Crazy Strong & Loving It for 4/20

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I was hoping to start STS this week, but my nose is still blocked:mad:
I will see a professor at the ENT University Clinic in Regensburg at 2 o’clock. My nose is so blocked again. I don’t get it. I am almost out of penicillin (this is my second round). The professor needs to figure something out. I can’t take this anymore! I will keep you guys posted!

Thanks for all your prayers!

Take care,

Last edited:
RECOVERY WEEK! YAy!

I could not sleep last night. I kept waking up every hour it seemed. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but I did it anyway... I did 4DS HIS on the 8" step then added the extra stretch at the end. It felt so good to move again! (DH and I had been at TIL all weekend) I am glad to be back on a regular eating schedule as well. Last night I did KPC and my butt hurts today. :) I don't want to go to work....

Belinda - Don't the doctors have any answers for you? What the heck?? I would be frustrated as well. I hope they can give you some answers later today.

This morning was Chest and I sure didn't feel like to workout this morning. My rest day goes by way too fast.

Despite that, I had a good workout. However, I shouldn't have gone so heavy with the barbell press because my right shoulder is talking to me right now. Dangit anyways!

And one more gripe, my HRM doesn't like it when I lay down, it just won't keep my HR. I don't get it, it doesn't move out of place, it just doesn't seem to be able to read me when I'm laying down.

10 minute warmup on treadmill

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
55# - 8 sets/11-8 reps (up 5#)
***By set 6 I was really feeling this. Should have stayed at 50#.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Lots of clicking in the right shoulder. Started to burn a lot here.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8 sets/10-7 reps
***Presses aren't bad, but these got heavy really fast.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Was really fatigued at this point. 15's were perfect.

Then I got on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach #2R, challenge #1 and #2.

HR STATS:
59 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
14 minute above zone
456 calories burned

Another problem I've been having lately is my right glute is REALLY tight. So tight that a slight pain goes down my right leg and into my lower back. Last night I stretched it out and used an infrared massage thingy that heats up on it. The tightness is really deep into the glute area. It felt pretty good this morning but now it's all tight again, probably from the cardio. Not sure why this happened, its been like this for a few months now, but it's really getting unbearable. I don't know what it is with my right side?

I need a rest!

Belinda - I don't get why they don't put you on a 5 day steroid. That would kick that right out of your system. If you see this, maybe you should ask the doctor today before he needles you again.

Morning! I did STS Disc 10 (chest, shoulders and biceps) this morning. It was a great workout but moving up to 70% of the 1RM was a challenge. I felt pretty good that I inched everything up (even if it didn't follow the exact weight on my workout card) but there were a set of drop set shoulder presses at the end that were practically a joke. Eh, next time maybe. :)

My calf / tendon is feeling better! I'm not going to do Cathe cardio this week- take it easy. I may do something light tomorrow morning- I would like to, but I am trying to take a wait and see approach. My right glute is also tight and sore, Debbie. What's with that? Anyway, maybe all of this strain and slight pain is trying to tell me to take it easy this week. Yuck.

Belinda: I will continue to think happy thoughts for you! I know you're over this.

Karen: Woo hoo on getting in that cardio! 4DS is a great recovery week idea- short but still getting in there. :)

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did Burn Circuit 2 and 3 and TBS. Tonite is Burn Circiut 1 and I need to get some ab work in. I need to drop 5% body fat can someone tell me how to do that?

Debbie-be careful with that hamstring you don't want it to put you out of commision.

Patti-keep your cardio to a walk this week so you don't injure yours any more.

Karen-4ds on 8" step and you call that recovery I would be dying.

Belinda-someone needs to figure out what is wrong with you, you have suffered to long.

The kids are finally back in their own house so its just DH and I again. YEAH!

Everyone have a good day.

Last edited:
Dang, where is everyone?

Come back!

Belinda - I just read your prayer request on the open forum. I hope all goes well for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey Debbie - I'm here - just been busy. My butt really hurts today from yesterdays KPC. Weird. When I say that it reminds me of that easter joke with the two chocolate bunnies. One has their butt bitten off and the other with its ears missing. Bunny 1 "My butt hurts" Bunny 2 "what?" lol

Hey everyone!!

I did Meso 3, DISC 28 today... Chest and Back! Heavy and 4 rounds! Pooped OUT!

Belinda: OMG, how frustrated you must be! I hope things get on the right track today. I totally agree about the steroids that Debbie suggested.

Karen: Enjoy recovery week! It's nice to just do cardio when and what you feel like! LOL at that bunny joke!

Debbie: Hope your aches feel better. It does sound like your body needs a good stretch. I did THE best stretch from FitTV last week, It was Michelle Lemay, "Stretch Fusion". It was the best stretch I've ever done for my hips , it felt amazing!

Roxie! WOOHOO for having your house back!

Good afternoon ladies!;)

Today's workout- I'm on my one week recovery from STS before we start on Meso cycle 3.

Debbie you'll be proud of me. I tackled the entire Cardio Coach Volume 5 and live to tell the tale.:p:eek:

Cardio Coach Volume 5!!!:eek: = 63 minutes includes cool down and stretch.
Calories burned = 774
Distance= 4.35 miles
Warmup= 5:17- BPM= 112 60% MHR (walking pace 3.5-3.8)
S.State 1= 3:03- BPM= 135 75% MHR -5.5 mph (not using any incline 'til knee heals.)
Challenge 1= 16:21 - BPM= 138,148,151 on individual sprints 75%-83% MHR (5.8-6.0 MPH).
Steady State 2= 3:10- BPM= 138 77% MHR (5.8 MPH)
Challenge 2= 9:36- 141,148,149,148 (6.0-6.2 MPH) 78%-82% MHR
Steady State 3= 3:13 -BPM= 139 (6.0 MPH) 76% MHR
Challenge 3= 7:23- BPM on sprints= 147,148,146,148,150 (6.0-6.8 MPH) 81%-83% MHR.
Cool Down= 5:39 reduced speed to 5.5 to a jog. BPM=132- 73% of MHR.
Stretch= 9:54 Phew!:eek: I did it! I embraced my inner cheetah, who knew? LOL!!!

Stretch Max- Stability Ball Stretch= 20 min
Calories burned= 68

4DS-LIS- ABS only= 10 Min
Calories burned= 55 calories.

That's it for me today. I feel like I won a race attempting and completing Vol. 5. So, I'm happy with that.:eek:

Debbie - sorry to hear that your having some stubborn reoccuring tightness/soreness. Just a suggestion- try the corn pillow on it. The heat could relax the tightness.

Belinda- This has gone on way too long for you with all this frustrating sinus infection. I certainly hope the professor has some better ideas as to help you that doesn't involve needles.;)

Hugs to everyone!

Nora

Just finished Burn Circuit 1

Stats:
Sumo Squat with Hip Lift 10lbs 12reps
Lunge with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Pushup with Leg Lift but stayed on my knees LT wrist hurts 12
Dead Lift with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Lunge with Core Rotation 12lbs 12reps
Bench Press & Leg Lower 12lbs 12reps
Squat with Side Bend 12lbs 12reps
FWD-Lean Lunge with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Chest Fly with Hip Lift 10lbs 12reps

38min
32 in zone
139 avg hr
169 max hr
245 calories burned.

Then did 5mins of ab work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.