Crazy Sexy Cool Ontarians! Monday, March 2!! Yay Spring is Coming!

No bootcamp push ups for me!!:p And that was it for STS Disk 4!!:p:confused: I'm tuckered Cathe, can't do anymore!! It was good while it lasted!! LOL!! Just so everyone knows—me and my big mouth—I've decided to continue with Meso 1 as planned. But Cathe's wearing me out! I missed doing my STS last week so this week's definitely an STS Shock!!:D:confused:

Just popped in for a quick hello,

Did meso 1 Legs week 1 Sunday loved it and the new variety of exercises and I am still walking funny!!!!!!! How does Cathe and crew make those paper plates come up so smoothly :eek::eek::eek:

Be back later,

Bri:):)

Hi Everyone,
It's late here so i just wanted to check-in real quick and report i just finished Muscle Endurance. I really like this workout so i think i will take a rest from Jari this week and do this a couple of more times. I like the eye of the tiger remix. That's a good "power song" in my opinion to get you working hard.

Bri: What was that about paper plates? :confused: I don't have STS so i need someone to shed some light on that one for me.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

Elle

A quick hello to everyone since it's late!!

Tonight, I did Stepworks and Namaste Yoga's Dancing Sun. Stepworks is such a great challenge and really builds up in intensity—Cathe says something like, "Do you want to go faster?" and boy she's not joking, next thing it sneaks up on you, a real adrenaline drive!! Whoo Hoo!!:p And Dancing Sun is such a soothing flowing dance, such a lovely almost trancelike cool down. Wonderful!

Bri: Those paperplates are killers! I tried the lunge one Cathe demonstrated on Cathe TV and nearly pulled my knee. Not too safe for my knees but looks like so much fun and can kick butt.

Elle: Muscle Endurance has awesome music, really keeps you in the groove! Check out Cathe's latest TV clips she does a paper plate lunge demo. Also, check out on shopcathe STS Meso1, the clip for "STS Disc #3, Meso 1, Week 1, Legs" it has the paperplate work in it: www.shopcathe.com/STS_Mesocycle_1_12_DVD_set_p/743.htm. Be sure to specifically select the youtube clip "STS Disc #3, Meso 1, Week 1, Legs".

Goodnight everyone!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Another quick check-in since it's already past 10:30pm here. Muscles are a little sore from ME. Tonight i just did The step only of Body Fusion. Eating has been good this week. There were cupcakes at work and i really didn't even feel like having one, so i didn't! I'm still doing the stairs at work as well.

Twinkle: Glad to hear you are still doing Namaste. Thanks for the clips for the paper plates. I'll check it out when i have more time.

I hope everyone else is having a good week.

Elle

Hey guys,

I have to say, life has been a real challenge for me lately. So much stress and my workload is over the top, so I got shingles - basically, the chicken pox from when I was 4 years old coming home to roost, as it were. It's literally a huge pain in the neck. So the anti-viral that I'm on may not actually work because I was too busy to get to the doctor to get the prescription until it was too late, but in any case it's dragging my ass down. So I am adjusting my workout schedule - for the next week, only the CLX main workouts, some yoga, and cardio coach walks to work. Nothing else - no circuit training, no other cardio, no ab work. Just the basics. And let's hope I can manage that much!

I was feeling bad about everything, so to cheer myself up, I just spent $200 on Cathe workouts, which I really can't justify considering:

1. my finances
  2. all the workouts sitting on my shelf that I haven't even had the chance to try yet, only having one body and that one needing recovery once in a while

I wish I never had to work, so I could just do all the working out I want. Of course, that wouldn't exactly be a balanced lifestyle, now would it?

At least it wasn't heroin...

Hi everyone,
Another late night workout here. I just did Basic Step tonight. I'm still taking the stairs at work and i'm not really noticing it getting any easier for some reason. Not suire what that's about but i'll keep climbing. It's got to become easier one day right. I just want to be able to make it up all five flights effortlessly.

Morningstar: I read your blog about the shingles. That really sucks. I hope you recover from that quickly. As for your $200 Cathe purchase, what did you get????? At least you spent your money on something healthy! I have managed to hold off on getting any new workouts since i have a lot already that i have hardly used.

I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Elle

Elle, I got:

Boot Camp
Drill Max
High Step Challenge
High Step Training
Muscle Endurance
Tubing

And that wasn't all I wanted to get!

Hello every one,

Twinkletoes - we must be on the same work out wave length LOL !!!!!
I did Step Works on Wednesday, it was so much fun and you are so right about the intensity building. Thank goodness combo three is not any longer had just enough breath left to finish those wide lunges. I LOVE the cool down.

Elle - hope you had time to see the links Twinkletoes posted on the paper plate exercises. There are two that I remember, lunge back with back foot on paper plate as you slide back and down you place your weights on the floor. Then slide up to start, slide lunge back down and as you come up ( or try to) you pick up the weights and return to start :eek:. One other is similar but you slide one leg out to the side as you go down and place the dumb bell on the floor, and then return to start.

Morningstar - Sorry to hear about the Shingles hope you recover quickly.
Your Cathe order is awesome, you have a great collection of circuit work outs comming your way. Hope you can enjoy some pre-veiw time as you recoup. Take care let us know how your doing :):)

Happy Friday every one, going to do meso 1 week 1 back and triceps today.
Have a great week end :):):)
Bri :)

Hi Everyone!

Morningstar: I'm so sorry you got Shingles. You take care of yourself ya here! I'm praying you respond to treatment and have a speedy recovery. But don't ever put off getting your health looked after. I did that once with my eye's, I had a bacterial conjunctivitis infection in them and delayed treatment because I didn't want to stop wearing my contacts (go figure!). Well after I finally treated them, I paid for that delay with longterm damage to my eyes with allergic conjuctivitis so that I couldn't wear contact lenses OR makeup around my eyes for over 2 decades! So, always put your health as priority number one. But please don't think that this will happen to you! I'm sure you guys caught it in time! Now, this is the end of my lecture.:eek:
I'm glad you cheered yourself up with some new Cathe workouts. I'm so glad you took my suggestions. Bootcamp and the High Step one's are awesome! And Drill Max (which I can't take credit for suggesting to you though I wish I did) is the BLAST!! You couldn't have done better!!

Bri: That's so COOL that we did Step Works on the same day!!:D Great minds think alike, I must have been feeling your vibes!! LOL!! But I must confess I can only make it to the 2nd combo and that's it for me, I'm poopered. I'll know when I'm really fit like you and Cathe and crew when I can do the WHOLE of Combo 2 and then the rest of the workout — I will have arrived!! I'm going to get to those wide lunges if it kills me!!:p Do you lower the risers like Cathe for that combo?

Elle: Have you tried maybe alternating between running up a flight of steps and walking up a flight (i.e, walk the first flight, run the 2nd flight, walk the 3rd flight, run the 4th flight, etc.) That might increase the challenge enough like interval training. So that walking up them will become more effortless. Kind of like training with Cathe's Imax's and then when you go back to Cathe's more steady state step it becomes so easy.

I was going to do Cardio & Weights today but had a 2 day PMS headache so I had to pass. I was so looking forward to it too!:(:mad: I may try tomorrow but I have an outing booked tomorrow that has turned out to be longer than expected and doing the two maybe just too much for me. I HATE putting off my workouts! YUCK!

Have an AWESOME weekend you guys!!:D:D:D

For those odd people who don't read my blog :)

I have made a decision. I am leaving CLX behind. I learned some valuable things during the month I followed this program:

• I enjoy circuit training
  • I like kickboxing type cardio
  • I am completely uncoordinated for dancy-type cardio
  • I don't enjoy weight lifting programs that feel out of balance - more than one body part is worked at a time, and neither to its maximum potential
  • I don't enjoy weight-lifting programs that include moves that are very difficult to get the form down correctly and safely
  • I don't enjoy weight lifting programs that do not work a muscle to fatigue
  • I sweat a lot when doing fullbody weight lifting moves; this may lead to extra calorie burn, but it does not make me feel like I am really doing much for my fitness level
  • I really like Cardio Coach walks, and if I add 4lb weights and do upper body during the slow phases, it's a killer workout
  • I really don't seem to like doing yoga right now - I don't look forward to scheduled yoga workouts and often don't do them.
  • I prefer different warm ups and cool downs for each workout, not the same ones each time

For the next week I am going to concentrate on circuit training and cardio. After that, I'm moving on to STS. I am going to do STS with lots of cardio on off days, and my Cardio Coach and regular walks every weekday. Stretching will be done at the end of each workout, but heavy yoga will only be a couple of times a week, if I do it at all.

Why am I leaving CLX? Bottom line, I just wasn't looking forward to the workouts. I am a workout queen - I live to work out. If I consistently am dreading a workout, even though it's only half an hour, it will sabotage my efforts towards a healthier, fitter me and it really isn't the program for me. Any individual program that I use is less important than me enjoying my workouts and looking forward to the next one. Even if it was the most effective program in the world, if I don't want to do it, it won't be effective for me. What I do to work out is less important than the enjoyment. I need to do different things to stay interested. Doing the same workouts 4 weeks in a row, when I didn't like them much to begin with, just doesn't work for me.

I will keep using the cardio and the Burn Intervals, and even the ab workouts, as light as they were. But I own much better workouts for strength and I just don't believe that the metabolic resistance effects that were supposed to be happening were actually happening. I get that using heavy weights with full body movements are supposed to increase my metabolism, but it just didn't feel effective to me. And I'm not sure that this program has actually been scientifically proven to do anything of the sort. I do believe that lifting heavy (especially using large muscle groups) to fatigue builds muscle which then burns more calories both through the EPOC effect and because muscle burns more calories than fat. I just don't believe this program was building any muscle and the calories it was burning can be achieved in many other ways that feel more comfortable and safer for me.

Less importantly, Chalene Johnson was okay in small doses, although three months of her personality on a daily basis would be absolutely impossible. It's not that she's not a nice person, but you have to be able to enjoy and look forward to that person saying the same thing over and over. Cathe has that indefinable something that makes me look forward to her workouts, and even say her words out loud with her because I know them so well. For me, Chalene doesn't have that.

I'm still here... sometimes

Hi everyone,
I am still here. Well, today anyway. I just came back from a 15k run and boy was it nice out. I haven't been doing too much lately. My dad is in the hospital and they still don't know what is wrong. I am super frustrated but know that are doing the best they can.

Morningstar: Shingles??? (((((((HUGS)))))) that totally sucks. Keep strong.
Your $200 purchase made me smile, we have the same twisted logic.
I StILL haven't tried ANY of my hugh Cathe order. I will though, in due time.
Once I finishe training for this 1/2 marathon in May. I won't go one shop cathe until then. If I say it enought it might be true (lol).

Enjoy the spring weather everyone :)
Mary :D

Okay, here I am again after my first real workout since Monday. I decided to do a workout that I've had for a long time and yet have never tried, because it included step and wasn't what I thought I would like in the past. I did Body Max. And ya know? I got through it! It tweren't purty, and neither was I by the time I was done, but I did it! I don't think I can say that I did the workout as Cathe intended it to be done - but innovation is the spice of life! I kept it low impact by just not jumping, and my knees aren't hurting (so far, anyway).

I was very upset, though, by how out of shape I felt, and how much strength it seemed like I had lost. I don't know if it was because I wasn't doing traditional weight lifting for a month, or if it was because of the medication I am on for the shingles, or if it was because I hadn't lifted anything heavy for a few days. But I didn't feel comfortable. I am even worried about moving to STS in this kind of condition - and I wasn't worried about that before CLX. Even the ab work was beyond tough for me. However, I built that good condition in the past, no one gave it to me, and I can get it back - and STS will get me there. My muscles will remember what it felt like to be strong, and will respond to STS, I know. If I have to take it lighter than I thought I would, I will.

Here's my STS rotation - I'd love to get all of your opinions on it:

Monday: STS/30 min Cardio Coach walk with light weights/45 min regular walk

Tuesday: Cardio/Abs/Yoga/30 min Cardio Coach walk/45 min regular walk

Wednesday: Circuit training/30 min Cardio Coach walk/45 min regular walk

Thursday: STS/Yoga/Abs/30 min Cardio Coach walk with light weights/45 min regular walk

Friday: Cardio/30 min Cardio Coach walk/45 min regular walk

Saturday: STS

Sunday: Cardio/Abs (or rest, if necessary)

I generally have time to work out on Tuesday and Thursday mornings as well as evenings, so my workouts are more comprehensive on those days.

Thank you to everyone for the good wishes for my shingles! HDAWG, I hope your father is okay, and congrats on the 15K run!

Morningstar: thanks for the good wishes for my dad. I am off to the hospital in an hour or so.
I somehow missed reading your post about leaving CLX behind. I found your reviews so very helpful as I have been on the fence about CLX for some time. My feelings about exercise are the same as yours. I think we have very similar preferences so thanks for your honesty and taking the time to share your thoughts and revelations about the program.
Don't worry to much about finding Body Max hard. Your shingles medication certianly contributed to your strength levels. Your new rotations sounds great. No rest days unless you need it? Your stronger than I . I always take Sunday off but the last two weeks I also too a second day and that was just due to a little cold and you have shingles (impressive, I feel like a wimp).

I think that we both will really like STS, it sounds like what our bodies respond to.

BTW, did you buy Tom's book "The body Fat Solution" I saw it a Chapters and thumbed through it. Is it worth it? I also was lookign at Allen Crosgroves
"The Rule for Lifting Weight for Women" Are you familiar with it? He doesn't like cardio though but I still want to do lots of it, would it sabotage my results?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone with one hour longer of sun in the evening or perhaps one hour longer of overcast sun (LOL).

Mary:)

Hey Mary,

I'm glad you found my CLX review helpful - that's why I put so much information there. It is an expensive program, and a lot of people aren't sure it's for them. I'm glad I gave it a go, but I'm just as glad to be moving on.

I just read the Body Fat Solution yesterday. I don't think there was anything in here I didn't know, but at the same time, he put the information together in a way that was comprehensive and helpful. I think for someone that didn't have my level of nutrition and exercise knowledge, it would be a brilliant purchase. I didn't regret the purchase, but I think as an advanced exerciser (if I do say so myself, she says modestly!) I would have gotten more from Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle - but I don't like e-books and I think that's the only way that one's available. That being said, I would probably lend BFS to anyone that asks me how I lost 125 lbs. That's not how I did it, but when people ask me that question, what they are really asking for is the silver bullet of weight loss, and there ain't no such thing. (For a while, I got so sick of people asking me that that I told them I was addicted to crystal meth!) BFS is a clear, simple, but not easy, program that hits the fundamentals and makes sense.

Today I did Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred. It was good, but not great. If you are interested in a full review, I blogged about it today.

One thing I don't get - sometimes when I mix weight training with cardio, as in circuit type workouts, I get a headache. Sometimes only a light one, sometimes a debilitating one, sometimes it lasts past the workout, and sometimes it goes away when I'm done. Does anyone else get this or know why it happens?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.