Count down till my wedding :-)

millalyte86

Cathlete
Hi everyone! My name is Lauren and I'm getting married October 21, 2011 :)! I just bought my dress and am super excited! However the dress is a sweetheart strapless top which show cases my arms and back chub quite nicely lol. I have a lot of muscle however unless I'm flexing my arms just look bulky and thick.

Anyway, With the wedding just about a year away I decided to really kick my a** into the best shape of my life! I'm in good shape now. I exercise about 5-6 days a week. I focus mostly on weight training however to about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of cardio a week.

Beings I've been home sick all day with nothing to do but lay around I set up my workouts for the rest of the year on workout manager. I'm also limiting my alcohol to once a week along with diet coke habit lol. I also eat clean with the occasional cheats so I'm just really gonna be eating as clean as possible.

I'm going to post my weight and measurements next friday which will give me time to go get measuring tape and really psych myself up lol.

Height: 5'7
Frame: Large

Thats all I know so far. The dress I ordered is a size 12 with a lace up back. The woman wanted me to order it in a 14 but I thought that would be too big. The sample size I tried was a 12 and it was only slightly tight so I don't think I needed the 14. Anyway I could use all the support I can get. I'm aiming to lose around 25 lbs. Be back soon!

-Lauren

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Congratulations on your engagement :) I bet you will come down the few pounds. You may even need your dress taken in! I'm not engaged though, so I don't know if you want my input.

Here is my current situation: I was in a size 12 and then I put on about 10 pounds with some medications, I am slowly working on getting 55 pounds off. I also post with the Jogglers. So now I'm in a 14. I'm 32 years old, 5'2". I'm a single gal, so I can't offer any wedding advice. I like yoga, step, jogging (ok, that might have been obvious.) kick boxing, jump rope, and circuits.

The things that produced weight loss/added definition on my body were calorie cycling, yoga and interval workouts. Not necessarily all at once! You can try one or another.

Congratulations on your engagement :) I bet you will come down the few pounds. You may even need your dress taken in! I'm not engaged though, so I don't know if you want my input.

Here is my current situation: I was in a size 12 and then I put on about 10 pounds with some medications, I am slowly working on getting 55 pounds off. I also post with the Jogglers. So now I'm in a 14. I'm 32 years old, 5'2". I'm a single gal, so I can't offer any wedding advice. I like yoga, step, jogging (ok, that might have been obvious.) kick boxing, jump rope, and circuits.

The things that produced weight loss/added definition on my body were calorie cycling, yoga and interval workouts. Not necessarily all at once! You can try one or another.

Of course I want your input! Whats your first name? I'm hate to refer to you as just rapidbreath lol. I've just started getting more into yoga and have noticed a little more definition in my shoulders.

Anyway heres a little more info about me.. I'm 24 years old. The wedding is October 21, 2011 (I'll be 25 years old then). I'm 5'7 and my "curvy fit" size 8 jeans are TIGHT lol. Gotta get back into them because I don't have the money to be buying new clothes with having to pay for the wedding. My wedding dress is a size 12 and a little tight in the hip region. I don't have big hips at all, however, I am fairly thick in the booty area lol. I'm very much an athletic build. I gain muscle very quickly but find it very difficult to lose fat. Especially in the leg/butt area. Anyway I'm hoping that just a 5-10 lbs lose will get me back into the jeans and clothes I already have and get me through the winter.

My current mini goal is to lose 8 lbs by October 22. Thats 2 lbs a week which I think is do able. I'm going to post my weight Friday and we'll go from there. Keep the support coming!! :)

Ok, the quickest way I know of to lose fat in the lower body is to run intervals, they don't have to be extremely hard, but you want to stay at your 70 % or higher range. Just 30 min. 3x/week will make a difference in your lower body.

My name is Alisha.

Congratulations! Have fun working towards your goal. I have made some good progress since January of this year. For me it is important to have goals, but to also enjoy the process. I have actually been enjoying the challenge of eating better, and I have been loving my workouts.

Kim

Ok, the quickest way I know of to lose fat in the lower body is to run intervals, they don't have to be extremely hard, but you want to stay at your 70 % or higher range. Just 30 min. 3x/week will make a difference in your lower body.

My name is Alisha.

Thanks Alisha. I actually already was planning to do HIIT for cardio for the next month. I don't HATE that my butt is on the larger size but I'd like to slim down the "soccer legs" as they have been referred to as lol

Congratulations! Have fun working towards your goal. I have made some good progress since January of this year. For me it is important to have goals, but to also enjoy the process. I have actually been enjoying the challenge of eating better, and I have been loving my workouts.

Kim

Thanks for the congrats, Kim! Eating better is the biggest problem for me. I'm a snacker and a stress eater. But I'm working on it.

I'm a snacker/stress eater too. The trick I use is a ziploc baggie with safe foods to snack on, I bet you already do that one (since imho you are already skinny!)

I'm a snacker/stress eater too. The trick I use is a ziploc baggie with safe foods to snack on, I bet you already do that one (since imho you are already skinny!)

NOT already skinny.. trust me lol. Thats actually a really good idea! I'm gonna try doing that with almonds..

Hey guys! Its been like 5 days since I've really been watching my eating and I'm feeling better already! Except yesterday we went to a friends house for the Phillies and Eagles games and I had 2 drinks and did too much snacking and had pizza for dinner but one cheat afternoon won't kill/ derail me. Todays menu is going to go something like this..

8:45- Breakfast- 1 slice whole wheat toast
- 1 tbsp. naturally more peanut butter
- 1/2 a banana

11:30- Snack- light string cheese
- apple

1:30- Lunch- Salad- 2 cups lettuce
- light string cheese
- 1 can tuna
- 1 plum tomato
- splash of red wine vinagar

4:30- Snack- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) berries

7:00- Dinner?? Never know whats happening for dinner. We are paying for our wedding so we have to have "cheap" dinners such as whole-wheat pasta. We're italian so my fiance make a big pot of gravy every other sunday so we have that on hand like most italian families. I know pasta is alot of carbs but its cheap and easy and I'm just used to having it so I just try to watch my portions when I eat it.

Hope everyone has a good Monday! I'm a hair stylist so, like a lot of us, Monday is one of my days off. So i don't have that dreaded Monday feeling most do lol. I have dreaded wednesdays haha. I work at the salon wed-sat and do hair at home on tuesdays. My "weekends" are sunday and monday.

Have a good work week everyone!

Thinkin about cutting back carbs to just dinner. I know its best to have carbs at breakfast but I KNOW we'll end up having them for dinner since pasta is a staple for us. Just a thought..

So I was supposed to weigh in today but I was too scared to see the number. I'm expecting my period on sunday and feel disgustingly bloated a little too sensitive and emotional to get on the scale.. could be a bad scene if the numbers higher then I thought lol. So I'm putting it off till next friday.

how are you feeling?

also, if the scale is potential problem for you. ruins your whole day if its wrong number. maybe it's better to only weigh in weekly, monthly. whatever works for you. in the mean time. relying on counting cal, working your butt off, measuring, how your body feels. the scale is not the true measure of your progress.

that being said. i usually weigh daily, but my wii wi's are official. less often. it works ok for me.

how are you feeling?

also, if the scale is potential problem for you. ruins your whole day if its wrong number. maybe it's better to only weigh in weekly, monthly. whatever works for you. in the mean time. relying on counting cal, working your butt off, measuring, how your body feels. the scale is not the true measure of your progress.

that being said. i usually weigh daily, but my wii wi's are official. less often. it works ok for me.

I'm feeling pretty depressed lately. I suffer from depression and am on medication for it. However, around "that time of the month" I seem to go through days of self-loathing, exhaution, lack of motivation, and anti-socialness. Today was day 2 of the peak of this. I was supposed to go to a house warming but instead I mad up an excuss of "bad period cramps and low back pain", which is only partly true, so i didn't have to go. Now I feel bad/ guilty for not going and lonely (my fiance is away till tomorrow afternoon) despite wanting to be alone.

Anyway I'm just trying to keep the mindset that tomorrow is a new day. I haven't worked out the last 2 days because after work I just have wanted to curl up and sleep. So tomorrow, no matter how I feel, I'm going to get myself to go for a run and think positively and hope that gets the ball rolling.

And about weighing myself.. I rarely EVER do it. However I do know that when losing weight its great motivation to see the scale drop. I think I'm going to weigh myself every other week.

You could have a half serving of pasta at dinner and a double serving of vegetables.

Sorry I haven't been checking in regularly, its been kinda crazy around here.

I went for a jog this morning. I had Olive garden salad/soup for a late lunch. Its my Mom's birthday. So, on the carb front, I had wayyy too many lol. But, back on track tomorrow.

So I was supposed to weigh in today but I was too scared to see the number. I'm expecting my period on sunday and feel disgustingly bloated a little too sensitive and emotional to get on the scale.. could be a bad scene if the numbers higher then I thought lol. So I'm putting it off till next friday.

I don't weigh in close to my period either. I will weigh in a couple of weeks. Then its back to the straight and narrow.

Hi guys! I'm finally feeling better :). No period yet but it should be here any minute. I'm pretty sure thats why I was feeling so "blah" before. Anyway I'm feeling better and getting back into my workouts now. I'm looking to change up my rotation though.. right now it looks like this..

Sun- heavy leg work (standing leg work form legs and glutes and butts and guts)
mon- heavy arm work (gym style back, shoulders and biceps and g.s. back and triceps)
tues- hour of cardio
wed- 1/2 hour cardio and light arms (muscle endurance upper body and bootcamp arms)
thurs- 1/2 hour cardio and floor and ankle weight leg work
fri- off
sat- 1 hour yoga and 1/2 hour cardio

The cardio I do is HIIT running. I really wanna slim down my arms though. I do a heavy arm workout once a week and an endurance arms workout once a week. Anyone have any suggestions of a rotation they may have seen on here?

I'm also concerned about why I'm not losing weight. I tracked my calories a few days last week and they are definitely lower then I burn in a day and I'm not losing anything.

Starting a new rotation next week. Hope that helps shock my body up a little bit so I can drop some fat. Just an update. I'm working on keeping my diet nice a clean. I also ordered MMA Boxing so I'm excited for that to come!

I weighed myself today.. 177.8 lbs. Last Friday (pms week) I weighed 181.5. So this is good! My goal is to be down to 174 lbs by Friday October 22nd. Feelin good about it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.