Crazy Strong & Loving It for 4/18

Today was Back and even though I didn't feel like working out, once I got started I had an excellent workout. HR was up through the entire workout.

Lost 1# this week even though I had a binge on Saturday and Sunday last week. My body fat is dropping too, because my abs are finally starting to show. The veins in my arms are popping again too. Couldn't be happier about this! :eek:

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise.

BACK
Austrailian Pullups:
BW - 3 sets/10-5 reps (up one set)
Standing Rows:
10# vest - 5 sets/9 reps
***Can't do the Australian Pullups for the entire 8 sets. Those are just freakin' hard.

Underhand Barbell Row:
45# - 8 sets/13-8 reps
***Wow, these catch up with you fast. I was struggling by set 5.

Dumbbell Pullover:
25# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Got a great burn with these. Love pullovers.

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple band: 8 sets/15-14 reps
***No matter how many times you do this exercise, they burn every time.

HR STATS:
40 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
29 minutes in zone
7 minutes above zone
304 calories burned

That is all....

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Belinda - Wow girl, I don't know what to say. I cannot believe this is happening to you. I actually didn't know sinuses could get this bad. When you said you went to the dentist I was really hoping you were going to say they found something wrong. I've heard teeth could have a lot to do with sinus infections. I will keep you in my prayers in hopes you won't have to go through all that again next week. That is just horrible! {{{hugs}}}

Belinda - Wow girl, I don't know what to say. I cannot believe this is happening to you. I actually didn't know sinuses could get this bad. When you said you went to the dentist I was really hoping you were going to say they found something wrong. I've heard teeth could have a lot to do with sinus infections. I will keep you in my prayers in hopes you won't have to go through all that again next week. That is just horrible! {{{hugs}}}[/quote]

Thanks for your prayers Debbie! I was hoping the dentist would find something, but he didn't. If the infection goes in your brain, you can die! That is the reason I am going back to the doctor, just to make sure the infection isn't spreading. I never though this would go on for so long. I miss working out, but know I shouldn't as long as there isn't any improvment. DH should be here any minute, I am so glad!

WTG on your weight loss and your abs showing! That is fantastic!

Checking in -

Good morning, ladies. Catching up with my check-ins. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, but the day before I did S&H Legs/Shoulders. I may end up doing cardio today in addition to S&H Bi/Tri just to make up for some missed calorie burn.
Great work, Debbie. I know you're loving seeing your abs respond and getting even more visual rewards in your arms. Of course your consistency and dedication has paid off!
I haven't gone back to read what I've missed the last couple of days, but dang it, Belinda! It doesn't sound like you've improved. I'm sorry.
And the other day I think Roxie was helping to move her kids out - I hope that is going well.
Have a great day, girlies. I need to run home my older daughter's friend, then pick up my younger daughter from her friend's house. Then I get to work out!

Hey Girls!

I ended up being quite busy yesterday. It was SOOO nice out, I took the extra time I had to go for a bike ride to the park. It was glorious! I loved it! I did STS MESO #3, DISC 27 in the morning. (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps). I think my numbers weren't heavy enough, because I have very little DOMS, and I was able to finish most of the reps, except on biceps. They got hard at the end, but I did complete them. I guess I'll go up for next week though.

Belinda: Wow, I feel SOOO bad for you! I wish they could do more for you, I mean they HAVE to! Glad your DH is coming home today to help. Have you been running fevers at all? Have they done cultures (taken samples) from your sinuses to see maybe if you need a different antibiotic? has the ENT seen infections this bad before and what is usually done? It's got to be driving you so crazy!!

Debbie:
WOW! Cool on the loss and the definition popping! I know that could happen to me if I cleaned up my dang eating!! I've really been working my muscles hard with STS. And my eating has been crappy t his past week. This is the longest I've gone with not eating clean every day. It's driving my nuts and I don't know why!! LOL!...

Patti:
GLAD you started those stretches. I promise they will help! That muffin recipe sounds awesome! I do a lot of cooking too, we should swap good recipes! ... Did your kids like the muffins?

Wendy: Enjoy your workout(s) today!

Nora: Hope your knee feels better today!...

Good Afternoon,

Well have spent the morning doing more cleaning and moving we believe they will be able to move back home tonite so life can return to normal around here. Haven't done much working out but I feel like it.

Debbie-way to go on your results I plan on totally dedicating myself to my workouts again and eating much cleaner.

Good Evening Ladies~:)

Wow Debbie! Congrats on your fab results and your kick butt workout today!;)

Roxie- Hang in there the end is in sight and you'll be able to get back to your normal routine very soon. ;)

Belinda- Hugs and prayers that you will get relief and feel better.:)

My knee is still very touchy but only when I do certain things. I've done some research on the web and it seems I have Runner's knee. I have to becareful and baby it. I can still workout, I just have to ice it before and after I workout and wear my Ace medium support Knee brace especially during the day when I'm working out. I will have to back off on using the incline on my treadmill because the degree of bend in the knee will make it hurt as the tendons around the knee get unhappy. So as long as I am careful and do all those things and am mindful of how I move with my right knee it feels ok, not a 100% but I can walk on it and run on it without pain. So, basically with regards to exercise if it hurts, modify whenever possible to accomodate, or if it hurts no matter what skip that part and go on.

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol. 5- my mix of it that I can do so far= 33 min
Calories burned= 360
Distance= 2.56 miles
Time= 33 min with stretch included.

Debbie, can you believe it I attempted CCV 5 or rather my mix of it. I'm working up to doing all of Volume 5 that's my goal. I can say of the version I did of it today, it didn't seem as scary as I thought. I didn't do challenge 1 or 3 though, but this just gives me something to work toward next week. I'm noticing huge improvement in my cardio fitness since adding Cardio Coach to the mix of already superior workouts with Cathe.

Warm up= 5:17 BPM=117=65 % of MHR
Steady State 1=3:03 BPM= 137
Steady State 2= 3:10 BPM= 144-147
Challenge 2= 149,12,153,157 on the sprints for Challenge 2
Cool Down= 5:39 BPM= range from 130-77 MHR
Stretch= 9:54 min.

Kick, Punch, & Crunch= 68 min includes abs on ball too!
Calories burned=650
Yay! I could do KPC with 1lb. each weighted gloves and do most of the two legged Pikes on the Ball:eek:!!!! I'm chalking that up to increased muscle strength results courtesy of STS~:):D:eek:

Tomorrow is my usual rest day. Next week is supposed to be my recovery week but I'll still do Cardio Coach, Abs, and maybe some Biggest Loser Yoga with Bob Harper.

Have a great weekend everyone,Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.