Crazy strong and loving it for April 1, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do cardio, not sure what I will do. Can't run outside , it's raining.

I will be back to report my workout and personals.

My best to all.

Good morning,

I decited to copy Nora's workout from yesterday. I did STS Cardio: MMA Boxing- Heavy Bag Bonus Only= 20 Min plus HiiT 40/20= 30 Min and Ab Hits "PS Legs & Abs from S&H Chest/Back 14.5 min. I didn't burn nearly as much cal as Nora did:confused: I used the floor most of the time:confused: I am to afraid to jump that high! I burned only 399 cal, I should have wrote 400 cal:p:eek: Not sure how much I burned with the abs? My HR only goes up 60 min.

Nora, BTW awesome job yesterday. You must be jumping real HIGH on that step? It was a lot of fun.

I will be back later and catch up on personals! Busy day ahaid!

Ok, so now starts the pity party.

Not sure I mentioned anything on here about this, but last Friday I slept wrong and my neck/shoulder area was all twisted and it was hard for me to turn my head. Since I wasn't working out due to being sick it didn't really matter. So I've been using my massage pillow and heating the area up to warm up the muscles since Friday. It got a little better and hasn't hurt my workouts this week. Until today.

I got up and it hurt real bad. I must have slept wrong again, I can't help but think I might need a new pillow? Can't move my head to the left again and actually I think it's worse then it was Saturday. I tried to do Meso 2, Disc 19 which is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and got through only 5 sets of bench press and could not go on. It hurt just to unload the bar.

So here I am again, not being able to workout. I am so frustrated.

I took two weeks off to let this body heal. It did. When I came back with this new rotation I felt good as new. Then I get sick one week after I start the rotation, had to take most of last week off and now here I am again in pain and having to take more days off. :mad:

I am heading to a drug store before I go to work to get some Aleve, that seems to be the only stuff that alleviates pain like this for me. I am riding my motorcycle, though. It's too nice today not too. I rode my bike back from my mom's house last night and it didn't hurt my neck so hopefully I'll be ok riding it to work.

Sorry about the vent. I'm just really sick of this crap. I'm trying to get my body in shape for summer and things just keep getting in my way.

I did get on my treadmill when I quit my weight work just to do something today. I burned all of 177 calories. Big woop but I guess it's better then nothing. I just did a slow walk on a 4% incline.

QUESTION: I want to do heat/ice tonight. How long do you alternate the two and how long do you leave each one on the area?

Today is my Friday so I'm a happy girl. My legs are so freaking sore from hill repeats yesterday, so I'm happily announcing that today is my rest day.

Debbie - so sorry to hear about your neck. That sucks. I have not been sleeping well at all and was thinking (around 2am) that I may need a new pillow. It's worth a shot. I don't know the answer to the heat/ice alternation, but you can probably google it. Maybe you should splurge on a deep-tissue massage? Feel free to rant and vent away! I expect you'll be reading my rants and vents from time to time too. :)

Belinda - good job with the workout even if it wasn't what you were hoping for calorie wise.

Jessica - big congrats to you!

How's everyone else doing?

Good Morning,

I didn't go for a walk last night to tired but I am planning on one tonite and I am trying to convince DH to go to the gym with me. I did Hip Hop Last minute abs this morning.

Stats:
5 min
4 in the zone
151 min hr
166 max hr
32 cals burned.

Debbie-20/20 on heat and ice start with heat.

Hey girls...

I am super duper busy today. Oh my. Just getting ready for Easter and all. We decided to change our Easter menu from a traditional ham dinner, to a COOKOUT/BBQ! it's going to be way too nice out to sit inside and have the oven cooking all day, so we're doing paper plates and hamburgs and hotdogs!!

It's going to be nice here today, finally, after the heavy duty rains the past 3 days. We had no problems with flooding, thank GOD! Did you guys see parts of Rhode Island? They got it bad!... ANyways, not sure if I'll have time for a run, but if the urge gets too bad, I might have to make time!

belinda: Nice cardio today!

Debbie: I'm sorry you're having problems. It sucks!!! And is so frustrating. I understand. I was devastated when I broke my toe. All I could do was find whatever cardio/weight work that i COULD comfortably do (and it was riding my bike too) and go with it. It's weird, this week I'm taking a rest week, and my appetite hasn't been as big, and the scale is actually dropping moreso than usual. I'd say concentrate on your eating and doing what bike riding you can do. And then when you go BACK to working out, you won't have to work out as HARD to get good results. ... ... I've never heard of ice alternating with heat. It's usually ice the first 24-48 hours and then heat after that. Not alternating. How about a warm/hot bath soak too? And Ben Gay has always felt great when I have a neck soreness like that.

okay, I better get outta here!!!

Debbie - that is SO frustrating about your neck!! I bet a better pillow will definitely help - I have one that's specifically to prevent neck pain, its more firm and has a scooped out section in the middle (hard to describe) so there's a piece that literally keeps your head and neck in alignment all night. Takes some getting used to but worth it, at least did the trick for me. ;) Though I like Heather's idea - massage would definitely help too!!

Heather - thanks for the congrats, I'm SO GLAD it's done. I just hope it was enough to pass.

I am totally kicked out too. After last night where I swear I burned a thousand calories (was ridiculously hot in the room too) and then to go back to the gym to do it again this morning to support my sister who taught her first Kick class solo, I am SO over Kick! LOL. Tomorrow I think I'll either go to spinning or do an STS workout just to switch it up finally. I need it.

Hope ya'll have an awesome day! I'm on cloud nine after just seeing that the Cathe RT date was announced for NJ! I am psyched!! Anyone else hoping to go this year??

Hallo ladies,

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your neck, that is sucks! ((HUGS)) Icing/heating it is a great idea. Not sure about the heat/ice alternation either. Sorry ! Get some rest, girl!Yeah! I did it ! Took me a long time to finish STS:confused: Gzzz...did I had a lot of road blocks. M1 and M2 didn't looked I was gonna finish STS, but I made it through. One more disc tomorrow and I graduated my first round of STS! I am more than excited. At least now I know what everyone on this forum are talking about. I do have to say, I loved every minute of it. Next rotation I will be the 6 month one! I wanted to do that in the first place, was afraid I am not gonna make it all the way through,

Jessica, you very welcome! Congrats, girl! Get some rest;)

Nora, that is fantastic that your DS is into running. WTG! How is the puppy doing? I am so jealous of your cal from yesterday. LOL! I am just kidding!

Heather, those drills yesterday sound very interesting I need to try it one day. Go rub it in, with your nice weather, lol! It's so cold in Germany, I will like winter is coming back. WTH! Two day's ago, I ran around just in a t-shirt, of course I had jeans on too. LOL! Sorry you don't sleep well the last few day, maybe a new pillow will help. If not buy a new bed, LOL!

Chris, a COOKOUT/BBQ sounds like fun! Why stress! Make it as easy as possible.

Roxie, have fun with your walk tonight!

Wendy, hope you having a wonderful day!

I will be back in the morning! Good night!

Belinda

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace][/FONT]​

Nora - Nice workout yesterday. You are da bomb, girl!!! You are a workout animal! :eek:

Belinda - Nice workout today! Nora comes up with some really good combos.

Heather- I got a pillow massager for Christmas and it works really well. I've been using it all week on this damn pain. It feels good after I get done but then the next morning it's almost worse. Very frustrating! Enjoy your rest day!

Roxie - Thanks on the heat/ice thing. Hoping it will help. Have you worked out at your gym yet?

Chris - Hope you can get a run in!!! You go girl!

Jessica - How did your taping go? That was last night, right?

Thanks everyone for the kind words about this pain I have. Makes me mad that I have to keep going through this. And also thanks for the compliments about the weights I've been lifting. And even though yesterdays leg workout was grueling, I'm not a bit sore. Very weird!

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Nora - Nice workout yesterday. You are da bomb, girl!!! You are a workout animal! :eek:

Belinda - Nice workout today! Nora comes up with some really good combos.

Heather- I got a pillow massager for Christmas and it works really well. I've been using it all week on this damn pain. It feels good after I get done but then the next morning it's almost worse. Very frustrating! Enjoy your rest day!

Roxie - Thanks on the heat/ice thing. Hoping it will help. Have you worked out at your gym yet?

Chris - Hope you can get a run in!!! You go girl!

Jessica - How did your taping go? That was last night, right?

Thanks everyone for the kind words about this pain I have. Makes me mad that I have to keep going through this. And also thanks for the compliments about the weights I've been lifting. And even though yesterdays leg workout was grueling, I'm not a bit sore. Very weird!

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Debbie-today is our first official day as members so I haven't even had a chance to go look around. Hope the ice/heat thing helps suck when your neck hurts makes you head hurt to.

Hi girls;)

I'll check in quickly now and then be back later with personals.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol.2 My Short Mix= 23 Min
Calories burned= 306
Warm up 4:13= 130 73%
Challenge 2 8:24= 146 82%,152 85%
S/S Rest 3:18= 148 83%
Cool Down= 4:59
Coaches Notes

Intensity Series Boot Camp= 58 Min
Calories burned= 525
Soo much fun! Love this one!

Total calories burned= 831

I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day girls!;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Good Evening,

Tonite I couldn't go for a walk because of work so I did 4DS LIS instead.

Stats:
36 min
33 in the zone
148 min hr
179 max hr
262 cals burned.

Hi girls, I'm back!;)

Belinda- Great workout! What did you think of doing Heavy Bag only from MMA Boxing and HiiT 40/20? I liked it, it was very different type cardio it mixed it up well for me. Nice job on your workouts!:);) I don't have heart rate monitor that does the calorie count burn, so I go by the treadmill calorie burn counter if I'm using that or the workout manager and what it says for the workout I'm doing. I have a lot of work to do to reach my fitness goals so I tend to workout alot. Plus, having MS has really made me step up the intensity and focus on workingout and getting fit. Its been a big boost for keeping me motivated. I'm a pretty driven person and have always pushed myself to be better in whatever I'm focused on. Its funny seeing all the workouts I do now because back as a teenager I was mostly a couch potato. LOL!! Times and gravity have changed things. :p:D

Debbie- Oh no! I'm so sorry your having neck and shoulder pain. I've been there plenty, ugh and its no fun. I hope the corn pillows are offering some degree of comfort. I know I'm addicted to mine with my neck problems, I can't sleep at night without it. If your still feeling neck issues maybe its time to go see the doctor perhaps a prescription for muscle relaxers so you could at least sleep at night, but only take them at bedtime. Or maybe a massage or a nice steam room session/hot tub session at a local health club or YMCA would be beneficial as well. I think that working out when your in pain and can't turn your head I'd opt to get your neck and shoulder back to normal first. Please take it easy whatever you decide to do.;):)

Heather- Wow, yesterday your workout sounded brutal so definitely enjoy today as your rest day. Maybe enjoy a nice hot relaxing bath. ;)

Roxie- Well, you did have a lot of stuff on your plate yesterday. I hope today is a lower key day for you. Hopefully, you'll get your walk in tonight or get to go to the gym with hubby tonight. Either way have a fun workout.;)

Chris- It sounds like the change in your Easter meal will be a nice change of pace and very relaxed and chance for family and friends to really enjoy each others company and the weather sounds like it will be awesome for you too. I love the idea of making it a cookout style with the great weather I think everyone will have a great time and the best part is the clean up should be easier for you too. Have a great Easter weekend!;):):)

Jessica- Awesome job for you last night for your certification video. I hope you passed with flying colors and since your a cathlete I'm sure its a slam dunk. Enjoy today and know that the stress of last night is behind you now. Have a fun workout and enjoy mixing it up with your workout today. ;):)

Ok girls that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a great evening. Heather and Debbie I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

p.s. we are down to one puppy. We had to return the shelter puppy as it was 6mths old and wanted to hurt my new little purebred German Shepherd puppy. We named the GS puppy Ares, its greek for god of war. He's teething like crazy. He just turned 7 weeks old tuesday and is working on getting potty trained. We took him for a walk today introducing the leash to him, he did well for a little guy. Ares has really taken to me and hates to be out of my sight, which is so like my Vader he was a mamas baby. Ares I can tell has some dominant alpha male traits emerging much like my Vader did. He's so cute and makes the cutests little noises. Ok, that's enough gushing about my new puppy.

Seeya at tomorrow's check in. ;):)

Hugs!

Nora

Good evening (or good morning to me),

Debbie, I know how you feel, I been there so many times! Hope the pillow/heat gives you some relieve and you feel better soon. Yeah, Nora comes up with some pretty good combos;) I liked it!

Nora, do you have a heavy bag? I don't have one, wished I had one:confused: I loved the combo, it was different. You don't have a HR? You need to get one, girl! I bought the one Debbie uses, the one in Wal Mart:D The cal count in the WM is higher than my HR :confused: I go by my HR! Still nice cal burn, girl;) WTG, on BC and V2 today. Did you do the org. BC?
Sorry, the dogs didn't get along! That's sad!

Roxie, did you go to the gym with DH?

I will have more coffee, than I will tackle my last disc in STS!

See you soon! Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.