Crazy Strong and Loving It 5/6

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

It's raining outside, I am hoping it will stop this afternoon. If not DH and I will go to the gym, so I get my walk in. :D Believe it or not I have DOMS in my triceps. I used the green bands yesterday, I found I very good tricep workout with bands on line yesterday. I liked it a lot!

So today I will do a walk on the TM and work my back with the tubing/green band!

Have a wonderful day! BBL!

Hi gils,

I am done with my back workout!:D I used the new Cathe green band :D

back pull downs 3x 15
rows 3x 15
high rows 3x 15
reverse flies 3x 14
T -Pull with bands 36 reps
Y's with bands 36 reps

I also did abs from Total Muscle Sculping!

I still have to go do my walk later!:eek: My triceps are talking to me, that was one great band workout yesterday!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bev and Chris you two are the only ones that ordered the tower? What does it do besides up ups? I can do pull ups on my weight bench. It doesn’t hold any of my barbells? How can I justify that? My DH thinks I am nuts for wanting it! I do have the money, but he thinks I am wasting my money! DO I ever gonna do a full pull up? It's only 5 feet hight, not much taller than I am:rolleyes:

Belinda - what did you decide about the tower?

Todays workout was STS disc 29 Plyo Legs. What a workout - I loved it! I burned 384 calories - yikes.

I'm back at work today - so no chatty cathy for me....

Good Morning..

My plan is for DISC 35 (the last Plyo Legs from Meso 3 :() after noon sometime. I have to bring my mom for an appt this morning.

Belinda... Your band workout sounds great, it can really burn if you do it long enough. I always feel it with Cathe's workouts. I didn't get the tower. I also have a weight bench, but it doesn't support my barbell with weights on it either. I can put a few weights on it, though, and use it for Pull Ups . I can't justify spending that amount of money either. And so far, though it's a struggle , I've been able to get my bar down on the Step as a bench.

DH brought home my bday cake PLUS italian cookies, today is NOT going to be a great eating day. :eek: Plus my mom will probably want to take me out to lunch, and the boys are taking me to Longhorn's for dinner! :eek::eek:

Good Morning,

Tonite is Chalean Push Circuit 2 and I believe it is shoulders and lunges.

Chris-happy birthday enjoy your day and don't worry about the food tomarrow is another day.

Belinda-good job on the workout its amazing what the bands do they look so innocent.

Karen-have a good day an good workout.

I slept in this morning with strong encouragement from DH that I needed to rest a bit this week. Humph. I want to do Interval Express with Mindy Mylrea this afternoon (did I spell that right?) but we'll see. I am betting that I'll do it when the kids are down for a nap. I cannot resist!!

Karen: I love the looks of the Mindy workout- thanks so much for the info. I can't wait to do it. I know what you mean- it's a great workout without being too tough on the choreography or boring, either. Somedays that is all I want.

Chris: Enjoy the food- it's your almost birthday! :) I figure it is good to let loose a few times a year and just not worry about it.

Belinda: Good band workout- glad you got some DOMS and no bleeding. :) I did order the tower since I wanted an extra weight rack- DH and I lift together a lot and hope that will continue. Plus, I want it for barre work in the future. And it is a nice extra pull up device since DH and I both need something at the same time occasionally.

Bev: Did you ask a few days ago if DH liked STS? Um, yes. He recognizes how awesome it is and how Cathe is incredible. He has learned that bands are not for sissies and that he never pushed himself hard enough. Does he love exercise? Not yet. I am hopeful though! :)

Gotta run. BBL.

Hi girls,

I went to the gym with DH, I did CCV2 without the challenge! I walked it with some hills, had a great 30 min. workout (2 mile). I had a hard time not to run!

Here is the website for the triceps workout with the bands! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftBjRFhfupg

Karen** I am still debating about the tower! Maybe I will save the money for a TM, I want one so bad. I have to wait until we are back in the states. Great job on your leg workout today.

Chris** enjoy disc 35 today! I used the new green Cathe dyna bands for triceps, got a nice burn today! I almost think I don’t need the pull up tower, I can do a pull up on my squat rack. I still have time to think about.LOL! Is today your b-day??? Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day.

Roxie** enjoy your circuit workout today.

Patti** I can’t use any of my 3 barbells for the tower? This is so hard? LOL!

Debbie** we miss you, girl!

Belinda: Such angst, lol! If money isn't a huge issue, just get it girl! :)

Good afternoon! Super irritating day here- DD had a nice tantrum at DH's work. Sigh. Then DS lost his special blankie and I spent over an hour looking for the stupid thing. :mad: It's actually kind of cute- his security blanket is one of my old tank tops. ANYWAY, I wanted to sit in a large vat of ice cream with a spoon or bake (and eat) myself into oblivion but instead worked out. I tried out Mindy's Interval Express- the step part, which was about 40 minutes. I am sweating buckets! Super fun, easy choreography which is just interesting enough so you won't get bored of it. I missed a few small steps today but for a first run through, easy peasy. I highly recommend it- sort of like a Cathe premix since it was on the short side. :)

Thanks for the review on it Karen- I have to order it now! :p Maybe I can find it on sale somewhere...

Good afternoon Ladies!:)

Here's today's workout for me:

Jillian Michaels-Lose Weight Level 2 iFit card-Week1,Program 3. Man she is tough and brutal for only a 30 min workout on the treadmill. Good stuff though. I was a puddle of sweat when she was done with me. LOL!!
Jillian loves to play with the incline and gets vicious.:p

Calories Burned= 377
Distance= 2.18 miles

BPM's= warm up=79

STS Meso 3, week 2, Disc#29 Plyo Legs= 50 minutes
Calories burned= 388

This just seemed to fly by so fast. I know I really enjoyed not having to change wts. on my barbells today. Other times it seems when I do have to do that since mine are the kind that screw on cuffs it takes forever probably adding fifteen minutes or so to the length of the workout. Phew! Today was just dumbells and changing sometimes to weight gloves so that was a nice break. I'm still dealing with knee injuries so I did have to either modify on some of the plyo jacks, or tuck jumps, jump ups on the step. I have to becareful of the kneee impact and degree of knee bend while the inflammed tendons heal. Ugh, its bothersome but I have to train smart and modify where I need it. This was a fun workout and liked that the time went by so fast. :)

Butts & Guts- Stability Ball abs only= 15 minutes
Calories burned= 76

That's it for me today! Have a great day ladies and WTG on your workouts today! :):D

Hugs!

Nora

Here are my stats, not quite accurate because my dvd player crapped out.

41min
17 in the zone
120 avg hr
156 max hr
202 cals burned.

Standard Overhead Press 10lbs/8reps going 12s next time
Single Leg Lunge 12lbs/8reps each leg
Reverse Fly 10lbs/8reps
Arnold Press 10lbs/8reps going 12s next time
Single Leg Deadlift kept back leg on ground 15lbs/8reps each leg
Bent Over Lateral Raise 10lbs/7reps
Frontal Press 12lbs/8reps
Single Tap Lunges 10lbs/8reps
Lateral Deltoid Raise 8lbs/8reps

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.