Crazy Strong and Loving It for Feb 1, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Yesterday I finshed up Meso 1:p Can't wait to go into Meso 2! Today is my recovery week, not sure if I will take it or not? Haven't decited! Had trouble with the down movements, got very dizzy! I had to take lots of breaks!:rolleyes: As long as I don't move my head to much, I am good to go! Maybe today I will just get a nice stretch in?

I will be back with personals!

Great job everyone, keep up the great work! BBL!

Today was Full Body and I had an ok workout. High reps so it was hard to figure out what weights to use. I actually sort of feel like I didn't even workout. But that's ok, I know that's how this rotation is suppose to be.

2 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set.

Incline Tricep Kickbacks - 10's/18 reps; 8's/18 reps
***First set was on a high incline. This weight was uncomfortable for my shoulder blades so I went on a lower incline and used 8's. That was perfect.

Hamstring Curls - 35#
***First set was brutal. Hamstrings still feel weird with some exercises. It was better on the 2nd set.

Hammer Curls - 15's
***Great burn with this one. Good weight.

Lateral Raise - 5's/18 reps; 6's/18 reps
***Probably could have used 8's here. Didn't even get a burn going.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 15's/18 reps; 20's/18 reps
***Should have used 25's for both sets.

Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 20's
***Good weight here, got an excellent burn towards the last 5 reps.

Then I did Ab work and did the Oxygen Triset that I love so much.

3 sets - 1st set was 15 reps each exercise with 1 minute rest; 2nd set was 12 reps each exercise with 1 minute rest; 3rd set was 10 reps each exercise with 1 minutes rest:

Hanging Knee Raise
Bench V-Ups
Reverse Bench Cruch

This always gets me good. I love it!

Hi ladies. Hope everyone is having a good Monday so far. Today I plan on heading up to the gym and doing my weights and trying to get in 30 mins on the treadmill and/or elliptical.

While I'm enjoying this total body workout, I just feel like my legs are always ever so slightly fatigued. Not full DOMS, just tired, heavy. Debbie, are yours that way? I'm loving what it's doing for upper body though. I really have seen some results.

Debbie - good job with your workout this morning. Your weights help give me an indication of where I'll be aiming for this evening. I knew I'd be going lighter with 18 (holy cow) reps!!

Belinda - good job finishing M1. Enjoy this rest week. You really deserve it!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite is suppose to be drillmax cardio, but DH and I went shopping yesterday and I wore heels that were to small and my back and ankles are screaming so I will probably do something with less impact and I am suppose to do 30 pushups and 200 crunches we will see how the back feels.

Debbie-good job with the wts and way to go on the abs.

Heather-maybe you shouldn't do the elliptical or TM tonite.

Belinda-congrats on finishing meso 1. Enjoy your rest week.

Belinda - So are they certain your problem is vertigo? It makes sense. I wonder if all the sinus issues you have suffered has anything to do with it?

Heather - Yea, 18 reps suck. Just so you know, I changed the first exercise because my right knee was killing me yesterday. So if you want to do leg extensions instead of tricep kickbacks, feel free to do that.

Roxie - Thanks on the abs. Glad I got them done! Ouch on the heel! I hate when that happens!

I'm back! Did my workout at lunch today. Because of that, I had to change hamstring curls to deadlifts. I also opted to keep the legs in for today and did static lunges. My triceps were still sore from Friday.

2 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set.

Static Lunges - 40# (probably could have done 45)

Wide Leg Deadlifts - 40#

Hammer Curls - 15's (almost hit failure, proud of this weight)

Lateral Raise - 10's (almost hit failure at last 2 reps

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 20's

Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 18/20's, 18/21.5's

I warmed up with HiiT Pyramid's warm up (I think it's about 5 mins) then did weights, then finished the Pyramid workout. It was a good blast to the legs. I really need to stretch. There was a 20 min yoga on the On Demand that I thought I might try after work today.

Hi girls!;)

I'm getting excited that I am in week 10 of P90X I'm nearly done, can't believe it! I did purchase P90X Plus and I have Insanity so I think I can do that, maybe squeeze in one or two Insanity workouts to see how it goes if its not too much for my knees. I do want to do Insanity just not sure if I can do it the way they have it, we'll see. It does look like fun sort of like HiiT workouts lots of cardio drills where you think your heart/lungs or both are going to burst, LOL!!! I'm insane enough to enjoy those kinds of workouts and try it. :eek:

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: Circuit Blast= 44 min
Calories burned= 421

I think this workout is so much fun and its just enough cardio that I can still have the strength & energy to do weights and abs too! For those that forget STS Shock Cardio is meant to go with STS strength so its not meant to be a super long and killer intense workout that leaves you completely spent. They were designged with the idea of them being used together, so I think its briliant. I like to get a good amount of cardio in before I do my weights and it warms me up really good for that. I love this workout, its fun, its challenging and does a lot in a little time and is very time efficient. Bravo Cathe!

P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps= 55 Minutes
Calories burned= 451

P90X Ab RipperX= 16 Minutes
Calories burned= 98

Total calories burned from today's workout= 970!:eek::D
This was a great workout day and it was fun. I have to say that I really am having fun with the Shock Cardio workouts I've been adding them to P90X on Resistance training days and I can see that the STS Cardio and the STS Strength are perfectly suited to be used together. Its so nice to have such quality and variety in my workouts, it really breaks up the boredom and ups the fun factor.

That's it for me today girls, I'm really tired and in desperate need of a shower, so I'll call it a night and skip the personals tonight.

*Waves & Hugs * to Wendy, Debbie, Belinda, Chris, Heather and Roxie!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.