Crazy Strong and Loving It for Feb 5, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will take a rest day today! I am going with DH to Heidelberg, when I am back I will get a nice stretch in!

Have a great day!

I managed to get up and get my workout done once again!! I'm so proud of myself. I did the cardio only premix from LIC then my weights:

2 sets of 12 reps:

DB Upright Rows - 20's (good weights, shoulders are fatigued right now)
Step ups - 60# (12" step)
Decline DB Press - 30's (starting to feel more secure doing this one)
Overhead Triceps Extension - 25# (this was a good weight, almost hit failure)
DB Calf Raises - 88# (actually did 3 sets of 15 reps, turned out, parallel, turned out)

I feel like I'm missing one...but maybe that was all.

Last night I did manage to do the Yoga Abs from Abs Circuit and then stretched for a bit.

Belinda - enjoy your rest day!

Wendy - holy cow with HiiT AND B&G. Can you sit or stand today!!! LOL

Nora
- way to rock your workout (as always). I'm always impressed with your calorie burn.

Hi Roxie and Chris!!!

Good Morning,

Ashamed to say I didn't get a workout in last night, I work in a very old building and the boss likes to keep the heat at 69 degrees and yesterday it rained and snowed all day so it was cold and damp by the time I got home I was chilled clear to the bone all I wanted to do was eat some soup and climb under a blanket and go to sleep. I woke up to 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning. I am also in a life funk right now, I don't like the way my marriage is going, I don't like my job and I am just unhappy with life in general. Tonite is B&G leg blast I will try and get it done.

Belinda-enjoy your rest day and time with DH.

Heather-nice workout your wts are impressive.

Roxie - don't be ashamed!! Things happen. If you weren't feeling it, then it would likely have been a crappy workout anyway right???? I would suggest doing your favorite cardio workout to help lift your spirits. Forget rotations, do something you just really enjoy doing. HUGS!!!!

Good Morning,

Ashamed to say I didn't get a workout in last night, I work in a very old building and the boss likes to keep the heat at 69 degrees and yesterday it rained and snowed all day so it was cold and damp by the time I got home I was chilled clear to the bone all I wanted to do was eat some soup and climb under a blanket and go to sleep. I woke up to 2 inches of snow on the ground this morning. I am also in a life funk right now, I don't like the way my marriage is going, I don't like my job and I am just unhappy with life in general. Tonite is B&G leg blast I will try and get it done.

Belinda-enjoy your rest day and time with DH.

Heather-nice workout your wts are impressive.

Good Morning!

Going to go get started on Plyo Legs Disc 26 (I think that's the number). I'm going to TRY to not push it so hard on the plyo stuff, it's been rough cardio this week (CCC and then IM2 Blasts yesterday). ... After workout, grocery shopping for the weekend , and then home to cook and clean and do laundry. I'm bringing Zach to a late afternoon diabetes check up today, so afterwards we're all meeting at Red Robin for burgers. Not sure how that's going to go with my eating. usually I can be pretty good (get the veggie burger and steamed veggies). But my moods lately in the afternoons have been "gotta eat! gotta eat! hungry hungry hungry!!!". ...

Nora: Great workout last night (as usual, you motivate me just by reading what you did)!! It's good you can follow an eating plan and that it's helped.

Belinda: Enjoy the rest day! Are you done weating the Halter Monitor?

Heather: Another motivator! Thanks, I'm outtahere after I type this to do my workout!

Roxie: I'm sorry Roxie. Hope your funk mood lifts :(. Were you on antidepressants at some point? I thought I remembered that. Winter is tough, even when you don't have depression . I love doing my workouts when it's cold, because it warms me up!!!

Wendy: The news about your dad put a huge smile on my face! Glad he's home to spend time with. AWESOME workouts lately. I know the food thing. Kills me every time.

Good Morning!

Going to go get started on Plyo Legs Disc 26 (I think that's the number). I'm going to TRY to not push it so hard on the plyo stuff, it's been rough cardio this week (CCC and then IM2 Blasts yesterday). ... After workout, grocery shopping for the weekend , and then home to cook and clean and do laundry. I'm bringing Zach to a late afternoon diabetes check up today, so afterwards we're all meeting at Red Robin for burgers. Not sure how that's going to go with my eating. usually I can be pretty good (get the veggie burger and steamed veggies). But my moods lately in the afternoons have been "gotta eat! gotta eat! hungry hungry hungry!!!". ...

Nora: Great workout last night (as usual, you motivate me just by reading what you did)!! It's good you can follow an eating plan and that it's helped.

Belinda: Enjoy the rest day! Are you done weating the Halter Monitor?

Heather: Another motivator! Thanks, I'm outtahere after I type this to do my workout!

Roxie: I'm sorry Roxie. Hope your funk mood lifts :(. Were you on antidepressants at some point? I thought I remembered that. Winter is tough, even when you don't have depression . I love doing my workouts when it's cold, because it warms me up!!!

Wendy: The news about your dad put a huge smile on my face! Glad he's home to spend time with. AWESOME workouts lately. I know the food thing. Kills me every time.

Chris-no I haven't been on antidepressants I just get the winter blues really bad.

Today's workout was Total Body. Had a great workout and it went fast. Love these quick workouts.

2 sets/12 reps with a 90 second rest between each set.

Upright Rows - 45#
***I was worried about my shoulder with this one. Felt great. We'll see how it does later in the day. I really love this exercise. I always feel it the next day.

Leg Press Station - 155#
***Love this exercise. I feel it everywhere.

Flat Dumbbell Press - 35's
***Good weight here.

Zottman Curls - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but I concentrated on the up and down movement doing them slowly. At the bottom of the rep I did not straighten my arms. Kept the contraction going throughout the entire set.

Double Arm Overhead Extensions - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but these felt really good towards the last 3 reps.

Still Legged Deads - 80#
***Good weight here too. Got a great burn and damn do I sweat with this exercise.

Still waiting to hear on that job. Please send me some prayers and good vibes!

Heather - I changed my exercises a bit this morning but the one you forgot to do was Pullovers. There are always 6 exercises. No biggie, though. Don't sweat it. You did nice today, excellent on the weights!

Roxie - I'm so sorry you are in a funk right now. And I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your marriage, I thought things with you and your dh were going better. I hope you can work things out. :(

Hi everyone!! Not much time for personals today. Need to get stuff done and get my grocery shopping done. Have a great day!

Ah that's it. I did pullovers the other day so this morning I did underhand rows using 30# dumbbells. I knew there was another part of my body that was sore!

Today's workout was Total Body. Had a great workout and it went fast. Love these quick workouts.

2 sets/12 reps with a 90 second rest between each set.

Upright Rows - 45#
***I was worried about my shoulder with this one. Felt great. We'll see how it does later in the day. I really love this exercise. I always feel it the next day.

Leg Press Station - 155#
***Love this exercise. I feel it everywhere.

Flat Dumbbell Press - 35's
***Good weight here.

Zottman Curls - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but I concentrated on the up and down movement doing them slowly. At the bottom of the rep I did not straighten my arms. Kept the contraction going throughout the entire set.

Double Arm Overhead Extensions - 15's
***Could have gone heavier but these felt really good towards the last 3 reps.

Still Legged Deads - 80#
***Good weight here too. Got a great burn and damn do I sweat with this exercise.

Still waiting to hear on that job. Please send me some prayers and good vibes!

Heather - I changed my exercises a bit this morning but the one you forgot to do was Pullovers. There are always 6 exercises. No biggie, though. Don't sweat it. You did nice today, excellent on the weights!

Roxie - I'm so sorry you are in a funk right now. And I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your marriage, I thought things with you and your dh were going better. I hope you can work things out. :(

Hi everyone!! Not much time for personals today. Need to get stuff done and get my grocery shopping done. Have a great day!

Thanks ladies for the hugs I think it might have something to do with pre-menopause. I find myself wanting to cry today and then I just get real down. My moods are totally out of control.

Debbie-DH and I are doing better, he still only tells me he loves me about once a week. I just don't know whats going on.

Roxie - I imagine the weather isn't help either. I know it gets me down and you've mentioned it before too.

Thanks ladies for the hugs I think it might have something to do with pre-menopause. I find myself wanting to cry today and then I just get real down. My moods are totally out of control.

Debbie-DH and I are doing better, he still only tells me he loves me about once a week. I just don't know whats going on.

Checking in -

Roxie, I'm sorry you're down. Try to not borrow trouble, though. I know we can all let our imaginations get the best of us, and we can get mad or sad about things that just aren't really there. And, how I know how PMS can make me so much less tolerant of, well, anything really. It definitely alters my attitude every month. I just try to not let it get out of hand. And it's a work in progress EVERY month!
Heather and Debbie - glad you guys are liking your workouts. I went online and read up a little more on it and it sounds really great. I'd like to try it sometime.
Today, however, I totally needed a dose of "kick in the pants"! So I started out with Push/Pull. Such a great little gem! And then I added the last premix of SJP/SB. It was a Step and Weight circuit just over an hour. Sweet potato pie! I totally needed it! I burned about 650 calories!
And when the girls get home from school, we're going to go down to the bball court and practice playing defense!
Hello to Belinda, Nora and Chris!!!!!!
See ya.......

Hi girls, Happy Friday!:):eek:

I'm just stopping by to check in with today's workout, and then do personals.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: HiiT-30/30= 30 Min
Calories burned= 369
This seems to be the easiest by far of the 3 HiiT and Cardio Core Circuit workouts. I've done all 3 of the HiiT's so I feel confident in saying that.

P90X Legs & Back= 59 min
Calories burned= 483

Legs & Glutes-Floorwork Only= 11 Min
Calories burned= 60

Total calories burned= 1,010!!!!:eek::D

Heather- Awesome job on your cardio and weight workout today! Bravo!!;)

Roxie- don't be ashamed. We all have our days and slumps so don't beat your self up about it, ok. Just move on from here and find a fun workout that you really want to do or take a day off to sort of give yourself a break and get back into it the next day. Good luck on whatever workouts you do. Hang in there, kiddo! ;) Sorry your feeling blue. You might want to share that with your doctor because he may be able to help you with anti depressants. I take generic Zoloft and its a godsend between it and workingout it keeps my moods in check and I don't feel blue anymore. Please take care and just know that we've all be there or are there and understand. *Hugs*;)

Chris- Awesome job on STS Plyo Legs, that's a good one. Ooh, Red Robin that sounds good its been years since I've eaten there. Have a great time!;)

Debbie- Wow! That sounds like a fun workout WTG! As always your workouts are something for me to aspire to as well as the weights your able to lift, face it girlfriend, you're a rock star!:D:eek::cool:;)

Belinda- Take it easy there Ms. Gladiator we don't want you to have to go back to the hospital. Please take care and let us know what the doctors think is going on with you. I'll keep sending well wishes and prayers to you and your DH, I'm sure he's worried and concerned as well. *Hugs*

Wendy- Nice workout, sounds like your having a very busy day. Have fun at the BB game. Can you believe it? It was actually sunny:eek: and 59 degrees today in Albany Oregon. I'm still in shock I even had to wear sun glasses today, stunning:p. *Waves & Hugs*

Ok girls that's it for me today. Have a great evening and I'll seeya at tomorrow's check in.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.