Coolers First Thread of 2009

cab0899

Cathlete
Just starting us off on a fresh thread.

My legs are a bit sore from BM2, today's workout will be a 35 min interval workout and CM1. Not much on the agenda today, might go to mall to pick up my Lululemon pants that were being hemmed. DD and I are going to a magic show this evening that is a fundraiser for the firefighter's burn fund.

Good morning,
Today was 35 minutes of Tracy Staehle's HISMII, then 25 minutes of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio (Hi-Lo). Next will be shower and taking down decorations.

Kim, I'm in with you for Cathe's January rotation, but I'll start on Tuesday. I'll have to keep the workouts at no more than 60 minutes though, I think that BMII is a long one, isn't it? I'll just do the best I can. Have fun at the magic show!

Again another quiet day for us. Some grocery shopping and maybe dd and I will stop by my mom's. Mom washed all the old barbie and doll clothes that my sister's and I had when we were kids and she wants dd to come have a look to see if she wants anyone of it before she gives it away.

The schedule is for GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps which I will do. DH expressed interest in doing it with me so will wait till he is ready to do it with me.

Tons of snowing falling so probably will help DH with some shovelling later too.

Good luck with BM2 Jeannette that is a tough workout! If you 60/90 minutes what will you cut??

Kim

Evening Coolers

Well, home after a 6hr drive. Roads were bare and it was sunny so all good. Done a few loads of laundry and DS is now bathed and having a small bowl of pot. chips before bed. Have not decided if I'll w/o as sitting in the car just seems to ware me out:(

Yesterday I did Slim Series Firm it Up - a LB w/o - only 35min then went on to Cool it Off which is 1hr long stretching. Was hoping CLX would be in my mail box but no such luck:(

Kim - wow, BM2? You're my new hero if you did the whole thing. I really like the timesaver cardio on that one. I think it was my 1st ever Cathe DVD.

Jeanette - I wondering if you cut out the UB since you will be doing GS later this week.

The Jan. rotation looks like fun.

Might go out for a snow mobile ride tomorrow and will have to get in some sort of cardio. Got my decorations down before we went away so all that is done now so Sun. can be a good rest day before the reality of going back to work sets in. I already counted the weeks to our Florida trip in Feb - 5.5wks:D:D

Take care,

Hi Girls,
No workout for me today. Went down to the valley and golfed instead. It was freezing down there and freezing and golf don't mix for me. I didn't golf very well. There was this breeze going on that just made it colder. Anyway, DH went with me and we had a nice lunch out afterwards (Mexican food). Last night's dinner out with DS and GF and DD and SIL was very fun. Everyone enjoyed themselves!

Patricia, I too feel worn out sitting in a car. I just came home and took a little nap while the house warmed up. I'll have to take a look at BM2 to see what I could cut down on. How was the snowmobile ride? We saw several on our way down to the valley.

Kim, maybe I'll cut some of the cardio in BM2. If I remember right, that warmup goes on and on and on. Is your DH still planning on doing the marathon? That's neat that he wants to work out with you. I was just pleased my DH went down to golf with me. We got a cart instead of walking, but I wish we had walked instead. I think he had a better time than I had. Oh well, that's how it goes sometime.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. I still have 2 days off before going back on Tuesday. Monday the carpet cleaning guy is coming so I'll be moving furniture.

Hi Coolers,
I did BM2 today, yes, in it's entirety!!! That's one long workout. I probably won't work out in the morning as it's my rest day, plus, I have the carpet cleaning guy coming at 8 a.m. Need to get DH to help me move a few couches over tonite.

It's a beautiful sunny morning. Need to get showered and clean up some stuff. Maybe a bike ride later if it warms up?

Hi to everyone,

Busy day here! Did Imax 2, then off to church, out for lunch and then for a surprise 40th birthday parthy for a friend from high school. I wonder how many 40th parties we will be invited to this year. :rolleyes: DH and I met in high school and still have lots of friends from then and we're all turning 40 this year.

It's so cold here. In the -40's just never feel completely warm (except during IMAX 2). DH put a stew in the crockpot this morning before we left so just relaxing this evening getting ready for a very busy week back into reality. The kids go back to school tomorrow, piano/dance etc get going again. DS has 2 doctor's appts this week :rolleyes: I have an intern from the university starting at work tomorrow. She will be supervised by me and another therapist for the next 8 weeks, I hope she is good and doesn't cause me too much stress!

Jeanette ^^'s to you! Is that the first time you did BM2 in it's entirety? I like that workout, it's just so long. Hope you have some time to enjoy your day off tomorrow! DH is planning on doing the full marathon this year but it's not till June, but he has ran a little over the holidays. He was so sick in November/December that his training really got sidetracked so he had to start back at the basics. He is training alot but he really wants to try and make his Boston marathon time. His boss has said the if he qualified he would pay for his trip to Boston.

Patricia You're not onto counting the days yet? We have 326 days till our next trip:eek::eek: It was funny, the friend whose 40th birthday we were at today was in Orlando the same days as us and we didn't know that. Are you thinking of doing Cathe's January rotation??

I might do CoreMax 2 later just to get ahead start on tomorrow, the Jan rotation calls for Leaner legs/CM2. It's going to be a busy day with work and piano lessons though. I'm going to start a checkin for those doing the Jan rotation if anyone wants to join in.

Hope everyone is keeping warm!
Kim

Forgot to say that I like your new picture Jeanette! You both look so happy when was it taken?

Thanks, Kim. That picture was taken for my 50th birthday in November of 2008. We all went out to dinner to celebrate. I'm planning on starting STS in February. Maybe we can all do it together? I know one of the hardest things for me is to eat cleaner. I have cut back on cookies at work, but did have one yesterday on our way back from the valley. I'm such a sucker for cookies. I know I have a bit of muscle but it's hidden under my lower body fat. And believe me, I'm not exaggerating. That BM2 workout IS a long one. My muscles were really fatigued when I got done. Haven't felt that way in a while. My HRM showed i burned 405 calories, but who the heck really knows?

Kim, do you know anything bout repetitive injuries of the forearms due to typing on computers? I was doing some reading today. I have soreness in the tops of my forearms (palms down) below the crease. This soreness doesn't seem to go away. I need to get a raised pad for my wrists on my work computer as I don't think I am set up right. When I massage those muscles, they are very sore, though they don't bother me at all if I don't touch them. If I take a gallon of milk out of the fridge from up higher, they talk to me. Wonder if I can ever get rid of that soreness. They've been that way for quite a long time, but I was thinking that I injured them while learning to golf.

No bike ride for me today, just felt too chilly and a little windy. I can do cold and I can do a little wind, but not together. Just sitting here in the house next to the woodstove. DH and I went shopping today. The $$$ sure adds up for just a few items we needed.

Gotta run,

Good Sunday Evening Coolers

Well, finally this afternoon got off the couch and did the Cardios from 4DS - LIS & HIS (minus about 10min) then Stretch Max - segment #3 with the resistance bands. Never got outside at all and can't even blame -40. We're only around -15 I think:D

After dinner started cleaning up DS's toy room to purge and sell/give away. Took pictures and will post them on Kiijii (sp?) so today wasn't a total lost.

Kim - I really like the look of the Jan rotation but I'm still trying to rest my right arm/shoulder. I've ordered CLX and if it comes in time I might be able to do 4 weeks of that b/4 vacation (as long as my arm holds out). I've started icing it at night and that seems to help. I just figure STS won't come in enough time b/4 my vacation to even try and start it - hmm, unless I double up some of the weeks..... I'm just really liking the 30-45 min w/o times these days. You've reminded me a have 2 new co-op students starting tomorrow that I'll have to sign on 1st thing. Nothing like not being able to ease into my 1st day back:p I might join you on LL tomorrow as I have LB scheduled and I like that one.

Jeanette - yes, nice new Avatar. Do you have Stretchmax? B/C segment #3 with the resistance bands stretches the forearms pretty good. I know from using the mouse all day (and night) my forearm/wrist really tightens up too but I don't think I've had any issues with lifting anything yet. I saw that you didn't have great weather for your golfing:(

Okay, off to see what I sell or give away.

Jeanette, it does sound like it could be a tendonititis of the wrist extensors. Having a look at your computer setup would be a good first step. Gotta go to work.:(

Good Monday Evening Folks

Well, all back to normal now after the holidays. Glad I checked my emails periodically so it wasn't too bad this a.m.

Got a late start on my w/o tonight so instead of doing Leaner Legs and I did GS - Legs - Timersaver #1 which is 33 min. then popped in Kathy Smith's Tummy Trimers and did 10min on the stability ball.

Posted some ads last night to get rid of DS toys and have been responding to some queries so hopefully by the end of the week a few things will be gone. Just have to arrange it so that DS doesn't see it or hope that he doesn't get upset.

DH was really snoring last night so had some difficulty getting to sleep so will try to head there now and see if I can catch on some lost sleep..

Take care,

Good morning,
Today was GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Yesterday I was home due to the carpets getting cleaned. They look much nicer now. In the afternoon, I did the step from Christi Taylor's Cardio Collectibles, then did the 1st segment of Coremax.

Patricia, bummer about the snoring. Hope you can find homes for those toys. Hmmm, I have Leaner Legs on the schedule for tomorrow. Yikes, not one of my favorites.

Kim, today I'll go to the IT folks and check out what kind of wrist supports I should be using for my keyboard at work. Will probably be a hectic day today for me. I'm already looking ahead to when Martin Luther King's birthday holiday is for us. It's later this month.

Great workouts, everyone!

Morning Coolers,

Well I'm finally out of the e-mail nightmare! Had a wonderful time off, and we had a little time off of the techno gizmos for a while after Christmas. It was hard, and I did relent on the oldest DD because otherwise all I got was attitude! :rolleyes:

Today my workout was the first segment of Stretchmax, and will head to the gym after work for legs & abs.

Jeanette, Just wanted to say that you pic is very cute. I'm getting bored with mine so might change it at some point too.

Patricia, Our drive up north was not the best, but the drive back was all rain. Only part I didn't enjoy was the fog! Right now our driveway is still an ice rink, in the places the sun can't get to. So I have to be very careful when pulling out of our driveway. You are getting CLX, do you have some workouts already from Charlene?

Kim, Did you find out if anyone is doing the Jan rotation? I will have to look at it. Sounds tough if it has LL/CM together! Doesn't LL have an ab workout in it? :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Guys, I'm so excited. CLX is in the HOUSE! and they don't look defective like a lot of reports. Well the Kitchen Clean-up and Basic Teaching Form one has a scratch on it but it seems to play fine.

I'm going to try and take this seriously and even take a B/4 picture..... I'm hoping the slow and controlled lifting along with keeping good form will not aggravate my arm as I can't wait to start this.:p Will review all the material tonight and hopefully start the 1st disc Wed. night.

Hey Laurie - glad to see you back. Sometime you need a break from computers that for sure. I got 2 books for Xmas and need to fine some time to start them.

:(:( No stat. holidays for us Canadians until Feb. :(:(

Evening Coolers

Wow, what a night. At 5pm I got invited out to curl as another team couldnt' show up so my co-workers team asked me to come out to help make up 2 teams of 3 to play just for fun. I used to curl a bit 10-15 yrs ago so it was fun to get out. Its amazing how it all comes back to you. About 3 of the guys who I was playing with just started this year so it was fun to play with no pressure as none of us were really any good:D:D

So no time to read over the material on CLX. Need to get in a good stretch and ice my arm so the sweeping I did tonight doesn't aggravated it. That was my main concern.

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening.

Yay, Laurie's back!

Yesterday, I didn't get my workout done. Had every intention to do it after dd's piano lessons but came home and DH had let ds invite friends over to watch the gold medal hockey game (GO Canada!) so my basement was full of 11 year boys who didn't leave until 9:30. So got LL done tonight, sure felt hard today for some reason!

Patricia Hope your arm is better soon! I can see curling really being some that would aggravate it. I work with many curling obsessed people but don't curl myself. DH bought home tickets to the curling finals this weekend but I don't think anyone of us are really interested. Whatever happend to the P90X rotation that you were going to do???

Laurie I'm glad that you had a nice Christmas! I did get a Jan rotation check in going with about 4 people, please join us if you like. Yeah, LL has abs on it so I thought it was odd to add on CM2 so I moved the CM to a day earlier, after IMAX 2.

Jeanette The other thing you could try is wearing a wrist support for heavy activity for a couple of weeks to see if you could settle down the inflammation. Maybe ice after heavy activity as well.Is it sore only with activity or even at rest?
I would love to do STS together, did you see Cathe's post about a 6 month rotation? I guess she wanted to do it as a 6 month program but thought most people wouldn't do a rotation than long and so she changed it to 3 months. Seems like she recommends the 6 months, something to think about. Did you see that she is going to do STS with everyone?

Anyone watch TBL tonight?
Kim

Morning Coolers!

Today was Imax2. I was thinking it was Leaner Legs, but that's tomorrow. I did all of Imax2, except the 3rd blast (genie hops). Tonite is my weekly bike spin session.

Kim, I think that's cool that 11 year old boys watch a hockey game together. Kim, my forearm isn't sore for most activities at all, only when I push on the muscle and when holding weight out in front of me, or grabbing heavy things. I'm planning on doing the 6 month rotation, starting in February. I'll wait until you get it, then we can start, if you like. I think that's great that Cathe will be doing it with us.

Patricia, that's super that you got your CLX system! Can't wait for your report after the 1st one tonite! Sending good vibes to you that you can modify for your injury. Bet that was fun to go curl. You seem to like team sports or social sports. I'm the same way.

Laurie, Kim and I are doing the January rotation. I'm still on my first week. Glad you got home safe and sound, we missed you here. Be careful with that ice! Thanks for the picture compliment. Are you going to do STS too?

Morning All

Nice lovely day here. We're getting a bit of snow, so its warmed up enough for that!

Kim - I hear it was an exciting hockey game and its in Regina / Saskatoon next year too. I just wish they made the tickets more affordable:( I got about 5 weeks into my P90X rotation then gave up as I couldnt' even roll over in bed as my arm was just killing me that much. I've lean't it out to someone here at work. With CLX and STS don't know when I'll get back to it again.

Jeanette - luv luv luv sports. I just have to be careful to not be too bossy as I like people to play intelligently (ie understand the stratey of the game) and sometimes people don't like being "told" how to play. I'm competitive only to the extent I want people to play smart but have fun at the same time.

I'm thinking the 6mo rotation for STS sounds good to me too. It makes sense to get another go-round at the same disc to better gauge your weights. Also will make it easier for those (i.e. me) that won't do the 1RMs I would think:D:D

Last edited:
Morning!

Todays workout is chest & triceps, this will probably be at home. To much to do tonight. I could have gotten this workout done this morning, but I woke up with a bad sinus headache.

My youngest DD told me last night that another girl is body slamming her, and calling her a whimp. I told DD it was ok to tell her teacher, because they have a policy at school against this type of behavior. She did a demo on me, and it hurt! :mad: Apparently this girl wants DD to be her friend, but this method is not working. :rolleyes:

Patricia, Sounds like the curling was a lot of fun, and good that there where others on the team that could relate. LOL! Oh Patricia I am like you on the 1RM. :eek:

Kim, I saw the tread about the 6 month rotation. It really didn't sound that bad to do it that way. Wonder if I could stay on the same rotation for that long! :rolleyes: I did the 90 day thing three times. :eek: I wonder how long it will be before they get the downloads up and running, because I would like to do these workouts at the gym. I watched TBL last night, and I think this had to be the unhealthiest bunch they have ever ever had!:( The one Dad/Son with the brown shirts, we all just said Ewww when the Dad took his shirt off. :eek:

Jeanette, Yep I will be doing the STS thing, but like I said I would like to have the downloads for the gym (which was just a crazy place last night with the amount of people there!). This is starting our 3rd month, and I have never seen that many people at the gym before!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.