Commit to get fit and lean for Sat Feb 16th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Last night I ended up doing S & H legs! Today I will do cardio and abs!

Lori** I agree! It is wrong from you boss to make you move around! What are you going to do?

Kristine** I am glad you enjoyed your Legs & Gluts!

Lainie** I must have missed your post you falling down the stairs too! How are you!

Carrie** I hope you enjoyed your rest day! I do take my rest day Sundays! Glad you enjoyed your yoga!

Amelia** nice job on PUB yesterday! You didn’t buy that VD candy?

Shannon** how exciting your DH is coming home today! Enjoy your weekend and time with your DH! Have fun with your workout!

I will be back with personals!
Have a great Saturday!

Belinda

Good Morning Ladies!

I must say, I think I have the perrrrfect cup of coffee today. The temp is right and its not to strong or sweet!
I had a good nights sleep last night. Caught up on what I had missed over the last few nihts. DS was late going to bed so he was late getting up. With no one else awake in the house he didn't wake up until 8:80:eek:

Yesterdays workout was a 3 mile run,4DSBC,4DSKB and PH. I haven't done PH in a loooong time and forgot most of what she does. Of course sometimes I selected a weight that was to heavy and was sorry for it after! LOL I have no clue what todays workout is but it will be something within the next hour b/c DS has a party today at the time that I usually workout and he naps, not sure how this is going to workout. Especially now that he woke up later today...then he will take his nap later. Who know...he may not have a nap at all but I certainly don't want a cranky baby at the b-day party!

Belinda** Why are the stores closing at 2? Do they always close at 2 on Sat's? Im not sure what I am going to do about work. If I lie I think I will get caught in that lie (just not sure how) and if I tell the truth, they will probably just tell me to suck it up. My old coworker drives me nuts to! He is around allll time! The guy I work with now just comes in for a chat and goes on again while this other guy would sleep in the recliner next to you if you let him (not joking!) In order to get him to leave you alone you have to give him the cold shoulder, in which he gets sucky, and then when you are nice again he starts comming around in full force. He just can't take the hint. Pretty strange for a 55 yr old man isn't it? Its like he is trapped in a womens body. Oh and he LOVES gossip! So thats another reason why I don't want to go back to my old shift.

Shannon** You must be soooo excited that DH is comming home! Hey, Im excited for you! I can't imagine DH being gone that long!

Kristine** DS doesn't eat much cereal right now even though I know its important. He isn't a huge eater to begin with. There are somedays he eat really well but other days he couldn't be bothered. How come we aren't like that? LOL But he is the right weight for his height so thats good.

Stacy** How are you feeling? Soon be time to start working out again! Yippee!!!

Ameila** DId you do your weigh in today? Well no wonder you were up 3 lbs! You started TTOM. I bet you will see a 3 lbs lost next week! And yes, I get a pap test every yr. Ive never heard what your mother is telling you. In my opinion anything can appear in one yr, imagine what can appear in 3. My Dr doesn't call me but if I go to see him for something else, he will remind me that it is time. The last one I had was after DS so it will soon be time again now.

Laine** Are you feeling any better? what kind of damage was done to your basement?

Cheryl** How is the new plan treating you?

Carrie** No crap from DS...uh...to bad;) My MIL's house is full of little nick nacks you will lose your mind! She keeps buying but not throwing away. When she goes to visit my SIL they go shopping and whatever my SIL would tell her to buy (or would suggest b/c she thinks no one knows like this girl) she would bring back with her. It got a little crazy and when my SIL came home for a visit she was bewildered by the crap everywhere. She got a box and started filling it up with stuff. When my MIL came home from work she wasn't impressed that 1/2 of her stuff had been tak'in down. My SIL and MIL are very close but my MIL almost looks at her as if they are BF's (a bit strange)I think she was more upset that she didn't do something "right" instead of the fact that her candles and pictures were leaving the house!

Typing with one hand again girls! Back on the clean eating wagon today. Gonna start focusing on my midsection more...which means more ab work and no sweets!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls

Today is my rest/free day so im so glad that I dont have to workout tody ,im tired!

The scale is back down today :7 to what i weighed last saturday,so thats good! Plus its TTOTM for me(started thursday night actually) so im sure thats why the scale hasn't moved!

Nothing really interesting going on here today-my dm is suppose to get the kids for the night,but will see if it happens this time or not(remember,last sat. she was suppose to-but didn't because my dad didn't feel well)

Belinda-I did mangage to avoid the vd chocolates yesterday at wally world! unfortunately my DH came home with some for hiself,LOL! I should have known better that to send him to CVS drugs to pick up a prescription;-)

Hey Lori,you snuck in on me;-) I thought what my mom said was kinda screwy too,LOL. I will have wait three months now because our insurance from his other job is cancelled now! His new job's insurance will kick in-in three months! Ive never had an abnormal pap(knock on wood;-)) so it should be ok to go another three months! And yes,seeing my period was a nice relief from the scale! Wow,you did one amazing workout yesterday,did you do all of PH? How long did you end up working out? Have fun at the b-day party!

hey to the rest of the gang!
ok,even though its my cheat day,i need to stay away from the chocolates,LOL (oh man there evil-there calling my name;-))
bbl

Good morning ladies,

My workout today will be Kickmax. I will have to do it early in the day or otherwise it's not going to happen because DH is home and I always have a tough time to get my workout in when DH is home. I think it's because our house is so small and I have to workout in the living room. Anyway, the weather here is icky, it's rainy and cold x( , I don't think I have to run out, so that's good.

Belinda - That's the only thing I don't like about Germany, the hours of the stores. It is great, how it is over here.

Lori - I have the same problem if I haven't done a workout for a while to choose the right weight. Especially when they are endurance workouts like PH, I go to heavy very easy.
Well, Heidi is not a great eater all the time either, I think it's a toddler thing, hehe ;-) .

Amelia - TTOM always makes you gain weight, so next Saturday's weigh in should be looking real good.
Yes, I am getting a pap smear every year as well, I think that's the norm. My Dr.'s office always sends me a postcard as a reminder.

Hello to everyone who follows.

Gotta go, Heidi is getting into stuff.

Kristine :)

Morning ladies,

Today's workout is going to be Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme. I'm worried about my DH. His flight got delayed another day, some problem with his ticket. It was the last flight out until 11 p.m. the next day so that would put his next flight leaving at 4 p.m. my time. Meaning he won't be here until tomorrow afternoon. He called from his cell yesterday and let me know what was going on and was suppose to get on the hotel computer later and im me but I never heard from him. I wasn't too worried last night because the power isn't so good where he is and I just though maybe he couldn't get access but now it's morning and he hasn't called. It is about 4 p.m. his time, 9 a.m. my time and he should have called by now.

Belinda - Good job on your workout.

Lori - Your workouts look so tough, good job. Glad to hear you got a good nights sleep. I didn't sleep too well, I guess just restless because of all that happened with DH.

Amelia - Glad to hear the scales back down, you were eating well so there is no reason it shouldn't be:) Hope you have a nice rest day.

Kristine - The weather is icky here too, not really cold but just wet and cloudy. Kickmax is a tough workout, especially that challenge. Hope you have a nice day.

Hello Stacey, Carrie, Cheryl, and anyone else I missed.

Hello all. Having a lazy Saturday at home, which I think I deserve after this past rough week (just posted a long vent about that on the OD board).

DH is re-watching the Super Bowl and trying to interest Isaac in it, because this morning Isaac said, "Did some giants win the Super Bowl? That's what they said at school." Then Brian explained about the NY Giants and reminded Isaac of the night we went to our friends' house to watch it. DH asked, "So do you like the NY Giants?" Isaac said, "Yes, but I also like the Yankees." :)

I haven't decided about a workout today--still hurting but I think it's slightly better. Definitely not ready for upper body work, and not supposed to do lower body work--maybe I'll do something like a ballet workout (which will work lower and upper a little but not with weights) or an easy dance DVD.

Belinda, I guess everything is ok with you're computer and you're back online now. Good! We really wondered when you weren't on early yesterday. :) I remember how much shorter the store hours were when we were in the Netherlands. Also, on Mondays nothing would open before noon or 1pm--is it like that on Mondays in Germany? Actually, it's kind of like that here, but only in the little village shops--the mall opens at the usual time.

Lori, sometimes your workouts crack me up--they seem so long! How long did yesterday's take you? You go, girl! Hope you squeeze in a good one today. No major damage in the basement because it's unfinished. Any good stuff I store down there is in plastic bins, but there were a few cardboard boxes. We threw out some with the trash on Friday and will have more to throw out. The worst part for me was my workout DVD covers were stored down there and some got wet (all the DVDs themselves are in a storage binder up here). So it might be hard to sell them if I decide I don't want to keep those particular DVDs.

Amelia, when I was in the Netherlands (think it was the same in England), they only suggested pap smears every 3 years or so, but in the U.S. it's usually annual. I don't think postponing a couple months would be too bad if you don't have any ongoing issues. I've done that a couple times, like when moving or this last time I waited for school to start so that I could go while the kids were in school.

Kristine, I have trouble working out when DH is home, too, but we have a kind of large dining room (though it's a small house in general) so I just push the table out of the way and use my laptop to play DVDs in there. Oh, and I got the pilot light on last night myself. Who needs a man to do it? Silly me, I should have tried it myself in the first place--I just read the directions and figured it was confusing but it was easier than it seemed. So we have hot water again!

Shannon, sorry your DH is delayed--that's terrible when you were so looking forward to his return! I hope you hear from him soon.

Carrie, girl, I get plenty of complete rest days what with being sick so much and injuring myself so often. Ugh. I miss more regular workouts, though.

OK, going to go do something productive now.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

HI Gals!!

Really quick check in, crazy Sat morning, but I promise I'll return tomorrow for personals! There's a bunch I wanted to respond to and just haven't had time. I'm busy getting ready to go to a friend's wedding this afternoon, so need to get my kids ready to go to their grandparents.

On top of all that, our van won't start!! Ugh, so we have to get it to the mechanic somehow (may have to have it towed). Fun way to start the day! At least my DH has a nice, reliable new Jeep!

Okay, I'll be back tomorrow sometime and will be working out again:) HOpe you all have a SUPER weekend!!

Stacey

Hey girls,just a quick pop in!

Shannon-Did you hear from your DH yet?

Stacey-Have fun at the wedding! Why won't your van start? I need to get the break pads changed in my car....my dh usually does it but he told me to go to a brake shop this time because he doesn't feel like fooling with it,LOL! it saves money when he does it though!

Belinda-Great workout girl! I feel lazy on my rest day,especially with it being my free day too,LOL

kristine-great job with your workout!

ok,I can't remember anything else that anybody said...my kids are fighting right now so I have to go break them up...oh my gosh,there wild today x(!
bbl

Hi Girls!

Just a quick check in! Just came back from the b-day party and now we are headed to a friends house for a BBQ. To tell you the truth, I am looking forward to comming home and relaxing afterward. Life is such a rat race but I guess its only what we make of it, right?

I did a 5 mile run today and Kari Andersona abs. A good workout and an hour was long enough today. I was thinking about taking a rest day altogether but then I realized that I could't have that! JK! I may end up taking a rest day tomorrow cause I seriously need to do some house work, we will see what I can fit in!

Ameila** Glad to hear you are enjoying your cheat day. I can't imagine going to the Dr's with insurance. Its nice to know that we can go to the Dr as much as we want and it doesn't cost anything. Although, you know, if we did have to use insurance it would cut down on all those old people who go to the dr for no reason, just b/c they are lonely and every ache and pain is in their heads! I use to cut this ladies hair and she was always going back and forth to the Dr...must have wasted alot of his time...anywhoo...

Shannon** So sorry to hear DH won't be getting home today. BUMMER! I hope everything is o.k!

Laine** I don't know how long my workout took yesterday and I never realize how long it is b/c I just keep breaking it up and it doesn't seem that long. I think I need to tame it down a bit! LOL Glad to hear there was no real damage to your basement! Kids are sooo cute~

Kristine** How did your workout go? KM is a good workout.I use to find working out hard when we lived in an apt, after our first house I always had my own space. Probably b/c of what we went through when we lived in a apt!

Stacy** Have a good evening~! Sounds like it will be nice with no kiddies around! hehe

O.k...lets see if I can get Dh's butt out the door and put DS's coat on one more time today!

Lori:)

Hi, everyone!

Kristine and Shannon, sounds like it's kickbox day for both of you. Good choice! Hope it went well. I like KM too.

Belinda, great workout -

Amelia - yippee on that scale weight! Hoo rah!
I have 14 more pounds to go. Hate to admit it, but there it is. But I'm progressing rapidly - hope to be under 130 in another week or so here...

Lori, I'm really liking my plan. WOW what a workout you did today. You're on fire, girl! I'm so jealous.

Lainie, you deserve the rest and I hope you're feeling much better. So sorry to read about that bad spill you took down the stairs (yes, i'm trying to stay up on everybody's happenings even when I've been to busy to post!

Hello to Stacy!!

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl-you can lose fourteen pds with your eyes close;-) Im so glad to hear you are doing good and loving the program your on,it helps when we find a program thats not too hard to stick too! not really sure right how much more weight i want to lose but right now the target weight is 170 but, when I hit that weight im sure it won't be good enough so I may go for 150! I just want to be fit,lean and healthy.

Im noticing more and more loose skin lately :-( guess it will never go away(remember i use to weigh close to 280pds) I figure with the weight lifting and now im jogging that maybe the skin will tighten up over time??? I hope anyway;-)

talk to you girls in the morning

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.