Commit to Get Fit and Lean- Thursday, May 13th

Today will be D27 Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's. And of course a stretch...maybe stretch max 1.

So work was decent business wise yesterday, but really sucked otherwise. My boss threw total attitude because I was sick Saturday. :rolleyes: So I felt like I was walking on eggshells all day. Whatever.
No DG, which kind of concerns me. His mother is in her 80's and has MS. If I dont' see him today, then I'll know something is very wrong. :(
My CPR class started at 6 pm last night and I didn't get out until 10:30! :eek: This guy loved to talk ,but he was fun, so it was ok.

Belinda- How was your flight?? Now you're on our time!! :p So why are you here? Just a visit?

Amelia- I'm glad your back is better! I might youtube that kelly coffee meyers (damn her name is too long) and see what that's about.

Lori- Nope not over with DG yet. :eek: LOL I still talk to DJ pretty regularly, but usually a phone call now. I'm gonna try and come up with guys I know through the alphabet..............;) Hope you had a good workout yesterday!! Congrats to your parents on 42 years! It will be my parent's 34th on June 6th. You dont' hear many couples these days making it that far anymore.

Helene- Which cookbook is the one that's your favorite? My heart rate got up to 93% on the high intensity drills (nothing abnormal), but it was a better calorie burn because it was a longer cardio workout then what I've been doing! Doing half hour interval runs on the treadmill I was getting max 300 cals. As I keep going I'm sure I will burn more as I run longer/eventually faster. How was your long day?? Hope you had a great workout! Any doms? I have/did have Leaner Legs. It is still stuck in my VCR as we speak! LOL

Deb- Isn't it awful when your days off are busier and crazier than your work days?? :confused: Meeting a "Dr" wouldn't bother me at all. ;) Just depends on what kind! :p

Trish- So did you get the DOMS you were hoping for?? Sounds like you had a great workout. Wow, you have a really cool weekend ahead of you. Enjoy yourself!!! :D

Have a great day ladies! BBL

Good morning,

Im so tired this morning:(.(----Confession Time-----) I have been having trouble sleeping and I KNOW why, its because i have went back to an old habit of nibbling at night. If i eat at night i can't sleep that well. *sigh*, I have GOT to break this habit before i start doing damage. I haven't stepped on the scale in a while, just can't face it. Im seriously thinking about joining WWers again. But this time i will do it online. I need something fresh, something new, so i can get my focus back. Right now im really struggling with the calorie counting. I do great all day but then i start the nibbling at night and the day's all went to hell:mad: Or i could go see a nutritionist? Or maybe i will get that job so i can have something to do other than bitch about my food for the day :p LOL;) My mom seems to think that is my problem:rolleyes:...im bored.

But on the other hand my workouts are pretty good. I plan on doing some cardio + some upper body weights today. I also need to do some core work. And i will walk my Cassie girl this afternoon.

Iris-How many classes are involved in getting a CPR cert? I hope DG's Mother is ok. maybe you will hear from him soon.

Hello to everyone...i will bbl to hopefully report a workout.

Good morning:

Iris: I hope that DG's mom is OK. Hopefully he will let you know. Now maybe if you had each other's number.........LOL I figure your boss is the same lady that gave you hell last time for not being able to cancel all your plans? From what you told me, it's best just to ignore her ...... and to keep sending out those resumes. Glad you had fun with DCPR :eek: Why do you still have a VCR?! The book is this but it doesn't look like it's available anymore. It was one of those on sale outside Borders that looked good at the time.

Amelia: Uggh, I don't have advice but I do have sympathy since my eating is always a problem. I am not sure it's the bored factor, but I do know that for me starting something new works the best. So the WW online might be a good idea if you can stick to it. I've never been to a nutritionist so I have no idea. Have a good workout today.

Trish: That does sound like a full weekend. My Achilles is still bothering me so I am laying low as much as I can. Then I will be perfectly healthy and will be able to do all the workouts that I want (famous last words right ;)?)

Lori: How did your work day turn out yesterday?

Deb: I hope the thing with your son went well. Do you mean to tell me that they still have to check up on him after all that. I am sorry that both of you had so much to go through from that one mistake. I hope your boom boom workouts are allowing you to have fun.

Do I ever have leg DOMS today! I have Yoga at lunch. Got home past midnight. This weekend we're going to visit my brother so I will be gone.

Hey to everyone that comes later.

Iris: Side note about the cookbook. They have a 2003 edition (no picture) but it's likely to be pretty close except maybe with new recipes? The good thing is there are 50 used ones for sale starting at $3.

OK, off I go......

my workout is done for the day. I walked the dog for 30mins then did level one of 30 day shred. Im back to counting calories today. I think i will make a ticker that i can update everyday that im on plan? Changing the ticker everyday will keep me motivated...

Helene-High fives on the doms...nice job!

Hi girls,

Today's my day to lose my post:( Took a spin class this morning and off to work soon needed to stop back home because someone needed something, ugh!

So yesterday my son's house visit was weird. The guy walks in and right away my guts tells me he's either :eek: or scared of me:eek: I walk him upstairs down a hallway and he doesn't even look into DS's room and says everything is fine. He couldn't have seen anything from where he was standing:confused: So DH wants me to tell him they'll do a visit every month so he keeps his room clean. I already told other DS that he needs to keep his room clean too because they are doing a whole house inspection . . . he wasn't buying it :)

Belinda - Are you in Texas for an event?

Iris - Thanks for starting the threads for us:) So next time tell your boss you'll come to work and spread all you germs around:rolleyes: Hope DG's Mom is ok.

Amelia - I used to snack at night when my kids were little too:( I think I was either bored or finally had me time. Sounds like you have some good plans in place.

Helene - Love leg DOMS! Have fun at your brothers:)

Trish - Ooh can I come too;) If you keep with your plan of 10PM lights out you'll be in good shape for the weekend.

Lori - What are you up to today?

Cookie - Worried about you:(

Have a great day:)

Last edited:
Hey Girls!

Late check in for me! I started readed as soon as my eyes opened b/c I wanted to get my 2nd exam wrote. The 1st two exams were like introductions. Alot of which we already know b/c we live a healthy lifestyle. I wrote the 1st exam yesterday and got a 93% ( one question wrong) and earlier today I did another one and got a 100%. Now I feel as if the real work as started. Which is great b/c I am working all weekend and it will probably be pretty quiet, lots of reading time! I also start my 8 day stretch tomorrow. The girl I work with is going away. I won't be there all of the time. Mostly on my own shifts and I will just pop in for her shifts. I am sure the week will fly by. So b/c of this I decided to do my last long run today....23k. My mom was here so it was a perfect time to do it. I may try and get one more 20 k or so in before next week.

I am thinking I might actually crack up at work this week. Depending on how annoying my boss is. I am hoping I will get the nerve to ask him about our salary review. I am not waiting that long.

I had a good time with my mom and my aunt. We went shopping yesterday and we all went out for supper last night. My workout yesterday was 3 miles on the TM/ 30/30 and half of 40/20. I may do a full body weight workout tomorrow.

Oh...my dress arrived today! Its the kind of dress that is tight around the rib area...which is uncomfortable and there is no way that DD's dress is going to fit her! Its soooo small!!! Im not sure what we will do about that!

Also.......DD went away with $688 in her bank account and $140 in her wallet. She didn't go shopping until Tues afternoon, guess how much money she had by yesterday afternoon??? $47 in her bank account and $70 in her wallet!!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine what she must have bought! ugh!

I will bbl for personals!

Lori:)

Iris** You will have to start guys names like hurricane names! hehe! Start from A-Z!!! Hope DG's mom is o.k! Doesn't sound good considering her age and condition.

Ameila** Boredom could be your problem. Why not go for a walk in the evening? That would keep you occupied. I think we are going to head out tonight after supper. Its a nice evening and the dog needs to be walked. But I am sure everyone else is walking their dogs as well so it won't be a real pleasant walk!

Helene** Have a good visit with your bro!!!

Deb** Your trick sounds like something I would have tried. DD's room is spotless....b/c she hasn't been in there all week. I can only imagine the mess she will make on Sat!!!

I may bbl! If not tomorrow morning!

Lori:)

Good Evening Ladies

I am patiently waiting on my quinoa to cook. Even the chicken is done already. :confused: I am making a quinoa pilaf tonight, with onion, zucchini, cilantro, parsley and lemon and lime. It will be interesting to see how it tastes.

So it was a real slow start at work, even had time to sneak a couple of other posts in. Had an awesome workout today!! I have doms in my triceps already! And I still have no idea about DG..............

Deb- It's about time you lost a post.....you need to carry your weight around here, girl! LOL Haha about your other son buying it....lol That's kinda funny. Hopoe your day at work went smooth!

Lori- :eek: @ your daughter's spending! You must have had a coronary..... But good job on your pre-tests! I hope your work week goes by smooth. I'd bring up the salary thing just get under your boss's skin, but that's the kind of mood I'm in! So do you think you'll pull off the dress comfortably? What are you going to do about your DD's? LOL @ Hurricane names....don't give me any idea's!

Helene- thanks for the link to the cookbook! I will definitely check that out! And yeah you're right about ignoring my boss....that's exactly what I do now! And today she's "talking" to me.....:rolleyes: Even when she starts flipping out (which she does regularly now) I say nothing....nothing at all. I still have a VCR because I dont' know why. All I know is that I need to turn it on in order for my dvd player (which is a Playstation 2..LOL) to work! lmao @ DCPR....what's funny is that my partner's name was Andre!! And he was kinda hot! So it's official.....the beginning of the alphabet...DA! Wow you were at work late! Nice job on DOMs...always a good thing! How did yoga go?

See you all in the morning!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.