CoNtRoL tHe DaMaGe in NOV!!

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Quickly popping in and starting the November thread for us. :D

Wendy Wendy-where are you girl? Praying you and your family are okay and that your house survived too!

Laura-I did the A2 tutorial this morning, 25 minutes. I think I need to do it a few more times before get the hang of the 8 moves Shaun goes through. Giving XTrainer a try in the morning. If you've already gone through the workouts, not sure how much the tutorial will help. If you have trouble with some of the moves, then the tutorial would be beneficial cuz he breaks down the moves and you "walk" through them several times before picking up the pace.

Lori-saw the Halloween pics of your kids on FB, adorable. I'm hoping my Non DIL posts some pics of the girls soon. Did Rylan enjoy trick-or-treating tonight? Hope it wasn't too cold where you are.

bbl

Good Morning:)

Happy Nov month...guess who gets to see their DH this month?!:D The end is near....now let's just hope this month doesn't get dragged out but I don't even know how that is possible with my days. I will just keep crossing off the days on the calender until we reach the 29th.

I have bit of a headache this morning, could be stress related. I hate this unknown stuff. My mom keeps telling me everything will work out and I know that...but still. DH had his relocation meeting yesterday and he threw out the idea of driving b/c we could make money but I can't do that to those boys! If they were older and if it were summer...maybe but not a 5 yr old who can't keep still and a 9 month old who likes to be on the move. We would only have to travel 500 kms a day, then that would take us 12 days to get there! Then what about Christmas?? I wouldn't have enough time to get ready. I just don't think it would be worth it.

I'm on my 3rd cup of java and its 10 a.m. I have a banana bread in the oven and I can say I'm not really in the mood to workout. I'm enjoying puttering around the house and doing things. I have to pick DS up in 90 mins so I have time. I may decide to do legs and spin after I pick him up...or I might keep puttering around.

Diana** I can't remember ever having a nicer night then last night! It was beautiful here! DS didn't even need mittens! Normally we do a few houses and then we are ready to call it quits b/c everyone is wet (there's usually something falling) but last night they could have stayed out forever. Even the baby was enjoying being pushed around in the stroller!

Alright...let's all pray we here from Wendy today! If she's ok...I bet she's well rested cause she probably slept through it all:p

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Sipping on a cup of coffee before I tackle XTrainer. My calves are so sore from stepping and then A2 yesterday. All that jumping on your toes is killing my calves!

Not sure if you remember Jen (Irish Rose), but Wendy texted her and said her family is okay. They are still displaced and probably can't get back home for several more days due to flooding in her area.

We didn't have many trick or treaters last night. I have 3 big bags of candy left. Not sure why, the weather was perfect.

DS1 is going to Portland for Christmas since it's just too expensive to have the girls come here. Even for him, what normally is around $300-$350 is going to be about $500.

Lori-OMG, yeah I would say driving is out of the question. Do they pay for movers? You pack up your house and all your stuff arrives after you do? Enjoy a rest day, I'm sure you deserve it!

Laura-I'll give my review of Xtrainer later today. I'm sure it's tough.

bbl

THURS - Happy November!

Morning LAdies -

THANK GOD - Jen let us know Wendy and her family are ok - I was REALLY getting worried!! Now will have to pray that her house is ok and she is able to get home soon!

I went for a 'haunted run' ystdy (4.5 miles - 52 min) -:p - there were little goblins everywhere - OMG - I never knew how many kids trick or treated .. some of the nicer areas were PACKED w/kids - kids on wagons - on trailers - cars everywhere - SOME big kids that had no business trick or treating - gggrrrrr - people complaining on FB that the big kids - not dressed - getting LOADS of candy in SACKS - ggrrrrrr - that is just ridiculous - my DN said he didnt get much candy b/c there were so many 'kids' - they stopped by my house - so I had one special trick or treater! :D He was dressed in a "gilly suit" .. TOOOO CUTE!!

Lori - yikes 12 days - ummmm - no I dont think that would be doable w/your little ones! woohoooooo you are on your final countdown to see your DH - I know you are excited! and yes with as busy as your household is think they time will pass fairly quickly! any news on your dress???

Diana - yes the CALVES get one H#LL of a workout - I have to stop and stretch them out during some of it!! let me know how you like XTRAINER - it seems to get harder the more you do it!

OK .. gotta go - FIRST of the month - FULL moon - the asylum will be in full swing madness today and tmrw!! :confused::confused::confused::confused: have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

Xtrainer- total agility w/o and pushup torture. I definitely think this w/o will get tougher the more I learn it. I had to rewind A LOT, but am looking forward to learning all the moves. Tomorrow is Upper Elite, kinda scared of the sounds of that. Hopefully my calves will have a chance to recover!

bbl

Yesterday's workout was cyclemax and leaner legs. I really enjoy leaner legs....I remember hating it.

I was having an off day yesterday. I guess I am getting over whelmed with everything and nothing seems to be working in our favour. Why do some people have all the luck? And it's usually the evil ones:eek: I had a call from the real estate agent yesterday, she had a client that wanted to look at the house but it was a bit expensive for them. I told her I left myself room to play and if they weren't interested in the hot tub then I could sell that separately. The other house they looked at was 325, ours is listed at 345. They ended up changing their minds after and now they aren't bothering. I may have concerned 325 with no hot tub and no appliances. But I'm guessing they looked at the other house and were probably hoping to get it for 315 or so...and I'm not selling this house for 315.....or anything less then 330. It was just a really crazy day yesterday. Mom was asking me all kinds of questions (like...what are you doing with your mixer? Seriously???? What do you think I'm doing with my mixer!). It's like she thinks I'm selling everything off and going to pick through people's trash when I get there. Then my mil is telling me not to sell my house for less then 335 cause she said "you don't want to come out owing money". That burned me cause she doesn't even know what we owe on the house. It's not even close....so why is she sticking her nose in? Just stupid things not that were really getting to me yesterday. I feel like I am having more and more of those days.

On a brighter note my dress will be here today!

Happy to know when and are family are good!!!

Diana** how are your calves today? I'm guessing you are pretty disappointed that the girls won't be there for Christmas? Airfare is a rip off and now they charge for luggage too? I don't know what will be next. Probably for use of the tvs. How are you enjoying asylum?

Laura** some big kids come around here too but there didn't seem to be as many this year. Mom would complain when they came to the door but oddly enough my 16 yr old niece and nephew went and she laughed at that:rolleyes:. I usually dump all the leftovers on the older kids cause I don't want it and they are usually later in the night.

Not sure what my workout will be today. Maybe a run and some UB. I have training at 9:30 and my sister leaves to go home today.

TGIF /// and aaaaajjjjjjgggggg

GEESH it is FULL BLOWN insanity at the work asylum today! First and third and Friday and FULL MOON all rolled into one .. INSANE!!!!

no time for personals .. but just glad to say Wendy is oK .. and she said on FB that her little silly crawl space saved her home and belongings .. thank goodness!!!

DOMS: BIS ... eeeeeeouch from heavy weights ystdy

today - is REST day .. DATE night tonigh ;););)

OMG .. it has taken me 3 hours to write this little note .. exercise for me .. I will check in trmw! .. ugh

Reposting in Nov Thread..from Wendy

Hello.

I happen to be at my mom's office where there is full power so I am popping in. Just started getting very slooow and sketchy phone and internet service on my cell last night. Other then that I've had very little ability to contact the outside world since Monday evening...:(

I was checking out some pics of other areas just before since I haven't been able to see anything since we lost power on Monday evening. It's just so horrible...:(

Well just wanted to pop into say hi. I have no idea when power will be coming back on for us but I will be back as soon as I can!

No plans today...DS has gymnastics from 2-3:30 and that's it. I was suppose to have training in the morning but she bailed on me to go to a trx class. I'm not sure how I feel about this. She did it b/c her sil could bring a friend for $10 and she is looking for options for when I leave. I was just a little rotted that she would have to go on one of the days when I train her after all the switching around I do for her. But in another sense I was happy that I didn't have any commitments today cause she usually wants to come at like....10:30...probably the worst time possible. Not enough time for me to workout before and then I have to get lunch after. I know she isn't going to like it, mark my words.

Yesterday's workout was a weird one. I did ctx back/chest and abs before lunch. After everyone left for the day I did a 22 mins run (cause I hit the emergency thing by accident) 10-10-10 and power circuit. I haven't done those two workouts in a long time. I guess cathe as really kicked up her workouts over the years cause it took me a while to break a sweat. I'm not sure what today's workout will be yet. It's still raining so it won't be a run outside.

My dress came yesterday! I'd like to show it to you ladies but I don't want to put it on Facebook. I wonder how I can attach a link here? Or I could email it. I love it. It's very nice.

Wendy** happy to know you are safe and sound! I wonder if you had class today? I didn't see much of the news. I don't get to watch much tv in the day time and in the night time I watch my recorded shows. Either way we are all happy that you guys are unharmed!!!!

Diana** how was your day yesterday?

Laura** sounds like you were really enjoying work yesterday:p. My job was so laid back that I was never ran off of my feet like that. I need a in between job next!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did A2 Upper Elite, and loved it. It was chest, shoulders, bi's, tri's and even some ab work. It also mixed in a few agility cardio bursts using the agility ladder. I did have to modify some of the pushups and triceps due to my shoulder, but I loved this w/o.

Today calls for power legs, not sure when I'll be doing that. Jerod has a football game (still sick and shouldn't be playing IMO) at 9am and I have a haircut appt at 9:30. I need to go make a grocery list and go shopping, laundry etc.

The Varsity team had their first (and only) playoff game last night and lost...it was awful, 56-6. Today is the JV game. The school we are playing has some NFL players kids on it. It's a private Christian school with lots of money.

Wendy-glad to hear you and your family are safe. I saw some of the devastation on the news. It's so awful. Is your house habitable? Are any of the services working...water, sewer, electricity, cable, etc.

Lori-The dress is beautiful and so are you! Have you been looking for places to live in your new location? Are there any houses comparabe to what you have today? I haven't done CTX in a very long time, but do recall enjoying them when I did do them. CTX Upper is also good.

Laura-sounds like you have been run ragged at work this past week. Hope you had a great date night! The news said the full moon had a lot to do with the severity of Hurricane Sandy.

bbl

We are up early this morning:confused:. I knew that was going to happen with the change in time. I'm just trying to figure out how I am going to keep him from going to bed at 6 tonight. The last 3 days he has only had one nap. It seems a little early to be giving up naps!

Yesterday's workout was Amy bentos slo mo shoul,bics,tris, ph abs,and a 12 k run outside. I didn't know what I wanted to do for cardio, the baby was napping and DD was just getting up...so off I went. The weather here is still very mild, I can't believe it's nov month. But I'll take it cause where I'm heading....it's a lot colder.

I also did some Christmas shopping yesterday. I put a good dent in it. I was going to order a few things for the kids but b/c we are moving I am gonna hold off until I know when we are going. If I order stuff I am going to have to pack it and take it on the plane and I don't want to have to deal with that. So if we move, I will just wait and pick up some stuff when we are there. When the kids are small, I can get a lot for a little....but for DD not so much. I signed her up for driving school which starts the 8th of dec and that's almost $700....I told her it was part of her Christmas gift. It was my way out of having some of her shopping done! Lol

Diana** are you enjoying your new workouts? I like Shaun T...he is pretty funny. We have been looking at houses the last little while. The real estate agent keeps sending us links to homes that have been listed. The houses arent as nice as what we would get here and they are a lot older. The market is suppose to jump big time there so we should make a fair bit of money when we move. She sent a link to a house I liked the other day. It was built in the 1970 :confused:,cupboards were old and so was something else but it was tidy looking. They out new siding on the front and sides but not on the back:mad:. I guess my dad will have a job to do when he comes to visit...good grief....I know siding is expensive but it wouldn't have cost them that much more to do the back! The condos are the nicest cause they are new but we can't live in a condo with a barking dog:eek:

I'm not sure what today's workout is going to be yet but I'll be back to report it!

Hi Ladies,

I got most of my chores finished yesterday!:D Today I just need to take the recycle to the recycling center and drop off my ballot!

I didn't get a workout in yesterday.:mad: I stopped to get a pedicure....oh my. Long story short, the ped station next to me flooded and I was stuck there forever while they cleaned up the mess. Then I headed to the grocery store which was packed, normally I grocery shop on Sunday's during the football game.

Today will be Power Legs and cardio, or the next A2 w/o. I'm leaning towards cardio since I really am feeling the need for a sweatfest today. We have a lot of Halloween candy and I can't seem to stay out of it. GGGRRR~

Lori-Nice w/o yesterday! I picked up a couple Christmas gifts too. We exchange names with my MIL and SIL's family now. I think with my side of the family we may just go simplistic this year...something along the lines of "bring a gift, receive a gift". There are just so many of us and drawing names is hard...on top of mostly being boys....only 5 girls outta the bunch of us. When will DD get her drivers license? It is so much easier with Jerod driving now.

bbl

Hello Ladies.

At mom's for a while today. She got power back around 1am yesterday morning. Taking DS and a couple other kids to the only poor excuse for Trick or Treating that is available this year thanks to the storm in a few minutes...

Still out of power where we are staying and at home as well. DH's cousin got the generator hooked up to his furnace though so we've actually had decent heat since last night there!

Had to stop at the house for a few things this morning so I picked up a few work out outfits, sneakers and a pair of kettlebells. I'm going to do what I can, washing machine or not! I am going nuts not being able to work out on top of the horrible eating I've been doing!:eek: Damage control is DEFINITELY going to be required when this is all over! :rolleyes: Thank goodness I never cancelled my WW memebership!:eek:

Ok, just wanted to pop in and say hi. Be back when I can!:cool:

PS I posted a few pics of the damage to the amusement park/boardwalk down the street from my house on FB.

Last edited:
Hi Girls,

I did Power Legs and Back & 6 pack! Cardio is definitely not necessary after Power Legs...another great w/o from Shaun T. Back and 6 Pack isn't a favorite yet, maybe soon it will be. Tomorrow I'll either do a Cathe Cardio or give Championship a try.

Wendy-glad to hear that services are continuing to be restored. It does seem to be taking a long time, and I'm not even having to live through it. Has there been any indication when you can expect your services to be restored at your house? Not fair for the kiddos to miss Halloween, at least they having some kind of activity, considering the circumstances.

bbl

Good morning:)

Had a good sleep last night. I've been reading my pt book to refresh my memory and it doesn't take long to get lazy when I haul that thing out:eek:. My goal is to read a chapter a day.....I failed yesterday! Lol So lets try every 2 days!

My workout yesterday was Mindy Mylera spin DVD. It's tabata training on the bike and the floor. It's a good workout. I didn't need to lift weights. I had worked each body part enough last week so I just did abs. Today I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Either S&H or GS...I could also do PS but I'm not fussy on the back work. I'm also not sure if I am going to do all the UB workouts or just a couple. Then after lunch I will get my cardio in. DS goes to school in the afternoons this month, seems like I am back to sept's routine.

I think this weekend coming I am going to go home for the weekend. It's a long weekend so I won't come back until Monday, next week should go by pretty fast cause I'm gonna think Tuesday is Monday. I think this month will go by quickly :). DS is getting excited. I think he understands marking off the days on the calendar now that we are on the same month when we go see his dad.

Diana** we cut out a lot of gift giving on my side of the family and we just do the kids and my parents but I still buy for my sister. It was so hard buying for all those men. I use to spend more then I had planned b/c I got tired of looking! DH only has one sister so we've always exchanged with them but we mentioned cutting it out this year to make it easier in everyone. But I remembered that I already bought her gift last year! Lol DD can get her license earlier if she does younger driving course but she is suppose to have her permit for a year otherwise. Some of her friends are driving already and she's kind of rotted...lol...oh well!!

Wendy** we went to visit my sil when she lived away and they had a terrible snow storm. We didn't have power for days and the eating was awful! We were all bored to tears...in desperate need of showers and all we did was eat! So I know what you are talking about. I'm sure you will be back into your routine in no time!

I will bbl to report my workout.

MON

Well - it is STILL insane here at work :mad: we had a gorgeous weekend - I did AB SAT - and a party SAT night - and had a SORE AS H### body and large head ystdy - did nothign but lay around and clean house!! I did get Toots out for a walk each day .. she enjoyed it!

I am in a FUNK -:(:(:( having my crying/weepy moments missing my baby dog now - DH is better thank goodness - so guess I am allowing myself to miss him now! Things are just so quiet and "off" - depressed - me and VBF are really considering canceling our annual Dirty Santa party - if we do will be the first one in 20 years prbly that hasnt happened! but it just seems as tho our friends are in dissaray and scattered - some are "off/distant" - not to mention the ones we have lost - I am really in a BAH HUMBUG - dont want to do anything funk!

WENDY - so glad to hear from you - hang in there - glad your damage wasnt as bad as some I have seen on the news!!!

DI - LOL - no - no extra cardio is required after POWER LEGS .. LOL ... that one is a burner for sure!!

Lori - i couldnt view the picture of your dress dang it .. I know it looks gorgous on you tho -

OK - better run - taken forever to write this .. where do these people come from??????? :confused:

Hi girls. Posting from my phone. Went to gym this morning. Ran 3.65 miles. First w/o since Wednesday and b4 that was Sunday. Eating like crap too. Ugh. Not good....

Be back soon!

Hi Ladies,

Evening check in for me. This morning I did Championship from A2. It is along the lines of A1's Gameday. It has different exercised based on different sports. It even incorporates some strength training! The end of it has somewhat of a fit test, how many of "the audition" can you get through. It's an agility challenge but i just end up jumping around...LOL...need to review this particular drill on the training dvd.

Tonight is the first night of Holiday Meltdown...the bootcamp class indoor at the rec ctr. It's 2 nights per week, but I don't find myself as enthusiastic as I normally am. Tonight is all the testing, max pushups, max situps, 3 min step test and flexibility. Let's not forget they weigh us too. We usually have time for a short w/o afterwards. I'm not really feeling like w/o tonight.

Lori-Did you do S&H or G&S...knowing you...probably both!:p I'm not a fan of PS back either. So does DS alternate months going to school a.m/p.m? I don't think I'd like that. Did you get your PT reading done? Jerod got his permit at 15 and actually took the driver training classes over Christmas break when he was 14. He wanted his license as soon as he could get it.

Wendy-glad you were able to make it to the gym. It probably felt great just to do something. Hope things get back to normal soon. Although I get the impression it could be a long while.

Laura-sorry you're in a funk, booh. It has been a rough year. Are you sure you want to cancel a tradition....that might make it worse. Now that you mention it...I'm not really looking forward to Christmas either. We are finally get back on track financially and we don't need another setback...due to frivolous holiday spending.

bbitam

Good Morning

Another rainy day here today...when is this gonna stop. No one seems to be complaining though. I think we had such a nice summer and fall, that everyone is just going with it. Not to mention that it's been very mild outside. I will take the rain over the snow.

I'm sore from yesterday's workout. It was PS and MM chest, shoul, and tris and a 13 k run outside after ds went to school. My bum and hammies are also sore...from the run im assuming.Today will be back and bics. I'm not sure what cardio I will do. I have baby group after lunch so I won't be waiting to run outside after DS goes to school.

Laura** sorry to hear you are in a funk! I would have the party if I were you! You can't break tradition and you will probably feel better while it's going ahead and I'm sure your friends who are no longer with you, would want you to have it! I was going to delete that "friend" from fb but I think I will wait until I post pics from DH's graduation so she can see how fabulous I look in that dress while her fat *ss is sitting on the couch eating ketchup chips! She's gone on another vaca right now. I'm sure she's already gained back the few pounds she managed to lose.

Wendy** nice run!

Diana** the kindergarten classes here switch from month to month. I know most people who move here, hate it. They are use to their kids being gone full days and I think when we move DS will likely be in full days. I got some of my reading done but I'm gonna pour another coffee now and do a little more I think. Is the holiday meltdown tough!?

Oh..dd has a job interview today. Hopefully she will get the job. She needs some spending money!

I will be to report my workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.