Crazy strong & loving it for Aug 26, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Not sure what cardio in on the rotation today, but whatever it is I will do it;)

I will be back to report my workout and personals!

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone!

Good morning.

I ended up going for a run, the first 40 min I ran alone, than ran to the house picked up the dogs and ran anther 30 min. The dogs are tired and so am I:) I burned 750 cal today, not bad. I don't get it, I always have a high cal running, if I do a dvd it's low:eek: It's not like I don't work hard.......

Hi to everyone that follows today.

I need to clean the house than go grocery shopping. BBL!

Hi Girls!!

Just finished up my workout... Turbo Fire 30 and then did one from the advanced: Abs 10. I still think TF 30 is tougher than most of the workouts (do you, Nora?). It moves so fast RIGHT out of the gate and doesn't stop! Abs 10 was hard stuff too. I'm sure to feel it tomorrow!!

So, looks like we're not getting the German Shepherd doggie. It sounds like she has some health issues, and to tell you the truth, I was jumping into this emotions first, and not thinking with my HEAD! She was/is a sweet dog, but she has some problems. Allergies (not sure to what), skin issues, ear infections, recent weight loss. and now, maybe liver issues. As much as I loved her, and would love to take care of her, we really can't afford it, timewise and moneywise.

And my 2 younger boys are all gung ho on getting A dog, so we're going to go to a local shelter to take a gander today! who knows!!

Belinda: Nice run today!!! I swear, running is the best workout ever, calorie wise, AND for lower body. I'm so looking forward to getting some in next week after school starts back. .... I start week #10 of Turbo Fire tomorrow! Isn't that crazy? 9 full weeks of it, and STILL loving it!! and having FUN doing it! AND sweating my butt off! there is a 20 week rotation, not sure if I'll make it to 20 or what I'll do.

Roxie: Good luck with CLX intervals tonight and abs!

Andrea: Sorry about yesterday being a bust on the workout. It will take a bit to get back into the schedule. I'm going to be right there with ya next week when my boys start back to school. I don't work daytime, but I will have to be getting up at 5:00 to get my son up for HS. Going to totally drain me, since I'm on this summer schedule of sleepign in until 7am!!

Heather: Hope you feel better today!!! Seems like you're in a funk? Is the weather cooling? Did you end up spinning?

Nora: Funny I did standing L&G yesterday and you did FLOORWORK from L&G we make a great team! L&G is a tough leg workout!!! Got some moderate DOMS today from it. How about you?

*waves* to Debbie, Jo, Jessica, Melissa!!!! (hope I didn't leave anyone out!)

The train ride was fun - until the end....

So this scenic route goes from a point a little south of Cleveland to Akron. It's 26 miles. Takes 2 1/2 hrs on the train. There are serveral stops to pick up and drop off passangers and two points to stop and shop. One was about midway through the ride at a place called Pennisula. Another was in Akron. Akron doesn't thrill us. If you like to be mugged and robbed, that's the place to go.

So we decided to ride the entire 2 1/2 hours to Akron and then on the way back we'd get off at Pennisula and do some shopping and get something to eat. The ride was fun and there was a concession stand on the train. Had lunch and just enjoyed the ride.

So we get off in Penninsula and we shop a bit. Not much shopping for all the hoopla they made out of the place so once we got done walking around we decided to walk up to the next train stop, which was 2.5 miles away. Since I didn't get my cardio in I thought it would be great to hike for a little while. It was beautiful outside so the walk was awesome. Seen some really pretty stuff.

Got to our destination with an hour to spare. So we checked out the one shop there that was still opened and then went to the train station and waited for the train.

Finally it's coming down the track, we're both excited to see it coming towards us. We head to the tracks and the thing goes by and I'm like, "It's not going to stop." And dh said, "Yes it will, they have to." So it sounds like the brakes come on and it does slow down, but it never stopped! :eek: We're like, WTF??

So the train goes by, we are 10 miles away from our car in the middle of no where. So I go back to the store we were at and told the lady what happened. She freaks out and says, "OMG, I was suppose to tell you to wave both hands in the air, that signals the train conductor that he needs to stop."

Huh???

Why would we have to be flailing our arms if we are at the train station, and it's a stop they are scheduled to make?

So we're screwed. No ride back and the train would not be going by again until today.

So we call dh's brother and his stupid wife answers. This is the sister-in-law I use to walk with all the time but then she'd always find a reason not to walk. DH explains to her what happened and she tells him that his brother is under the house fixing some wood and she doesn't want to bother him and she's too drunk to come and get us.

WTH? Middle of the week and she's drunk?

Now mind you, when her husband is out of town we are ALWAYS there for her. She calls us with problems and we are there for her in a drop of a hat. So he hangs up with her and calls his mom and she says she'll come and get us. In the meantime, while he was talking to his mom, his brother called him back.

He found out what happened and was furious at his wife for not telling him. He got cleaned up and came and got us.

So it was fun when we got there but just can't believe they drove right past us. DH is going to try and call today to get a refund.

Today we are heading to the metro parks and plan on doing some more hiking. Our parks are just beautiful. We were going to go to Columbus to see the Titanic exhibit but neither of us have in us to ride another 6 hours today. We both have headaches from all the junk we've been eating too. Oh well... We are having a great time together, so who cares about headaches!?

Hope you are all having a great day!

The train ride was fun - until the end....

So this scenic route goes from a point a little south of Cleveland to Akron. It's 26 miles. Takes 2 1/2 hrs on the train. There are serveral stops to pick up and drop off passangers and two points to stop and shop. One was about midway through the ride at a place called Pennisula. Another was in Akron. Akron doesn't thrill us. If you like to be mugged and robbed, that's the place to go.

So we decided to ride the entire 2 1/2 hours to Akron and then on the way back we'd get off at Pennisula and do some shopping and get something to eat. The ride was fun and there was a concession stand on the train. Had lunch and just enjoyed the ride.

So we get off in Penninsula and we shop a bit. Not much shopping for all the hoopla they made out of the place so once we got done walking around we decided to walk up to the next train stop, which was 2.5 miles away. Since I didn't get my cardio in I thought it would be great to hike for a little while. It was beautiful outside so the walk was awesome. Seen some really pretty stuff.

Got to our destination with an hour to spare. So we checked out the one shop there that was still opened and then went to the train station and waited for the train.

Finally it's coming down the track, we're both excited to see it coming towards us. We head to the tracks and the thing goes by and I'm like, "It's not going to stop." And dh said, "Yes it will, they have to." So it sounds like the brakes come on and it does slow down, but it never stopped! :eek: We're like, WTF??

So the train goes by, we are 10 miles away from our car in the middle of no where. So I go back to the store we were at and told the lady what happened. She freaks out and says, "OMG, I was suppose to tell you to wave both hands in the air, that signals the train conductor that he needs to stop."

Huh???

Why would we have to be flailing our arms if we are at the train station, and it's a stop they are scheduled to make?

So we're screwed. No ride back and the train would not be going by again until today.

So we call dh's brother and his stupid wife answers. This is the sister-in-law I use to walk with all the time but then she'd always find a reason not to walk. DH explains to her what happened and she tells him that his brother is under the house fixing some wood and she doesn't want to bother him and she's too drunk to come and get us.

WTH? Middle of the week and she's drunk?

Now mind you, when her husband is out of town we are ALWAYS there for her. She calls us with problems and we are there for her in a drop of a hat. So he hangs up with her and calls his mom and she says she'll come and get us. In the meantime, while he was talking to his mom, his brother called him back.

He found out what happened and was furious at his wife for not telling him. He got cleaned up and came and got us.

So it was fun when we got there but just can't believe they drove right past us. DH is going to try and call today to get a refund.

Today we are heading to the metro parks and plan on doing some more hiking. Our parks are just beautiful. We were going to go to Columbus to see the Titanic exhibit but neither of us have in us to ride another 6 hours today. We both have headaches from all the junk we've been eating too. Oh well... We are having a great time together, so who cares about headaches!?

Hope you are all having a great day!

Debbie-it sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation even though yesterday had some hiccups in it.

Sorry I've been sort of MIA. Last night DH and I did hit spin and it was a pretty good workout. I don't know what the deal is though, I know they say that you should burn this insane amt of calories - but I just don't . I warmed up on the dreadmill for 10 mins, did some abs, and assisted pull ups (just 'cause) and burned about 150 cals. I left my HR monitor going (didn't restart) in the end grand total was 564 so spin was only a little over 400 cals for me. Sounds like I wasn't pushing hard, but I was, my HR was up there for the majority of the time, I mean it did drop when we "rested" but I got it up to about 172 a few times. Anyway....

Today DH and I ran at lunch. I was hoping it'd be cooler than it was. Of course 85 with almost no humidity may as well have been 60 degrees (until about a mile in of course, then hot is hot). I ended up with horrible side stitch under my right rib area (the worst place I think). So we only got in about 24 mins. I think I will do chest and back after work.

Debbie - now that's a story huh?! LOL. At least it wasn't bad all the way around.

Chris - yes, I have been in a bit of a funk. We did hit the spin last night and that was a nice change.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know you all are getting the workouts done!!!

Holy COW, Debbie! What a wild trip you had! So funny (funny/odd) you'd have to wave both hands in the air if you wanted the train to stop. :confused:

Heather: That is weird about the calories. Doesn't make sense, really. And spinning is tough! Maybe your HR monitor messed up? ... Personally, I think you need turbo fire to get you out of a funk and into THE funk! ;)

Good Evening,

I chose to do Imax 3 Step Only and I was having a really tough time with it since I haven't done it for awhile and I really didn't feel like working out in the first place so it wasn't a good workout.

Stats:
23 min
22 in the zone
142 min hr
156 max hr
155 cals burned.

I also didn't do abs.

Hi girls!;)

I finished up my workout about 3pm. I'll check in now then come back later for personals.

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: Circuit Blast= 44 min
Calories burned= 421
Met Value= 7.0

Turbo Fire- HiiT 15 CLASS= 15 Min
Calories burned= 205
Met Value= 10.0

Core Cuts- Cut #1 Standing Medball Abs= 12 Min
Calories burned= 74
Met Value= 4.50

Total calories burned from this workout= 700!;)

Okay girls that it for me right now, I'll be back later for personals. ;):D

Hugs!:);)

Nora

Good evening,

Chris - sorry about the dog. WOW, on doing TF for almost 10 weeks now and you still loving it. That's great! What resutls have you seen so far?

Roxie - awesome job, with CLT intervals today.

Heather - hope you feeling better. Nice job, on the spin class yesterday and run today. Hope you had fun with your UB wo today. When I took a spinn class a few weeks ago, I didn't burn that much either, weird? I was sweating buckets and gave it my all.

Debbie - what a crazy day you had, glad you still having fun. Enjoy your vacation.

Nora - awesome job on your workout tonight. You are doing STS and did STS CCB? Nice cal burn today.

Hallo Ja, Jessia and Melissa.

Good night, everyone!

Hi girls;)

I'm back for personals, later than I planned but I'm here.

Belinda- OMG! 70 Min total of running today!:eek: You rock girlfriend. I know what you mean about the calorie burn being higher running versus a cardio dvd workout. Its that way for me too. If I do a cardio coach session on the treadmill its always higher than the calorie burn I get doing step or anything else for that same time frame. I think that's probably just the nature of running. Great run BTW!:D:cool:

Chris- Oh darn about the GSD. There are breed specific shelters as well. I think Heather got her two German Shepherd pups from a shelter that was just German Shepherd. I got mine pup by searching online newspapers classifieds for German Shepherd pups. You might try that as well if your wanting a German Shepherd pup. The only thing if you do that you might be aware that German Shepherd pups that come with papers maybe be a much higher price than the pups from a liter that aren't offered with papers, just as an FYI. If the Mom German shepherd and Dad are there do look at them to see what their general health and characteristics and temperment are like. Take note to ask about any health problems with mom or dad such as skin issues or hip problems. Larger breed dogs like german shepherds or even dogs of the giant breed like great danes can be prone to hip issues, but that doesn't mean there are issues its just something to be aware of.

Yes, regarding Tubo Fire 30 seems harder than others. It does seem to be non-stop. Its fun but I always feel like I don't have the moves down with that one, I guess its just the pace of it. Now I love love love Turbo Fire Fire 55EZ. They all are fun thus far and no dread or boredon with them at all. Ooh, so you did take the plunge and get the Advanced dvds for TF as well, Bravo!!!! I haven't gotten to do the Abs 10 Yet in the class schedule but I'm usually right behind you so I'm sure I'll be doing them in my near future. I'm glad to hear that the Abs 10 was good and tough. I like ab work, I know I'm crazy!:eek: Yes, Legs and Glutes is awesome as is Butts and Guts and Leaner Legs. I tend to gravitate toward Legs and Glutes or Butts and Gutts. I'll do the just the floor work to add on if I think I need to work on inner and outer thigh some more in addition to the other workouts I'm doing for that day. Bravo, on doing Legs and Glutes. See, great minds do think alike.:D
I did have some slight DOMS but not that bad. It was nothing like the upper body Doms I get when doing STS. I'm not nearly as strong in the upper body. In highschool back in the day I could lift 200 lbs or so with my legs alone. It made the football jocks feel challenged. LOL!!

Debbie- Nice train ride, that part sounds like fun. WTF was with the train conductor not stopping for a scheduled stop? :eek::mad: I'd be furious too! Tell your DH I said he should get a refund. It seems you had a nice walk/hike before that happened, which is nice to get out and appreciate nature and the surroundings. Wow, your SIL sounds out there. I can relate I have a MIL that is rude like bulldozer and expects you to just lie down and let her treat you like crap. Her family my DH included are used to it and think I'm a trouble maker not liking her rudeness and interference in my marriage and life, so I don't go around her at all. I'm happier and I know that if I went around her and she pulled any more crap I'd unleash my wrath from years of whoop ass I've been storing up. So, I choose to avoid her like the plague.

Heather- Not sure what's going on with your HR monitor with regards to spin class. It sounds like your definitely working out hardcore and giving it your all and working up a sweat doing it. Maybe the monitor is off or something. You are burning tons of calories girl, I've heard spin class will make you burn up to 1000 calories an hour or something like that. I have to remind myself not to get bummed if the calorie burn is not up where I think it should be. That's part of why I add on to my workouts I'm on the quest for a good calorie burn. I think I'm addicted to working out and big calorie burns, LOL!! We should start a group, eh?:p 172 on the HR Monitor for me would be dangerously high. I strive to hit my 75-85% of my max heart rate at least thats the goal. Cardio Coach sessions on the TM or Insanity can get me up to the 90% range. But that is seriously gasping I need paramedics and oxygen time and a stretcher because I might passout or my MS might make me go loosey goosey in the legs and have them give out on me. So, I tend to not let myself go higher that 80-85% of my MHR. MS makes it hard when working out because if I get too warm and overheated and fatigued I can loose some motor control or balance all together. I have to have a fan blowing on me when I workout in the summer and ice water on hand to drink. Not to worry about your workouts, you rock them everytime. ;):cool:

Roxie- Ah, so you decided to tackle Imax 3, that's a toughie even with premixes. I find that is harder on my knees for some reason so I tend to not do that one as much. I will opt for Imax 2 or Body Max 2 or something else. Ok, why haven't you started Turbo Fire? Or have you? OMG, you have to start it there is a huge fun factor and it will definitely lifting you out of any workout funk. I say ^^^5's for doing Imax 3. Hang in there with working out and mix it up do something different. Come on, Chris and I want you to join in on the Turbo Fire fun! Just follow the class schedule, no worries I'm finishing up week 9 right now and I still love it. Keep up the fight to be fit, your doing awesome!;)

Ok, that's it for me tonight girls and I'll see ya all at tomorrow's check in. Sleep well!;):)

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.