Crazy Strong and Loving It 5/5

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

After doing chest and shoulder work with the tubing, my nose started to bleed. I don’t get it anymore? I had surgery 2 weeks ago and I am still bleeding? I called the clinic today; I was told it’s normal to have swelling/headaches and bleedings. It can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to heal. What am I suppose to do for the next “” 6 weeks””? And my nose is still stuffed, I feel like I have a long lasting cold. My nose problem just keeps hanging around!

Today I WILL do biceps and triceps with the tubing. If it doesn’t rain I will take the dogs for a walk.

Where is Debbie:eek:

I am stilll don't know if I need the pull up tower? :rolleyes:What does it do different than my squat rack? I can't use it for my barbell ( my barbell is an Olympic barbell).

Have a great workout and day!

Good morning everyone. I just got done doing 4DS kickbox and abs. I switched it from Thursday's workout on Cathe's rotation because my legs just didn't feel like doing MIC. I'm hoping to preview Amy Bento's new kickbox workout to do on Thursday.

Belinda-maybe you shouldn't even be using the tubing if that makes your nose bleed. What's a few more weeks at this point? You don't want to make your recovery drag on by doing too much, too soon. The only reason that I got the pull up tower is to do pull ups. My barbell is really long so I don't think it will even fit on there but I have a bench anyway.

Have a great day ladies.

Bev

Morning! I did Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med Ball, including abs. Then I had a few minutes left so I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout, combo and blast #1. I burned 546 calories. I am trying to take it easy this week- I am not sure it is working.

Belinda: I'm with Bev- if you aren't careful, full recovery could take longer than 6 weeks and I know you don't want that. I know you're frustrated and I would be too- not trying to lecture you, I'm just concerned.

Bev: I gave myself permission to skip MIC in Meso 3 since I did in Meso 1- I already spotted it. :) I just can't do that one more than a few times a year I think. I almost have to forget how hard it is before I can do it again.

Nora: Nice work on your rows- feels good to accomplish new weights. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Belinda - I'm here. I am taking a week off and will back with workouts on Thursday. I was out of town from Friday through Sunday and took Monday off from work so I could do some spring cleaning at home. I need to catch up with what everyone has been doing. I'm sorry to hear about your nose. Stick a tampon up your nostril while you're working out! LMAO! Sorry, I know this isn't funny and I know you are at your wits end. I'm sure it will take a good 6 weeks for that to heal, though. I'm thinking that was major surgery.

Good Morning,

Tonite is 30mins on the TM and then maybe some yoga.

Belinda-I agree with everyone else our bodies need time to heal after what you went through. Just do the walk thing and then go back to wts when you are healed.

Today was supposed to be MIC Hi/low Only and the Cardio Quick Fix - but I didn't want to do the QF option so I instead attempted one of my new workouts. I did Tracy Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2. I did pretty well for the first hour and then after that I got lost on the last few step combos. (I stopped previewing it at that point last night...no wonder I was lost) So I stopped the cardio at a little over a hour and then skipped to the stretch. I burned 517 calories so I was pleased.

Patti - You were right, this workout is alot of fun! It was a welcome change from Cathe's workouts. Now if I can master those last couple of combos I will be good to go!

Belinda - Sorry to hear about the nose bleeds :( You WILL get better soon!

I made this last night and my DH actually liked it for once! So I thought I would share:

Tilapia w/Warm Olive Salsa
1 C Chopped plum tomato
2 tbl chopped fresh parsley
1.5 tsp chopped fresh oregano
12 small pimiento stuffed olives, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 (6-oz) tilapia fillets
4 lemon wedges
1tbls olive oil

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tomato; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Combine tomato, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon oregano, and olives in a small bowl; keep warm.

Wipe pan dry with a paper towel; return pan to medium high heat. recoat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 teaspoon oregano, salt, and pepper over fillets. Add fillets to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Squeeze lemon wedges over fish; drizzle with oil. Searve w/ salsa. Serves 4
Cal: 218, Fat: 8, Protein 34.8, carb 3.1

Serve w/ Lemon Couscous w/ Toasted Pine Nuts

1C water
2/3 C uncooked whole wheat couscous
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/4 c pine nuts, toasted
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt

Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous and lemon rind. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Add pine nuts, olive oil, and salt; fluff w/ a fork. Serves 4. Cal. 148, Fat 8, Protein 3.8, Carb 16.2

Karen: Glad you liked it! I have the original HISM and haven't done it yet. I hope it is similar to #2 since it is one of my favorites. Thanks for the recipe- DH LOVES olives so I will try that one for sure. :)

Debbie: Glad you're back, we missed you! Enjoy your rest week.

Gotta go pick up DD. BBL.

Karen: Oh forgot- I am previewing Mindy's Interval Express. I spit out my water when she mentioned nipples- totally unexpected. She's over the top! The workout looks fun- I might have to pick it up sometime. I couldn't handle her everyday but she looks like a nice change of pace. What is her hi/lo like?

Hey Girls!

Did Rhythmic Step this morning... a goodie, always! I did DISC 34 Chest, Back yesterday. Not sure if it's because of my lack of sleep on Mondays, but it was super tough. I do have some nice DOMS today from it though.

I'm going to do abs later, maybe Coremax for a change!

Belinda: Sorry you're still having problems ... what a long illness AND recovery process! Did they say it was ok that it was bleeding sometimes? Debbie made me LOL about the tampon, but oddly enough, a tampon is actually what is used for nosebleeds that don't stop. I mean , it's not an ACTUAL tampon, but it is a cotten plug with a string hanging from it.

Bev: 4DS KB is a good tough 30 minutes, isn't it?

Karen: I have Tracey Staehle step too, but haven't taken the time to preview the whole thing. I really need to do that soon! Sounds like a good one! I wonder if you could use that recipe for chicken? My DH hates the smell of fish, so I don't ever cook it in the house, or rarely.

Patti: Oh yeah, you're "taking it easy" LOL!!

Debbie: Enjoy your "rest" week! ...

Since this is my last week of STS, I'm really trying to decide on my next rotation. I want to take a few months off of STS before I start up with it again. Esp with the summer and vacations coming. So I decided on doing a Circuit Rotation. I found one of Cathe's from FEB 05, but it's kind of "dated"..

Anyone know of a good Circuit Rotation, maybe? (Debbie?)

Karen and Patti-I want to try Tracey, Kimberly and Amy Bento which ones do you recommend for someone who has never done them?

What I'm making for Teacher Appreciation healthy snack day tomorrow (plus a little Cinco de Mayo themed):

Creamy Lime Guacamole

POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

A slight twist on regular guac, this spread is great on sandwiches, as a dip or
with your favorite Mexican recipes.

Ingredients
1 medium avocado, ripe, seeded and coarsely mashed
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.

And this for dinner tonight:

Lime Chicken Tacos

1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 to 6 whole wheat tortillas
1 tomato diced
shredded lettuce
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salsa

Saute the chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 7-8 minut
es. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregan
o. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and tu
rn over to heat the other side. Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas top
ped with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and salsa.

Thanks girlls, I am taking it easy! No hight impact! I promise! I will wait until Friday, if the beeding doensn't stop I will see the doctor!I just can't sit for the next few weeks on my butt and not do anything:eek: .

Debbie, you made me laught:D:p:eek: I did had a tampon up my nose after surgery:p:p it was a lot of fun when the doctor pulled it out:D :p that sucker was long! LOL!

Karen, I will try to do some yoga this week. The only problem I have, I can't bent over ( I get a lot of pressure in my head)!

I did biceps and triceps with the tubing today. I also walked the dogs for an hour!

Last edited:
Karen: Oh forgot- I am previewing Mindy's Interval Express. I spit out my water when she mentioned nipples- totally unexpected. She's over the top! The workout looks fun- I might have to pick it up sometime. I couldn't handle her everyday but she looks like a nice change of pace. What is her hi/lo like?
Pattie - Mindy always says inappropriate (but funny) things on her videos. She makes alot of comments about "playing with balls" as well - and making sure the girls aren't lopsided. Her hi/low is usually pretty basic and in quick intervals. I guess I just like her videos because they normally aren't so dancy - they instead are more basic, but tough.

Chris - I'm sure chicken would work for that recipe I posted. I really liked the couscous with the pine nuts. This afternoon I made that veggie/pasta salad you posted last week (?) - its delicious! I am keeping all of the good recipes everyone is posting in a special folder for trying in the future. Your tacos sound really good as well! Thank you! :)

Roxie - I only have that one Tracey workout I did today and only have two of Amy's workouts. (who is Kimberly?) Of the workouts I have I think both Amy and Tracey get a little fancy with their steps - however, previewing them before you do them definitely helps. One thing I liked about Tracey's workouts is that she did have a modifier for both the high and low intensity options. (for people who had bad joints or maybe didn't want to jump as much) I think both Amy and Tracey are very fun and I especially liked Tracey's "motivation yelling" she did throughout the workout. :)

Chris: I'm hungry! I love the sound of those- thanks!

Roxie: Karen is right- Amy is probably the toughest to pick up choreography wise, followed by Tracey. Both are lots of fun, although I think Amy is slightly more intense. Of the three, Kimberly is the more intermediate (although by no means easy). Her choreography isn't quite as tough either. I like all three. :)

Did I post my refried bean casserole over here? It is what we're having tonight. I LOVE it! I promise, the cottage cheese in it sounds weird, that was why I put it in the blender. It's awesome, I promise.

Cheese and Refried Bean Casserole
1.5 cups fat-free cottage cheese
2/3 cup canned corn
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 ½ teaspoon cumin
A little taco seasoning mix
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies, drained
2 cups salsa (Kroger salsa)
8 corn tortillas
1 can (16 oz) fat-free refried beans
1/4 cup non fat cheddar cheese

In a blender or food processor, place the cottage cheese and spices and blend until smooth. Stir in the fat free cheddar cheese, corn and diced chilies and set aside. On the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish spread 1 cup salsa. Place 4 tortillas evenly over the salsa. Place the beans evenly over the tortillas. Place 4 tortillas evenly over the beans. Sprea6d the cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas. Over the cheese mixture, spread the last cup of salsa. Cover the pan with foil and bake in oven 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove cover and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.

Serves 4.

Entire recipe:
1289 calories / 236 carbs / 5 fat / 90 protein / 34 fiber

Each piece if serving 4:
322 calories / 59 carbs / 1.3 fat / 22.5 protein / 8.5 fiber

That casserole sounds WICKED good! I'll put it in my "to make" folder. The guacamole came out very good. My chicken came out a bit dry, I left it on "simmer" to long. Ug!

Karen: The mac salad was a great "taste alike", I loved it too! I haven't had Couscous in forever, but I think I have some somewhere.

It will wait a bit though, my boys are taking me out to dinner tomorrow for my bday (it's Thursday, but my son has baseball, so we're celebrating early). :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.