The Competitors - Weekly Check-in 1/28

Brighton

Cathlete
Good afternoon, everyone!!!

Hope training is going well and everyone is happy & healthy! Things here have been so busy, it's hard to get everything done. I managed to get a run & swim in on Saturday, and today I went 2.6 miles on the treadmill & 10 miles on the bike. Trying to make up for a couple missed workouts last week. ;-)

Sunny - thanks for the tip about iTrain, it looks really awesome. What are the distances for your race in Aug?

Cookie - Welcome to the thread!!! That relay sounds like a blast. How far is your leg of the race? BTW, I think it is just so great that you teach... I have so much respect for that profession.

Moonspryte - How are you doing? Missed you last week! :)

Well, here is how my week is shaping up training-wise... I'm on week 3 of 22:

Mon - Run (15/15 min walk/run) & 30 min bike
Tues - Bike (30 min) & Push/Pull
Wed - Run (15/15) & Swim (30 min)
Thurs - Bike (38 min) & Yoga
Fri - Run (15/15) & Swim (30 min)
Sat - Bike (48 min) & Supersets

If you're thinking about joining the thread, jump on in! We'd love to have you!

All the best to everyone!!!
:D :D :D

‘Evening Competitors!

This past week also flew by for me and discombulated my workout plans. I didn’t get the distances in I planned for as my hip flexor is bothering me. It’s annoying how it keeps coming back to remind me that it is there! Next week is the stair climb, and hopefully it will be better by then. I’ve been doing cardio and high step on a Bosu and am really enjoying that.
The past two weekends I worked with candidates on National Board for Teaching certification. I love doing it, but it really has been cutting into my workouts. During the week, because of the dark, I’m restricted to the treadmill, which is an older model and pretty noisy. Needless to say, my family doesn’t want to hear it at 4:30 a.m.! Hopefully, I’ll manage to throw something in the crockpot tomorrow before work, so I can squeeze in a few miles when I get home on mill. Thursday and Friday I have to go away to a meeting and will hopefully get to use the hotel’s treadmill or find a good loop there.
We’re each doing numerous stages of the relay, and the rotation hasn’t been set. I’m expecting it will be about 40 miles each, broken up into about 4 sections. Boy, I really should be practicing now!

Brighton, have you joined a group to train with? I’m not a good swimmer, so a tri is not for me. However, someday I’d love to do a Century. I’ve done a lot of bike riding in the past, which is probably why I have such tight hip flexors.

Sunny, how did I miss your tip on the iTrains? Would you please repeat it? Thanks!

Well, off to read over teacher entries. Stay healthy and enjoy the sweat!

Cookie

Hi Cookie, I'm sorry to hear your hip flexor has been bothering you! Wow, 40 miles-- even broken up sounds like quite the experience! I hope you are feeling better for the stair climb next week as well.

I don't train with a group... though that sounds like fun. With two little ones it seems like I'm always jumping into a workout whenever I can fit it in. I'm hoping I can get one of my friends to join in... I have a few friends that did a half marathon together last year (I couldn't for health reasons), and they had a blast. But the swimming is putting them off, too. I guess I'm a little spoiled having grown up on swim teams. Can you believe Sunny's learned how to swim just to do the tri? I was seriously blown away. A Century sounds like a lot of fun... I'd love to do one as well.

I know how you feel with the treadmill... I'm living in the land of ice & snow right now, so I have been one with the treadmill for the last month! :D

Oh, Sunny posted it on the end of last week's thread, but itrain.com has some neat looking workouts that you can download to your mp3 player that help with treadmill workouts, etc. It looks like a neat site, though I haven't fully explored it yet.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! Crazy weather here, so looks like I'm training indoors for awhile... All the best to you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.