Crazy Strong and Loving It! for April 13th

fitvix

Cathlete
I see that Belinda didn't start us off this morning so I'll do the honors - hopefully that doesn't mean she is still really sick... :(

Today was STS disc 22 - chest, triceps, and shoulders. This workout went really fast! I was really glad for that because I slept in a little later than I usually do and thought I might not have enough time to complete it. After I finished the weight work I did the 12 minute cardio premix from High Step Training.

I pigged out a little too much yesterday...the food was just too good! I'm glad to be home and back on a regular schedule again though.

Hello to everyone that follows!

Hey Karen! Glad you got the workout in this morning- nice to get it out of the way. I thought the same thing about Belinda- hope she is BETTER, not worse.

I am repeating week #3 of STS so I did disc #7, chest, biceps and shoulders. The endless push ups weren't too bad this time- maybe I was just having a stronger day than last week. I also did LIC abs. Yesterday I ended up doing Bodystrikes- not a bad leg workout- bodyweight only and it's endurance. I think I'll use it every now and again for something different. It's great for a second way to hit the legs during STS.

I did great on the Easter food yesterday! I'm so happy. Of course the kids now have tons of candy here in the house so my challenge is not over. I think I'll gradually throw it away when they aren't looking. Ha! I have been eating really well lately and it is paying off. So I want to keep it up.

Have a great week everyone!

Today was Chest and I had a great workout considering I'm on a sugar hangover. I'm so mad at myself for all the crap I ate this weekend. And I deserve the bloating and crappy feeling. Oy!

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off

2 minute rest between each set

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Last week I had a hard time keeping my HR up, today was no problem. These felt good, could have gone heavier.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps (up 5#)
***Good weight here. Great burn.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8 sets/9-7 reps (up 3#)
***These got hard around set 5. It was all I could do to get 7 reps with the last two sets.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Went down to 15's and this was a good weight here. Great burn and concentrated on the contraction.

Then I jumped on my treadmill and did something different. I did 3 sets of the Tabata style and it went well. I travelled 1.25 miles in just 16 minutes. Took 2 minute rest between each cycle. Got my HR up to 167 bpm at one point.

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
15 minute above zone
467 calories burned
2 miles total (with warmup)

Happy with these stats. :eek:

That is all...

Belinda - Hope you are ok!

Patti - great job on avoiding the holiday snacks! Although I didn't do as well as I wanted to - I did better than I would have in the past. Too funny about throwing the candy out when your kids aren't looking - LOL!

Debbie - I hear you on the bloating and crappy feeling...sigh.

Good Morning,

The bloating and crappy feeling are going around. I am commiting myself to a full week of workouts. Tonite is Burn Circuit 1 then going to go start cleaning the kids house so they can move home.

Belinda-hope you are feeling ok.

Debbie-great workout.

Patti-good job with the eats I don't have any little kids so no candy here.

Karen-good job with the workout.

Everyone have a good day.

Hi girls,

Thanks for asking about me, that means a lot to me!
I did see a doctor on base this morning. I had a horrible weekend. The nasal decongestant I was giving by the German ENT on Thursday gave me stomach ages. I couldn’t eat or take any meds on Saturday. On Sunday my nose was completely blocked again. Friday my nose opened up for a few hours, than it took a turn for the worst. I am on amoxicillin and a different decongestant meds. Tomorrow I will go and see the German ENT doctor. I took antibiotics for 10 days that didn’t work; I hope the new meds will kick in soon. I am so tired been sick! The doctor today scared me; he said I may need surgery if the infection isn’t going down. That scared me big times! My DH is in the states, I don’t want to get surgery. I am so terrified. I was hoping to start my STS workout in this week, but I have no energy. I think I have to put STS on hold. I can’t work out with an infection. I also have a giant headache on top, it’s from the sinusitis!

Sinusitis is an inflammation, or swelling, of the tissue lining the sinuses. Normally, sinuses are filled with air, but when sinuses become blocked and filled with fluid, germs (bacteria, viruses and fungi) can grow and cause an infection.

Take care,

Hi everyone. I can't believe that I forgot to check in today! I did Disc 22 this morning and it seemed to fly by this time. Usually chest, shoulders and triceps seems to be the longest workout of the week. One more week on this mesocycle and then a rest week-hard to believe.

Belinda-you poor thing. Be careful of those meds! I took Levaquin for an infection and it ate the lining of my stomach and I ended up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers.

Great workouts everyone. I ate no Easter candy because I wasn't around any. We worked on redoing my workout room all day yesterday so at least I got some exercise.

Have a good evening.

Bev

Good Evening Ladies!:D

Today's workout:

CCV3= 45 + 7 min extra.= 52 total
Calories burned= 578
Distance= 4.0 miles
Warm-up & 1st Steady State= 8 min approx. BPM 117-126= 65%-70% of MHR
Challenge 1 - 6 min. BPM= 135-144= 75% beginning finishing at 80% of MHR.
Challenge 2 - 10 min. BPM= 144-152= 80% to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 -3 min. BPM= 130 = a little above 70% of MHR.
Challenge 2- 10 min. BPM= 144-153 = 80% up to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 - 3min. BPM= 129 = 70% of MHR
Challenge 3- 3 min. BPM=156= 85%.
Ending Steady -4:30 I chose to jog at a medium intensity to challenge myself. BPM= 150 = 80% + of MHR
Steady State 3 - 7 min. I continued my jog to up my mileage and calorie burn for 4 more min @150 BPM. Remaining 2 min I walked at a brisk pace as my heart rate decreased to a cool down pace.
Stretch- 5:30 min

STS- Disc 22-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps= 43 min
Calories burned= 334
I liked this workout, it was fast, and I loved the Dropsets with 20% reduction from 80% Max. By the time you get to the lightest weight you feel like you could throw it through the ceiling. LOL!!! Lifting 80% of my One Rep Max sounds impossible by this point its not only possible but doable and ready to surpass that. I love STS! Thanks Cathe!!!

STS- Ab Circuits-Medicine Ball abs= 10 min
Calories Burned= 62

Hey everyone!

Belinda- OMG! I hope you feel better soon and get some relief. Maybe this other doctor appointment will yield some results and get you breathing right and feeling normal again soon. Hugs!

As always I will keep you all in my best warm thoughts. Hang in there with the workouts. I know I have some days the workouts seem to go better than others, but I think the thing is to keep on keepin' on and get it done. I know I always feel better after I workout than before.

Take care and Hugs! Extra Hugs for Belinda~~;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.