Controlling the Damage on Monday (from SundaY!) :)

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I can't believe this is my 4th morning up in a row. Atleast yesterday morning I did'nt get up until 7. I have to work a few hours this a.m for my coworker who has a speech appt for her son. The new owners are suppose to be arriving today (for the 3rd day) and one of us needs to be there. So I am just working from 9-12 but thought it would be wise to get my workout 1/2 over with b/c when I get off, I will have tons of stuff to do around here, plus I may take DS out to play in the snow. I will also need to get STS in some time tonight or this afternoon. It will make it alot easier breaking it up like this.

So how much damage did everyone do yesterday? Nothing special happened here so no damage to control. The last 2 nights I have been successful in not picking before bed. I haven't been that good in that dept in the last week:confused: It only take a time or two and I will be good to go again.

I will bbl, happy Monday everyone!:eek:;)

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Not too much damage for me yesterday either. I had a tiny bit of tortilla chips w/queso, 1 mojito, and 1 small piece of cake.

This morning I should be doing Disc 13, legs. It's been snowing and I will have to give Jerod a ride to school so I don't have time to w/o, shower, get him to school and still make it to work on time. Hopefully I can make it up tonight, if not it will have to be tomorrow.

I did have time to put a roast in the crock pot this morning. :D It's nice to know that dinner will be hot and ready when we all get home tonight!

bbl

Morning Ladies ...

YAYAYAYAAYAYAAYYAYA The SAINTS WON!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO :eek::eek::D:D:D .. WTG Saints!!!! It is gonna be Marti Gras for a WHILE in New Orleans!!! :eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

Had a good weekend .. FRI night met VBF and did Athletic Step ..was my first time .. some of the moves were tricky .. my feet just dont want to move certain ways .. I know from teaching step for sooo long .. it is funny how I have "trained" my body to do certain moves and when I do a tape that moves the opposite to what my USUAL move is it blows my mind! :p but it was fun! SIL went to Zumba .. said it was packed .. she sweated a bunch .. said it was fun .. but nothing something she would pay money for .. LOL!! SAT SIL and I did Insanity disc 2 .. :eek: .. we were shocked at how much easier it was :D . . yes we both still were pouring sweat .. but it is sooooo much easier than it used to be!! :D SUN DH FINALLY got off long hours .. so we went out!! Had a nice time together!!

Wendy .. congrats on making it thru your first full week .. and paycheck straight ahead woohooo!! We get paid every 2 weeks .. wich is the best way to get paid I think!! My DB gets paid once a month .. I dont see how he does it!!

Lori .. SIL finally got her hiney off her shoulders .. she didnt want to .. sometimes I have to MAKE her get over it ... we get along great .. she is like a best friend and a sister .. but let PMS monster hit :confused: and I have to kinda bite my tongue :confused: what gets me is I can tick her off and not even know I did it .. and she pouts ... then I have to back track to figure out WTH I said or did .. ugh ... not me .. I just put it right out there for all know :p lol!! You will never be in doubt if I am ticked or not :p

Di .. let us know when you do the new stair thing ... the gym had a new TM (the TM are all old) .. and I bout fainted when I got on the new one the other day .. felt so smooth and had all kinds of programs that I couldnt figure out on it .. LOL

Jacque .. who were you rooting for in the Superbowl??? I am sooooooo glad the Saints won .. WOW .. what a cinderella story!!! That is why I love football!!!!! Our weather is back to winter again .. gues the stupid groundhog was right .. MORE winter .. this morning it was 28 degrees .. more rain to come in tonight .. then WED and THURS temps to fall back down to 26 .. then SNOW possible by FRI??? :confused::confused: then weekend highs will struggle to get out the 30's!! YIKES!!!

SOOOOO .. today at lunch I am gonna do another power walk while the sun is out ... then tonight I am teaching all step!! :D and DH will be home when I get home .. woooohooooooo bless his heart ... he was at his breaking point SAT .. 16 days w/o a day off and 8 days on 12 hour nights .. AND this was to be his long weekend ... was hoping he wouldnt blow his top and loose it at work ... LOL .. but he made it!! Ok .. have a great one!:D

Hi Girls!

I am fearful that I am turning into a witch! You can replace that w with a b if you want. Here are the 3 things that ticked me off today:

1) I tell my boss yesterday to call me if anything changes with the new owners coming today b/c if they aren't coming, Im not coming in....which means I don't have to get up early. I get up early, workout, call work, no answer, I call again and my boss tells me that the new owners are coming tomorrow:mad: Did I NOT tell him to call me if anything changed? The thing that irritates me is that he probably knew that last night.

2) I tell him that I am going to pop up to work in a little while and I ask him if he can do a check out for me. I go to work and he is clearing up snow in front of the building....no check to be seen! I am sooo pissed! I could wait for him to come in but I don't know how long that is going to be. Both of those things were enough to make me realize that I am looking forward to some new ownership in this joint! We are at his beck and call and he can't even take 2 sec to write a check for me? Or to call me and tell me the new owners aren't coming?

3) On my way to work I get a email on my bb its from my SIL , inviting everyone to a farwell dinner for the lady that lives with me. What place do they pick? A place I don't care for and they know it? All you can get is pop and beer there.I know it was my SIL and MIL who picked the place and they both know Im not fussy. My response to the email was PD? (pizza delight) you can't even get good drinks there. I haven't heard from her since but there is only a handful of ladies going so you would think that they would have asked our family friend where she wanted to eat....which probably would have been the place I wanted to eat:p

Todays workout so far was 30 mins on the TM and 40/20. DS and I just came in from outside making snow men. I am starting to get lazy now though.

Diana** Hopefully you will get your workout in tonight and Its always nie when supper is ready when you get home....just ask my DH! LOL He has got in to good lately.

Laura** Ugh....thats along stretch of work for your DH! No wonder you thought he was gonna lose his mind. I didn't watch the super bowl, we watched some curling that was on:)

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Good Afternoon Girls!

It's that time again! :)

Never got around to posting this morning though I have no idea why as I was up 30 mins early this morning! :eek: Anyway, my work out this morning was GS Biceps (can you say OUCHEES!?) and then HiiT DWP. I am due for 40/20 but didn't feel like pulling out my step and I knew DWP didn't use one. I will do 40/20 next time! No DOMS from GS back and I admit to being disappointed. Wonder if my bi's will hurt tmrw? I am liking the briefness and intensity of doing 1 bp a day with GS and then following it up with some kick butt cardio so hopefully I will stick to it for 3-4 weeks before changing up. I was considering, though, throwing in an f/b endurance work out weekly just for fun though. It'll make my rotation last a little longer but I think it will help to keep me on track by having something different to do each week! I'll see how it plays out.

That's all for now. I'll catch up with personals tonight after DH goes bowling and DS goes to bed.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :)

Here is the rotation I've worked out for myself. The body parts may not happen in this exact order and if I am short on time or something I may skip some of the cardios but this way I have "wiggle room". :)

GS ROTATION
1) Legs/Abs/short Cardio
2) Back/short Cardio
3) Bi's/shortCardio
4) Chest/shortCardio
5) Shoulders/short Cardio
6) Tri's/short Cardio
7) Rest
8) F/B endurance work out/Abs
9) Long Cardio only if #8 did not include cardio
9) Rest if # 8 included cardio
10) Rest if # 9 not a rest day
10) Begin rotation w/day #1 if #9 a rest day

~short cardio is no more then 30 mins.
~long cardio is no less then 45 mins.

Evening ladies !

Sleep you say ? ? ? What would that be to a "normal person"? Well I think I did nothing but watch the clock last night waiting to find that far off in the distance body function called sleep but lo and behold it was no where to be found at my house ! :mad: If I slept an hour I'd be surprised cuz it seems I watched loads of early morning shows and even when the timer turned the tv off at 4:30 I was eyeing the clock through the 5's . . . . UGH and I'm not feeling horibbly tired but am dragging. That being said . . . did the short premix of CCC for 34 min of cardio. If I'm awake when 24 comes on I may . . . am strongly thinking since I fell asleep last week . . . may walk slowly on my TM so I stay awake. That should be enough to put be to sleep shortly after 10 PM. *she says to her brain as she wishes and hopes*.

Lori - well not tons of damage y'day but lunch today was a few handfuls of Sun Chips ! :eek: I am in a funk and just don't feel like pulling myself out quite yet. Making it through at work OK but when I'm home by myself I'm just giving in for the time being. Used to be able to talk to my puppy *sighs* but she is not here anymore. :( So I getcha with the bosses lately - I am slowly learning (you'd think I'd know by now !) to just do what works for me and let others fend for themselves. Hope your day ended up better, you got to play in the snow and had fun AND got the rest of your workout in too ! :p

Diana - great job with the food y'day ! We were at DS1's and DD came too so I had 2 out of 3 kids (+DIL) and my 2 GS's there. Yep, gramma had a nice afternoon other than the Saints winning ! Poor DGS1's name sake threw and interception and that was the end of that ! :rolleyes: I'll be starting Meso 2 next week - thinking I may do 1 body part per day and try to fit a short cardio in also. Some version of SC to make it work. Possibly weights in the AM (if I can get up early enough) and cardio in the evening. This week will be wingin' it. Did you get to work from home with all the snow?

Laura - well good to hear DH is back 'with you' in the eves now. Wow what a schedule. Was it due to a busy season, short handed, or do they just switch things around sometimes? Nice you had a great evening on Sun. I love the step w/os - Athletic was easier for me than Step Moves but if I pay attention I don't do too badly the 2nd time around. Def new moves that takes some thought ! :rolleyes: So yes my DS is a tried and true Colts fan ie GS1 is "Peyton" so 'twas a bummer, but the Saints did play well and come back so what can you say. The better team won last night. Kinda neat that Mardi Gras will be kicked off early and last longer than usual. Was fun to see the pics of the French Quarters on TV last night after the win. The QB has a darlng little son there, huh? ;) Hope you last through your yucky weather this week. We are cloudy, low 50's and will have rain the end of the week. Was a little chillier this AM - 40's - I'd take some sun ! :cool:

Wendy - well chiquita banana . . . (just had the temptation to call you that for some reason? :p) sorry you aren't DOM'ing - perhaps Laura can give you some pointers? ;) I haven't had much in the back, little in the bi's but the tris and legs have been a tad DOMmy for me. My hands won't hold heavy weights right now so that probably doesn't help. Looks like a great rotation for ya there . . . So with the 'boys' outta the way are you enjoying a MGD64 or a glass of wine ? I AM - join me . . . :D

Well time to get DH of the other computer so I can have me some din din - catfish tacos with tomato, onion and avocado salsa. YUM !

Caio bellas !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.