Coolers--Hoping for a Calm Weekend

cab0899

Cathlete
Did I really tell dd that she could invite 7 girls to her birthday sleepover?? I should have listened to DH. I figured a few would be on holidays and wouldn't be able to make it :p Our house will be invaded at 6 tonight. I was hoping that they could spend some time swimming in the backyard but it's cold out. I have some crafts organized, and one game. They probably will like to play DDR and with dd's massive Barbie doll collection. I will go rent some movies for bedtime. Girls are quiet and wellbehaved, it won't be a repeat of ds's birthday sleepover a couple of years ago??
Any survival tips?

Going to go do PS Chest and whatever before kids are up. DH already left the house for his 10 mile run.
Kim

Morning All:

Well we won our BB game last night so our 1st game is at 10:30 (if we had lost it would have been 8am:p) If we win we play in the finals at 3:30, if we lose we play 3 more games to battle back. So obviously the plan is to win win win. Went out for a family breakfast and now DH and DS are off to the cottage to check over the paint job now that it is done and to shop around for hardwood flooring. My babysitter is still coming. Her Mom thought I needed her on Friday night so that is why she was calling. I guess it doesn't pay to assume:(

Went to the grocery store and got some pre-cut veggies and fruit and ice as I'm not sure when I'll have time to eat lunch today and you don't want to running around the bases on a full stomach. There is a Smoothie place near the diamond so might get a meal replacement if neded. Yum Yum.

Just quickly read over yesterdays post. Boy Kim, you must be proud of your DS for how well he has managed with his vision. I guess he is too young to have an idea of what he wants to do when he grows up? Yes, that is dental visit you'll never forget. The closest I've been to something like that was seeing a prisoner exchange at the airport when I was pulled over and held in a waiting room when flying to Las Vegas a few years ago. Security thought I was someone else as we had the same names and general description. Did you know my alias is Cherry Love? Ask Debra or Wendy if I look like a Cherry Love:D:D

Okay, have run out of time. Will check back in when I can.

I'm awake!

And the reason that I posted that in my title is because I slept almost 12 hours last night!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Feeling pretty perky this morning...well, actually afternoon now!! Poor DD had to fend for herself this morning! :rolleyes: I was going to workout today...but now I am not sure if I will have enough time! CBL and I are headed to a Panther's football game tonight and DD is staying with my mom. I may try to get a little yoga in since I skipped it earlier this week. I still have a little headache...but no nearly as bad as yesterday. I did end up doing part of KM yesterday....the warm up plus 3 combos...then I switched to CTX KB and did the arm drills and the stretch. About a 45 minute workout all together. I thought I may do legs today...but I really must get a few things done around the house!

a couple quickie personals form today....

Kim...
Good luck with all of the urchins! I had 7 little girls spend the night in May...and I haven't gotten over it yet...LOL!! No, really, it is wasn't that bad. Just beware of the drama which happens when you get a lot of females together...no matter what their ages! :eek: That was actually my only problem the whole night...a few hurt feeling tears...LOL! They played inside and out..and I found that anything scheduled really didn't need to be..they kind of did their own thing. :):) I had lots of snacks available as they ate like they hadn't eaten in a week...They watched movies in DD's bedroom and had popcorn....which I am still finding...LOL!! I am sure everything will go well...What is your poor DS going to do while his house has been invaded by a bunch of screaming girls?? Oh!! Earplugs may be a good thing for the rest of the family since the pitch of their little voices is amazingly high!! :p

Patricia (aka Cherry Love)...
Loving the new nickname!! Is that what DH calls you when he is in an amorous mood???? ;) I imagine in the right outfit you could be Cherry Love! :D Have a blast at your BB game! Glad your team is doing so well!! :) Good your baby sitter is all lined up...I always hated it when a sitter couldn't make it. Now I have my mom...and she will want DD even if she has something else going on!! Hope the boys are having a fun time at the cottage...and have a nice healthy smoothie for me!! DD loves smoothies!! Always the berry ones for her.

Okay...I have to get going with a few things around the house...including feeding my poor daughter. I hope to get back later to catch up with yesterdays personals...but don't hold your breath. LOL! :eek:

Love you all!!!!

I am exhausted!!! Got up at 8, left for my massage around 9. Patti worked on me for two hours. LOVE HER!!! She is soooo good!!!!!!!! Everyone should have a Patti in their life!!!:D Fought traffic, got lost, encounted detours, and a few delays on my way home from Patti's house. Why did she have to live near the city?!?!?! My neighbor greeted me as soon as I opened my car door. Chatted with her forever. Then Phil had to leave for a service call. :( I can't get him to work out the trigger points on my glutes till later. Yes! I know I'm spoiled!:p Really... a massage helps me become more aware of what spots need worked.

Anyhow, I'm home. Going to take a nap.

Quickly...

Kim: Better you than me.:p;) Have a great time. You're a good mother to deal with other people's kids overnight.:D Wish I had some advice for you. But, we don't do sleepovers. Sorry!!! I'm almost positive they won't kill you. You might want to be on the safe side, don't go to sleep. You just might wake up all diva'd out like Debra's diva did to me!!!! :eek:;)

Patricia: Who's Cherry Love?

Debra: How and why would you know Cherry Love? Will you feed your child already! Dang! You're lazy!!! :eek:It's not like she eats like my twins!!! :p:D;)

Okay, off to take a lovely nap. Hopefully, dh will be home when I awake.

Wendy

Last edited:
Well, the house is all nice and tidy because the 7/8 yr old girls will care if the kitchen floor is clean or not, LOL. Maybe if the house was a mess, the parents wouldn't leave them here. We're decorating t-shirts for a craft and since the new carpet is coming Tuesday, we'll do it on the basement carpet in case anyone spills. Maybe we'll just paint the carpet too, LOL

Jeanette, There always seems to be drama going on at your workplace, do we get to hear the story of what happened? Hope you're enjoying your trip to Reno. DS is a very interesting child but I think it does have to do with all the medical issues he has gone through combined with dealing with the death of his younger brother and a grandfather he was very close too. He matured very quickly into a very serious/empathetic kid. My dd is a very typical kid 8 yr but ds is a bit unusual as has been mentioned many times to me.

Patricia- CONGRATS on the bb win! Good luck today! Have fun! Who the heck is Cherry Love??:confused: DS is going to be the goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs when he grows up, of course.

Debra I think ds is wondering what he is going to do tonight as well! I need him to hang out and be our "technical advisor" to hook up the Karoke Wii and the DDR on the playstation. LOL My sister will bring her 2 little boys (ages 1 and 5) by for a couple of hours so they can be a part of the party so he needs to entertain them as well. He doesn't seem to be impressed by this plan but he will do it.
Glad that your are feeling better, that first week of school really wiped you out! Have fun at the football game!

Wendy I gotta ask, who looks after the kids while you are out getting massages, and having naps? Or are they all old enough now to fend for themselves?? I haven't heard you mention homeschooling lately have you got back into after you vacation? Do you homeschool all 5 that are still at home?

Kim

Got my nap.:) Dh was home when I woke up.:) Got him to massage my glutes:) hamstrings:) and calves:). Life is good.:):):)

Kim...
I once read to wait until after company leaves before cleaning the floors because they wouldn't notice. Yeah, right.:rolleyes: Only if they're 7 or 8 year olds!!!:D It sounds like I get massages all the time. I think last real massage was a month ago!!!:( Normally, I get a massage once a week. I'm going to get them every two weeks. I'll still see Patti every week. On the weeks where I don't get a massage, she'll mentor me while I give someone else a massage. I try to schedule my time with her when Phil is home or my neighbor can watch the girls. They are old enough to wake me up when I take a nap! You can ask the Retreaters, I'm a light sleeper.:D The twins had lazer surgery on their eyes from their premature births. Then one of my twins and eldest dd had surgery to align their eye muscles when they were preschoolers. I think that should be all the eye surgeries for now unless eldest dd decides to do Lasik when she's older. You can ramble all you want. Goodness. I do it ALL the time!!!!:D Have fun with painting the carpet red!!!

Debra...
I just read your personal to Kim. Amen to the drama regardless of age!!!:D BTW, I read your comments page. Memo: It's public!!!! Just a friendly reminder.:D;)

Jeanette...
Is the chaplin smuggling or using? Allegedly!!!! No! I'm not going lighter with the weights. The only weight Cathe uses on that particular premix is 8 pounds which is why I don't recommend that premix. LOL Thank goodness you weren't mad at me for yesterday's post. You can always tell me to stop rambling! Debra does it all the time!!!:D Hope you're not too sore today from moving pavers!!!

Okay ladies, on the agenda for tonight's late night workout...
PT exercises and Shiva's Lunar Flow
I'd like to do a circuit premix for tomorrow too.

Have a great weekend!!!

Wendy

Hi,
Back from Reno getting the pavers. They were darned heavy, almost 9,000#. We put 2 pallets on the flatbed trailer and one in the bed of the pickup. Made it home okay. A co-worker friend of DH's came over with his BIG backhoe and lifted them off and moved to the patio area. That sure saved a lot of work hauling them around to that side of the house. We will finish this project 2 weeks from now. Next week will be camping for the grasshoppers.
2.gif

Today's workout was 3 combos from Rhythmic Step, then stretched afterwards.

Helping DH right now get ready for our 4-wheeler ride with some friends tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a weight workout in before we leave. We're meeting them for breakfast, then on out to the forest.

Kim, a clean house I don't have right now. I did put the dishes away for a change and folded clothes AND made our bed. I need to vacuum and dust too. Laundry is all pretty much caught up. I'll find out what the scoop is on the Chaplain on Monday. I fear there is much more than what he told me. Enjoy the party tonite!

Wendy, not sore at all from the pavers, but I'm thinking in a couple of weeks, I will be. I had originally picked out a 4x8 paver, but completely changed my mind when I got there today. They are much bigger than that so each will weigh a lot more. I'm excited about starting, but we need a full weekend because of renting a compactor and next weekend will be camping. Your post yesterday slapped me back to reality. I always know that my DH loves me no matter what my weight is, I just had hoped the work was paying off more in at least looking like I worked out my legs. Oh well, he did say that my calf muscles flex when I pedal my bike. He was trying to get on my better side again :rolleyes:. I'll let you know about the Chaplain later. Sometimes you think you know someone and BAM.

Debra, glad you got a good sleep in. I know I've been lacking in that dept. lately. Just can't seem to get to bed before 10 and I get up at 3. This warm weather just makes me so drowsy in the afternoon
3.gif
. Hope you enjoy the Panther game tonite.

Patricia, who is Cherry Love??? Shopping for stuff for the cottage sounds great! What colors paint was used? Glad you get to go to the party tonite and your DH can go and not babysit.

DH is outside BBQing some chicken wings to take on the 4'wheeler ride tomorrow
6.gif
. We also take cheese, salami, chips and beer. No wonder my legs don't look good..:eek:

Hi all!! Just stopping by to say hello. We had a great time at the game last night...since the Panthers crushed the Redskins!! :D We were back in town relatively early...but then we decided it would be a good idea to go to this local little redneck bar :eek:...so we didn't get home until pretty late...LOL! :eek:

I ended up doing Eoin's Pure and Simple yesterday....it was just what I needed....a very mellow slow yoga routine. Fabulous! :) I am not sure if I will get a workout in today or not...I have some psychology to read today, I need a nap, I have laundry to do, dishes to wash, and my uncle's 80th birthday is today, so we are all going out to dinner. I don't know if I can fit in a workout with all of that...LOL! :rolleyes:

Just a couple of quickie personals...

Kim...
Hope you survived the night of hormones!!! And hope DS did too!!!;)

Jeanette...
Glad you are taking a break from all of that hard work to go camping! All grasshoppers need their fun! :p

Wendy...
Sounds like you had a nice day of being rubbed!!! :) I have been very conscious of my public and private messages...LOL!! You just don't see how bad I am with the private ones...LOL!! :p I am hoping to get back on my regular massage schedule again since DD will be back at school full time starting on Tuesday. I need to find a new therapist, though, as mine has moved...How dare she!:mad:

Okay...gotta run for now...I will be back this evening to check back with you guys!!

Sounds like everyone is having a nice weekend! I want to join Jeanette for her ATV ride, the picnic she packed sounds yummy!

We survived the sleepover. There were 6 girls in the end. The first 1-2 hrs were chaos becuase they were so excited and hyper. After they calm down though it was fine. They even swam even though it was only 10C out. They were sleeping by about 12:30 and didn't get up till almost 9 this morning.

Just finished Rhythmic Step which is always fun, the time goes by so fast because I have to concentrate on the steps.

DS has a football game this afternoon. Then it's time to work,work!! I probably won't be online for a couple of days, got to move all the furniture from the basement to the first floor (including the computer desk and computer) and rip up the old carpet. I doubt we'll hook the computer up while it's upstairs. The new carpet comes Tuesday.

Kim

My poor baby boy was injured in a tackle at the football game. He was taken off by stretcher, we took a ambulance to Children's Hospital. He fractured his fibula/tibia, he's a temporary cast from hip to toe and we're going back tomorrow morning to see the surgeon.

Just popping on to say goodnight!! I tried logging on for about an hour with no luck...so now it is late and I must hit the hay!! :rolleyes: I ended up doing most of the X legs workout (I skipped a few sets of lunges when I could feel my buttocks acting up) and one section from the Shiva Core Abs dvd. :) Hopefully my butt/leg issue won't resurface.

Hope everyone has a good night...You will be proud of me for completing all of my school assignments in plent of time! :D

Oh no, Kim!! Your poor little guy! My goodness, that sounds like a vey serious break. :(:(:( After he has already been such a good trooper with all of his stuff!!! I hope things go well at the surgeon tomorrow.

Hugs to you and your family!

Kim,

OMW! That sounds so painful!!!! After everything he's been through, he's has to deal with this! I'm so sorry. It must have been scary!!! HUGS!!!!!

Wendy

Just getting on here now. I had planned on working out this morning, but overslept. Got showered and we met our friends for breakfast. We had a nice time out riding and showing them around the forests and meadows. We also went up to a Forest Service lookout. We got back around 4:00. This evening, I golfed 9 holes and had a nice relaxing time. Played pretty well with some nice drives (lining up the pink arrow on the driver with the ball, according to my DH/Coach :rolleyes:). Tomorrow will be my weight workout instead of my rest day. Also need to grocery shop after work for camping this weekend. Also have my retainer fitting appointment at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow).

OMG, Kim!!! Your poor son!! Makes me feel soooo bad when kids get hurt. I hope that he's not in much pain. Did you find a good surgeon? Please give him a hug for me. Guess that mean his other surgery will be postponed? Think that one was coming up tomorrow?

Debra, glad you had a great time at the game. You and CBL do so many fun things together. What a great partner you've got there. Love his accent too! No procrastinating on the schoolwork for you. You are going to be the class pet again. :D

Must go now, pleasant dreams,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.