Commit to get FIT and LEAN TGIF!!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I was up a little to late last night. We got into the hot tub around 11 and stayed in to long chatting:confused: When I went to go to bed, everyone was piled into my bed again! DS fell asleep in my bed and I moved him before we got into the hot tub. When I came back in, he was back in my bed again , along with DD. Im guessing he woke up and she lay down with him.We got her up and back out into her own bed but I figured it was pointless to move him if he had already made the trip out. He was just gonna turn around and come back out again. So instead of cuddling into my DH....I snuggled my baby boy!:) Its all good though!:D

I had a nice chat with the girls last night but the we ordered snacky food instead of real food:( My stomach was hurting after. Not because I ate to much, I think it was more because of what I ate!

We were vehcile shopping yesterday! We are thinking about getting rid of the jeep, even though we will be breaking our lease. We are thinking about buying something instead and we took out a sweet Toyota forerunner. She is a couple of years old but really nice. I would never pay full price for one of those anyway so I would have to buy it second hand. Our goal was to get rid of one of ours, lowering our monthly payments but I dont know if that will happen if we go with this one. I think its almost as much as my jeep.

Trish** Fried poundcake? Hmmmmm....interesting! :) Why do people get it in their heads to make bad foods even worse! My sister was telling me about a place that makes deep fried mars bars! Im not sure what its all about but I would imagine its probably good! LOL Glad you slept well. Hopefully you slept well again last night!

Cookie** You read my post wrong, unless I wrote it wrong. I said "its a good thing Im not trying to lose weight" I lost a little bit on the scale before Christmas and I think over the last 3 weeks its just catching up with my body, if that makes sense. I have had the 5 lbs gone since Nov and its only now that people are asking me if I have lost weight. I should say "no" LOL My mom noticed yesterday but then again, she always brings stuff like that up. Potty training is a joy....no doubt about it!:eek:

O.k....my workout is just cardio and abs because I did my UB the last 2 days. I have to stick to my guns and get Disc 9 done over the weekend though!

Lori:)

Good Morning girls

Im in such a pissy mood, the scale is still showing a 2lb increase since i lost that 3.6 two weeks ago:mad:. Why? Im on plan with my calories and my workouts...sigh, maybe i will only lose once a month and its a big loss? Im just gonna cross my fingers and keep going...my WI day is sunday. Meanwhile im drinking tons of water. TOM is exactly 6 days away, im crossing my fingers that that is it.

Today is a cardio abbs then a stretch or yoga.

Belinda-Still thinking about you..hope your OK.

Lori-Have a great workout today. I snuggled with my baby boy last night too,he had a bad dream and climbed in bed with me(waking me up in the process:confused:).

Cookie-I love what you said last night, so inspiring. I also feel fortunate that im able to workout and i actually enjoy it, it is an adrenaline rush,isnt it. DH is fine,never did take him to the ER,instead i drained the smashed thumb myself(which got me thinking about being a nurse:p)

Trish-Poll dancing class should be interesting. And LOL,im a prude too. DH wanted me to get that Carmen electra cardio strip workout but i just couldn't bring myself to get it:confused: No house hunting yet...gotta straighten out a few things first. We hope to be out of here by the summer...

Hello to everyone i missed..i will bbl to report my workout.

Good Morning Ladies....

Just a quick check in or I won't be able to workout...:confused: I'm beat...didn't sleep too good last night, ate a lot at work yesterday (why?), so I'm with you Amelia, I'm in a damn pissy mood today. :mad: I'm hoping I'll feel better after a workout...which will be MMA Kickbox. BBL tonight with personals!

Hi girls,

Just a quick check-in for me too, BBL with personals. I didn't workout yesterday decided to work late and take off today:) I'm going to do Zumba & come home and get Disc 8 done.

Have a great day:)

Hey Girls,

What is up with all the quick checkins?;)

Ameila** I wouldn't worry to much, if you know you are being a good girl. Are you writing down everything that you eat? Don't get stressed about it b/c that could send you in the other direction. If the scale goes up alot for me, I usually eat worse.

Iris** Have a good day! We will be waiting for your return!

Deb** Have a good workout!

Almost lunch time here and I am starting to get hungry! Im not sure what I am going to have for lunch either. I thought I still have stuff from the other day but I remembered that I took it home:rolleyes: I can't go out and buy more takeout. That would be 4x's this week...little bit hard on the 'ole bank account;) Maybe I will see what my coworker brought! hehe!

I ended up starting my workout late but I ended up doing CC#7 and I travelled 6 miles in 52 mins. Pretty good workout. I also didn't get abs in:( maybe tonight.

Lori:)

workout done. Decided on 4ds bootcamp then about 40mins of pilates/abbs & yoga. I feel better,really didn't want to workout...im glad its over:p burned 520 in 1:15minutes.

Lori-I keep a food & workout journal. Im over it,just got pissed this morning:rolleyes: im sure i will have a loss soon. I really wanted to eat last night,just had a urge to for some reason,but i made me some herbal tea instead. I went to bed proud:D maybe thats why i was so pissed this morning?:confused:

Hello to everyone...have a good day:)

Hallo ladies,

I can not thank you all enough for your concern, hugs and payers! I also want to thank my husband for updating you all. You are all amazing!

I had a collapse of the circulatory system, in other words circulatory collapse! The doctors still don't know what caused it???

I know most of you don't know what happened to me last week, so here it goes!

Last Thursday I was doing iSprints 16 in the gym, didn't notice anything unusual except that I was a little tired that day. I blamed it on the weather, it was snowing and cold outside. Once I was in the gym (which is on base) I put my headphones on, I was energized, well so I thought! I usually use the TreadClimber since my back is still messed up, but once in a while I run on the TM just so I can see if I still have it in me, lol! iSprints you switch every 15 to 20 min to a different cardio machine(Spints, Climb, cycle, spints) I have done that workout so many times before. I put on my headphones did sprints then switched to the elliptical by then my energy was great, 2 min before it was time to switch to the next cardio machine, I noticed my engery took a dive, I just couldn't give it one more second, at the same time I got nauseas. I decided to get of the elliptical before I even got off everything went black in front of my eyes! At this point I thought maybe I didn't drink enough water? Once I got off the elliptical my legs were shaking and I felt like someone was pulling me to the ground. I don't know but somehow I managed to pull myself to the bicycle the one you sit on and was holding on for dear life. I was so embarrassed to hit the ground in front of our old Generals wife (she was working out right next to me). I know it was dumb to think like that! I couldn't move or say anything at this point, I didn't know what was going on. I don't even know if I passed out or not? I know one thing I was leaning on that bike like I was drunk, since all my body just was hanging there. Once I felt a little better, I looked around to see if someone was around. Nobody was around to notice what happened to me. I was so embarrassed to feel like this, I felt like it was a sign of weakness or something! It did cross my mind that what ever just happened wasn't normal, but I quickly brushed it off. And yes, it did cross my mind to say something to the staff! Hey, something really weird just happened to me, but like I said I was sooo embarrassed about the situation. Everyone knows who my husband is and what he does, and pretty much everyone knows me because of him. Was I wrong for thinking that, big time!

I decided to go home and call my husband who was in the states at that time getting ready to fly back to Germany. I told him what just happened and told him I was fine, which I wasn't. But I didn't want to worry him, he was on this way to Germany.

On Friday DH came back, I was happy for that! Still felt weird, but didn't give it a second thought. Plus I didn't want to bother my DH since he just flew in, he was very tired. I decided to do M1 D6, got lightheaded and sick to my stomach. I thought maybe I caught the flu, since that is going around again.

Saturday and Sunday I decided not to workout, not to push it!

Monday I did M1 D7, I was still getting lightheaded. All this time I was checking my blood pressure at home, it went up and down! Not dangerously high or low! DH said I am taking you to the German hospital. The US military doesn't have any hospital in Germany anymore except Landstuhl, which is 6 hours away.

I didn't argue with him and figure maybe it's better if they check me out!

The German doctors did so many test on my heart, at first they thought is was my heart. Which my husband already updated you. Then they saw something in my lungs which didn't show up the second time. On Tuesday I had a stress test on the bicycle, they kept asking me if I still feel ok, I kept telling them I was good to go! LOL! I also wanted to take the opportunity to get a workout in, which I did, lol! After 25 min stress test, the doctor called it quits! My blood pressure went up to 225, they made me work harder and harder, I had no trouble. Remember the entire time I was monitored by doctor's. The doctor said very seldom that they see someone as fit as me! The doctors were amazed, they kept asking me how long and how often I work out! LOL! After that they did a 24 hour ECGEKG and blood pressure. Everything was fine! They ran every test known to man and couldn't find anything wrong with my heart. Which is wonderf

Since my husband is in the military, I also have to check up with a US doctor here on base. We only have a clinic not a hospital here in Grafenwoehr. Since no one knows why happened, they want me to take it easy for the next few days and give my body some rest after it went into a shock. Although right now they can't find anything wrong with my heart or blood clots right now, doesn't mean there isn't anything in the future. I hope whatever it was is gone forever. If I ever feel like this again, I would get an ambulance right away. I was so stupid for not seek help right away, I could have had a heart attack and be dead by now. Later on I realized how stupid I was, putting myself in danger like this. The next time (I hope there will not be a second time!) I would drop to the floor rest and ask for help!;)

As far as my workouts go, I have to take it easy! The doctors want me to only workout 25 min, no high intesity. I started STS, 3 weeks ago, I will finish STS this time:eek: I already dropped the weight on it this time. Soon I am gonna be lifting emty water bottles:eek::p

Sorry, my post is so long!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Belinda

PS. I will be back tomorrow!

Hello,

Belinda: That is so scary. I am glad to read that you are OK. And that you will ask for help next time. I am thinking we should have your DH update us daily for a week to confirm that you are not overdoing it....... Just in case you are tempted.

OK, it's a quick check-in for me. Got home from work at 11:40 last night. So no workout to report. Maybe I'll get a short one in tonight, but I feel like I've been run over by a bus. So maybe I'll take it easy.

BBL, have a good afternoon!

Hi girls,

Finally checking back. The instructor for Zumba seems to be adding less latin songs and more dance music also seems like some hip hop moves in there. It was a lot of fun. DH is sick and gave me a list for Wally world (aka Amelia) to pick-up every cold remedy they have:eek:. I think he's crazy to take so many different products:confused:. I only did tri's from Disc 8 because DH needed to take a nap.

I'm going to see "Blindsighted" (I think that's what it's called) tonight with 2 of my SIL's and they want to go to TGIF's afterwards.

Belinda - I'm so happy to hear your feeling better. Boy, that was quite a scare. You are so lucky, but I bet since you are so fit it made a difference. But please be careful:) the TM & weights will still be waiting for you when your better:D

Lori - Nobody I go out with tonight will be watching what they eat:confused: so it will be hard to be good. I was cracking up about your comments on you other friends. Do you like the new friends?

Iris - Do they have bar food at your job or is it a restaurant? Have fun with kickboxing today.

Amelia - I bet it's due to TOM, so don't worry about it:)

Helene - I hope you get to sleep in this weekend.

Trish - Recently on Desperate Housewives they had Susan (Terri Hatcher) pole dancing. Apparently she does it to stay in shape. It does look like a good workout but doesn't look very easy:confused:

Cookie - Your son sounds like mine. Whenever he thinks he loses his wallet he has to call his friends and see if he left it in there car or house:rolleyes: I think last year in February were sign ups for Cathe's roadtrip in NJ. I wonder what will happen now that she's on the road:confused:

Have a great night everyone:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.