CRAZY STRONG & LOVING IT FOR AUGUST 6, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I just came back from the ENT doc:( I have another ear/sinus infection. He gave me antibotics and more Nasonex! He also took a culture from my sinus, the last time he forgot to take one. He wanted to do it right away, before I start the antibotics. I will get the results Monday. It also will tell me what infection/virus is attacking me.

I will do cardio today, I have to wait until the meds work for my headach!

I will be back later!

Good morning all.

Belinda - sorry to hear that! Hope your meds kick in quickly...

OMG, I did The Viper last night. LOVED IT!! It was really quite exhausting though. Totally wiped me out. When the Imax2 interval #9 came on in the last segment, I almost quit. I modified it a little. The plie jacks are a killer so I did plyos instead on some of it.

I'm going to do a shorty cardio when I get home today, probably a cardio coach. Then DH and I are having a "date night". Not sure what we're going to do yet but it will be nice to go out just the two of us!

BBL

Well - the second rest day was worth it. I'm still kinda pooped though - but I think that's cuz this morning's workout was a goodie! I did PLB (which I LOVED, sweat my butt off!), followed by Core Max (balanced core) and then a short run with my hubs. The run was killer though, barely made it 3 miles. Oh well - they can't all be fantastic runs now can they?

Belinda! So sorry you are sick again. That stinks!!

Melissa - nicely done on that workout. I think I would've cried at the plie jacks. HA!

Hi to Chris, Roxie, Nora, Heather and Jo!

TGIF! I ended up doing 40 mins of SB (combos 1 & 2, finished combo 3, and first 2 blasts). It ended up being a really fun workout that flew by so I'm really glad I sort of forced myself to do it. Today is going to be a 2nd rest day for me. Tomorrow I plan on chest and back and Sunday will be legs.

Belinda - sorry to hear about the sinus probs again. That sucks!

Jessica - yay for PLB! Glad you're liking those.

Melissa - can't believe you did the Viper this week of all weeks. You're nuts :eek:

Chris - how are your legs????

Hi Roxie, Debbie, Nora and Jolene!

Melissa - can't believe you did the Viper this week of all weeks. You're nuts :eek:

Heather - HA! I am slightly nuts...:p I can't believe I did it either, actually. I've had this DVD since the 2008 RT and everytime I read the workout descriptions, I would quickly move onto something else. I don't know what possessed me.

Jessica - nice job on your workout this morning. I have PLB on for tomorrow.

I am thisclose to convincing DH to build me an aerobic floor in the basement...:D My heel didn't bother me all weekend. Today, I'm limping around like an old lady again! It has to be the floor. I think Chris posted the directions on the forum a while ago. I have to go find it...

Last edited:
Melissa - that's great to hear that your heels weren't hurting. I wish I could say the same about mine. They were hurting soooo bad after both step workouts. The did so-so last night doing step.

Heather - HA! I am slightly nuts...:p I can't believe I did it either, actually. I've had this DVD since the 2008 RT and everytime I read the workout descriptions, I would quickly move onto something else. I don't know what possessed me.

Jessica - nice job on your workout this morning. I have PLB on for tomorrow.

I am thisclose to convincing DH to build me an aerobic floor in the basement...:D My heel didn't bother me all weekend. Today, I'm limping around like an old lady again! It has to be the floor. I think Chris posted the directions on the forum a while ago. I have to go find it...

Can I join????

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if I could join your group (since I know alot of you)!!! I need more accountability then just writing my workouts down on the calendar. I am a teacher and my goal this summer was to lose 10 lbs. and up to the Road Trip I had lost 3, so I need some motivation to stay on track.

I am trying to work more core into my workouts. Yesterday, I did upperbody and then a core circuit workout. This morning I did yoga and hopfully later I will be able to get some sort of cardio in.

Is anyone buying the new DVD's? I am debating between that and Turbo Fire. A bunch of ladies were taling about how they like that program on the RT. Anyone hear about it??

Andrea:)

Good Morning,

I am being horrible with my workouts this week, but tonite I will do my very best to get CLX Lean Phase 2 done and some more abs.

Andrea-Chris and Nora are the Turbo Fire experts on this thread. Welcome to the group I am your resident Nazi on Abs if you don't do them I will remind you nicely to get them done.

Heather-good job on your workout.

Belinda-sorry to hear you are sick again.

Melissa-you are a brave girl doing that workout. How are the abs coming? Enjoy your date night.

Jessica-good job with your workout and you are really rocking the abs this week. I have CM but have never done it yet.

Of course you can!!!

I am planning on buying the new workouts. Chris and Nora both have and love Turbo Fire so I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions about that on.

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if I could join your group (since I know alot of you)!!! I need more accountability then just writing my workouts down on the calendar. I am a teacher and my goal this summer was to lose 10 lbs. and up to the Road Trip I had lost 3, so I need some motivation to stay on track.

I am trying to work more core into my workouts. Yesterday, I did upperbody and then a core circuit workout. This morning I did yoga and hopfully later I will be able to get some sort of cardio in.

Is anyone buying the new DVD's? I am debating between that and Turbo Fire. A bunch of ladies were taling about how they like that program on the RT. Anyone hear about it??

YAY Andi! welcome to our crazy forum :)

And um, I can totally vouch for Roxie on being the Abs Nazi - she keep me on my toes (er, abs?)!!

Hi ladies,

Hi Girls!

Had a rough night last night and was extremely tired this morning, but had to get up to get 2 of my boys ready for camp.

ON the Turbo Fire rotation was FIRE 55 EZ Class. This month has been very repetitive with the cardios. Next month is better. Actually, after this week, it's better. But since I was tired, I just didn't feel like doing FIRE 55 EZ, again :)eek: *gasp*!). I know, I know. I love TF!!! And have NOT been sick of ANY of the workouts after 6 weeks of them. But today, I was just tired.

So instead, I did Step Blast! tough for me, with the fatigue, but I did it ALL, every last bit of it. I finished off, as I dripped sweat everywhere, with Shoulders from PUB.

Belinda: Oh rats! Sorry your sinuses are infected again. Hope the meds help qiuckly!!

Nora: (From last night). Nice job on the Turbo Fires yesterday. Oh the band work definitely is "light stuff" and qualifies for recovery week. That's cool you're doing STS with TF!!!... Today is my youngests LAST day of camp. I'll have him home for the next 3 weeks until school starts with my 10 yr old. But my oldest is staying in camp 2 more weeks as Counselor In training. (He's 14, ALMOST 15).

Meliissa: OMG, The Viper? *bows to you*. that is a super tough sweaty mess workout!! Great going!!!!! Have fun tonight!!!

Heather: YAY for SB!!!! it was fun!

Andrea: Welcome to the group!!! OMG, I could talk about TF nonstop. LOVE it to BITS! Do you have any speciific questions? Ask away!!

gotta run, grocery shopping and my son just ran out the door and is waiting in the car! LOL!

YAY...Andrea's here!!!

I'm still up in the air about the new workouts. I really want Intensity. Not so sure about the other 3...:eek:

Chris - how'd the boys do at the camp sleep-over? DD is sleeping over at a friends tonight for a bday party. She's only slept away a few times and it's always a crap-shoot whether or not she'll make it through...:confused:

YAY...Andrea's here!!!

I'm still up in the air about the new workouts. I really want Intensity. Not so sure about the other 3...:eek:

Chris - how'd the boys do at the camp sleep-over? DD is sleeping over at a friends tonight for a bday party. She's only slept away a few times and it's always a crap-shoot whether or not she'll make it through...:confused:

Melissa: My youngest son did AWESOME at the camp overnight! He LOVED it, came home dirty and stinky and wet and was in heaven! He loved the campfire and the sleeping bag and friends, and everything! I Asked hims was there one thing he didn't like. And he said, "Having to go to sleep". LOL. He cried this morning, because it's his last day. My oldest son is a pro at camp overnights, so he was fine.

OMG, My butt is BROKEN today from STS Legs yesterday. BROKEN. As in grimace-everytime-I -sit-on-the-toilet broken! YAY! (LOL!)

Hi girls!;)

Happy Friday!!! I just finished my favorite Turbo Fire workout so far (I haven't done all the workouts yet, I'm in week 6 of the class schedule) Fire 55EZ, I just love it! The fun factor is through the roof and the music is awesome.

Here's today's workout:

Turbo Fire- Fire 55 EZ Class= 57 Min
Calories burned= 700
Met Value= 9.0
I had a awesome workout today. I'm a Turbo Fire Fan!

Total calories burned= 700:)

I got the other KCM workout today in the mail. I haven't done it yet but I did preview it and its awesome, its called LIFT. The other one is Circuit Burn and they are the newest editions of the 30 Minutes to Fitness Dvd series. I have to say both of these workouts are the best yet and the premixes are da bomb on both of them. You gotta give these a try ladies! Ok, true KCM is not as tough as our Cathe but its still very good and fun.;)

Belinda- Oh no not another sinus infection. I'm so sorry, I hope the meds the doctor gave you will help and get rid of that nasty headache. Awesome job with your workout even with not feeling your best. WTG, on Shock Cardio…MMA Boxing and even the Heavy Bag Bonus too! :eek::):cool:

Melissa- Your so right about the Viper! Terminator is my favorite of the compilation dvds. Every workout on there is amazing and the calorie burn with those is super high, you know I love that part. Check it out in the workout manager for each of the Terminator individual workouts. Fantastic job last night on the Viper and so glad you had a great workout with it. Ooh have a great short cardio tonight and a wonderful date night with your hubby. ;):)

Jessica- Killer workout today with PLB, Core Max, and the 3mile run too! Yep, I'd feel pretty sore and exhausted after that too! Be proud of that workout it was smokin'!:eek::cool::)

Heather- Great jop on SB premix, bravo! Enjoy your rest day today and do something super fun and relaxing. Excellent job as always with your workouts.:)

Andrea- Hi and welcome to our group! Of course you can join us, why not? The more the merrier. I'm currently doing Turbo Fire and its awesome! I did pre-order Cathe's new dvds as well. Great idea to incorporate more core into your workouts. Its what all the professional athletes do as well no matter what sport, the Core is very important so good for you! Yesterday you mentioned doing Cardio Core Circuit, excellent choice, and then upperbody workouts, sounds pretty awesome to me WTG!!:) Today's workout plan is to do yoga, which you did, and then later a cardio workout for you. Again, sounds like a good plan to me. Keep up the great job with your workouts, and again welcome to our group!;)

Roxie- We all have off days and weeks every now and then when it comes to our workouts, so your in good company. You plan to do CLX Lean Phase 2 done and some more abs, sounds like a recipe for a great workout. WTG!!! You're doing so great and nearly finished with CLX, so don't stop your doing fantastic!!! You go girl!!:):eek:

Chris- Oh man tough night for you last night then. You might want to take today as a unscheduled rest day. I agree about this feeling a little repetitive with Turbo Fire as far as I'm into it finishing up week 6. I'm looking forward to the upcoming weeks of TF. I'm really anxious to dip into the Advanced Turbo Fire dvds. I'm enjoying STS again. Monday I will start Meso 2, which will be tough but fun. Great job with SB today even with fatigue. I totally understand fatigue. I have to battle fatigue every single day with MS. Its been super hot here and that so doesn't play well with my MS. I was out in the heat yesteday and had trouble using my legs they just felt like they'd crumble under me any second and I couldn't walk in a straight line to save my self. I almost passed out it was too damn hot for me and I couldn't breathe. It took me all last night and today to recover from it, ugh! I understand how sucky it is to workout when your feeling fatigue. I push myself to get the workouts in no matter what, yep I'm my own worst slave driver.:p Take it easy Chris and rest tonight and feel better!;):cool:
Happy to hear camp was a success.:);)

That's if for me today, have a great night and seeya at tomorrow's check in!;)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Good Evening,

I did CLX Lean Phase 2 and a walk in the park.

Sumo Squat w/Anterior Deltoid Lift-15lbs/12reps.
Double Arm Row w/Single Leg Lift-15lbs/6 reps each leg.
Single Hamstring Curls w/Lateral Raise-7lbs/6 reps each leg.
Runners Lunge w/Double Arm Row-12lbs/6 reps each leg.
Lateral Raise w/Abduction-5lbs/12reps.
Plank w/Single Arm Row-7lbs/12 reps each arm.
Reverse Lunge w/Lateral Raise-10lbs/12 reps each arm to heavy.
Posterior Deltoid Raise w/Leg Lift-5lbs/12 reps each leg.
Squat w/Double Arm Anterior Delt Lift-5lbs/12 reps.

Stats:
39 min
27 in the zone
131 min hr
166 max hr
229 cals burned.

1 mile walk:
18 min
13 in the zone
127 min hr
143 max hr
100 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.