Commit to Get Fit and Lean Thursday 1/28

'Morning!
I've gone back and checked out what's been going on. Glad to hear everyone is fairly healthy and doing well, and that Iris hasn't started any more fires.
It's been an extremely hectic week for me. I've also strained my traps with moving boxes in and out of my car, plus a wicked cold and sinus infection. Good news, my mom got taken off oxygen last night! No wo to report, but hope you all have great ones. Any news on Belinda?
Cookie

So I can't seem to decided between Kickbox, Athletic Step, or Step Moves......I'm not sure which will get me most pumped for today's double....I'm leaning towards Athletic Step, for whatever reason it brings me back to Daytona. I think it's some of the moves and the music mix in it.
I have the old newsletter from Daytona in my emails....and today is supposed to be the day we find out about the auditions......I wonder if that will happen. :cool:

Belinda- I'm awaiting your return!

Amelia- Nice workout yesterday! I'm leaning towards getting some Rodney Yee yoga soon.... I hope you are feeling less stressed today! *hugs*

Lori- How are you feeling today? Do you just do a lot of running (I'm assuming?) on your active rest week? Onions....well you could try staying away from them and see what happens?

Trish- Wow...7 quart crockpot...that's big, but you'll always have it for those big meals! I have a 4 quart. And yeah I guess you could say porridge is kind of like oatmeal.....in the recipe I put raisins, dates, and pure vanilla in....on the last one I also put some almond extract in...but unfortunately it blew up....:(

Deb- Sorry you have to go to work tomorrrow! Well at least it won't be all day??

Cookie and Helene--- *Waving*

Have a great day ladies!

Good Morning!:)

I am up before anyone else, even though I woke DH up about an hour ago. He always says " don't let me sleep in tomorrow" He sets an alarm and then I have to wake him and he still doesn't get up?? Grow up, I'd say. Your 34 yrs old! LOL

I have been up since 6...back and forth to the washroom again:confused: My a$$ feels like its on fire:eek: I have used the washroom 5 x's in 3 hours. So this is exactly like yesterday morning. I felt crappy all morning but by mid morning to lunch time, it was gone. I did taste my soup yesterday but I didn't have a big bowl. Im going to try one more morning...if I feel like this again tomorrow then I will have to make a Dr's apt. Problem is I will be waiting a week to get in and see him. Its odd that I was fine from Sat afternoon till Tues evening though. I had a slice of toast before my coffee today to see if that helps. I didn't want to drink coffee on a empty stomach.

So I need to clean up my eating a bit. I haven't gained any weight but the picking in the afternoon is a bit much sometimes. There is a TON of junk in my cupboard from Christmas so maybe I should dig through that and get rid of some of it.

My workout will just be a run today. I am waiting for DS to wake up to see how he feels. He threw up last night while I was at work but it was probably due to his cough b/c he hasn't throwen up since. I already called work and told them that I wouldn't be in but yesterday afternoon DS seemed to be returning to his normal evil self so if he is like that this afternoon, I will take him to the sitters for a couple of hours and I will go to work and do a few things...

Sorry so looooooooooong!

Cookie** You must be so excited that your mom is off of oxygen! Thats a big step. Hopefully I step in the right direction!

Iris** Why don't you do like I would do and just do all of the workouts:D;) I love it when certain things bring back memories. There are certain smells that bring me waaaay back...like to my childhood. Certain songs as well. I think I just did cardio during my rest weeks the last time but this time I think i am going to do 3-4 circuit workouts during my rest week. You know Im not taking a week of nothing!!

I will bbl to report. Im leaning towards a good abs workout, a run and 30/30.

Lori:)

Hi girls,

We have a small snow storm only about 3 inches but what a mess it is. I drove DS to work and the roads were so slippery and lots of traffic. There was a school bus and lots of cars disabled:( I was going to go to the gym but I'm going to do Disc 11 back & tri's while I wait for this storm to pass and go to work afterwards.

Hmm, DH had my tea waiting for me when I came home. I think I like when he isn't feeling well:eek:

Iris - I hope you win the auditions contest. Maybe Cathe will announce the winner when she announces new DVD's:)

Cookie - Sending you healing vibes for your shoulder and cold. It's so annoying when you get hurt from doing ordinary tasks:(

Lori - I hope you and DS feel better today. I'm not sure what to do either on STS rest week but I can't wait:)

Amelia - I hope your less stressed today.

Hi Belinda, Trish & Helene.

Have a great day everyone:)

Hey girls, finished my workout earlier. I did MM timesaver then a 30min dogwalk.

Dh told me some bad news( sigh,more bad news) he's getting laid off for one month...:confused: he's suppose to go back to work in march. At least he can get unemployment for that one month and its only going to be for a month( i hope). Im ok, just kinda bummed:(

Lori-Mygoodness,what is going on with your tummy? You must of had some bad meat or something? ugh,sorry...i know its frustrating. Have a great run today!

Iris-Crossing my fingers for you, i would be sooooooo cool to see you in a workout w/Cathe:eek:

Cookie-so glad to hear you mom is off oxygen...thats great news! I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie-3inches:confused: i hope the disabled cars weren't in the cold for too long...specially the school bus:( have a good workout w/sts

Hello to everyone...anyone heard anything about Belinda? I need to go see if theres an update...

i will try and catch up later, ive got to get some laundry done.

Last edited:
Hi Girls,

Well...I got into to see my Dr this afternoon:) He figures that I had a stomach bug last week and that eating dairy wasn't a wise choice. He said that whenever anyone has a stomach bug they shouldn't eat dairy for a couple of days after. I have to elimate dairy for the next week and then add it back in slowly. If i don't feel any better in 3-4 days i have to take a sample to the hospital:confused:

Todays workout was 4.3 miles on the TM and 30/30. I also did abs before cardio.

Ameila** Things don't seem to be going right these days! Hopefully it is just for a month. I guess house hunting will be put on hold?

Deb** Enjoy your workout.I have legs to do this week and thats it. My hamstrings are still sore from the other day.

BBL!

Lori:)

Evening Ladies,

Late check in today. Work was a zoo today! I even ended up working late:confused: Today's wo was iclimb13 (30 mins, 5.66 miles, 334 cals) and shoulders and biceps @ the gym. I think I will do some Cathe legs tomorrow AM.

Iris - That porridge recipe sounds yummy! If you have a minute, please share ;) Maybe I'll make a 7 qt batch! Fingers crossed for your video shoot!

Cookie - So glad your mom is doing better. How are her spirits holding up? My MIL is going in for her implant next month. She's so excited!!

Lori - Glad that you went to the Dr. I hope you've been drinking lots of water so that you aren't getting dehydrated. How did DS make out today?

Deb - How nice of DH. I think if my DH did that for me I would fall to the ground in disbelief! Hope you didn't do to much slipping and sliding?

Amelia - Sorry to hear about DH's work situation. Hopefully it won't stress him out and he can look at it like a 4 week vacation:confused:

Helene - Hope you had a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.