Commit to get fit and lean for Oct 4, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today I start week 2 of my rotation! I will do chest & triceps, but first I will work my abs:p

I will be back and report my workout! Happy Monday!

Well, never did an official workout yesterday, I was way tooo tired by the time I got home :eek:. however, I walked around the city all day and that has to count for something. My eating the last four days has been anything but clean. I kind of went on a binge. It started with pizza Thursday night and it went downhill from there. This week it shall be clean, clean, clean. Well, unless I am too tired to cook (DH will be gone and I am playing single mom). Then it will be clean until 6 p.m. where it will be pizza, lol.

Today's workout is IMAX 2! I have missed this one and cannot wait to do it tonight. I am going to throw ab work in afterwards, maybe the abs from cardio and Weights.

Belinda- I think I got a bit more upper body definition. And with throwing in Butts and Guts here and there, I am seeing a more lifted rear, lol.

Kristin

Good Morning Ladies

Geez, been MIA this weekend, just got lots going on.... :( The highlight of the weekend was that I went to New Canaan, CT to take classes with fellow cathletes Sue and Kristin (who taught both classes I took) on Saturday morning. I left the house at 4:30, got down there just before 7:30, took classes from 8-10, Kristin had to go to her other job, so I came home and was back around 1!! :eek::eek: Needless to say, I went to bed at 5:30 Sat. night, and didn't wake up until the next morning...LOL. Ohhhh and yesterday was a rest day....after Group Power, I knew there was no way I was gonna turn around and lift the next day with D4...

So today is D4! chest/shoulders/biceps.

I'm running behind today, so I'll bbl to catch up with personals.....:cool:

I am done with Chest and Triceps. 1:30 min rest inbetween sets! I also did the stretch from GS chest &triceps and Amy Bento ab workout (15 min.) Liked the ab workout, was different!

CHEST:

Warm up set : 2 sets / 12 reps/ 60 #

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 75#/12 reps - 4 sets

Incline Dumbbell Press - 23's/12 reps - 1 sets
Incline Dumbbell Press - 24's/12 reps - 3 sets

Decline Dumbbell Press - 24's/12 reps - 4 sets

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 23's/12 reps - 4 sets

TRICEPS:
Double-Arm Overhead Tricep Extension - 28#/12 reps - 3 set

Weighted Bench Dips - 45#/12 reps - 3 set

Dumbbell Kickbacks - 13#/12 reps - 3 sets

I am up since 3 AM, DH flew to the US today. I will eat lunch than walk the dogs.

Iris - enjoy D4 today.

Kirstin - mmm...maybe I need to throw in B&G?:eek: Enjoy IMAX2 today.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! BBL!

Good Morning!:)

Awesome sleep last night and I didn't get called into work! We can save some of our call outs and use them at other times but I used all 6 of mine yesterday. That's 24 hours at time and a half. I have to work 5 days straight next week so I am sure to get more call outs in those 5 days:confused: . I think when I got my pay check last week I already had over $2500 in OT since April.

I wanted to mention yesterday about starting a clean eating challenge. I don't know if we will have time to post our food intake for the day or if we can just be good girls! I didn't start yesterday b/c I was surrounded my cookies at work. So....today is the day.

I was hoping to get my long run in today but DS woke up with the cold. Its very strange b/c we both had a touch of it last week. Yesterday his eye kept running (Which was odd) but wasn't pink or even irritated. Then when he woke up this morning he is totally stuffed up. His eyes are puffy but I think that is from being sleepy, I guess. I don't think his eye is watering now and he is in a good mood. But I don't think I can send him to school like that. Unless he makes a turn around, he will be staying home with me.

Belinda** Nice workout! I am guessing you will have a nap sometime today!

Kristin** Both of us have the same idea and its so much easier to eat clean when the men are gone. I don't even bother cooking!

Iris** You have been a busy gal! I can't imagine going to bed at 5:30! LOL I haven't heard anything about any "D's" lately!!! You aren't keeping us entertained anymore. Im losing interest! LOL

Well...everyone had good workouts yesterday besides for me! Another reason why I was hoping to get a long run in today. I am going to size it up and I may just do something here in the next hour or so.

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Morning ladies,

I'm checking in from the train again. Today's wo was 40 min on elliptical. I burned 470 cals which is a little high for me, I think. Must be the congestion. I never did get to D4 yesterday, so maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

Ok. Will bbl.

Afernoon girls,

I just finished watching the new video clips...can't say which will be my fave. STS TB, High Reps and Lower Body all look amazing. I knew HIIT would be a challenge for my knees, but I can definitely do the bootcamp wo. Since I will still (hopefully) be doing STS when they are released, I will add a 4th weight day with STS TB. It looks killer!

Belinda - Nice wo this morning. Remind me how many weeks his rotation is again.

Kristin - My eating suffered a little last week, too. Sitting around the house with all kinds of kiddie snacks is dangerous:eek:!! Enjoy IM2 tonight!

Iris - What kind of classes did Sue and Kristin offer? And what's group power? You must have been burning calories left and right! I am trying to motivate myself to do D4 tonight, but it's not looking good. I'm already falling asleep at my desk:confused:.

Lori - ^5 on your sleep last night! You probably needed that rest..don't we all?!? Hope DS is feeling better. What wo did you do? Oh and count me in on the eating challenge;)

I think that catches me up. Hellos to followers!

Hi everyone!! WOW, I have totally been MIA for about a week now. Last week was insane; between court and taking care of things at home, I hardly got online at all. I did get to log my WO's in though, and I haven't missed any of those, woohoo!! I have been eating pretty horribly though. My dad brought a huge box of choc chip cookies home from Costco and I ate probably 1/2 the box in 2 days :eek: They are just sooooooooo good!! Choc chip cookies are my weakness. Knock on wood, I haven't gained anything so I guess that is good. Today starts clean clean CLEAN!!

This morning I did 10-10-10 (cardio only) from CTX & M1Disc7 of STS. My arms were so sore I dropped my coffee mug when I left this morning cuz I had NO strength. Thank God it was a travel mug :p

Belinda, nice WO! I'm still so impressed by how much you bench. That is awesome.

Iris, I live about a 1/2 hr from New Canaan!! I would have met up with you guys! That's what I get for not reading the board for a week! :eek:

Kristin, I have been craving pizza for days now! Did you miss IMAX 2? ;)

Lori, I like your idea of a clean eating challenge! I've been finding it very hard to eat clean, especially lately. I decided that I need a plan at the beginning of the day to plan out all my meals & snacks cuz otherwise, I fly off the handle if I have to come up with stuff at the last minute.

Trish, thanks for reminding me to check out those DVD clips! I didn't pre-order, but I will look anyway and see what people say once they get released.

Hello to Cookie, Amelia, Deb, and anyone I missed! I have to catch up on lots and lots of reading ;);)

Have a great night!!

Hi girls,

How are you all doing? I've probably missed so much. I'll try and look back a few days to see what you have been up to:)

I'm came back from Florida late Thursday night and haven't stopped running since:confused:

1st for the good things we had beautiful weather, lots of fun & laughs. Most of the time we were the only ones at the pool & it was very quiet by the beach:)

The bad thing was within 2 hours of landing DS's outpatient program is calling that DS relapsed and needs to get into an intensive inpatient program. I was on my cell a lot with the therapists. So since Friday we have been discussing a bunch of different options & seeing so many people. For the most part the therapist wants my son to make the final decision for himself with our support, she feels he is too dependent on us and must learn for himself in order for him to get better. It's been rough but I'm hopeful.

I'm about to do Kick, Punch & Crunch. I'll be back with personals tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the night:)

Hi everyone,

Well I am back from the MIA club. Sort of. This coming week is insane for me again. I am sitting in a meeting over the phone right now ;) and I have one all night Thursday as well. :confused: Hate these weeks. They are threatening to do this every other week. :mad:

Anywho. In the meantime I caught DH's cold and twisted my neck or something. I just feel so old. And I'm not that old. I think.....just need to go to the hairdresser to cover the grays. :p

Had a great weekend in VT. Loads of fun and the weather was nice which was good with all the rain we had earlier during the week.

OK, now I'm going to attempt, in a very lame fashion to catch up on personals.

Belinda: Wow, 1h30 is one long working. Surprised you could still check-in after all that. ;)

Iris: you didn't come back. ;)

Lori: So did you take a rest day. How many days until the race?

Deb: Welcome back! Sad to read about DS. My prayers are with you and family.

Trish: You're checking in more than me lately :eek: Nice job with your workouts.

Kristin: Good luck being single mom this week. I sympathize, I hate it when DH has to go anywhere too. Not so bad when I have to go though :p as long as it doesn't last more than 2-3 days though. Then I want to come home and get my cuddles.

Melissa: Everyone got very busy last week. Any news if Karma is turning into reality and the VP has to go. She'll probably act up and get dismissed though I bet. Unless she can't anymore. You have one more week of the trial?

Cookie: How are you doing? Is the foreign student still behaving?

Amelia: Didn't see you check-in today. Hope you are doing all you want today.

Have a great evening everyone.

'Evening!
Boy, guess I'm not the only one who has been struggling to keep all things juggling and been mia. Sorry about that. Between assisting a friend with her mother at the end and the stupid satellite being out for a few days, I sure have missed ya all.
Belinda, those are mighty impressive wts you toss around. Are you doing sts again?
How long is your dh gone?
Amelia, how's everything with you and yours?
Lori, I'm in for the clean eating challenge! Just what I need. The past few days have been bad. Did you get a run in?
Helene, sorry you're having a hectic time with work. Isn't it a pain? How are you managing with your parents here? My dad comes in a couple of days, and he requires a lot of attention. Only he calls it worship and adoration. The Irish exchange student is still wonderful. We're truly enjoying her.
Iris, your Saturday made me feel tired, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun. What is group power?
Deb, I'm sorry to hear about your ds. This is such a hard time. How is he doing with the news? My oldest came by yesterday and that gave me about 200 more gray hairs. How did kpc go?
Melissa, over here we have cookies all the time. Right now there are chocolate mocha chips, sugar, and apple bread. I've decided to go back to the no cookie pledge til Thanksgiving as a result. How many more days for the trial and til you are out of the work place?
Kristin, I'm a single mom this week also. It is so hard with all the driving around and afterschool activities, plus these girls want to chat all the time! My friend's mom passed this weekend and the services are tomorrow evening, but 'cause he's away, I can't go. I do like how much easier dinners are, tho, since I don't do much cooking if he isn't home. Do you still keep up with meals and all that?
Haven't had a chance to catch up on the past posts. Sorry.
Cookie

Good evening,

Cookie - glad you back! No, I am doing a Muscle & Fitness/6week mass building rotation. DH will come back this weekndn. Not to long.

Lori - glad you got a good night sleep. Since the hokidays coming around, I am all for a clean eating challenge. Let's post our eats, ok! This way we accountable! Hope your DS feels better soon. Poor thing! Oh, yes I took a nap, lol.

Trish - awesome jo bieht your elliptical workout this morning. The clips look fantastic. I am doing a 6 week rotation.

Melissa - glad you back, girl! Nice job, on keeping up with your workouts. LOL, about the cookies! Nice job, on CTX and D7 this morning.

Debbie - welcome back, girl! Glad you had a fantastic time in FL! Sorry, about DS. WTG, on KPC this today.

Helene - sorry about work! Hope you get a break soon. ((HUGS)) Do lots of stretching for your neck. Hope you feel better soon.

Iris, Amelia and Kirstin - hope you all well and get a chance to check in soon.

Good night, girls!

Well, got IMAX 2 last night and I did the ab work from Cardio and Weights. Last evening was horrible. Nikolas was acting up and giving me a really hard time about everything, from dinner to wanting to stay up with me and then during bath time. It was horrible. I snapped. I actually told him to shut up and I never say that to him. Right before bedtime, we had a discussion on how he behaved and why and he told me he just misses his daddy and gets angry when he’s gone. That nearly broke my heart. I told him that I missed Daddy too and that he will be back on Friday, but that doesn’t mean we misbehave and make things even harder on ourselves. I think I got through. Let’s hope.

Cookie- hello there! I fell off the clean eating wagon the last few days. Yesterday I was able to keep it clean. Hopefully I will continue with it today. If I am too tired though, I will go for a pizza. It is just easier.

Lori- how are you doing with the clean eating? How was your first day back on the wagon. My TOM is coming soon, so this is a bit of a challenge for me, lol. Between DH being away and hormones I might just have to go for something bad.

Trish- don’t the new workouts look amazing? I only saw the clips for higher reps and intensity and I haven’t preordered yet, but now I might ;). Who can resist a new Cathe workout, right?

Melissa- missed you around here. Hope the case wraps up for you as smooth as possible. As I was doing IMAX 2 last night, I was smiling the whole way through, I missed it so much. This is by far my favorite workout.

Deb (((HUGS)))) I am not familiar with your DS condition. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hang in there.

Helene- It is such a chore every time he goes because he really is hands on at home and helps me with everything. If I cook, he does the dishes and vice versa, and he is like that with everything. When he is away and I am off, it is not as bad as now when I am working. Everything has to be done on time!!! We are hanging in there though.

Belinda- it sounds like you are really enjoying your new rotation. That’s great. What dvds are you doing or are you doing your own thing right now?

BBL
Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.