Crazy Strong and Loving It 5/1

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning everyone!

I did my LAST workout in Meso #1 this morning- Legs. Yay! I loved it but am excited to move on to Meso #2. I have really leaned out from Meso 1 and can see some nice definition in my arms and legs. No complaints here on STS- I think it is terrific. I even got a little stronger in this rep range, probably because I spent 8 weeks here. I also did the 4DS abs- the LIS ones, not the KB ones (which I usually do).

Chris: I meant to mention that C&W abs are my favorite Cathe abs- or at least in the top 3. Ha! I used to do the workout on FitTV when I first discovered Cathe and remember when I couldn't get all the way through the ab workout. :)

Have a great day everybody!

Good Morning,

Didn't get up and workout and I won't be able to tonite. DH is in a town 2hrs from here and won't be coming home tonite and its his birthday so when I get off work I am going to surprise him at his motel room. So tomarrow I want to be home by 7 so I can get todays and tomarrows workouts done before going to the bridal shower in Nebraska which is an hour and a half away alot of driving the next two days.

This morning was STS Disc 27?? I'm losing track of the numbers... Anyway, it was biceps, triceps and shoulders. I can't believe the amount of weight I'm lifting now after 2 months of STS. I'm going to be needing more weights very soon.

Today I've been working in the basement. Now I will be making my grocery list and going to the dreaded grocery store. :(

Patti - congrats on finishing Meso 1!

Roxie - Have fun tonight and tomorrow!

Hey all!

I did DISC 33 this morning: Shoulders Triceps and biceps. LOVE these muscle groups, love Meso 3 and how heavy I can lift!!! HA!!!!

I've done a lot of puttering around home, plus a grocery trip for the weekend...

Patti: Congrats on finishing MESO 1!!! Twice!!! I need to remember that C&W ab work, that is challenging! I kind of forget what Meso 2 is like! I just finished week #3 of Meso 3!!!! :eek: Thanks tons for the banana muffin recipe too!

Roxie: Sounds like a fun, but busy , 2 days!! Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Karen: I know, I lose track of the numbers of the Discs too! LOL!. I worked the same muscle group today, my favorite I think!

Here's another idea to do with Eggplant! Made it tonight, and it was so good!! I didn't have a Red Pepper, so I used a few slices of Portabello Mushroom!

Turkey Eggplant Casserole
Serves: 8 (208 Calories 7g Fat 4g Fiber)

1-1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large eggplant, cubed
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, seeded & diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 13x9" baking pan with nonstick
cooking spray.

Spray a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking
spray and place on medium-high heat. Add the turkey, onion and
garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and the
onion is softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the eggplant, tomatoes, peppers,
bread crumbs and basil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed.

Transfer the turkey mixture to the baking pan and bake, covered,
until the vegetables are tender, 45-50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle
with the grated cheese. Bake until the cheese is lightly browned,
about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Good evening ladies:)

My knees are not happy with me after yesterday's workout. I don't want for their to be a more serious injury to my knees that could require surgery so I'm not going to do any running workouts for a couple of weeks. I can do power walking either with Jillian Michaels Lose Weight iFit cards or use Cardio Coach on Treadmill and just walk maybe add some light hand weights to increase intensity, plus I can still do cathe stuff thank goodness!;)

Here's today's workout:

KCM-30 Minutes to Fitness- Kickboxing with 2-1lb. gloves.
I did workout#1=30 min and I did Premix-Punch and Kick= 22 min =52 mint total
Calories burned= 532
Wow! this was fun and not hard to pick up either. I was dripping with sweat when I was done and I'm sure my HR was at least in the 75% to almost 80% of MHR. I did use weighted gloves. I used the tutorial for workout 1 as my warmup. I really enjoyed this one and its cool that you don't need anything other than weighted gloves and even those are optional. I'd say for
advanced exercisers using the gloves is a good idea. I've done kickboxing for many years ever since Taebo came out so this was not hard for me to pick up. KCM's cueing is ok, but could be better with calling out the names of the punches other than that it was a really fun workout. I liked the menu's and that Kelly puts alot of options into this 30 min workout and its big on the fun factor.

STS-Meso 3, wk 1, Disc#27 Shoulders,Biceps, Triceps= 67 min
Calories burned= 549

STS-Ab Circuits-Weights & Plates= 19 min
Calories Burned= 117

Ok, that's it for me. Great workout today ladies, bravo!!! Seeya at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.