Crazy Strong and Loving It 5/7

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I am getting ready to take my dogs for a walk! I alos will do legs with the tubing/bands. Yesterday my resistance toning tube and streatch bands from Altus came

I will be back after my workout!

Have a great day!

Good morning ladies. I just got done doing AB Kickbox Surge. This was my first time doing one of her workouts so I don't think I did great but I sweat quite a bit so I guess that's a good sign! It's so hard for me to get used to a new instructor. And the ab section was a killer! I've got some nice doms from Plyo legs yesterday.

Patti-I just think it's cool that your husband is doing it. I would love for my husband to at least try or maybe even try P90X.

Belinda-are you starting to feel better since you backed off a bit on working out?

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday.

Bev

Morning! I am taking a rest day darn it. My knee is killing me! It was fine when I went to bed but in the middle of the night I noticed it was hurting. :mad: Oh well. I must rest it because I don't want to not be able to do the leg work in Meso 2.

Gotta run and get DD to school and then the grocery with DS. Later!

Today was 4DS kickboxing and abs. I never feel like I work very hard when I do that cardio alone - I probably should have done the premix with the bootcamp added on. I burned only 240 calories with the kickboxing and with what I ate yesterday I should have worked out harder/longer. Oh well - the scale didn't change so I'm not overly concerned....

Patti - Whats going on with your knee? Did you twist it or something? At least your listening to your body and taking a rest. :)

Bev - who is the instructor in kickbox surge?

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval which is HIIT cardio and the ab burner. I am getting a new pair of shoes today so I am hoping that helps with the foot pain and I will enjoy working out more. I am buying New Balance 926s.

Belinda-you sound in better spirits the resistance tubing must be making you feel better about yourself.

Karen-I was going to ask Bev the same question.

Patti-I hear you on the knee thing I just ignore mine now because I don't want it scoped.

Everyone have a good day. Can't wait to hear from Debbie again I miss her.

Bev: I have it! I love love love it. Amy does take some adjustment in your head- I kind of know what you mean. I just do her hi/lo right now and I only started using her DVDs in the last 2-3 months. I like her and she's a nice change (super intense) but also fun. I find that the choreography is tough enough that I have to review the DVD once before I try it for the first time, but the upside of that is that during the workout I don't think about how hard I'm working because I'm concentrating on the steps. So time really moves. I bought her ASC 3- heard it was easier than 2. I will get to learning it some time soon. :)

Roxie: Good luck with the new shoes. I find that my shoes really can help my knees- they are a bit creaky but with care they do just fine.

Karen: Odd as it sounds, I think I slept with the knee bent. Weird, but sometimes I do that. It feels a little better now, thanks. I know what you mean about 4DS KB- but you know, somedays you don't have to kill yourself. I think it's all good.

Belinda: Good to hear you sound so positive.

Hey Girls!

I did Tracey Staehle's Kickbox Challenge for the first time this morning, which wasn't as challenging as cathe's by any means, but still a good little sweat. I did NOT get what the heck she was doing on the Spider Webs :confused: though! LOL! ... I followed it by Bootcamp Cardio drills (HR got WAY up there!) and then did Abs Circuit: Med Ball Abs, since DH gave me a MEDICINE BALL for my birthday last night. It defnitely felt different and harder with the ball than the 8 lb weight.

Today, even though there is leftover cake, I'm going to be a good girl. For my birthday today, I left my bed unmade! *gasp* and I'm going to order 2 new workouts: Lalofit and Mindy's Intervals (from all your talk yesterday!! and it has a med ball!)

Belinda: You do sound so positive! Glad you're getting workouts in and enjoying them!

Patti: Sorry your knee hurts! But good job on holding back and making it a rest day. Iknow that is harder to do than actually a tough workout!

Bev: I don't have any Amy videos, Sounds like you had a good workout with her!

Karen: 4DS KB is a good workout for 30 minutes though! You done good! I gotcha on the making up for eating for yesterday.

Roxie: Enjoy HIIT tonight! And your new pair of sneaks!

Debbie: Looking foward to hearing about your new rotation and workouts!

Happy birthday Chris! LOL at your unmade bed. Glad you enjoyed cake and are moving on today. It's hard when there are leftovers like that around. For the spider webs, just concentrate on one side at a time. Bring your right leg through so you are face down to now face up. Then kick that same right leg through so you are face down again. The rest of your body kind of follows that lead, if you know what I mean.

Happy Birthday Chris

Did I see on the OD forum that you lost 90 lbs doing Weight Watchers? You go girl. And you've done great at keeping it off!!!! That's like being on the Biggest Loser for heaven's sake! I thought I did good losing 50 by doing TaeBo way back 10 years ago. So cool that you got a medicine ball for your birthday. I would like to try one of Tracy's workouts since I got to meet her at the RT last year. Thanks for enabling me!

Anyway I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I consider myself lucky to have met you on this forum.

Patti-I guess I am so used to Billy Blanks and Cathe so it's going to take me a while to get Amy's moves down. But that's exactly what I needed. I hate to get bored doing the same old moves all the time. Smart thinking on resting your knee today.

Chris - Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great day!

Patti - Yea, what is going on with the knee? Hope it gets better soon! My right knee gives me sharp pains here and there when I walk upstairs. Not sure why because it doesn't bother me any other time. :rolleyes:

Hi girls,

Today I went for a 3 mil walk, this afternoon I did leg workout with tubing (the new one is tough). After dinner DH and I took another (over 1 miler) walk. The dogs are tired. Tomorrow I will do yoga or pilates and of course I will take the dogs for a walk.

Karen** I think, I will save the money for a TM! I been wanting one for so long. Nice job with your leg workout today and yesterday.

Patti**sorry to hear about your knee, hope you feel better soon. My DD when she was little had a security blanket. She still has it, lol! Enjoy your rest day.

Nora** as always great job on your workouts!

Roxie** glad you still had a great workout yesterday. Yah, at least I feel like I am doing something. I do miss my regular workouts. Have fun with Burn Interval tonight.

Bev** I am feeling a little better today. I still have headache and my nose is still stuffed. I am not 100% there yet, hope I am getting there soon. Nice job with your KB workout today. WTG on your DOMS!

Chris** nice job with your Kb workout this morning! I love working my abs with the med ball. Happy Birthday!

Debbie** can’t wait to see what you came up with! I hope your knee is not serious.

Bev and Chris, congratulations on losing all that weight!

I will chat you all in the morning! Good night!

Bev Deb Patti and Belinda...

thanks for the Happy Birthdays!

Bev: I did lose 90 lbs! 95 originally, but my body wanted 5 more lbs and likes to stay there. I'd love to ditch it someday though! LOL!. You aren't too shabby yourself maintaining for 10 yrs, a 50 lb weightloss! It is pretty cool to be able to stay healthy after "crossing over", isn't it?

Patti: I'll have to practice those spider webs! thank you. It just came out of nowhere and I was all over the place. LOL! I looked like a baby learning to crawl doing them!

Here are tonites stats first Burn Interval:

48min
43 in the zone
150 avg hr
183 max hr
358cals burned.

Ab Burner
10min
2 in the zone
116 avg hr
143 max hr
48cals burned.

The new shoes were ok for awhile then I had to go back to my old ones. I had to stop a few times during my workout I was feeling alittle light headed.

Good evening ladies!

I'm just stopping in for my check in.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 2 my short mix=28 min
Distance= 2.37 miles
Calories burned=342
BPM's= warm up(4:13) 114 63% MHR.
Challenge 1 Sprints (7:49) 135,143,146,145 BPM ranges = 75% to 80% of HR.
Challenge 2 sprints (8:24) 148,150= BPM's= 82% to 84% of MHR
Steady State/REst (3:18)BPM= 130= 72% of MHR.
Cool Down= BPM= 112 or 62% MHR.

4DS- KB-BC- I did only the Kickbox cardio and kickbox abs= 47 minutes
Calories burned= 449 calories.

That's it for me today! Have a great evening ladies!;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.