Crazy Strong and Loving It for Feb 3, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day,

I never got a workout in yesterday:mad: except my abs! My PT took way to long yesterday, I was in there forever :( I was gonna go after my PT, but DH told me they will close the base at 6 :20 pm, due to 10 " of snow:mad: Looks like we got 6 ", like we need more snow:confused:

Today I will get a holder monitor, after that I will go to the gym. Before the close again:p

Today is my son's 21 b-day!

Have a great day and workout!

Hallo girls,

Thanks for the b-day wished for my son! I am sad, I am not with him today!:(

I am done with iTri Set 16 (TM, elliptical, bike and TM) Had an excellent workout today, no problems at all(DH was watching me!. It's a matter of fact, I ran better than ever:) I am also wearing a holter monitor today, that means I have to get a second workout in today. I will do some weight training, not sure what yet? Maybe I will start with M2 today, need to push it today.:rolleyes: I woke up this morning with a stuffed nose, if it's not one thing it's another!:confused:

I will be back for personals! Need to get my second workout in, before I decited not to do it.LOL!

Best wished,

Today was Total Body and I had a great workout. It only took about 35 minutes to do. I wish all workouts could be this short!

2 sets of 8 reps with a 1 minute rest between each set.

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 85#
***Good weight here. I think if I would have gone any heavier the reps would have been sloppy.

Barbell Rows - 85#
***This felt really good too, concentrated on the squeeze at the top of the movement. That always makes a difference.

Squats - 85#
***Lots of 85# today. Concentrated on squeezing my glutes.

Dumbbell Military Press - 20's
***Could have gone heavier here.

Alternate Hammer Curls - 25's
***I can't think of the name of this exercise. When you do the curl you sweep the weight across the front of your body, then you do the curl and twist at the top. What are those called? That's what I did here.

Lying Barbell Extension - 50#
***Good weight here. Got a good burn.

Then I had tons of time so I got on my treadmill and did a fast walk at 3.3 mph on and incline of 3%. Got sweaty doing this, even more then doing Kenpo yesterday. I wanted to see how my hip flexor did on this and it was fine. No tightness or pain. So I'm happy about that. I think I still need to take it easy when it comes to my treadmill for a while.

I managed to get up this morning and get in my cardio and weights. I did Athletic Step then weights. I know weights should be done first, but I needed the cardio to get me awake enough to do weights. I also needed DH to be up to spot for chest.

Today was 2 sets of 8 reps (I did modify which exercises b/c I was at home)

DB Press - 36.5's (I did struggle with these a bit today)

Pullovers - 30#

Squats - 88# (didn't really have any way to go heavier, must get barbell. Of course, at 6 am this felt heavy)

Military Press - 20.5's (Just couldn't muster 21's. Almost failed at 8th on 2nd set)

Incline Curls - 16/17 (should have started with 17, biceps are FRIED)

Lying DB Extensions - 16.5 (struggled with last 2 on 2nd set)

Very happy to have workouts done for the day!!

Belinda - good job with your cardio

Nora - Holy smokes with that calorie burn yesterday!!!

Hey to everyone!

We got about an inch of snow last night. But it still has to be cleared, so I did about 3/4's of the driveway and our front and back side walk, and I'm pooped! I had so much energy when I got up this morning too!! LOL!

And I'm going to have to find it again, since it's a double workout today! First Cardio Core Circuit and then PUB, up until the stability ball. Think I can do it? I'm not so excited about CCC, I didn't like doing it the first time 'as is', but maybe I'll like it better this time around.

I definitely have some nice DOMS in my buttocks this morning , I thought I'd feel more in my quads, since they were on fire yesterday with B&G Leg Blast, but not really. It's all in my butt!

Belinda: Sounds like a good workout today, AND a LOT of snow! Wow!

Debbie: nice job on the weights!! :eek: Glad you tolerated the TM ok today too.

Heather: I can only do 15#'s on overhead presses (if I want to do more than 8 reps). They KILL me, I don't know why. you did a fantastic job! I haven't done Athletic Step in a while, I hope it comes up on this rotation soon!

Nora: Yes! You work out WAY to crazy much! I get tired READING your workouts!

Off to it....

Chris - good job with the DOMS. There are lots of times I think I'm going to get them in quads and it ends up in, well, the end! I don't know that I'll ever do CCC as is again. I really hated it to be honest. Are you going to separate it out? Good luck with your workouts!!! I'm tired reading about them too LOL.

I am very impressed with my weights as of late. Shoulders used to be the bane of my weight lifting existence. I never thought I could press more than 8lb. Now I'm over 20???? Persistence has paid off I guess.

Hey to everyone!

We got about an inch of snow last night. But it still has to be cleared, so I did about 3/4's of the driveway and our front and back side walk, and I'm pooped! I had so much energy when I got up this morning too!! LOL!

And I'm going to have to find it again, since it's a double workout today! First Cardio Core Circuit and then PUB, up until the stability ball. Think I can do it? I'm not so excited about CCC, I didn't like doing it the first time 'as is', but maybe I'll like it better this time around.

I definitely have some nice DOMS in my buttocks this morning , I thought I'd feel more in my quads, since they were on fire yesterday with B&G Leg Blast, but not really. It's all in my butt!

Belinda: Sounds like a good workout today, AND a LOT of snow! Wow!

Debbie: nice job on the weights!! :eek: Glad you tolerated the TM ok today too.

Heather: I can only do 15#'s on overhead presses (if I want to do more than 8 reps). They KILL me, I don't know why. you did a fantastic job! I haven't done Athletic Step in a while, I hope it comes up on this rotation soon!

Nora: Yes! You work out WAY to crazy much! I get tired READING your workouts!

Off to it....

I made it through. Holy crap, that was long, 90 minutes!!! (92 minutes w/ a tiny rest in between). By the end my stomach was SOOOO hungry. it was definitely harder to do the weights AFTER that cardio. I didn't push to do heavier, like I would if I did PUB by itself. I slacked off a little, but still burned. ..... I did the CCC as is. Actually, it WAS better this time. I think, because I've done the core work twice, and got to concentrate better on JUST the core last time, I knew the moves better and didn't stand there with my chin on the floor watching . It was nicer to have the little breaks in between the cardios, where doing it with JUST the blasts last time , there were no real breaks.

Thanks, Heather!! :)

Nora - You are a workout maniac! You didn't come back for personals. :(

Belinda - I'm sorry you can't be with your son on his birthday. That has to be hard. I'm sure he knows you love him, though. I had to wear a halter before - for 48 hours. And let me tell you, it's a pain in the butt!!! Tons of wires, this stupid thing that holds a cassette tape. Talk about going back in time. You would think with all the technology they have out now, those things would be small and hardly noticable. It was a pain to sleep with it, too. Good luck!

Heather - Nice nice job on the weights. That is the coolest part of this program, you get strong fast. It's based on the STS thing, muscle confusion. And it works. Nice going!

Chris - Hell yes I think you can do it!!! You go girl!!! Nice workout!!! And wow! That was a Nora workout!

Where's Roxie???

Nora - You are a workout maniac! You didn't come back for personals. :(

Belinda - I'm sorry you can't be with your son on his birthday. That has to be hard. I'm sure he knows you love him, though. I had to wear a halter before - for 48 hours. And let me tell you, it's a pain in the butt!!! Tons of wires, this stupid thing that holds a cassette tape. Talk about going back in time. You would think with all the technology they have out now, those things would be small and hardly noticable. It was a pain to sleep with it, too. Good luck!

Heather - Nice nice job on the weights. That is the coolest part of this program, you get strong fast. It's based on the STS thing, muscle confusion. And it works. Nice going!

Chris - Hell yes I think you can do it!!! You go girl!!! Nice workout!!! And wow! That was a Nora workout!

Where's Roxie???

Debbie-Roxie is unable to post on this checkin due to the fact that she has been a lazy slob the last 2 days when she improves her attitude and gets her but in gear then she will be allowed to post again.

Debbie-Roxie is unable to post on this checkin due to the fact that she has been a lazy slob the last 2 days when she improves her attitude and gets her but in gear then she will be allowed to post again.

LMFAO!!! Get in here and post! Get up and do it!!! Roxie, you did so well with the one rotation you did and now you are letting all that hard work go. I understand if you need a break, but I think you are just being lazy, like you said! Love ya, girl! Come back to workout world!!! :p

Hi girls,

I also did Meso 2, Disc 13 today. No problem at all, hope it stays that way! Love the slower pace. My tri are on fire! I will do 2 workouts tomorrow again. The doctor better be impressed with me;)

Debbie, glad you liked Kenpo X yesterday. I am still getting lots of tests, my doc is not 100% sure if it's all vertigo. One thing I haven't read anywhere. that you pass out from it! I have vertiog with the dizziness and nausea, I don't believe that caused me to pass out! I will be carefull, DH was babysitting me at the gym today, lol! WOW, on your weight workout today. Thanks, I did talked to my son a few times today. LOL, about the halter and yes it's a pain. Can't even take a shower after 2 hours of workouts, except washing up, lol! I hope I can sleep with that thing on today!

Roxie, get your workout in. I hope you are sweating right now!
Heather, nice job with SB yesterday. LOL, you calling me crazy lady! I am a nut, I know! WTG, on getting up eary and getting your cardio/weight wo in!

Chris, I missed you too! It feels great to be back. Hope this was it, whatever it was. I am very compfy with the doctors. Nice job with CF & B&G yesterday. Sounds like you had a tough workout today, wtg!

Nora, fantasic jo on that cal burn yesterday. What do you eat before you workout. You rock, girl!

I will be back tomrrow!
Best wishes,

Good Evening,

I did KCMs 30min to KB. I want to do abs later but we will see.

Stats:
31 min
28 in the zone
145 min hr
176 max hr
217 cals burned.

;)Hi girls!:)

I'll just jump in with my workout check in first then get to personals.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: Circuit Blast- Cardio Only=23 minutes
Calories burned= 220

P90X Back & Biceps= 52 min
Calories burned= 426

P90X Ab RipperX = 16 min
Calories burned= 98

Total calories burned = 744
Week 10, day 3 of P90X, almost done with my P90X rotation!:eek:

Belinda- I'm glad your still seeing your PT, I hope all that is going well. I did read that you meantioned your doctors are testing to see if it is an auto immune issue, its a good idea to consider it as a possibility. To me it doesn't sound like your classic case of vertigo. I hope you get some answers soon, please know we are all keeping the positive thoughts and prayers flowing to you. Keep up the good work with your workouts, but above it all your health is important so take it easy and not over do it. I know, laughable coming from me, huh.:p I wish you well. No way do you have a sun that is 21! You seem way younger than that. I have two kids and the oldest is 15!:eek: I'm in shock, see what happens when you feed them!:p:D Thanks for the kind comments on P90X, I really want to finish it. There is a total of twelve weeks in it so I've got the finish line in sight.;)

Debbie- Nice workout as always, your my workout hero. Regarding KenpoX I know the part where Tony says his heart rate is at 160! I look at mine and its usually at about 135-140 at the most. Is there that much difference in Mens HR and women's? what does the 160 mean for Tony then in terms of HR? IS he cardio fit then? Just curious, sorry. I'm so excited for you about the interview, I know you said it went well but they'll let you know at the end of the week. I hope you get it!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you;) I know you commented that you were concerned that I was over doing it on the workouts. I've found that P90X doesn't have enough cardio for me, so I've been adding some STS Cardio into the rotation. I feel better with a bit more cardio into it. I want to start Insanity but feel I need to get into better cardio condition first, because I know its cardio intense insane drills. I Plan to start adding back 3 days a week of Cardio Coach to help me get conditioned for it. I have Insanity have watched the fit test disc and know its like HiiT, and nearly puke worthy. I don't know if I'd do that as it recommends with a 6 day workout schedule for 60 days. I might do it a bit differently not sure, first I have to get conditioned for it. I did get P90X+ and that looks really good too, so I have lots of fun options to play with and I do like the rotations cathe posts and yours too! Lots of workout fun to choose from. Please let this mean I'll drop pounds like crazy!!! Let the weightloss gods be with me!:p

Chris- P90X+ is the Next level of P90X. Its more intense and builds on the conditioning you've learned in P90X. Its harder from the clips I've seen of it at beachbody.com. There are only 4 dvds in that one, it offers three different rotation focus as does the original such as: Classic, Lean, and Doubles. Then they show an example rotation mixing the P90X in with P90X+ adding more dimension to the workout. I like lots of workout options to keep the boredom at bay. I think it looks like fun, I so want to lose weight and get those killer abs, ok so its a dream of mine:p Good for you on starting Cathe's February rotation, I did print that one out and added it to my cathe rotation file I have on my computer. I like that one too! Maybe a mix of Cardio Coach, P90X+, and Feb rotation? How's that for variety? LOL!! I would not attempt to do more than I can. It depends on what P90X+ has in store for me. I'll think about it. I still have a couple of weeks left after this one with P90X.

Roxie- Hey girl, nice workout today. I like KCM, its fun, fast and goes by quickly so that helps to get it done. Awesome job on today's workout!

Heather- I know I'm a bit of a workout maniac I so desperately want results so I don't mind doing the work. I'm still waiting for the results to catch up with me, damn it! LOL!! Where are my six pack abs I've been working for and tiny waist, eh? Again,working out and waiting. I think my results are M.I.A, I've been robbed I tell you, robbed!:D Great job on your workout. I don't post my weights anymore because its sort of depressing compared to you and Debbie's. I've gotten stronger but not as much as I'd like. I think MS plays a big hand in that for me. When I first got MS my heaviest weight I could lift was 5lbs, and 3lbs. Now its much more. Bi's #15-17, Tri's-#12-14, Chest #30 bench press, Legs- #65, so there has been progress but its like my body doesn't like to be too quick to given and show it. My body is in denial, see that's it! LOL!!! I'm always so inspired and proud of you and Debbie lifting such amazing weights, WTG ladies!! Keep up the awesome job!

Wendy- *Waves & Hugs* I hope your having great workouts and reapping the benefits in looking and feeling fabulous!

Hugs to everyone, and extra hugs to Belinda to feel better and to Debbie wishing her well on finding out if she get the job she interviewed for recently.
;):):D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.