Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Control The Damage Feb Month!

This is a discussion on Control The Damage Feb Month! within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning Quick check in. I soooo did not want to get up this morning. The next two days I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Cathlete
gidget1978's Profile Fields

Good Morning

Quick check in. I soooo did not want to get up this morning. The next two days I don't have to get up so early cause dh isn't working so no need to drop the boys off. We are suppose to be going out for a drink tonight with one of his coworkers and his girlfriend, I haven't met them yet. So I probably won't be working out tonight, unless something changes.

Last nights workout was GS bics and shoulders, 30 mins on the TM and DWP.

Laura** yep survived the 2nd day. Every time I start a new job I'm like..."I don't know if I like this". They know I'm not a receptionist by trade so I have things to learn. So far I've managed to sort the mail and do a few things on the computer. Awful lot of smokers work there even a pregnant women....not cool

Wendy** the girl that is training me is ok...I haven't fully figured her out yet b/c everyone likes to tease her a lot so I have a feeling that she might be fun...it's just that I don't see it yet so I don't want to give up all together...lol. How's your job going? And what are you doing about your internship now?

Diana** I guess your legs were sore after all that working out. It seems like my legs don't get sore when I purposely try, like a weight workout. It sneaks up on me when I least expect it!

I'll bbl!

Lori
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Cathlete

Default WED

Morning Ladies ..

ystdy - SIL adn I did COMBAT Power HiiT + Strength n Stretch SIL was soooo sore from TS ... poor thing .. I didnt think I was sore until I started working out and my legs felt like LEAD - it was a great workout tho - and S&S ok I was expecting Yoga .. I got BURNING my arse/legs off slow hard work!!!! not what I was expecting!! Tonight is a tabata + LIS Trisets LB! I may try to hit CC and pound out heavy weights at lunch since i havent made it yet this week!!! so i will really be complaining tmrw if I do!!!

Lori - Hey its HUMP DAY .. woohoo!! yet another celebration us poor working people use to get us thru the work week .. come on friday!!! gggrrrrr makes me mad to see a pregnant person smoking .. come on people!!!

Wendy - I said same thing about Ravens uniforms .. they were close to my AU colors .. good enough for me!! LOLOLOL

DI - what is on tap for today?

OK .. better run .. have a great one ..
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

Early conference call for me this morning, still on it actually. No workout to report for this morning.

I so hate not sleeping well. I fell asleep fine but woke up around 2ish and couldn't fall back to sleep. What did I do.....laundry! It was so hard getting up today.

My family...men in general are so stinkin' lazy! I was so mad last night. I'm working on our taxes and DS2 was supposed to clean the kitchen. He decides he's going out...I mention "it's your kitchen night". He doesn't even empty the clean dishes out of the dishwasher, he just added to it. WTF??? DS3 didn't clean the house like he was supposed to last weekend. GGGRRR Help out or get out is what I really wanted to say.

Laura-sounds like you and SIL are getting in some awesome workouts!

Wendy-It's about time we get some personals from you! At least one of the two admins you work for are good. It would totally suck if they were both standoff-ish. I'm going to cancel my WW online membership. I do better when I go in person to meetings.

Lori-I'm going out for drinks with some girls from work tonight too! You will be fine at this job. You're a smart girl and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Maybe the girl that is training you will come around more once she knows you're staying.

TG-what's on your plate today?

Where's Jacque?

bbl
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM
DeCathelete

Hey Ladies :-)

Just checkin in with this morning work out for now...

Zcut#6(ten min Internal training w/no rest), half of the Zcut ab routine and the lunge segment from Tonique Premier. No time for Burn Sets today...

I am tired. I went to bed entirely too late last night and for absolutely no good reason. Grrrrr. So pist at myself for that one. I am not going right home after work either. Have a 6pm apptmnt to do some interning so I need to go straight there from work. Only planning on staying about an hour though. I should survive. :P

BBL or ITAM w/personals. :-)

Wendy
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Cathlete
Sunshine1528's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunshine1528
Default Popping back in . . .

Hey Ladies !

Last week + was busy and tiring. Had my 3 day training class and loads of hockey games and not enough sleep. Only a couple of workouts completed. Issues at work have me on the road and in a hotel tonight with a little time to ME . . . !

No workout today and not thinking I'll get enough sleep to be worthwhile tomorrow I may not do anything in the AM. Should be home early enough to get a workout in tomorrow night - DH has hockey !

Hanging with a coworker - had a nice "girls night away" and with the CABS down the hatch will catch up on end of Jan & Feb posts to see what you have been up to. Still on the road tomorrow but hoping to be back to "normal schedule" by Friday . . . Hate it when Life Gets In The Way of my workout friends and my workouts !

BB when I can get here . . .

Just finished reading the remainder of Jan ! Seems like decades ago . . .

Laura & TG - so sorry for your sad family matters. So hard to go through those things.

TG - thanks for the compliments on my pics. Those Cathe pics are when Diana and I met at the San Diego RT. Fun times, but unfortunately about 15 lbs of total fluff for me. Am trying to regain better metabolism and muscle tone this year as an additional goal to keeping current with my "control Damage" buddies here. Hope I can make it come true. . .

Lori - I turned the "magic" 55 on 1/28 . . . spent the day in a training class and DH forgot . . . DD sent flowers and chocolates from the 8 hours away that she is now. . . DS2 texted me but DS 1 & GK's called so that was a nice end to my evening ! I think I read it right that your little one and I have the same BDay? Cool in my book !

Diana - yes I remember my resolution and strongly considered sleep vs work vs hockey vs workouts vs posting . . . hard to weigh priorities sometimes and, after 4 hours of sleep with a long trip and emotional work . . . I am hanging in there and may . . . may . . . workout if I can get enough sleep.

Wendy & Lori - congrats on the new employment . . . Hope all works out well for you.

May have some downtime while coworker has meetings . . . will get back on track and also catch up on this months threads . . .

TTFN

GO SHARKS ! ! !

http://www.picturetrail.com/sunshine1528

Last edited by Sunshine1528; 02-07-2013 at 12:31 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM
DeCathelete

Gah..no personals from me yet ladies. Sorry!

This morning I did burn sets for shoulders and the step and disc cardio from all out low impact.

Time to get to work! BBL! :-)

Wendy
Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Cathlete

Default THURS -

MOrning Ladies ..

Last night was Tabata 1 &2 + LIS TS UB + w/heavy weights at the CC at lunch DOMS: delts - tris (so far) - it is POURING rain here .. not sure what today will bring .. was really expecting not to be able to move today ... was hoping the weather would cooperate and a run would be in order - that is not gonna happen!! may fit in combat 60 tho!

Wendy - no pesonals again -shame on you girlie .. LOL .. jk .. this workin' gig is tuff stuff isnt it!! LOL hey how is the interning gig going???? do report how are you liking it!

Jacque - glad to hear from you! be careful on the road .. I know what you mean about LIFE GETTING IN THE WAY .. that describes MY past YEAR of my life!!

Di - I think you may need to post that huge sign on the front door "HELP OUT OR GET OUT" .. I think the main problem is a universal one heard the world over - and it has to do w/a certain MALE GENE!!!

Lori - hoping the job is going well - and the coworker is warming to your charms!!!

OK .. better run ... there are some people here at work doing the Biggest Looser weight loss challenge - well PIA n her croonies are doing it .. and have heard some 'comments' that DID NOT sit well with me sooooooooo I am on a mission .. i am gonna help "guide" MY coworkers ....... OH YEA ... you know it .... .... gave them their first "homework assignment" for tonight they gonna love hating me!!!

have a great one!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 AM
DeCathelete

Hi Girls.

Checking in on my lunch break.

I slept well and enough last night but I still feel tired. WTH!?

Laura:: LOL-seriously-I haven't really seriously "WORKED" in years considering my "job" at the bank was such a joke! So you must tell us what exactly the Biggest Loser Challengers said that didn't sit well w/you and then you also must tell what your response was! I am enjoying interning. The place I went to last night I like better so far but it's kind of early to judge fairly so I'll give the Y a few more chances.

Jacque:: Busy lady I see! Safe travels and catch up with us when you can!

Lori:: So did you go out for drinks with that couple last night? How was it? I am in the midst of doing my PT internship. I've spent about 90 mins on 3 different occasions between 2 gyms so far...only a few more hours to go! I feel for you having to run so many kids around before going to work! The one I have is quite enough! LOL

Di:: Sorry about your lazy boys. If my son is lazy it's bc me and DH fail to keep on top of it all the time. He's too young yet to not take some of that blame! As for my DH, well, he has his moments...both good and bad! He is good though in that he will do anything I ask as long as I'm not asking in a way that is likely to start a fight! While I was out of work though, there wasn't much he had to do but again, if I asked for help for some reason, he would help me. Now he's starting to pitch in again since I am back to work. Overall though I do find that most men STINK at doing things around the house on their own. My DH is HORRIBLE at picking up after himself. Drives me batty!

Ok, I think that catches me up for now.

Toodles until later!

Wendy
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Cathlete
gidget1978's Profile Fields

Hi Girls

Just finished my workout. I was so tired this evening after work...these early mornings are catching up to me. And it's not as if I get to sleep in on the weekends either. I did GS back,and tris, STSFB shoulders, HR abs, 20 mins on the TM, 30/30 and tabata spin. Felt like I opened the DVD player about a million times!

We went out last night and of course DH invited the couple back here. I thought I was gonna have to go on to bed a few times. I slept well though.

Friday has a whole new meaning now Before if I worked Fridays, I worked the whole weekend. I'm looking forward to having a couple of days off. I am starting to learn who everyone is....it's hard to remember all those names! But I feel comfortable in the job. I know I still have something's to learn but they know I don't have a receptionist back ground so it's to be expected.

I received my designing resistance training program book yesterday! I'm looking forward to reading it...but it's BIG!

Diana** those boys should be bending over backwards BUT I know all to well about people getting to comfortable and expecting things. Geez....even the guy in the basement expects me to do his dishes now cause I've done them a few times. Get a load of this one. So he thaws out hamburger meat on Friday...cooks it Tuesday!!! Wants us to try it (we don't cause we don't want food poisoning) so what he left for us goes untouched, when I get up in the morning he's putting it in the fridge! So it's been thawed out for 5 days, cooked, left on the counter over night, then put in the fridge to eat later..Barf!! He's got meat in the fridge now that he thawed out god only knows when.....maybe Egyptians stomachs are tougher then ours...I dunno. All I know is I'm not touching it.

Jacque** I didn't know that you two had the same bday! Guess Ill never forget your bday again!! I better your a super hot 55 yr old though Was DH in the dog house for forgetting??? Mine would have been! Lol

Wendy** how many hours of interning do you need? I think my job will involve lots of sorting and filing but I'm good with that! Esp if they are gonna pay me good money to do it. I often stay up to late too. I think it's just enjoying the quiet time and sitting on the couch.

Laura** you and your sil have been enjoying some good workouts. How is your brother feeling? My coworker is ok.she seems like a stick in the mud but I don't really think she is. I did make her laugh today! Ha!

So we have decided to move. As RCMP we are entitled to a lot of the military benefits. When we moved here they had no housing opened but now they do. Full size homes, 4 bedrooms, redone...for 1200 a month. That's what we are paying now but this place is a circus. We are renting from a ticking time bomb and I think he is putting the house on the market anyway....

I will bb tomorrow some time!

Lori
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Xtrain CSB and had bootcamp class last night. Once again my legs are killing me. I'm guessing it's from all the stair running. Speaking of running, I need to start doing some of that if I intend to finish the HM I signed up for. My training partner has an injury and has been told not to run for 4 weeks by her Dr. She had a cortisone shot in her hip and said that seems to helping for right now.

I was hoping to work from home today but that's not going to happen. I had to schedule a meeting with a director and he wasn't available until this afternoon. Hopefully I can leave after the meeting and still get to bodypump and bodystep class tonight! That's the plan since I'm not working out this morning.

I had parent/teacher conferences last night and Jerod is doing very well this semester, all A's and B's so far. All his teachers talk about how smart he is, but he just doesn't apply himself or does the bare minimum. DH and I have been stressing how important getting good grades is, especially this year. These are the grades that colleges will be looking at.

He is off school today...and cleaning the house! I told him he either needed to do it today, or pay me $35 if I had to do it. $35 is how much his brother pays him to clean the house when it's his turn.

Lori-Glad to hear your job seems to be going well....and that you get to move. I bet you are super happy about that!!! Goodness, throw out that hamburger...disgusting. I bet you did open your dvd player a million times! I do that too, but usually on the weekends.

Wendy-This working gig is cutting into your posting time! You are a busy lady with your new job and getting your interning hours in. Amanda said her Z disc 1 is scratched. I got to preview it when I made a copy, classic Zuzana and I think I will love it. The ab w/o looks great. I didn't see the w/u or cool down though. I just cancelled my ww online. I also cancelled my gym membership near my work. I'm using fitday (free) and my new gym membership at my neighborhood gym. Trying to clean up our budget a bit! My DH will help out if I ask, but he doesn't see or care about what needs to be done without a little push. When I visiting the girls, he told me on Monday morning the day I was flying back that he better clean the kitchen since it hadn't been done since I did it on Thursday night!

Laura-I'm envious of all your w/o's. It would behoove the Biggest Loser Challengers to take your advice, they just may not thank you for it....yet. Hopefully they understand you have some experience and they could certainly learn from you.

Jacque-I seemed to have forgotten how much you have to travel for work. Enjoy those hockey games, is a short season with a ton of games. Workout when you can...we'll be here...you know where to find us.

TG-what are you up to?

bbl