CoNtRoL the DaMaGe in Aug!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning

Two more sleeps to go...or more like one. I probably won't even sleep the night before. Not to mention that I will have to get up before 5 . I'm not worried about me...thinking about the baby. I'm sure he will be fine to considering that his eyes were open at 4:30 for to long.

Yesterday I did GS chest,tris and back in the a.m. And last night I did TTM plus some leg work.

There isn't much happening here today. It's my sil's bday and mine tomorrow so we are going to my inlaws for dinner tonight. She's making chicken lasagna and I made Mac and cheese yesterday for everyone...to much pasta so I think a nice long cardio is a good idea for today. It's not hot here so maybe DD will watch the kids so I can run.

Gonna read yesterday's thread...then I will return!
Lori:)

Diana** never think your to old for this stuff:p. I've never even thought that and half of the time I am walking around with joints and bones cracking! Lol I can't even walk up the steps without my ankles cracking a million times...not sure what's up with that. When I had my massage last week I mentioned it to the girl and she said she's tried doing some research on it and never really came up with any answers. Your workout sounded tough though. We all have to keep moving for as long as we can and lord knows we love to. My biggest issue with travelling on Friday is the fact that I will be sitting on a plane for 3.5 hours for the first leg:confused:. I'm not used to sitting for that long and sometimes the baby likes me walked around but b/c I have to wake him so early I am hoping he will sleep for most of it.

Wendy** nice job in getting that run in last night. I know what you mean about cute kids. DS makes me so mad some times but he is so cute. I chopped all of his hair off the other night b/c it was just to long. DH says when his hair is crazy then he is crazier...it didn't work! I tried clicking on the coconut chicken recipe but it wouldnt open. It sounded so yummy!

Laura** lol at you and your 6 ibuprofen! I'm thinking about purchasing the slow and heavy series again ( I had it on VHS) but didn't use it. I think I would now b/c I am more into the heavy lifting now. I love it. And I love seeing improvements in what I can lift!

I will bbl to report my workout!

Good Morning!:)

Today's plan is yoga and this full body LF work out - Blue Voltage Workout : @LovingFit

I have some DOMS in my back this morning. Seems odd but I guess it's possible that I got it from y'day's yoga??

Lori, IDK why you wouldn't have been able to open the chicken recipe but I am reposting the link for you. Hopefully it will work this time!
Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette | Skinnytaste Nice work out y'day! That's alot! It would take me 3 days to get through what you did in just 1!:p LOL Oh btw-check your PM's. ;)

BBL!:cool:

Diana posted in the July thread this morning by accident so I left her a note there letting her know to come here and that I was copying her post over to this thread so here it is::

Good Morning Ladies,

I should be out running.... I need new running shoes, maybe I can get those today at lunch. So many errands to run, so little time.

Last night I came home, got laundry started, dinner stared...DH cooked pork chops on the grill, more laundry, mowed the lawn, fixed the sprinkler head...UGH. Why can't anyone else help out.:mad: It's like no one else recognizes what needs to be done. Then they get annoyed when I ask them to do something.

Wendy-nice run yesterday. Wouldn't you prefer to do yoga after you ran? The closest I get to yoga is StretchMax.:p That coconut salad looks delicious. The family would eat that, not sure about the eggplant though. I've made a few dishes with eggplant and I like it, but the rest of the family would prefer to have meat.

Lori-Bet you're excited to go visit DH. I've been meaning to ask you, when you do 2 wt w/o series, do you complete like GS BSB then do say 4DS BSB or do you do each body part from each series before moving to the next body part? I don't have a multi disc player in my w/o room so I would have to complete one series before moving to the next...or be switching dvd''s for each body part.

Laura-I'm still missing my heavy lifting....after the tri I'm going to get in some weights. I don't want to tire out any of my muscles, especially legs, until after the tri. What's on the agenda today?

bbl

I'm back...my work out is done...well, as much of it as I was doing until later maybe if I get a second wind!:p Blue Voltage was a lot tougher then I thought it would be :eek: so I could only muster up the energy to do 1 round of the exercises instead of 2 like the w/o calls for and then I did 40 mins of Kundalini yoga. :)

OK .. forgot it was a new month ..

so here is my post that was posted in the other thread ..

Morning Ladies ..

Well I have a real bad pain in my ear .. WTH?? I swallowed an ibuprofen ystdy and it hit my tonsil .. sharp pains went thru my ear .. it got worse as day progressed .. thought it was a fluke and would be better today .. well it isnt :mad: pain shoot thru it every time I swallow .. WTH?????? it even hurts to touch it ???? I reluctantly took some sudafed this morning hoping that helps .. ??? I didnt workout ystdy b/c it was hurting and DH wanted help at rental house ... but hoping I can manage to workout this afternoon .. dang it!! TTM or AT on tap tonight!

Di - bootcamp sounds great .. and new running shoes can make ALL the difference in sore/tired knees and joints .. I luv my Mizunos!!

Wendy - Good job on the run!! WTG girlie!

Lori - when do you leave to see DH? >>>> ok .. so you leave FRIDAY - woohooo .. I know you are sooooo excited!!!

OK .. better run .. FIRST of the month .. AND a FULL MOON :eek::eek::eek: AW LAWD!!! gonna be insanity at the asylum the rest of the week! have a great one!

PS: I get my hair done this morning .. WISH ME LUCK .. after spending a year growing it out .. I am cutting it again .. :O)))))) ... not sure what my hairdresser is gonna say to cutting it .. thinking layers again ..and possible light bangs .. :O))))) ..

Hair did!

Well I left it to her - she cut about 3 -4 inches off - and cut long layers ..shorter in back than front .. (not stacked) and went cautious on the bangs .. longer than what i was expected .. but I like it ... kinda glad she was more cautious as not to be a total shock to me or DH .. it is more healthy looking for sure!! I think layers look better on me - no color will do that next time and I will prbly go darker!! ;) ear still paining me . but right now planning on trying to workout this afternoon!

Thanks Wendy! Now I know why I found us on page 2! At least I wasn't the only one!

I ended up doing TTM this morning. I was just too tired to run...not sure that TTM was any easier. Hope to pick up some new runners in the next few days.

Lori-you are a busy bee. Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

Laura-so we all have new do's...yay for fresh cuts! Maybe a Dr. appt is in order for your ear pain.

bbl

Good Afternoon Girls.

DS and I ended up going out for lunch at a diner. I had a yummy veggie pannini and he had pancakes. When we got home I promptly took a nap with my dog!:p LOL I made up for it though by getting up 30 minutes later and attacking my shower (cleaning) and assorted other surfaces...

The weather here today is awful. Cloudy/rainy all day long. Drove through a monsoon to go to lunch! It was a bit scarey. Blinding rain!!! :eek: That being said, lunch is all we have been out for and all I intend to go out for too! Going to play the wii together in a few minutes probably until it's time for me to start cooking dinner...

So as you can see my possible thought of completing round 2 of that w/o this afternoon is NOT going to happen!:p

Laura:: Glad your hair came out nice. Sorry about the pain in your ear. Be careful working out. Anytime the ears are affected it could probably affect your balance, etc. Don't want to see you getting hurt.

Diana:: No problem! I certainly know what it's like to miss the thread! LOL Good job with TTM but I agree about it probably not being easier then running but definitely a different type of work out and that can make a difference! My DH is an eggplant lovin' italian so I know he'll like the panninis! :D As far as not helping out...I think it's a "man thing". DH will do anything I ask but he sems to be "blind" to most of what needs to be done around the house that I think would be obvious to him (unless it's something he usually does like take the garbage to the corner for p/u or cut the grass) so unless I ask, he's probably not likely to take notice of it and do it. :rolleyes: *sigh* :rolleyes: MEN! :confused:

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Last edited:
Wendy .. so how exactly did you do those upside down mountain wall climbers :confused::confused::confused: that workout looked awesome . but have a feeling I would break something trying to do the wall climbers .. YIKES!!! can only imagine how hard they are .. I dont think I could do those .:p.. WTG girlie.. ya one round of all that is a WORKOUT for sure .. I dont think you have to even freat about missing round 2 tho!!!

Wendy .. so how exactly did you do those upside down mountain wall climbers :confused::confused::confused:

In a couple of words....VERY CAREFULLY!:eek:

They were very tough. Took a lot out of me and FRIED my upper body! I did the first 30 non-stop (though slowly) but then I had to take several breaks to get the 2nd 30 reps in. You can always do regular mountain climbers but I was being stubborn!:p

Hi Girls:)

Had a good day today. My workout was 3.5 miles on the tm, 20 mins tabata spin, and MMA boxing combos. I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow. Probably a full body workout and a run.

Wendy** I should have told you that it was the iPad not the link that was the problem. This iPad is slow when the baby monitor is going. I think it interfers. Nap? What's that? ;). I had a 5 mins one yesterday. I'm guessing I will have a couple on Friday when I am on those flights. Got your pm...awesome idea.

Diana** unfortunately I'm doing everything around here too but only b/c I have too. Ive gotten quicker with mowing the lawn. Use to take me a while...I was doing it to slow. It's irritating when people don't pull their weight. The only thing I can relate to these days is when I ask dd to watch the boys so I can run and she won't do it. And she doesn't feel bad for saying no. I just keep working one body part. I don't have a military disc player either but I usually check on the kids when Im waiting for the next DVD to start.

Laura** you are having a rough go of it! Just as well if you call it quits;). Hope you feel better. Did you get your workout in? A fresh hair cut is always nice.

I will bb in the a.m!

Good Morning Ladies.

I am deciding between a rest day and a yoga only day. We have a "date" with the pool at noon though so if I decide to do yoga I gotta do it soon so we'll see...

BBL for personals!:cool:

PS...Zuzana posted on FB that she is working on creating her own website!!! :D

Last edited:
THURS

Morning Ladies ..

the sudafed and ibuprofen seem to be working on my ear .. :) .. me and SIL did AT last night ... it was tuff but nothing like AB ... I am only a bit twingy in my arms .. the rest is ok .. Today will be Xfactor! then trmw finally a rest day! woot woot ..

Wendy .. I dont know if I could even attempt those wall climbers . YIKES.. i bet upper body and abs were on FIH-YAH!!!!

Lori - yup .. seems like I have had a bunch piled on me here lately . geesh .. but I did get my workout in .. gotta get those scales going in the opposite direction ... ugh

Di - what is on tap for today .. how are the girls???

OK .. better run .. it is busy .. and FULL MOON :eek::eek::eek: and I am on the counter .. UGH!!!!! Calgon take me away!!! have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

Happy Birthday Lori!!!

My training partner and I swam this morning. My lower back was bothering during swimming and is a bit sore still. Nothing serious, but enough to be bothersome. Tomorrow morning is a 3 mile run....hitting at least the 3 mile mark if not a bit more. Sunday I hope to get in a 12-15 mile bike ride.

My left bunion has been bothering me for quite some time and I'm considering having a bunionectomy on that foot. I've done some research and there is now a 1st metatarsal joint replacement. Plan on seeing my foot dr. soon about having the screws removed from my right foot and seeing what can be done for my left foot.

Laura-I think I like AT better than AB, but it's been a while since I've done AB. The lunges are hard for me since my toe doesn't bend much and it hurts...ugh:mad: The girls are so much fun. DS has been off with them this week and has kept them busy by going the zoo, movies, today they are going to Great Grandma's house and tomorrow they are coming to my work.

Wendy-I finally had a chance to check out that LF FB w/o...OMG, ITA with Laura...those wall climbers look super tough. I've seen them done on the BR site as well. Can't wait for Zuzana to have her own site!

Lori-I just don't know how you find the time to all these w/o's with 2 young ones. Although I was planning on starting P90X2 after the tri, I think I just want to play it by ear for a few weeks before jumping right into another long rotation.

bbl

Hi Girls

I tried checking in the this morning but I think there were mouths to feed...or some crap like that:p And I just never got back here.

My workout was a run mixed in with HR...it was about 35 mins of running. I had a pretty good day. Not my typical birthday with DH gone. DD bought me some nice treats but then she ditched me. I asked her what she was doing tonight and she said she was hanging with me and then she changed her plans. The baby is gone to bed and DS is with my SIL. He will stay with her all night b/c my flight leaves early in the morning. There were also a few things that were bothersome about today. I am trying to stay positive but I don't feel at all excited right now...I just feel sad and blah.

Wendy** So what did you decide after? Yoga or rest??

Laura** Im sure with a few good workouts and less CABS the scale will move in the right direction:). I bought a few things today to take with me and sizing has gotten so weird. I need to take 3 different sizes when I try something on.

Diana** I guess I just make the time. Now, there are usually tons of interruptions while I am working out but I get it done and if the kids need something, then they usually have to wait until Im working on that body part. I don't mind being interrupted after all of those pushups in GS though. The break usually gives me the strength to lift heavier then I normally would.

Ok...so if I have time in the a.m I will pop in before I leave!

Good Morning!:)

I am only posting before Lori this morning because I am thinking she may not have time to post before heading to the airport! :p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LORI! I got you on FB y'day but missed it on here so I wanted to make sure I did it now! Enjoy your trip!!!!:D Sorry DD ditched you last night. She's a teenager though so I wouldn't take it personally. :p

So y'day turned out to be a rest day (a day early) so today I work out. Not really sure what I want to do. I have so many ideas between lower body, yoga and cardio. I have time to ponder it though since I'm not working out until after I get back from my hair apptmnt which is at 9:30.

Diana:: How did your swim go aside from your achey back? Sorry it was bothering you. Hope it feels better soon.

Laura:: Glad your ear is feeling better. Any fun plans this weekend?

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

My legs are killing me this morning. New shoes are in order TODAY! I was hoping to wait until after the tri, but that isn't going to happen. If I can't get them today then this weekend for sure. Needless to say I'm not running this morning. This will be my rest day I guess and that works for me.

My new bands and firewalker loops arrived yesterday. For some reason, those stretch bands break on me...UGH. I can only find the green firewalker band so I ordered those again too.

Bootcamp was awesome last night...and part of the reason I'm so sore this morning. We had a sub since our normal trainer is out of town for the next 2 weeks. She is one of the spin instructors and I really like her w/o's. She's a little ball of energy! After 15 min of running, we did 4 stations for 3-4 minutes each, and pushups between each station. We finished up with ab work and a long stretch.

Wendy-Sounds like we are all on the same hair schedule!:p The swim practice was good, my training partner has unbelievable swim endurance. I tend to get winded much easier than she does. I'm planning on taking swim lessons in January, prior to the start of next year's tri training class that I'm already planning on taking.:D

Laura-You are back on track with your w/o's, that's for sure. Enjoy your rest day today! I'm considering having a CAB tonight.;) How's the new car????

Lori-Enjoy your long weekend with DH!!!

bbl

TGIF!!!! woot woot ..

YSDTY - Me and SIL met and did XFACTOR .. wow .. worked up a sweat ..SIL was surprised .. DOMS: hammies - chest - core! TODAY IS MY REST DAY >>> woot woot!! seven solid days and no skipped workouts .. woohoo .. hoping the scale starts moving now!! :D

Lori - oh man hate you are not excited .. hoping whatever was bringing you down is over and you are enjoying your SAFE flight to see your DH ... and have a GREAT time .... got some catching up to do .. you two have fun!!! ;)

Wendy - Plans for the weekend are another weekend at HOME .. woohoo .. housework - exercising and laying by the pool!! I am locking the gate and daring outsiders to come in .. LOL .. hoping DB, DN and DSIL come over in afternoons and play in pool tho!!

Di - bootcamp sounds fun .. always fun when you get a different instructors take on things.. IF they are good instructors .. lol!!!

OK .. it has taken me forever to type this .. THIRD of month - FRIDAY .. and a FULL MOON ... CRAZY day!! have a great one!!

Crossfire as produced and Yoga Relax Premix #1 are done! :D

Time for a shower and some housework before it's time to start dinner!

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.