Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

CoNtRoL the DaMaGe in Aug!

This is a discussion on CoNtRoL the DaMaGe in Aug! within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good Morning. Well, our resident early bird isn't here this weekend so I guess I need to take over! I'm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 06:48 AM
DeCathelete

Good Morning.

Well, our resident early bird isn't here this weekend so I guess I need to take over!

I'm feelin' twinges of DOMS here and there in my legs from Crossfire.

Not sure what's happening for today. I have this LF lower body w/o I'd like to get done this weekend:: Smoke & Ashes Workout - Lower Body Routine : @LovingFit , along with a good yoga session, upper body at the gym with DH (tmrw) and if I feel like it, cardio at the gym today...It's alot to do in 2 days though so I'm not even considering trying to do it ALL and so so far gym cardio is probably what's going to be left out...

We don't have any big plans this weekend so not sure what we'll do. It's supposed to be HOT though so unless an activity involves water, whatever we decide to do will probably NOT be outdoors!!!

BBL!

Wendy
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Cathlete
gidget1978's Profile Fields

Good Morning

Little sleepy right now. This time difference really sucks. We didn't do anything last night cause Stephen went to sleep at 7....and so he should have cause it was really 10:30 for him. And then he woke up at 4 cause it was really 7:30. But he went back for a nap and now he is awake again but dh is still sleeping. I think when I finish this coffee I will head down to the fitness center and get a run in. I don't know what the plan is for today. It will probably involve shopping.

The baby was really good on the way here. He didn't cry at all on the flight. I don't think the people that were sat next to me we're real thrilled about sitting next to a baby. On my first flight the lady I was sitting next to was already I. H seat, I had the window seat and she wouldn't even get up for me to get in my seat. She made me crawl in over her with the baby and a big diaper bag. Her connection was canceled...served her right...karma! Then on my second leg the guy sitting next to me was so big that he was over flowing into my seat...which made nursing even more challenging then it already was. The baby kicked my table tray and spilled my water on him....Both of them only acknowledged the baby after the flight was over and they realized that he didn't cry. 3rd leg I sat alone....

Wendy** here I am! Just not as early. Dh is still sleeping while I'm nursing but he's going to be woken up pretty soon. It's usually pretty hot here but not this weekend. And I didn't even bring any pants for the baby.

Diana** happy sneaker shopping. I love getting new kicks and it's not hard to tell when I need them either. Something usually starts aching.

Laura** good girl not skipping any workouts!! I will try my best to catch up with dh .

I may check In again tonight or tomorrow. I don't plan on being on the go the whole time I'm here. Its just to much for the baby.

Lori
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 AM
DeCathelete

I'm back to report my work out::

TTM warm up and solid step (15m), Smoke & Ashes Workout - Lower Body Routine : @LovingFit (22:30m)and last but not least Kundalini Warrior Workout (75m).

Lori:: Glad you arrived safely and that the baby was good. Sorry about your unfriendly neighbors on the plane. Oh jet lag stinks! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Ok, time for a shower and then lunch!

BBL or tmrw!

Wendy
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

We've been on the go since early this morning. We had a fund raising breakfast (Jerod's football team) that we took the whole family too first, then picked up Zach's car from the shop, then to the credit union and finally to the bank....closed our accounts....YAAAYYYYY!!!

I'm so happy to have only 1 kid in high school. Just payed his school & athletic fees...$505.00. I know I paid in the $300 dollar range for the older boys. He's a junior this year so just one more year to go after this. Yes, I'm counting down! Senior year is pretty expensive too with the caps & gowns, announcements. I have another year before I have to worry about that.

The girls are upstairs with grandpa and they are shaving his beard. They tend to pull on it and I think he's tired of it...oh and it might be hurting him too. LOL

I hope to fit in some weight training today and have a bike ride planned for tomorrow.

Lori-How rude, you always get up to let those in the middle or window seat in. Did you have to change planes twice??? You just take everything in stride, that probably would've been stressful for me with an infant. Glad Stephen was such a good baby for you. Enjoy the weekend with DH.

Wendy-nice w/o lady! I don't know how you can stand doing yoga for 75 minutes...20-30 mins is about all I can take.

Laura-any fun weekend plans?

bbl
Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 PM
DeCathelete

Diana:: Wow, busy morning for you! What weight work out are you leaning towards if you can fit one in today? So the girls are shaving your DH's beard!? Not with a straight edge I hope! That IS a lot of $$ for athletic fees! Having a child is never cheap I suppose! Joey is costing us more every day in food costs! That's for sure! Yeah I hear you on the yoga! IDK how I am doing it either (LOL) except to say that I've grown to really enjoy and appreciate it. If I didn't, I could NEVER last that long!

Wendy
Old 08-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Cathlete

Cool sat

Hey girlies..

Me n sil just did ttm...it was sweatfest..ystdy rest day was much needed..after day from hell at work...

About to get out by the pool before afternoon showers hit...db..dn..n sil supposed to be tiding over..mayb rain eill hold off for r while...

Di..lol about the girls shaving your dh..lol

Lori..glad u arrived safely n plan on having fun catching up with dh...sorry about the crappy attitudes on the plane...ugh

Wendy..great workout..the step part is fun on ttm...and i dont really care for step anymore...i like the set up on the new workouts..

Ok.bbtr run..everyone have a great weekend!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning

Had a good day yesterday. We did some shopping, nothing for myself of course..picked up most of DS's school cloths and a couple of outfits for DD. I would like to get DS some sneakers and a coat and then he will be done. I have to go back to the mall though b/c they didn't remove one of the tags on the shirt I bought for DD...and I didn't beep when I went through the doors either We went out for dinner last night and then back to the hotel and put the baby to sleep. Had a pretty relaxing evening.

I did 30 mins on the TM and 15 on the elliptical yesterday morning. I will probably do something similar today. The baby is up and fed and DH is still sleeping...it's not even 7 a.m here yet.

Wendy** maybe I should check out some of these workouts. This hotel room doesn't have a DVD player to use. I brought insanity asylum and cardio core fusion. DH was suppose to bring his laptop but I don't think he did.

Diana** sounds like your having a fun weekend. Yeah I wasn't impressed with the lady on the plane either. I think she said something about the guy in front of me putting his seat up right so I could squeeze through. I don't know why I'm not more vocal. I'm not looking forward to my return flight b/c it's an even bigger plane with 3 row seating. I thought about taking the aisle seat but when I need to nurse I can just turn my back and face the window. I keep hoping DS will sleep for a full flight but he only slept for about half of the others.

Laura** do you always workout with your sil? That must be fun and it would def keep most people committed to their workout. Some people have to have someone to keep them accountable but I doubt your like that. One of the ladies I trained would never workout unless she was coming to my house or walking with a friend. She just didn't have the motivation.

Gonna head to the gym again when DH wakes up. Enjoy your day everyone!

Lori
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

I need prayers for my sister. My nephew called yesterday afternoon to let me know my sister was in the hospital with Meningitis. When I got there she was in a lot of pain, severe headache which the Dr. said was most likely caused by the spinal tap. She's been having neck pain for about 2 weeks which is one of the signs of meningitis and also had what she thought was the flu. On top of all this, she only has one kidney that functions at about 70%-80% and all these pain meds really stress the kidneys.

I never got my new kicks or a w/o in yesterday. Today I have work to do since I'm a bit behind on my tasks. I may go for a short bike ride this morning just to clear my head. I'll be heading back to the hospital this afternoon. Her son, SIL, and MIL are there this morning. Her DH spent the night with her and he had to take their DD to work (about 150 mile round trip) this morning.

Lori-sounds like you are having a good time! I hate when they don't take all the tags off, it's not like we can get those plastic things off at home. When do you head back home, tomorrow???

Well the girls are up now and I just got them breakfast...not sure my w/o will happen now with everything I need to get done. However, I know I would feel much better if I worked out.

Hi Wendy & Laura

bbl
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM
DeCathelete

Good Afternoon.

Today's work out was High Reps Upper Body 39 min premix but I skipped the abs and the stretch and added the cardio only and stretch from High Step Challenge instead. Good work out.

The original plan was ub at the gym with DH but we over slept so that got all screwed up coz we had to go to a later Mass.

Diana:: ((HUGS))!!!!!!!!! So very sorry to hear about your sister. Thoughts and prayers going out for a quick recovery for her!!!

Lori:: Glad you are having a nice time visiting DH. I'll bet you n DH had a relaxing evening! So you say you SHOULD check out some of those work outs and I agree but I know you won't!

Laura:: Hope you are having a fun and relaxing weekend at home!

BBITAM!

Wendy
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Cathlete

Hi Girls

DH went for a resistant workout so I'm hanging in the hotel room with a baby that should be napping. He goes to sleep for 2 mins and wakes up again. He was up before 6 and has only slept for about 20 mins since then. I was hoping we would both have a nap while DH is out, I'm not counting on it.

I went for a run outside earlier which I don't like to do in a unfamiliar place but it beats that TM. I ran to the 3 k mark and then I started going down st's then turning around .5 k down the st...by the time I returned I ended up running 10.5 k.

Diana** my goodness...that's not good news! I guess you do need to clear your head. My heart would be broken if that were my sister. Praying that she will have a speedy recovery...stay positive!

Wendy** yeah you know me to well. You know I'm all talk and no action . You guys have such dirty,dirty minds . I have to fit 6 months of sex into 4 days......

I may bbl we will see how the day goes. I'd like to have a little snooze...even if it were only 5 mins and then we'd take a walk to the coffee shop while we wait. I don't feel like having a coffee unless I just wake up!

Lori