CONTROLL'IN that awful DAMAGE Monday-Blah!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Wish I had more sleep last night but I did have a pretty relaxing weekend so I can't complain. Today I am trying to cut back on sugar....so right now there is little sugar in my coffee:confused: Barf! I was gonna go cold turkey but I couldn't do it!

Yesterday was a complete rest day and last night DH and I got in the hot tub, it was nice for my sore muscles.

A girl I know quite well did her 1st marathon yesterday and is it wrong of me to be happy that she was 11 mins slower then my marathon time? LOL I have been a pretty good runner for a while and any races involving her, I have been faster....until last summer when she kicked my arse in a 10k run. Grant it she had a full nights sleep and I was eating pizza at 3 a.m and up again at 7 (still can't believe I did that:eek:) But I thought that maybe she was getting faster b/c she was still pushing a stroller with a 4 yr old in it:eek:! Anyway...Im still happy she did it and she did well. I am waiting to hear what she thought of the whole experience and if she will ever do it again.

Gonna read yesterdays thread, then return!

Lori

Diana** I meant to tell you that you could do both rotations...mix and matching. I didn't want to go to crazy on the workouts b/c you will be following ww's and then that might screw you up altogether. Yeah...it would have been nice if the coach called you!:confused: I also said to DH last night that we should have brought DD home,sat her down to the table and made he drink the 2 beer she had in her bag plus more!

Wendy** DH didn't say much this time, he just let me deal with it. He is kind of tired of dealing with it. Its funny b/c he was cleaning up behind the house yesterday from IGOR and in the bushes he found half of another cell phone he snapped off on NewYears Eve! PLUS....6 empty cooler bottles! I forgot to ask her about that but Im not really talking to her either. I don't know if she would be stupid enough to drink behind our house. Ugh!

O.k...gotta get moving!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Not sure, but think I will be doing super sets lower body blast and a HIIT w/o. It should take about an hour or so.

This morning I have an appt with a dermatologist. I'm hoping they can give me something for my acne prone skin. I take oral medication but they don't work anymore.

Gotta run....DS needs a ride to school this morning.

bbl

Horrible morning but it started out with a great work out atleast!

B&G Leg Blast premix thru first set of firewalkers
MMA K/B - first 2 combos with weighted gloves
Original Bootcamp cardio only premix
6 min Abs

BBL!

Good morning ladies !

Y'day ended up being a 'headache' day so nothing to report at all except TV all darn day ! :confused:

Supposed to be over 100' today so I'm gonna stay home, not go outside in case the air is still 'infected' with whatever gave me my headache and hopefully get some major work done AFTER I get in another short workout. Didn't eat much y'day and had loads of allergy pills so won't have much energy. Good news, leggies are a little sore just from the lunges I did on Sat. ;) Should be able to do a couple of sets today.

Lori - so sorry about how DD is acting, again ! It is so difficult when they get older and you can't lock them in their room, huh? Any clue where the beer is coming from? Someone needs to be spanked on that front. Is there some underlying issue or just one of those 'fit in with the crowd' or 'bored' things? Great job on the run the other day. LOL about you being happy you had a better time than your friend. Competition is fine - I think you were just more 'proud' of your PR and less 'happy' she ran slower. You want your hardwork to pay off is all.

Wendy - great job on picking up SM so quickly. Took me quite a few runs through to do a decent job and I think step is usually easy for me ! Glad you had a nice time with your BF this weekend and got caught up with your laundry. You described my laundry to a tee - been washing (though I've folded) but not putting it all away. Thanks for the reminder that I have a pile to wash and DH was doing his y'day so today will be a great day for that ! :p

Diana - well guess that was a good wake up call for Jerod but ITA quite a bummer for you. Did DH make mention of it to the coach or just let it go? Perhaps he thought the 'word' might get back to Jerod or maybe didn't even think about letting you know? Sounds like a good workout plan - I'm to chicken to do a LB wt workout and then cardio, especally HiiT on the same day. You go girl ! Have you ever tried the Proactive? (I'd guess you have but just checking). One of my boys used it and it did well for him, especially since he wasn't really consistent with it. Hope the appt is beneficial for you.

Well, off to call in "out of the office" today and it the workout room.

Later ladies !

Morning Ladies ..

I had an EXCELLENT b-day weekend .. and got my wish .. AUBURN WON!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D .. almost got my ultimate wish .. our #1 ranked rivals ALMOST lost (shld have imo) . . but that sure was a slap in the face for them .. and PIA and her ego are a bit bruised .. she is really kinda quiet today :D:D:D :p:p:p Ystdy I was REALLY sore from plyo legs .. I knew I would be.. it was a dreary stormy day .. i did nothing but lay around and watch movies!!! it was great!!

Lori ... it is so totally fine w/you being happy about the friend w/slower time {insert evil enabling grin} .. I think I would be right there with you .. I just cant bleieve anyone can run for 3 hours :eek: I bow down in your presence!!!

Di - man did DH say anything to the coach .. that is not fair ... kinda harsh imo!!! hope your appnt goes well!!!

Jacque .. saw your temps for today .. YIKES ... our weather is finally cooling off . after a Low moved thru ystdy .. today is supposed to be in the 80s and tonight in the upper 50's .. WOOHOOOOo .. 'BOUT TIME .. we have been near 100 forever it seems ... this week is gonna really feel like fall!!! woohooo

Wendy ... sounds like you had a great weekend too .. sorry the morning is bad .. mine is decent for a MON .. it helps that PIA mouth is temporarily hushed :p

Sooooo ..thanks for all the b-day wishes .. it was a great one!! and today I think SIL and I are gonna get back to our lunch workouts .. I brought BBC arms and abs ... we dont really have a plan .. so that may be a good place to start .. or either a rotation of hvy gym weights .. but SIL HATES to workout in the gym .. ??? ... think it is b/c she is not as strong as she used to be .. ?? ... anyway .. I did talk w/owner about the shape of the room ... he swears he will have it fixed in a couple of weeks .. soooo we will see .. I hope so!! Tonight - depending on the shape of the room - I will either do my mish mosh class or step cricuits .. if the room is like it was last week and I have a good size class we cant do step .. ?? I may surprise them and pull a 6 step class on them .. have not done that in a while ..?? we will see .. have a great one!!:D

Hello Ladies.

Well, as you saw I had a fantastic work out this morning but then all hell broke loose. I was watching the digital clock on my stove for time this morning as I was packing lunches and then I remembered (too late) that it was slow b/c of a power surge we had had over the w/e and I forgot to adjust the time.

Well it would have been okay because it was only a 5 min delay but then DS' school had major traffic at it for drop off. I have to have him there NLT 7:30 or he will not be admitted into before care program and I will have to wait until 8am to drop him off. I ended up having to park illegally and run with him to doors of school in order to get him in just under the wire. We got soaked and he was crying because when I went to get him out of the car he had trouble with his seatbelt and thought I would get mad at him b/c I was so panicked about getting him to school. I felt really bad about that but assured him it was not his fault and no need to cry.

Fun doesn't end there...goes on to a longer then usual wait to get off school grounds and then about 45 mins of bumper to bumper traffic on the first hway I hit and then 2 more delays along the way. Finally got to work 75 minutes late! :eek: There go my lunch breaks for the next 2 days. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for the good work out this morning or this day wouldn't be worth a thing to me right now! On top of it all I am now feeling very tired, run down and possibly like I could be getting sick. I sure hope not! I am going to start with the Airborne when I get home just in case!

Hope this day flies by!

Gonna post this and then move on to personals!

Lori:: Yeah I suppose that IS a little evil regarding your friend and her marathon buy hey, I think we all think like that from time to time. You need something to keep you motivated even if it IS kicking your friend's butt in a race! :p:D Sorry again about DD. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope she straightens out soon. I wasn't a perfect teen ager but I rarely got caught so it was all good! ;) LOL I gotta say though, I really wasn't all that bad anyway. I was pretty darned tame compared to a lot of people I knew.

Diana:: I hope the derm was able to give you something more effective for your acne. How was your work out?

Jacque:: I hope staying inside and working from home today helps you to feel better! I will normally fold and then leave the putting away part for later but I just did so much laundry all at once that the thought of folding even aggravated me so I did NOTHING. :eek: Thank goodness though, I can now say that it's almost all done! ~phew~

Laura:: Fingers crossed that the owner gets your room back in order as promised!!!! Love that PIA's ego is bruised cause her team lost. The fact that she is being quiet now is a big plus too! :D Haven't touched BBC in ages. Not gonna let it tempt me though as I just started CLX y'day!

:mad: CRAP I GOTTA A FLAT TIRE .. UGH .. wendy you passed on your crappy day vibes to me :( CRAP ... called DH he is coming to town .. got one hour of work to go .. crap crap crap!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.