"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for April 3"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Thanks girls for all your get well wishes!

Like I said yesterday, I went to the doctor again. I woke up at 2 a.m , couldn’t breath through my nose again. You wouldn’t believe that stuff that came out of my nose! I am telling you, I had green gummy bear coming out, lol! That morning I told DH, I don’t think these are allergies??? I have an infection. I still couldn’t breath through my left nose, I called the doctor, he took x- rays, my entire left face side is infected, and it’s blocking my nasal passages. I am breathing through my mouth that makes my mouth very try. I’m on antibiotics and other different medications to open up my nasal passages. Now I know why I am feeling like crap for the last 3 weeks. I just hope the antibiotics are kicking in very soon, miss doing cardio. I hate feeling like this.

Yesterday I took a rest day, couldn’t get enough air! This afternoon I will do disc 12, waiting for my nose to open up a little more.

I will be back after my workout!

Take care,

Good morning. I just got done doing Disc 18 and WOW what a workout! I have a feeling I'm going to have some DOMS in my biceps tomorrow which I rarely have. Love those back off sets!

Belinda-it sounds like you are really miserable. It was probably smart to take a rest day yesterday. Take care of yourself.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Morning! I did STS Disc #6 (Legs) for the second time and had a great workout. I burned 535 calories. I also added on the extended stretch which I like to do about once a week. I love STS but I miss working legs a little more-maybe I won't feel that way in Meso 2. :)

Bev: I am looking forward to that fun stuff in Meso 2. I like Meso 1, but I'm excited to see what else is out there.

Belinda: Oh you poor thing! Glad you are now on meds- hopefully you'll be feeling 100% by Monday and can get back to your affair with CC. :)

Chris: I know that Cathe planned stuff like Low Max after killer leg work- she's just mean like that. ;) Yeah, I like my cardio. I think limiting it to the days when it is called for allows me to work it harder if that makes sense. It's a good thing. Hey, I thought of you this week while I was doing Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2- lots of jumping and very similar to IMAX 2 but not as linear. She takes the routine from the top instead of routine, blast, new routine blast. Anyway, production is good- better than SSS. I just thought I would mention it to enable you down the road. :p

WTG on your workout Nora- didn't want you to feel left out since you check in late.

Where is Wendy?

Have a great day everyone!

Belinda - ewwwww....a gummy bear coming out of your nose? Gross! :) I hope the antibiotics work for you soon.

I didn't get a chance to do my abs last night cuz DH and I were working in the basement. So this morning I did disc 18 of STS followed up with no-equipment abs. I then did a little 4 minute tabata cardio thing. I'm wiped!

Bev - I was thinking the same thing about my biceps! After I finished I looked down at them and there were HUGE! My DH says I'm starting to be a meat head. :)

Today was Legs and I had another great Tabata workout. Loving this stuff!!! And I'm wearing a pair of Angel jeans that use to be SKIN TIGHT on me and now they are roomy! I'm excited about that. It's taken me forever to get my body to respond.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Squats:
15's - 8 sets/11-10 reps
***I did these with dumbbells again and when I was at the rest time I stayed in the down position. These kill me and get my HR up big time.

Leg Press Station:
150# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***These burn in my glutes really good.

Plie Squats:
25# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***At rest I stayed in the down position but without the weight in my hand.

Leg Extensions
50# - 8 sets/11-10 reps (up 5#)
***These felt good and by the last set my quads were burning.

Hamstring Curls:
30# - 8 sets/10-9 reps (up 5#)
***Good weight for this. Got a great burn.

Dumbbell Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***Used my VersaGripps with this execise. I LOVE those things!!!! They work unbelievably well.

HR STATS:
55 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
43 minutes in zone
7 minute above zone
413 calories burned
:eek:

That is all...

Belinda - I sure hope that infection goes away. How horrible to have to deal with that. Take care!

Here I am, Patti!
We just got back from Arizona yesterday - man it was nice down there. My in-laws live down there. My SIL was also there with her kids. We were at the pool every day.

I also kept up on my workouts...One day my husband and I jogged outside ( I NEVER do that!) My shins were sore for 4 days. One day legs - they have a clubhouse with gym equipment, so I took advantage of that. Next day, tabata style chest, shoulders and triceps. About 1/2 way through I thought, "I don't think I'm supposed to do shoulders with chest and tri's, but it's too late now". We got home yesterday. I needed to work back & biceps, so I did P90x back & bi's.

So, as you can see, I'm all over the place with my workouts. I was planning on doing S&H for April. But I'm really digging tabata. I never did get my hands on that Bruce Lee M&F, so I'm a little apprehensive about winging it.

Anyhoo.....Belinda....yuck! What a drag being so sick. I hope you bounce back quickly and those meds kick in.

Everyone seems to be enjoying STS - that's great. Way to go on those workouts - I am SURE they are tough. And nice that it is structured for you (something I appear to be presently lacking!!)

Nice to be back...good times....

:DGood evening ladies!:)

I just finished up my workout for today, and can I just say that STS Disc 18 kicked my butt. :p

Belinda- Oh no! I hope those antibiotics kick in ASAP and you start to feel better and just breathe and be comfortable again. Hugs!

Today's workout:

Today's workout:

CCV3= 47 min
Calories burned= 578
Distance= 3.50 miles
Warm-up & 1st Steady State= 8 min approx. BPM 117-126= 65%-70% of MHR
Challenge 1 - 6 min. BPM= 135-144= 75% beginning finishing at 80% of MHR.
Challenge 2 - 10 min. BPM= 144-152= 80% to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 -3 min. BPM= 130 = a little above 70% of MHR.
Challenge 2- 10 min. BPM= 144-153 = 80% up to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 - 3min. BPM= 129 = 70% of MHR
Challenge 3- 3 min. BPM=156-159= 85% + approaching not reaching 90%.
Ending Steady -4:30 I chose to jog at a medium intensity to challenge myself. BPM= 150 = 80% + of MHR
Steady State 3 - 7 min. I continued my jog to up my mileage and calorie burn for 3 more min @150 BPM. Remaining 2 min I walked at a brisk pace as my heart rate decreased to a cool down pace.
Stretch- 5:30 min

STS-Disc 18-Back & Bi's= 60 min
Calories burned= 492

I have a prediction to make... Yep, I predict major DOMS on tomorrows not too distant horizon, yep. I have a feeling those of us that did STS Disc 18 today will be caught by that down pour of DOMS. I also predict hot showers and Motrin lightening up the day bringing out the smiles. LOL!! I found that for me the ones that got me good were as follows: One Legged Deadlifts w/dumbell. My balance was shakey and not be cause of the weight I was using, needless to say those were tough. Then later it was Seated Concentration curls. My left arm could only do all but the last 3 reps for each set. It just decided that's it, all she wrote and waved the white flag. Now the right arm which ironically I'm right handed and thats the hand and arm that has MS nerve damage was much stronger. I could do all the reps with no difficulty, that's not to say it wasn't challenging because it was.
I find myself wanting to go heavier in the weights all this week. I wonder if that's normal. Oh well.

Butts & Guts= Ab work only-Stability Ball ABs= 15 min
Calories burned= 92

Ok, its late but I'm off to go shower. I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing evening. Belinda I hope you feel better!

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.