Crazy stong and loving it for Feb 16, 2010

Today was cardio and I chose Low Max. Had a great workout. I did intervals 1-6. Skipped 7 because I ran out of time and I don't like it anyways. Was sweating like crazy. I forgot how hard this workout is. My HR got up to 164 bpm at some point.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 3 minutes total
1 minute below zone
8 minutes in zone
54 minutes above zone
:eek:
554 calories burned :cool:

Wasn't expecting that calorie burn! Makes me very happy! :D

Good morning Debbie.

Holy smokes,that is a nice cal burn!WTG! Maybe I should do LM instead going to the gym:p Off to my PT appointment!

Hallo to the rest of the gang!

Hi ladies. I had soooo wanted to get up and do Step Blast this morning. Slept like crap though so that didn't happen. I may do it during my lunch break though. I feel like I need to do some major damage control after this weekend of eating out. Did eat salad bars twice, but also had pizza and didn't get in my consistent, healthy snacks. Feeling blah.

Sorry to hear so many of you guys have sinus issues. Guess it's that time of year huh?!

I am happy to report that I have some good DOMS in my biceps today. I thought my legs would be more sore than they are. Of course, after sitting all day, they may very well end up sore!

Debbie - good job with Low Max. I haven't done that one in ages. I can't even remember what #7 is!

Belinda - have fun with your gym workout (or Low Max if you change your mind)

Nora - hope you heal up soon too!!

Hi to Roxie, Wendy, Chris!

Hey Girls!!!

Today for me is GS: Back Shoulders Biceps. I'm tempted to add on a little cardio after reading your posts! (Lowmax really tricks you in the beginning, making you think it's "easy"... but its SO not EASY!!).

My cold is not feeling worse. Still a little sinus-y, but not too bad after getting rid of the dryness this morning.

My boys are off from school this week, they slept in until after 8:30AM!!!

Belinda: Have a good PT!! hope it makes you feel better. I know you'll kick it at the gym today. So no more of those symptoms where you passed out? I think I had asked, sorry if I missed your response, Did the Halter Monitor show anything?

Debbie: Nice job on Lowmax!!!!

Nora: I am super impressed at your perserverence with P90X!! I got sucked into watching the informercial this morning before my boys got up. Such cool results!! Did you make any new muscles?

Heather: you did do a TOUGH workout yesterday! Hope your DOMS aren't too bad today..

*waves* to Wendy and Roxie!!!

Heather: Must have posted at the same time! Meant to tell you it was nice to find you on Facebook! I'm way addicted to it, I'm better now, I was worse...LOL!. I am sure you will get your cardio in today. I know SB is one of your favorites!... YAY for DOMS!!!!! It's strange how some leg workouts give you them, but others don't, even though they are tough. That was Legs & Glutes for me last week, NO DOMS, even though I was on fire during most of the moves. ... It's strange too, that the last 2 ab workouts I did have made my Core VERY sore. That hardly happens!..

okay, better get going before the boys fully wake up and get rowdy!!

Chris - It's good to see you on FB too! I used to be super addicted, but have also gotten better LOL. I just like to use it to keep up with friends and such. It's fun seeing your photos too!

Now that everyone is hyping up Low Max, I may "need" to do that one instead! LOL.

Heather: Must have posted at the same time! Meant to tell you it was nice to find you on Facebook! I'm way addicted to it, I'm better now, I was worse...LOL!. I am sure you will get your cardio in today. I know SB is one of your favorites!... YAY for DOMS!!!!! It's strange how some leg workouts give you them, but others don't, even though they are tough. That was Legs & Glutes for me last week, NO DOMS, even though I was on fire during most of the moves. ... It's strange too, that the last 2 ab workouts I did have made my Core VERY sore. That hardly happens!..

okay, better get going before the boys fully wake up and get rowdy!!

Good Morning,

I think I am just going to take this week of not only do I have the sinus thing going on my throat is getting scratchy and I am starting to cough, and Aunt Flo is visiting and she is being a bitch again. I just don't feel up to doing anything.

Belinda-if you do LM enjoy.

Debbie-that one is a surprising workout I just do the step only and still get a good cal burn.

Chris-enjoy whatever you do.

Heather-you should do LM instead of step blast to change things up.

Heather - I didn't like yesterday's workout too much either. I hate high rep workouts. And next week it's times 2 with the supersets. :eek:

Nora - Wow, week 12 already. Doesn't seem possible. Nice job girl! Glad to hear you will be taking a week off. I personally think you need to take a total week off and do nothing. But that's just me. :)

Roxie - 27 years! That's a long time. And I think it's great that you still make out like a couple of teenagers. Too cute! Hope you feel better soon, I think a break will be good for you.

Chris - Yes, you can have puke status workouts with weights. Actually, I seem to have them more with weight training then with cardio. Weird, I know. And I think you kept mentioning the spit that builds up in your mouth when you do a hard cardio workout. Well, after donig Imax last week and Low Max this morning, I know exactly what you're talking about!

LOL on you all wanting to do Low Max now. I'm glad I did it, it's so much fun!!!

Just a quick check in! I am finally done with my workout! I couldn't get a TC:confused: so I ended up on the TM:eek: I did CCV1, went 3.50 miles! DH wasn't done with his workout, I jumped on the TC for another mile. I will be back with personals!

Hi girls -

Chris, I did GS back/should/bis today, too. Before work this morning. It was a great workout! And I am also not feeling worse today. No plugged ears or anything. Just achy eyes and scratchy throat. My supervisor said, "maybe it's allergies". Hm..? Maybe..?
Debbie - so cool on your new Joe Rocket jacket. I'm looking for some new gear for the sport bike. I've just been wearing my cruiser boots and jacket. My husband got me new boots, but they didn't fit. And I'm looking at a jacket, I think Joe Rocket. It's called "heartbreaker" or something. It's black with green. And I need to get pants since chaps don't really go with sportbikes! Can't wait to ride!
I'm not doing any rotation, just making the rounds with my DVDs and some Netflix thrown in. My eating has been WAY better since the holidays. I've got to look good for Cathe next month, ya know!
Waves to Nora, Belinda, Roxie and Heather!!
I hope you each get rest, feel great, get in a great workout or stretch and have the willpower to EAT CLEAN!!!

Hi girls!;)

I'll just check in quick, so I don't miss Olympic figure skating.

Here's today's workout:

P90X Plyometrics= 59 min
Calories burned= 564
I had to modify like crazy to compensate for my injured right knee, so I did my best.

Belinda- I hope all went well with your PT today and that you had a great workout at the gym.;)

Debbie- Wow! Awesome job on Low Max workout today, and killer calorie burn. I remember you said your BPM got as high as 164!:eek: Was that 90% or more of your MHR? I did P90X Plyo today and mine is usally 135 BPM which is 75% of my MHR. Maybe one time hit 140bpm during the workout but that's the highest for that. Now with Cardio Coach the highest I think my BPM has gotten ever is 159 BPM = 89% of my max heart rate. Oh well, Not sure if that means I'm fit or not? Probably not with my luck.

Heather- Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you had fun doing Step Blast today, assuming you got to do it when you hoped to do it. That is a fun workout. Get some rest tonight and sleep well.

Chris- Nice workout today doing GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I think all the GS's are awesome and effective. Thanks for the kind words about P90X yes its been quite a while. I'm glad this is week 12 for me and I only have next week and I'll be done:eek: I have developed a little more muscle definition in my shoulders and back from all those push ups, pull ups, and chin ups. I've improved alot on all those exercises since those have always been areas that I'm either weak in or non existant in. I'm still not great at them but improved which is great for me. I've been doing shock cardio because I just didn't feel that there was enough cardio in P90X to suit me. I also would add either Butts and Guts floor only, or Legs and Glutes floor only to give my legs a little more emphasis. I am enjoying P90X but since being well versed in Cathe's dvds it does spoil you and you expect more, so I added some Cathe in there and I was a happy camper. P90X is fun and worth doing I think of it as a STS lite:D Its always good to mix up the workout rotations for fun so that's why I did it. I got P90X to inspire hubby to workout. He didn't want to do it but when he noticed I was still doing it and nearly done he decided he could give it a try. Also, my teenage son decided he could do it if his mom could because well he doesn't think I workout that much or am even a little bit fit. Yep, so now I got both son and hubby doing P90X, its humbled them a little I think. :p

Roxie- I understand about taking this week off when your fighting a sinus infection which is no fun. I hope you feel better and get lots of rest.;)

Belinda- WTG on the TC!!! ^^^5's you are a workout maniac like me:p:D

Ok, girls that's it for me tonight. I'm off to watch Men's figure skating short program and biggest loser. I'll probably be flipping back and forth.:D

Hugs!;):):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.