Crazy stong and loving it for Feb 17, 2010

Last night I did my foam roller and used my massage pillow and I woke up this morning with my left ITB band spasming. It hurt but once I was up and moving it went away. The muscle is still very tight. I wonder what happened? Maybe I finally loosened it enough to heal. I'm hoping that's what happened. I'll warm it tonight with my corn pillow and hopefully it will be ok.

Today was total body and I had an excellent workout.

3 sets of 8 reps with 1 minute rest between each set.

Leg Press Station - 175#
***Good weight here but probably could have gone heavier.

Stiff Leg Deads - 90#
***This was almost too heavy. Low back was really feeing it but it might have been due to the ITB Band.

Barbell Military Press - 55#
***This was challenging by the time I got to set 3. Almost didn't make the entire 8 reps.

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 25's
***Another good challenging weight. Last set was a struggle.

Barbell Rows - 60#/75#
***First set was way too easy. Went up and 75# was good.

Incline Barbell Press - 85#
***Again, another challenging weight. Last set was almost a struggle.

Getting ready to head to my 2nd interview and the test. I feel very prepared but can't help but worry they will ask for something I don't know. I will do my best, that's all I can do. I'll be back later to report how it went. Please say another prayer for me!

Hi ladies. I jumped on the Low Max bandwagon yesterday. It's been ages since I've done that one. I just don't seem to be able to keep my HR up though???? Oh well, it was nice doing something different, but I was ready for it to be over with after the hour mark! LOL.

This morning was a HUGE struggle for me. I have not been sleeping well at all and last night was the worst. DH started allergy shots about a month ago, just as a caveat. I got into bed at 8:30 and read for a while. Lights out at 9:20. I dozed for an hour, then wide awake when DH and dogs came up, dozed another hour then wide awake b/c DH kept tossing, turning, and getting up. He did this until midnight. I thought maybe he couldn't sleep either, but he was turning on lights and such. He finally decided to tell me that he thought (key word) he was experiencing anaphylactic shock symptoms from his shot that morning. I think he was just working himself up into a tizzy though. I kept asking what made him think this...I feel bad for thinking it, but I think he was just over reacting. He kept saying his sinuses were worse, throats sore, tingly feet, and he was chilled. Of course he had on lightweight house pants, no socks, and short-sleeved t. Anyway, I was awake with him until about 2:30-ish. Then up again an hour later, then another hour. Finally got up to exercise at 5. I am SOOOO tired I can't see straight. BUT - got it done right????

I did LIC warmup, weights, then finished the LIC cardio only premix minus the last blast. Totally pooped out.

I sort of changed up the weights that I was supposed to do, but same concept as Debbie. 3 sets of 8 reps.

Static lunges - 70#
Stiff Leg Deads - 70#
Arnold Press - 20.5's (maybe could have done 21, but did struggle with last reps of last set)
Alternating Bicep Curls - 20's (started in hammer position and rotated wrist in at top of move)
DB Pullover - 30/33/33 (love pullovers)
Incline DB Flyes - 25's

Debbie - awesome weights today! let us know how the interview goes!

Chris & Wendy - Sounds like yesterday was a GS kind of day!

Nora - if those are the calories burned when you modify, I can't even imagine all out!!

Hi Roxie and Belinda!

I am done with Disc 20:p My upper body is still sore from Monday:confused:

Nice weights, Heather & Debbie;)

Off to the shower and eat dinner! BBL!

Test was a PIECE OF CAKE!

So much so that I'm sitting here second guessing myself. I double checked all my work, so I'm hoping I did it all right.

It was one page of 4 questions. The first two asked to allocate certain medical products in coded groups. The last two showed a picture of a check and asked which number was the routing number and which was the account number. Simple.

One sheet had all the medical stuff broken down into coded allocations to use with questions #1 and #2.

The third sheet was to set stuff up in Excel. Like "Shade E1-E13 with Yellow", or "put the total of #1 from your worksheet on A3. Simple simple stuff.

I asked when I'd hear back, she said a week. Probably means two. I have a good feeling. I did very well and she seemed pleased with what I did.

I'll be back later for personals. I'm backed up here at work now.

Good Afternoon,

Yesterday I managed to do 30 pushups and 150 crunches but that wasn't a great idea when you have a sinus infection. Woke up with a cough and runny nose but I went to work, but the bosses sent me home at noon. I am now very dizzy but I will try to get some rest. I want to try and do something tonite just not sure what, I am suppose to do Imax 2 blast mania but thats not going to happen.

Heather-sorry to hear about your night. My Dh had trouble getting comfortable but he eventually settled down.

Debbie-good job on the test and interview keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Belinda-good job on your workout today.

Checking in -

Debbie - great job on your test! Now just more waiting, huh? You know you gave it your best and it sounds like you did awesome - good for you!
Belinda - you're gonna be done with Meso 2 before you know it! How far did you make it through when you did STS before?
Heather - ugh! I hope you guys get some rest at your house tonight. Way to go getting your workout in!
Roxie - yuck! You need some warm soup and/or tea and a big soft blanket - and a box of Kleenex! Take care of yourself.
Hello to Chris and Nora, too!
This morning I did Hiit Pyramid before I left the house. Great workout!
I was supposed to have lunch with my dad, but he took a raincheck. The sun is shining here, so maybe I'll have to go for a ride with my DH when he wakes up!
Enjoy.....

Belinda - good going with Disc 20 even still being sore! Hope you can move tomorrow LOL

Roxie - pushups with a snotty nose can be messy!!!! :p

Wendy - hope you get a ride in. We have sun here finally. Super windy, but not nearly as cold thank goodness.

Debbie - the waiting part stinks doesn't it??!! At least you have a good feeling though.

Hey Girls...

Busy day today.

Today on the rotation is "Double Shot Wednesday".

This morning I did MMA: Fusion. Second time I did it and i like it a LOT. The second combination still kind of sucked (kicking through your arms in a crouched position and ending up in a sumo squat) and I can't really do it. But the 3rd combination is a BLAST! I love squatting and thrusting forward and then doing the 2 punches down and then jumping up and punching down!!

That was the first shot.

In the middle of my double shots, I took my 2 younger boys to see Avatar 3D (my 14 yr old already saw it). OMG, this movie was crazy good! My head was spinning with the amazing visual effects. SOOO cool. I'd actually go back and pay the extra money to see it again in 3D!! I've NEVER gone to see a movie twice!

Came home, my cold is getting worse. I'm sneezing out of control and my head is all congested. BUT.. I felt so determined to finish my workout!! Isn't it crazy? I mean I SHOULD have gone with Option #2, made hot tea and snuggled on the couch, but instead I went downstairs and did GS: Legs, Premix #1 (33 minutes). I do think I'm a little bent when I do stuff like that.

Belinda: Yes! You ARE getting far in STS!

Debbie: I have this feeling the job is yours! I know it's hard to get excited. I hope it is!! Nice workout, even though you're feeling sore. Do you think the lower body weight work helps or hurts your pain?

Heather: LOL @ Lowmax bandwagon! Sorry it wasn't "all that" for you, but it is good to shake it up and not do ALL high intensity ALL the time, ya know? Your sleeping sounds horrendous! Not sure how you pulled your workout off today, maybe the same "bent" way that I did? LOL

Roxie: Sorry you're sick, hope you feel better!!! Did you go for antibiotics or is it just viral?

Wendy: HiiT Pyramid is a goodie! Sorry you didn't have lunch with your dad, hope you get to ride today though. A friend of mine lives near Seattle and was showing me the weather forecast for the week, looks NICE! (50's?). Is that what your'e getting too/

Nora: Awesome how you got DH and your son to do P90X! that is too cool!! We actually got P90X for MY DH, but he's never used it. his work schedule is insane most of the time.

Better go figure out some supper....

Chris - the workout this morning is a blur LOL. It was not the best and a lot of stumbling on the step I'll admit. Hope you feel better soon. Can't believe how much YOU did sick!!

Hey Girls...

Busy day today.

Today on the rotation is "Double Shot Wednesday".

This morning I did MMA: Fusion. Second time I did it and i like it a LOT. The second combination still kind of sucked (kicking through your arms in a crouched position and ending up in a sumo squat) and I can't really do it. But the 3rd combination is a BLAST! I love squatting and thrusting forward and then doing the 2 punches down and then jumping up and punching down!!

That was the first shot.

In the middle of my double shots, I took my 2 younger boys to see Avatar 3D (my 14 yr old already saw it). OMG, this movie was crazy good! My head was spinning with the amazing visual effects. SOOO cool. I'd actually go back and pay the extra money to see it again in 3D!! I've NEVER gone to see a movie twice!

Came home, my cold is getting worse. I'm sneezing out of control and my head is all congested. BUT.. I felt so determined to finish my workout!! Isn't it crazy? I mean I SHOULD have gone with Option #2, made hot tea and snuggled on the couch, but instead I went downstairs and did GS: Legs, Premix #1 (33 minutes). I do think I'm a little bent when I do stuff like that.

Belinda: Yes! You ARE getting far in STS!

Debbie: I have this feeling the job is yours! I know it's hard to get excited. I hope it is!! Nice workout, even though you're feeling sore. Do you think the lower body weight work helps or hurts your pain?

Heather: LOL @ Lowmax bandwagon! Sorry it wasn't "all that" for you, but it is good to shake it up and not do ALL high intensity ALL the time, ya know? Your sleeping sounds horrendous! Not sure how you pulled your workout off today, maybe the same "bent" way that I did? LOL

Roxie: Sorry you're sick, hope you feel better!!! Did you go for antibiotics or is it just viral?

Wendy: HiiT Pyramid is a goodie! Sorry you didn't have lunch with your dad, hope you get to ride today though. A friend of mine lives near Seattle and was showing me the weather forecast for the week, looks NICE! (50's?). Is that what your'e getting too/

Nora: Awesome how you got DH and your son to do P90X! that is too cool!! We actually got P90X for MY DH, but he's never used it. his work schedule is insane most of the time.

Better go figure out some supper....

Good Evening girls;)

Sorry, no time for personals, I do read all of them however. Great job on everyone's workouts. If your struggling with sinus issues and take a day or a week off from working out that's fine, we want you to get well. That's what is most important.;)

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: HiiT Pyramid= 30 Min
Calories burned= 410
I didn't jump as high as I usually do on the tuck jumps, and still did the entire workout with my sore knee with the knee brace on for extra support. It helped.

P90X Back & Biceps= 52 min
Calories burned= 426

P90X Ab Ripper X= 16 Min
Calories burned= 98

Total calories burned= 936 and I feel everyone of those too today! Yikes!! I'm still sore from my accident yesterday, I tripped and fell taking the impact to my injured knee the other side of it and my neck which has seen whiplash years ago. I think I pulled muscles in my left side of my neck. Ugh! I think I'm over this injury prone stuff, let us hope so!:p

Ok seeya all at tomorrow's check in, feel better and sleep well.:):cool:

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.