Commit to get fit and lean for Thu Jan 31st 2008

Good Morning!:)

Ugh! I am up waaaay to early! Just hoping that I don't get to lazy throughout the day and Im glad I get to sleep in tomorrow cause no workout until the afternoon.
I tried to get to bed early last night but I promised DD I would play monopoly with her and that seemed to go on and on forever~ Then as soon as my head touched the pillow DS woke. DH rocked him, put him back then he woke again...then I rocked him put him back and he stayed there till 3 anyway. He freaked out yesterday when he went to the sitters and sometimes I wonder if he doesn't have bad dreams in the night time about getting dropped off! LOL Is nightmare is about to become a reality in a few hours:)

I think I am going to do a run and something else shortly. Maybe 4DS BC or the circuit work of BM2.Im going to do abs though while I am waiting for my energy drink to kick in. Prehaps i should have just stayed in bed!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Commiters to get fitters;-)

Today is going to be 20mins of HIIT on my new treadmill! Thinking about doing one of the programs on there,theres a walk/run interval that looks pretty neat!

DH and I Finally got the new Tread Mill put together last night! it took forever because I had to make a quick run to walmart where I purchased it! Can you guys believe that the INSTRUCTION MANUAL and HARDWARE were missing from the box? Talk about being PISSED!! I called walmart and the lady said"oh,just bring it back and will exchange it" I immediately said"NO MAM!" -After talking with the manager she just gave me the missing parts out of another one that they had....it was still a P.I.T.A that I had to drive there at 9at night!

ok,vent over ;-)

Oh and my cathe order is shipped and should arrive friday,happy dancing!!!

Belinda-Did you decide on a cardio?

Lori-DH and I played monopoly not too long ago,I don't think we have EVER finish a game.I can't wait until my kids are old enough to play with us! Is your DS not felling well? I need to go back and read about your truck getting hit yesterday,I remember reading something about it but the day was SO crazy I didn't get to reply to it! I hope everything is ok with it!and yes,thankgoodness you didn't drive your new jeep!!

::::Good News ::::My DH got a job offer yesterday(besides the other one that was ok,but nothing exciting;-)) but this job offer is exciting! It will start him off at what he was making before the 10% paycut back in november and hell be learning a new skill! Anybody ever heard of CRC Writer for tools! Anyway he'll be running the machine and running a computer instead of doing physical labor! The only thing about is that its second shift so I will have to adjust to that! But this job has a good salary potential so I WILL Adjust;-) plus since he will be home during the day I don't have to worry about a babysitter for ds while I look for a job and work!

ok,sorry about mummbleing this morning girls,ya know how I get when there is coffee in me;-) gotta go now...bbl!

Belinda** I could sleep, other then DS waking me, but I wanted to get my workout over with for the day. The clock in the room is fast though so dumb like I was up to early. I probably could have gotten another 30 mins. I was trying to talk myself into going back to bed but then I thought...I have to get up anyway in like 45 mins so its not like Im earning another 3 hours! Anyway...workout over with and when I go home tonight I can just R-E-L-A-X! Or as relaxing as my home is anyway. Its madness all the time.
Do you have your workout done? I have alot of DOMS today as well. My bics are really feeling yesterdays workout. And my tri's are hurting for some reason. I guess I used them yesterday as well.

Ameila** That is awesome about DH! Did he take it? I hope you enjoy your run today. Remember you have to really push yourself with these runs. Got to get out of your comfort zone. Do you have incline? I usually run a steady state for the first mile to warm up then I play around a bit for the rest of the run. I will increase my speed every .10 by .1 so I will go from 6.0-6.1...and so on, till I can't go any faster. Sometimes I will alternate speed with hills, gets me good!
Annnnd, you have new workouts comming? Woo HOo! I would have been pissed about the manual missing as well! My TM Is making a funny noise and needs to be looked at. I think something just needs to be tightened up.

SO todays workout was a ME abs,a 3 mile run and 4DS BC. I forgot how much fun 4DS BC is! I haven't done it in a while! I also haven't done the step workouts in a while either so I would imagine that I am going to have to learn them alllll over againx(

Have a good day everyone! Ill BBL!

Good morning ladies,

Ok, the rotation calls for Cardio Kicks. I am not sure if I will do that or another kickbox workout. Cardio Kicks is just not one of my favorites x( . I will report my workout when I am done.

Belinda - What cardio workout did you end up doing? I miss the question of the day, are we still doing that?

Lori - Oh, sorry about your interrupted sleep, I hate that. Heidi woke up last night too screaming, so I went in there, gave her her pacifier back (I need to start weaning her of that x( ), laid her back down, pat her for a while and left. Of course she started screaming again for a couple of minutes but then went back to sleep.

Amelia - Wonderful news about your DH's job, congrats!!!! Glad you got your treadmill put together and the extra stuff what you were missing. Bringing back the treadmill, what did they think. Those things are heavy ;) .

Good morning to Lainie, Shannon, Stacey (I hope you get to feel better), Cheryl and everyone I forgot (which I hope I didn't).

Ok, gonna get my tea and my oatmeal now, I am starving.

BBL Kristine :)

Lori - Wow, just read you post about the running. Holy cow, 6.0, 6.1.... I guess I am just jogging then. I can't run that fast, that's crazy. I guess I should start training to get there.

Kristine** With small kids you never know when the wake up call will be. I can handle getting up a few times, not a problem. But when he got up at 4 the other morning and stayed up...I thought I was gonna die! hehe If baby group weren't comming I would have went back to bed when he did.
As for running, its a matter of getting use to it. I usually warm up at 5.8 and if I am doing a long run I may do that for 1 mile, then increase it by .2 , then another mile..you get the picture:) If Im running 8 miles I will do that for 4 miles and then run intervals for the other 4 mies. Time goes by alot faster with interval running and its also great for endurance, and speed.

Could this day BE any longer? Its not 11 o'clock here yet. The good thing is that there is no one around and when my coworker comes back I need to run out...but maybe I should wait till this afternoon though to break things up a bit.

Good morning-

Today is Core Synergistics. I am sort of looking forward to this workout. Since I just did it 2 days ago I really want to push myself and see how it goes. I have a calorie burn goal in mind, and I want to get there.

I am getting really excited about finishing my first p90x rotation and being a 'grad'. This is the first time I have ever stuck with a rotation for 12 weeks. Now I know I can do a marathon, that is 12 weeks of training for some programs. Others can be 18 weeks.

Amelia-that is great on DH job! Did you get your TM up and running? How annoying with those parts not there.

Lori-sounds like you have a good workout planned-how long do you warm up?Just for a mile? You start out warming up at 5.8? Wow.

Lainie- I was so inspired by your post about Lent in OD, that I have decided I am giving up shopping for Lent this year. I am already freaking out about it, but I am really excited too. I had a friend who always gave up sweets for Lent, and every year lost 10lbs by just doing this.

Carrie

Hey girls,

I got my workout in on the TM today,I LOVE that thing! I decided to try out the programs on there first. I did 30mins of the 'fat burning' interval,which was easy...speeds no faster than 4. and I think the highest incline was 8...then I got cocky and decided to try the 'areobic'interval workout and OMG,it started off at 3.5 speed with a 4incline and gradually increased speed and incline then it would go down...at one point i was jogging at 7. @ a 5 incline :eek:,but only for like 3mins,and THAT was enough,LOL:+.

Anyhoot I got a 50minute workout in! I think next time i will do the aerobic interval starting off,that was a nice challenge!

Lori-It will take me a while to jog like you,I was really pushing myself with that 3min 6.speed jog--couldn't imagine running that way straight for miles like you!You GO GIRL! Great workout planned today! the TM has a speed that goes to 10 and an icline that goes to 10,its not to shabby. The incline is so quiet i didn't hear anything when It was going up!

Carrie-So,did you reach your calorie goal for today? Sounds like your were real excited about your workout! I love my new tm,so exciting to finally have one! Im so happy for you,finishing your p90!Good for you!

Belinda-GREAT WORKOUT,sounds like you had a very tuff one..good job!

Kristine-What rotation are you doing agian? I forget! And yes tread mills are heavy(didn't think that heavy) LOL,you should have seen me trying to lift that thing(with dh helps of course)I just couldn't believe how heavy it was,and the box was enormous. My DH was laughing because on the box it states"folds up easy for space saving convience"LOL yeah,it folds and is still as big as a house :D

alrighty,I have been slacking on posting my meals but I promise Im still going steady on the BFL diet,eating every two-three hours. I will post my meals for today---tonight!

hey to Lainie,Stacey,Cheryl,Shannon and anyone else I may have missed! bbl

Hey ladies,

I think my throat is getting worse, I still don't feel too bad except for that. Last night it was really bad, it felt like it was blistered, hurt really bad to swallow. Maybe it just hurt so bad because I had been asleep and it was dry. I will try taking some kind of medicine for it today. Today's workout will be 4ds legs, abs, and practicing my kettlebell stuff.

Lori - Sorry you didn't get enough sleep, hopefully you will have a relaxing afternoon. Great workout, 4DS bootcamp is a lot of fun.

Amelia - YAY for you getting your treadmill put together. I bet you really enjoyed working out on it today. I would have been ticked too about the parts. I hate going to Walmart, it is always so crowded. This doesn't mean I don't go, the prices are too good, I just complain about it when I have to go:) Congrats on your husband getting another job offer.

Kristine - What kickbox workout did you end up doing? I don't have cardio kicks, isn't that one of Cathe's older ones? As far as kickboxing goes my favorite is Amy's kickbox extreme.

Belinda - Great workout:)

Hey to Carrie, Cheryl, Stacey, Lainie, and anyone I missed.:)

Hey Shannon,sorry to hear about the throat,do you have a humidifier? They kinda help with the dry air in the house with my kids and our bedroom! I felt bad monday,felt like I was coming down with something...i took some dayquil and fired up the humidifiers in the house,LOL! My DH saw me get them out and Rolled his eyes,he dosn't think they make a difference but I do.How are you liking your kettleball?

My meals for today:
#1-coffee,1/2 c egg beaters,1slice Whole wheat toast,cup low sodium v8 juice
#2-South beach diet protien ceral bar
#3-1cup turkey chili with 1/4 c LF cheese
#4-tbs NPB on one slice of WW bread
#5-turkey pattie(seasoned w/mrs dash)1/2 c grean beans,2/3 c brown rice,small side salad
#6-1/2 apple low fat string cheese

Those potien ceral bars have 5g fat,15g carbs,10g protein,and 7 surgars! The only thing I don't like about them is all the ingredients x(. You guys think there ok to eat every once in a while?

ok,bbl...hopefully!

Just a quick check-in. Busy day running errands and cleaning house and now Ewan's napping so I need to get in my workout while I can (4DS HIS on my MatStep).

I'm tired again today for some reason, but I'm fighting it--think I can get in my workout at least.

Hope to BBL for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

OK, I'm back for another little visit. What a day. Whew. I took 3 boxes of old toys and stuff to Goodwill. I also went to the post office and to Target. I'm thinking about giving up shopping for Lent, so I guess it was my last big day out shopping. I wonder if I could sneak in so more shopping on Monday or Tuesday....}( Probably wouldn't be in the proper spirit of things to do that.

Then this afternoon I got a package from UPS--my stepmom sent me my wedding dress (which has been stored with her since we moved overseas in 2002). I have no idea where I'll put it but it was nice to see it again.

Belinda, great job on that Hardcore Extreme workout today!

Lori, hope you get some better sleep next time!

Amelia, congrats on DH's new job--sounds awesome!

Kristine, Cardio Kicks is not one of my favorites either--in fact I have it for sale on Amazon right now. Oh wait, someone actually bought it earlier today so I'm mailing it out tomorrow.

Carrie, cool--if we both give up shopping for Lent, then we can also encourage each other during that time. It's just 40 days, but it sure felt like a long 40 days last year. I'm just glad Cathe & Amy already had their presales this time. ;)

Shannon, I was going to ask if you had a humidifier--but Amelia already said the same thing. I recently got humidifiers for our bedroom to use at night--really seems to help.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I am back for a short check in.

Well, I didn't do Cardio Kicks, I actually took the day off, so I will skip this workout and continue with the rotation, so for tomorrow SPJ is on tap.

Kristine :)

Hey ladies,

I had a good workout today, I practiced kettlebell exercises after 4ds legs & abs. Kettlebells are tough but they are a lot of fun. Haven't done a whole lot since except clean the house a little.

Amelia - I don't have a humidifier but I bet that would make my throat feel a little better. I really like kettlebell training, right now I am trying to get my form down on the different exercises. It quite a bit different than traditional weight training.

Lainie - Sounds like you had a busy day, hope you got in some good shopping before Lent:)

Hi gals,

Quick post and I'll try to check back into tomorrow as it's late in the day.

I took my 2 boys to the doctor today and found out that they both have the flu and ear infections. I also have the flu.

So, I'll be unable to workout for at least another week. I'm on Tamiflu, so hopefully things will be better soon.

I'll check back in as I'm able to over the next few day.

Hi to everyone!

Stacey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.