Commit to get fit and lean for Thu Feb 28th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am getting ready for IMAX2! I will be back! I still have cleanmax to do, walk the dogs! I will be back if I get a break!

Have a wonderful day!
Belinda

Good Morning Gals!

Well...if you didn't she the topic over in the OD forum I am giving up sweets today. Oh, its going to be a long and painful road and Im not sure how long the journey will last but I need to cut back so why not cut it out altogether? Yesterday when I was at work I got bored so I spent the whole afternoon making cookies Ive never tried before and then I had to taste them all...a few times;( Then last night we were suppose to go to the party for supper but DH was gone by the time I got there so I grabbed a 1/2 sandwich and left. Later last night DH picks up some takeout b/c we didn't have supper. Like I needed that before i went to bed! Blah! I kept saying that it wasn't fit that we were eating this before we went to bed. And he said "ah, you deserve it...I don't (chuckle) but you do". Then I decided to look at it as if i were carbing up for my run today:) Anything to make me feel better.

So thats what I am doing. If I hit the TM now, I have time for 8 miles before i get to work. Hopefully I can make it a good 8 miles b/c when its this early in the morning, trip and falls can happen}(

Belinda** Good job with the workout! If I have the energy tonight I may do some cleanmax myself!

Ameila** I hope you are feeling better!

Shannon** So happy you got the green light! I knew you would!

I think that catches me up on personnals! I will chat to everyone when I get to work!

Lori:)

Good Morning girls

awwww,you guys are sweet-wondering how im doing today;-) Im feeling about 95% better,my throat has some scratchiness(if that is even a word,lol)to it-But not enough to stop this scorpia;-)

Todays workout is going to be cardio,im not sure yet-ive got my eye on step blast but ive never did it-so i want a good sweat today...I may just end up doing imax2-haven't done that one in a while either!

Im so proud of myself, for some reason i had to fight cravings all day yesterday! And I WON,YEAH ME:D I did have a S.F fudge pop and some SF coco before bed though! And the scale was down this morning,lets see what its says on saturdays WI;-)

Belinda-Great job with Imax2,i have only made it a couple of times through that one...tough stuff! Thanks for the recipe yesterday,look good! Im makeing EFL chicken fajita's tonight,i'll let you know how they turn out!

Lori-you are so funny! Like that meal last night was gonna make you gain like ten pds or somehting,lol;-) I know,I know x( im not the one to talk :p ;-)I feel like crying every saturday night(after my free day,LOL)-and your DH was right,you DO deserve it! How was your run?

hey to the rest if the clan

Amelia** I am so glad you are feeling your old self again! Enjoy IMAX2 today!That chicken fajita sounds yummy! Did you see the shrimp stir fry recipe I posted?

Belinda

LOL at you Belinda...you must speed through the post like a race horse;-) reread my first post(please;-)) I need to print your shrimp stirfry recipe,think i'll do that now!

ETA-I saw you post on the OD thread about telemarketers...did you listen to that first youtube link? OMG,it was HILARIOUS!

ok,gotta go get dd up for school! I will bb later girlies!

Im baaaaaaaaaaack!:)
At work now, enjoying a cup of java:) Oh...I see cookies...EVERYWHERE! How will I make it through the next 10 hours? Prehaps I should look at it hour to hour, prehaps I will be a bit more confident once an hour as passed:) LOL

I did my 8 mile run! So glad I got that in! I would consider that a good workout for the first thing in the morning. You know, sometimes my morning runs are better then my afternoon runs. If time were on my side today I could have did 10 miles.

Belinda** I didn't see your post about telemarketers but I just pick up and hang up these days. Sometimes I will feel bad cause Im wondering if it actually someone calling for me. So I will call the number back and normally it is out of service OR there is a message saying what they are. Sometimes you can leave a message, saying not to call again.But thats what I do, I pick up and hang up! LOL

Ameila** Glad to hear you are feeling better! And its sooo hard to eat healthy when you are sick! Been there! I know its so weird how we think b/c we have one bad day we are gonna gain 5 lbs...even if we gained weight it would only be 1 lb! Most of it is water weight though and I will stay away from my scale for a couple of days. Oh and drinking LOTS of water today is on the agenda!

Hope everyone as a good day! Im not sure how much my boss will be around today so I could be here off and on!

hey girls,just popping to report my workout...or lack there of,LOL I did SJP combos(had to rewind on that third karate combo)and then I did that small hi/lo combo...it was a fun workout,but kinda small! I think i worked out about 28minutes? I did think about doing some of step blast but i don't want to push myself too much,just getting to feeling better and all!(ok,so thats an excuse,LOL :+)

Lori-you got any sugarfree gum,that helps me when there are sweets around! Good luck...remember,cookies are evil-get your game face on}(! Oh man,i think i will have some choc chip cookies saturday,LOL;-)

ok,where are the other committ er's at?

Belinda** That is FUNNY! Are they gone when you come back? hehe

Ameila** I hate trying new workouts cause it feels like a waste of time. Thats why I usually stick to cathes step workouts b/c I know there will be something in there I know to get my HR up. Although, the 4DS step workouts were a little fustrating for me. They probably will be again by the time I do them! hehe

Amelia- I am glad you are feeling better today! I hope you enjoy Step Blast (never have done that) or IMAX 2!! I love that one, I think my SIL and I will do that this weekend.I was going to ask you, how many days do you go to school? Are you taking night classes?I think you are graduating this spring, right?

Belinda-again, great job on the Im2! It's such a great feeling to complete it. I am wearing my HRM for it, and see how many calories I burn.

Lori- I feel the same way about new workouts, they do seem like a waste of time, b/c you spend most of the time figuring out the moves etc. One time Cathe posted, around when her 4DS came out. She suggested to do a video that you know, and then towards the end, for your cool down, try the new one. That way you get a good workout in, but you get to test the new vid too.

Not sure what's on tap today. It's supposed to be Yoga X again, as it's recovery, but who knows?

Carrie

Hello all!

So, get this, remember the 3 week bought with the flu I fought? That is over, however, it appears I'm suffering from a few fractured ribs as a result of all the coughing I did! I thought it was just muscle strain, but now I'm 99% sure it's more severe. I am going to hold off on all upper body and ab work for about 6 weeks, and focus on elliptical and lower body type of workouts to maintain. I need to heal this up, it is painful.

I didn't workout last night, but tonight will hop on my elliptical. You will be seeing me posting A LOT of elliptical and LB workout for at least the next month. I think after 4 weeks, I'll add one UB workout in, then at 5 weeks, 2 UB workouts, then at 6 weeks, resume ab work. I did an intense ab workout the other day, and my ribs were killing me yesterday and still hurt today.

Not fun, but I don't want to injure myself worse.

Belinda, great job on Imax2!! Hope Clean Max goes well. I just got my kitchen under control, what a mess!

Lori, sounds like you had a super run and good luck with the sweet tooth control:) You can do it!!

Amelia, glad to hear you are feeling better and good job on the workout (28 min is better than nothing at all and you do have to listen to your body when you're sick). Also, GREAT that the scale is down a bit.

Carrie, have a nice recovery day and YogaX workout if that's what you decide on.

Shannon, so exciting that you and DH can start trying for children:)

Hi to Cheryl, Kristine, and Lainie if you are out there (we miss your posts!)

Stacey

Stacey-Wow,sorry about your fractured ribs...and think coughing caused that :eek:! You must have been coughing hard! Your very wise to rest the UB for 6 weeks!

Carrie-enjoy your yoga workout

ok,I just made the eat for life chicken fajita's and it was very yummy!

chicken Fajita's

Servings 2

2 portions chicken breast(about 1/2 lb)* i cooked a whole lb for me
and dh for some lunch tommorrow*

2tbsp fat-free intalian salad dressing

1tsp chili powder(was out of and use cumin instead)

1 onion,green bell pepper,red bell pepper cut into slices

4 whole wheat flour tortillas

salsa for topping

1) marinade the chicken with the fat free italian dressing, over night in a ziploc bag. ( i did this for 30 minutes,forgot too)

2) Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat. Add chicken,marinade and chili powder: saute unti chicken is no longer pink.Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm

3) Lightly coat the pan agian with cooking spray:add the peppers and onions and saute for about 12 minutes until all is tender.

4) Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat through about 2 more minutes

5 warm totillas in the microwave between two dampened paper towels for about 45secs. Enjoy! :9

Ohmigosh, Stacey, fractured ribs from coughing so hard??? That's awful!!! I feel so bad for you!

Amelia, so glad you're feeling better. And so glad you resisted the goodies yesterday so well.

Sugarfree gum is my big strategy as well.

I have to say the big thing I've learned from this brutal 23 day regime I was on is that I'd rather just leave sweets completely out than have to deal with them again. Yesterday I had French onion soup, and Applebee's salad with egg, cheese a little bacon on it and salad dressing yum! At night I had a little greek yogurt with a few dried cherries stirred in. Tasted like heaven.

Today I had a cobb salad for lunch. Soooo good, and no weight gain.

This morning's workout was 45 min TM, amped up from what i've been doing. Meant to do all of LIC, but overslept. I think I'll do that one tomorrow.Feels so good to be at this stage again!

I think I'll do one more round of this program to kick my final 10 pounds, but I'll modify it. I can't see myself doing the strict version again. I can live with the slower losses if I can keep my kick-butt workouts and a few good proteins in the mix.

I'm loving my new Blendtec blender. Protein smoothies with pasteurized egg white whip up really thick like a milkshake. Yum! 40 grams of protein in just 230 calories - a few more if I throw a fruit in - a very yummy meal, right there.

Belinda, great job on IMAX2!

Lori, I'm laughing about your dinner. Yes, you did deserve it. Back away from the cookies, though, okay?? :eek: }( :7 :+

Have a great night, everyone!!

Cheryl

Ohmigosh, Stacey, fractured ribs from coughing so hard??? That's awful!!! I feel so bad for you!

Amelia, so glad you're feeling better. And so glad you resisted the goodies yesterday so well.

Sugarfree gum is my big strategy as well.

I have to say the big thing I've learned from this brutal 23 day regime I was on is that I'd rather just leave sweets completely out than have to deal with them again. Yesterday I had French onion soup, and Applebee's salad with egg, cheese a little bacon on it and salad dressing yum! At night I had a little greek yogurt with a few dried cherries stirred in. Tasted like heaven.

Today I had a cobb salad for lunch. Soooo good, and no weight gain.

This morning's workout was 45 min TM, amped up from what i've been doing. Meant to do all of LIC, but overslept. I think I'll do that one tomorrow.Feels so good to be at this stage again!

I think I'll do one more round of this program to kick my final 10 pounds, but I'll modify it. I can't see myself doing the strict version again. I can live with the slower losses if I can keep my kick-butt workouts and a few good proteins in the mix.

I'm loving my new Blendtec blender. Protein smoothies with pasteurized egg white whip up really thick like a milkshake. Yum! 40 grams of protein in just 230 calories - a few more if I throw a fruit in - a very yummy meal, right there.

Belinda, great job on IMAX2!

Lori, I'm laughing about your dinner. Yes, you did deserve it. Back away from the cookies, though, okay?? :eek: }( :7 :+

Have a great night, everyone!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.