
Calories burned= 411
I was supposed to do P90X Plyo but decided since I ran yesterday to take it easy today especially on my knees so I opted for a easier workout in P90X CardioX.

CTX: Leaner Legs=49 min
Calories burned= 468
I haven't done this one in a while but this was really a great workout and kicked my butt, I loved it. I do have to say that the deadlifts always seem to hurt my lower back for some reason. I had to go really light #35 was to tough with my back hurting so I lightened to #30 on barbells. Great workout other than that. I can see why some of you call it 'Meaner Legs' LOL!!!

Total calories burned= 879:D

Belinda- MMA Kickboxing is fun but like you said not the biggest calorie burner. I like to add 1lb each gloves to wear during it, that helps. Don't use weighted gloves if that in any way hurts or bothers you, ok. I hope your feeling better.
Good luck on your MRI today! I hate getting those they make me claustrophobic and I have to take a med to calm me down before I can have the MRI.

Debbie- Nice workout today great blend of a little cardio and supersets with weights.

Heather- Ooh, another nice weight workout!:) WTG!!

Chris- I've printed out Cathe's Feb 2010 Rotation and it looks awesome. I'm not sure what I'll do next since I've got alot of options right now after I finish P90X. I might do P90X+, Insanity, or one of Cathe's rotations. Its so nice to have the luxury of variety. I have done MMA Kickboxing its really fun and the abs section is da bomb. I do love the MMA Boxing and the Heavy bag bonus, I didn't expect to love that one but I do. Oh and the MMA Fusion is so much fun and a great calorie burner. I have tried all of the STS Cardio ones but Travel fit so I scheduled it in this weeks workout rotation. I haven't gotten to that one yet but I will, I can't wait. I agree with you about Butts and Guts, it offers so many great ways to do it with the premixes and bonuses and ab work. Its such a classic keeper, I'd say that Butts and Guts along with Leaner Legs and Gym Style legs are the best in the business for leg work bar none and tough. If you can't feel it working your legs while doing it then you must not have a pulse or your not human. LOL!!!
Good luck & Hugs on your Gyn doctors appointment today, and wish you all the best. Please take care.

Wendy- *Waves & hugs*

Roxie-*Waves & hugs*

Ok girls that's it for me today, have a great evening and get lots of rest. See ya all at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs:)

Nora

Last edited:
Hi girls -

I've been not so good catching up with you guys the last couple of days - I'm sorry. I did Hiit 30/30 yesterday and LIC today! Great workouts!
Hello to all, hope you have an awesome evening. I've got to get to bball practice!
Good times.....
Debbie and Heather - yuck on the weather! You, too Roxie?
Went for a little spin today, Debbie! Felt so good!
Did I read you had your OB appt, Chris? Hope all is well.
Belinda - how are you doing? Don't worry about modifying - it's all good. Take care of your body!
Nora - yeah! Sun today! It was so beautiful! Have a great workout!
G'night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.