Crazy Strong and Loving It! for April 16, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Thanks grls, for all your kind words yesterday:D

Today I will do a nice long walk and SM! If the pressure in my head isn't that bad today, I will try to do a ab workout ( couldn't do it yesterday:()!

Bev, what is the meds for? I am taking Esomepraole (for stomach pain)1 daily, Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) 3x a day, Aoox/Clav (Agmentin EQ) amoxicillin ,twice a day, Afrin 3x daily, Saltine nasel spray I use it a lot:rolleyes: and I am using a nasel wash:eek: I think I cover everything! I still can't breath clear:confused: I just pick up a reveral to the ENT Uni. clinic in Regensburg. If my nose doesn't clear up by this weekend, i will check myself in the ENT clinic. I am so frustrated, this is taking way to long!

I will be back later!

Enjoy your workout and day!

Good morning ladies. I did Low Max Premix 1 and Plates and Weights abs and just got done. I could just hear Cathe's evil little laugh when I was doing those lunges and squats off the step with sore legs from yesterday!!!! She knew what she was doing when she put that on the rotation.

Belinda-holy crap. No wonder your stomach hurts. That's a heck of a lot of medicine. I think Amoxicillin can be hard on your stomach too. I can't believe that you are taking all of that and still not getting better. You must have one heck of an infection. Take care of yourself and enjoy your walk.

I'll be back later. Going to Panera today but NO BAGEL!!

Bev

Today I worked Shoulders and Abs and had a great workout considering I didn't even want to workout. I hate working shoulders.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Upright Row:
15's - 8 sets/9 reps (up 3#)
***Love this exercise. These felt good.

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
10's - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***I HATE this exercise. Hate it! I had to stop early with 2 sets.

Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/11-9 reps (up 2#)
***Was a bit worried upping these but my right shoulder seems to be ok.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
20's - 8 sets/16-14 reps (up 5#)
***These felt good, got a great burn.

ABS
Tabata style
Hip Thrusts: 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Burn good with the last few sets.

Oblique Twist w/8# Med Ball: 8 sets/12 reps each side
***Towards the end these were really burning.

Crunch w/legs on SB w/8# weight on chest: 8 sets/12 reps
***Didn't feel these at all. My neck was the only thing getting a burn here.

HR STATS:
57 minutes
6 minutes below zone
43 minutes in zone
7 minutes above zone
425 calories burned

Happy with this, didn't think I burned that much today. My HR shoots up with there with shoulder work, though.

That is all....

Today was Lowmax Premix #1 and Weight and Plates Abs. For some silly reason I had it in my head that I had to do KPC - but then I double checked this morning and that is on the schedule for Saturday not today. (phew, cuz I was hoping my hamstrings wouldn't be sore today if I had to do all of those kicks!) My calves are still super sore today. I feel like they are on the verge of popping. It was hard to get into Lowmax right away. As I warmed up though I felt alright. My chest is still sore from Monday - it must have been those pushups!

Bev - I agree - Cathe is always trying to torture us!

So who ran out and pre-ordered the power tower that was just released? I ALMOST did, but I'm going to wait until I see how the basement shapes up before I buy anymore equipment.

For those of you interested - I found this cool website the other day. www.madefittv.com Jenny's current weekly podcast is of interviewing one of the winners from TBL. Its really interesting. I thought I would share.

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going to make up Burn Circuit 2 instead of doing the cardio, went out and cleaned last nite and since I didn't sleep well the nite before went to bed early.

Belinda-I hope you get better before this weekend but if you don't hopefully that clinic can help.

Debbie-great job with the workout I am posting all my stats hoping you will tell me I need to push myself and lift heavier on some of the exercises. I guess I am just not confident enough to go heavier.

Everyone have good day.

Morning! I did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest- the kickboxing portion and B&G abs. I burned 713 calories. I need to be careful- I have some soreness near my left calf, but it feels less like a muscle strain and more like a tendon. I think I will not do cardio on Saturday and truly make the entire weekend a rest. Blast. I hate that. But I'm still doing legs tomorrow since doing that kind of stuff doesn't seem to affect it.

Bev: DH said he didn't nail or glue or do anything to the mats, just cut them so they fit within the parameters of the room. That is why they don't shift. I really think they help- I workout on concrete with those over top and it doesn't hurt my knees.

Karen: I kind of want the tower, especially with my 20% off. :eek: It would be nice to have it as an extra rack since DH and I are doing STS together and meso 2 is coming up for us.

Hi Roxie and Belinda!

Gotta run back to DD's school early- spring program day. :) I hope she sings and doesn't just stand there and frown at me. LOL.

Patti-thanks for checking on the mats for me. I found a website called mygymfloor.com and I'm going to investigate the mats that they have. I want to do the smart thing since I've already invested the money in a hardwood floor. So yours just stays down all the time? Is it easy to pivot on them? That was my biggest concern.

Karen-my goal for this year is to do at least one pull up so I'm anxious to get the tower since I don't really have any doors in my workout room to hang any pullup bars. Makes me happy that I have that discount coupon.

Bev

Debbie, I posted this yesterday. I need your advice! Thanks in advance!

Debbie, Thanks! I have been on that off and on that nose spray! I started my 3rd round today. I hope this time around it will clear everything up! What do you think I should do, start STS all over on Monday ( I will start working out! LOL), I missed last week’s workout (it was my second time around with disc 10 -12) This week would have been my recovery week, I was hoping to start Meso 2 this week, that didn’t happened. What would you do?

Debbie, I posted this yesterday. I need your advice! Thanks in advance!

Debbie, Thanks! I have been on that off and on that nose spray! I started my 3rd round today. I hope this time around it will clear everything up! What do you think I should do, start STS all over on Monday ( I will start working out! LOL), I missed last week’s workout (it was my second time around with disc 10 -12) This week would have been my recovery week, I was hoping to start Meso 2 this week, that didn’t happened. What would you do?

Belinda, I thought I responded to this???

Anyways, I would start Meso 2 next week. Why do Meso 1 over again if you've already done it twice through? Or have you only done Meso 1 once through? Either way, I think I'd go to Meso 2 next week.

Patti-thanks for checking on the mats for me. I found a website called mygymfloor.com and I'm going to investigate the mats that they have. I want to do the smart thing since I've already invested the money in a hardwood floor. So yours just stays down all the time? Is it easy to pivot on them? That was my biggest concern.

Bev: You can pivot on them- probably not as easy as it would be to pivot on a hardwood floor, though. They are a bit more grippy than hardwood- however, it is easier to pivot on them than carpet.

Belinda, I thought I responded to this???

Anyways, I would start Meso 2 next week. Why do Meso 1 over again if you've already done it twice through? Or have you only done Meso 1 once through? Either way, I think I'd go to Meso 2 next week.

Thanks Debbie for your quick response ! I don't know how I missed your post:rolleyes: I did do Meso 1 twice. I will start Meso 2 next week, I hope!
Thanks again!

Hey Girls!

My workout today was cardio, I did LIC Premix Cardio Blasts. FUN! I'd forgotten about this workout, i haven't done it in so long. I then did Yoga Abs, I still had DOMS from Med Ball Abs from Tues. Which is strange (in a good way) because I never get DOMS from Cathe's ab work (or very few).

It was so nice out, I ended up running at the park for 30 minutes.

Tough stuff, since I'm having pretty good DOMS from PLYO LEGS (Meso #3, first time with Plyo). I really doubted I would, but it's progressed from just soreness in my buttocks, to "grimace/cry" when I sit down to pee! :eek: Yay! LOL!

Great workouts today, everyone!!!

Patti: Do be careful with the calf. I had a calf injury a few times which totally sidelined me, it sucked.

Belinda: Sounds like you're sounding a wee bit better? I agree, I think you should go with Meso #2.

Karen: Will have to check out that website! thanks!

Now that I think of it, Patti, someone gave me some good calf stretches to do, which helped heal my calf... if you're interested I can post or PM you with the instructions?

Let me know!

Good Evening Ladies!;)

I sort of did my own version of Cardio Coach Volume 8 that I'm able to do so far. Its still tough. I can do all of volumes 1-4 with confidence. I haven't done Volume 5 yet, it sounds so tough when I look at the break down of it from Coach Sean's web site, Yikes!!! I'm not up to doing Volume 5 just yet. Maybe by doing Volume 4 and sections of Volume 8 I'll be getting myself ready to tackle volume 5. Yikes, V5 looks intimidating. Words of encouragement or helpful advice are welcomed.:)

Ok, today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 8 (my mix of it anyways) = 36 min
Calories burned= 467
Warmup= 4:37 BPM= 88-126= up to 70% of MHR.
Challenge 2 = 18:46 BPM= 130-153= 73% up to 85% of MHR
Cool Down= 4:38 HR lowering from 153 (73%) down to 117 BPM (65%)

REST

Low Max- Premix 1- Intervals 1-4 = 45 min
Calories Burned= 369

STS-Ab Circuits- Weights and Plates= 19 min
Calories burned= 117

That's it for me. My right knee is really hurting today even with wearing a knee brace thingy to give it support. Oh well. I hope everyone else had a great workout today.

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.