Commit to get fit & lean for Oct 19, 2010

Good morning all! Yesterday I did PUB, at 9 at night, but at least I got it done, right? I have to tell you, my legs are hurting from PLB. I had DOMs yesterday that became increasingly worse, but today when I got out of my bed. . . yowser. Today is supposed to be cardio. I am debating on what step dvd I want to do. Sometimes pushing through step helps relieve the DOMs, for me anyway.

I am very excited because tomorrow I am getting a SMARTboard installed in my classroom. It is a really cool technologically advanced tool. It looks like a dry erase board, but it hooks up to your laptop and projector and the different things you can do to teach with it are infinite. It is going to be awesome. Cannot way to use it!

I'll be back later with personals. I have to catch up a bit.

Kristin

Good Morning Ladies

Today I will attempt LIS....lol Can you believe I still have a sore throat??? Almost 2 weeks running now.....*sigh*. Not much to tell these days....I'm almost boring....LOL Oh wait, I got something....my small group boot camp starts tonight...wish me luck. ;) And Body Sculpt starts tomorrow night.

Belinda- Have a great workout! I love the med ball routine!! I do some of it with clients, they love it! So what are your meetings for?

Deb- So happy you enjoyed your weekend! How was the foliage?? And thanks, I'm glad we all have this place to come to, sometimes.

Trish- Dang you're so far ahead of me now in STS....:eek: I shouldn't have started over, because I'm dreading D3 again. lol. You dont' have your digital workouts on that computer do you?? I hate having to re-install everything! Sorry you have to do that. lmao @ dropping your phone in toilet.....how did that happen?

Melissa- What's the skier's edge workout? LOL @ blogging your ticker. Omg you're too funny.

Kristin- Very cool about your new gadget at school!!! Even just 10 years ago, I was using an overhead projector as needed. :eek: I'd go nuts with something like you've got. (not that I teach anymore).

Ok all...have a great day. BBL.

GOOD MORNING!:D

I got home yesterday afternoon but I didn't have a computer until last night and I was just to sleepy. Plus, DD was hogging it.

I went into this marathon with no expectations b/c I didn't train that hard and my right knee had been giving me some grief. I am glad I didn't set a goal b/c I would have been disappointed. I finished this one 10 mins slower then the last but I didn't care. You really can't compare marathon to marathon. Routes are different and you have good days and bad days. I did a few things differently this time but I don't think they helped. I think I ran to fast in the beginning again, I took a gel every hour and I didn't listen to my music. It kind of gets irritating after a while. But when you hit 30k or may be even 28 k, your body starts getting tired! All I wanted was water...no more gatorade...no more gels....just plain water! I decided while I was running that I wasn't doing it anymore...but of course that as changed now. Anyway...I was just happy to have finished. I wasn't over the moon with my time but my placing was good. I think I finished 120/651 females and 30 (something) out of my age group, which I think was 160 or so. I can't really remember. I am taking a nice break though and the next one I train for, I will really be preparing myself for it. My friend finished it in 3:49 and my sister friend smoked it at 3:12!!! Isn't that insane??? They are both lightweights though, bones and skin. Maybe thats what I need to be? LOL

I will bbl! I have to work plus, DS has his speech apt .

Lori:)

Morning all,

Belinda: Wow on your weights and rotation. If you get a change to PM it to me sometime I would appreciate it. Hope your cardio is good today.

Deb: Oh, that is so close. We really have to get together someday. We'll just have to plan it well. It sounds like you had a nice time so that's great. I bet you would have had tons of fun if Belinda had been there with you :D Great Job on KPC.

Melissa: ^5 on staying away from old cake :) Doesn't it feel great. I still haven't had any and I am so proud of myself. And, with TOM right around the corner too :eek: LOL at the count down.

Kristen: Too funny how excited you are about your new toy for teaching. Glad to hear that it will allow you to do lots of things teaching wise. Have you done Imax2 like you planned? Are you completely over your cold?

Trish: Glad you are enjoying being home early. I keep thinking about your iphone going in the toilet. I would have screamed (note that I don't have an iphone :p). I hope at least it was a home toilet. Sorry about the virus on the computer. That is always a pain. Nice jobs moving along with STS.

Iris: So...... LOL, I don't know what to tell you this morning, but remember that you own the place when you teach bootcamp tonight :p I hope you do well.

Amelia: I hope all is doing well. It sounds like you are busy walking Cassie girl a lot lately! You are both going to be the fittest chicks around the block :D

Lori: Great job on the race regardless. I can't believe you would run without music. Is that so that you could keep a pace? I would have been bored off my mind (not that I can do a mary LOL). I hope you did enjoy the couple days of quiet even if you travelled. Was DS so happy to see his mom? I can't believe your friend did it in 3:12. Now that will rot my mind for the day!

Cookie: What's up in your neck of the woods? We really should get together again with Iris, it was so fun.

OK late meeting last night, so I don't feel bad spending time to catch up this morning. :p Great workouts yesterday, I did SH biceps and triceps in the morning and RS without the end section in the evening. I feel nice and physically tired this morning in a good way. Perfect for my rest day today! I have to say I have really enjoyed PS and SH. I had never done them before.

Have a great day everyone.

Hello and good morning to everyone.

Im still here...i didn't check in yesterday because there was nothing really going on. I bet I can beat Iris on being boring:p no call backs yet on any jobs(even though i desperately run to the phone every time it rings), no workouts to report so far this week, actually....im still in my pj's as i type this!!! blah,blah boring.

On today's agenda is bm2! My plan is to do the whole thing...i may skip the power circuits but i will be sipping on a protein shake during it so maybe I won't have too. ;)

So, lately I have been trying to be in two places at one time! Staying up late with DH then being a morning person...so far im not having very good results:eek: (who whatta thought?)

I will bbl to report my workout and to catch up on some personals!

hey guys, this is a copy and paste from my blog! Sorry, ive got to run to the store and get some grocery's and catch up on laundry. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow! have a great day:)

YAY, FINISHED MY WORKOUT! BM2! 1:30 minutes total and burned 963 calories!:eek: YAY ME!! I didn't do that abb workout on there because i was DEAD but i can do that tomorrow! whew, glad its over! Now its time to do laundry :s

Work,Work!!

Afternoon ladies,

It's quitting time for me and I can't wait to get home. This morning's wo was only about 35 mins on the elliptical. Still adjusting to the schedule and was just in no mood to get on that thing today. LOL!!

Belinda - So, what cardio did you do?? I hope it was more enjoyable than my elliptical;). Just couldn't get into it. Plus my knees are bothering me somewhat.

Kristin - Nice job on PUB last night! I wish I could work out at night. I'd get to sleep 1-1/2 hours more every morning!! ^5 on your DOMs and the SMART board! Very cool. I bet the kids will be excited, too.

Iris - I know...I can't believe you ditched me on STS either!! LOL:) My favorite wos in STS are M1 Legs. I would love to D3 again!! Nah, I keep my downloads on a seperate hard drive, but it's still going to be a pain re-installing itunes and all my other crap:confused: The phone was ridiculous. I decided to try a pilates reformer class last week and as I go in the bathroom I say to myself, "that toilet tank's top looks like it's leaning" So what do I do??? Sit my phone on it and watch it slide into the toilet....DUH!! Felt like such a moron!! Kick butt in bootcamp tonight!!

Helene - Wish I could join you and Kristin on staying away from the sweets. Last night I scarfed down about 300 cals of mini powder donuts. Ya know, the crappy ones from the grocery store?? So not worth it. Tonight I will be stronger though! Unfortunately, my phone took a dip in a public toilet! I didn't even think twice about diving in for it. Disgusting, but that's how attached I've gotten to this darn thing! Sounds like a great wo you did yesterday. FF has a PS/SH rotation that kills!

Lori - I'm impressed you can finish a race in such good time that you didn't prepare for!! That's awesome!!

Amelia - Did I ever tell you that in my head I call you Meles (like meals)? In fact I have a bad habit of shortening people's names. Anyway, I gave up trying to stay up late with DH. I always seemed tired and he never did! Glad you enjoyed your wo today. Awesome cal burn!

So, I started this post at work but couldn't finish so I emailed it to myself and am finishing on the train. Almost home:). DH wants to go to the movies tonight. Can you imagine??

Have a great night everyone.

Ugh,for the past two days i've had to run up to the kids school and pick up DS. He is getting sick during lunch:confused: he has a really bad gag reflex and is dealing with post-nasal drip:confused: Luckily the doctor called something in for phlegm ( i know, even the word phlegm is gross,lol)

Trish-I love that, Meles..that is cute! Good for you for getting on the elliptical even if you didn't feel like it! hows your knee doing?

Helene-Glad to hear your enjoying your PS & SH, those two are sure to work you hard! Nice workout today! glad to see your feeling better!

Lori-Great mind set on the race! I think its great that in spite of you not training for it, you went anyway. You finished it and not a bad time too! That is a accomplishment in itself! Way to go!

Iris-Good grief on still being sick with a sore throat...wth kind of cold did you get? Super strength? I hope you get to feeling better.

Belinda-How was your cardio?

Kristin-Woohoo on the new Smart Board! Sounds really neat. WTG on your workout!

Debbie-Sounds like you had a blast on your trip! So glad to hear! I love hiking! I would love to try one of those German drinks;)

Cookie-How is everything?

Melissa-how was your day today? Im doing pretty good with the calorie cycling so far. My higher calorie burn today sure did some damage control from yesterday:confused:. Today i kept my cals low...

Did i miss anyone? hope not...later gators.

Evening ladies!

Today was a rest day for me. I still have DOMS in my inner thighs from Saturday so I decided to give them a break. I finally found the last piece to my costume woohoo!!! Hopefully the shoes will ship in time for Halloween next week :eek: I always get nervous that things won't get here on time.

Belinda, what did you wind up doing for your WO?

Kristin, great job on the WO last night! My mom always talks about her SMARTboard and I have no clue what it is LOL! She has to take classes on new features every once in awhile. It sounds so cool!

Iris, sorry your throat is still sore :( Skier's Edge is a machine; it's kind of like an arc and you stand on these steps and mimic skiing across the arc. It's supposed to improve your ski technique. I don't think it feels like skiing at all but it is fun when you need a quick WO!

Lori, awesome job on the mary! You did great!!!

Helene, awesome job on the WO! I haven't done RS in so long. I might have to break that one out this week.

Trish, I have no clue what I'm gonna do for my rest week next week. What are you doing? I will probably throw some cardio in since I took a week off too early. Sorry to hear about your phone. YUCK! If mine fell in 1 of the toilets @ the hole I would flush it. I've never seen nastier bathrooms in my LIFE. The bathrooms in Grand Central don't even compare...

Amelia, that just reminded me of an old Friends episode with Phoebe's sexy phlegm. Every time my BFF or I get sick we walk around asking people if they like our sexy phlegm. LOL!! The calorie cycling is going pretty well. Planning my meals/snacks ahead of time is really helping!

Deb, glad to hear you had fun on your trip! Don't worry about the eating; you'll be back on track in no time plus you hiked so you did well!

Cookie, how are you this week?

Evening!
My dad and his wife have returned to their home and my life is somewhat settling down. Had to take one daughter shopping for a winter coat and boots this evening. I've been at the mall more the past month and a half than I have ever been total in my whole life. Someone should have warned me, or you think I might have thought, about how much more time would be spent there with another teenager girl in the house!
Belinda, wonder what cardio you did today. How are your sinuses doing?
Iris, how did the group bootcamp go? How do you plan out what you are going to do in your classes? Do you think you need to see a dr re the cough? Sounds like you have cough max.
Helene, I can't imagine how you managed to do both those wo yestrerday! You must have slept really well last night. Any doms? I'd love to get together again with you and Iris.
Melissa, I know skiers who used the Edge to keep them in condition over the summer. Do you like it? I have to go read what you're going to be for Halloween. What wo did you do to get those doms?
Kristin, hope you like the Smartboard. They are amazing! What training do you get on how to use it?
Lori, congrats on the mary! You are amazing. I'm sure your son missed you.
Amelia, I do that burning the candle at both ends routine way too often. Only I'm not doing it for fun, more for work! Something is definitely wrong with me. Hope your son is better soon.
Deb, how's everything going with you and yours? Sounds like you might have gone to Hunter Mt - did you? Was it to the Oktoberfest? We went there years ago, and it was fun. Lots of beer.
This is my rest week before heading into sts meso 3. I'm looking forward to plyo legs; my dh is already dreading them. Today was cardio core circuit. Think I might do a kickbox tomorrow.
Cookie

IMAX 2 done!!! God, do I love, love, love, love, love this workout. Did I mention how much I love it. It is a killer, but I feel freakin' fantastic afterwards!

Lori- Great job! You are really an inspiration to me and I cannot believe running without music. . . I could never do that, especially for 26 miles.

Helene- I still have a cough now and then, but I feel much better. I cannot wait to play with my new toy ;).

Amelia- BM 2 rocks! I hardly every do it in its entirety. My favorite premix is cardio and weights. Sometimes I'll do everything but the power circuits. I substitute the PC with the bonus routine that combines all three from the first half and then the weighted work. Love the ab work on it too.

Trish- don't beat yourself up about those donuts. Tomorrow is another day!

Melissa- you have to post pics of you in this costume. I am dying to see it!

Cookie- I did not get a lot of training for the SMARTboard. I took a 1 1/2 hour class during last year's Supt. Conference Day. Then we had one on wheels an dI used it once, I planned on using it more, but they gave it to a teacher and bolted it in his room. I am lucky though, because the S.S. teacher on my team has one and told me he will show me the ropes. I tend to learn fast when it comes to these things. We shall see.

Deb- Glad to hear you had a good time.

Okay, good night all!

Kristin

Last check in before bed. DH is planning to get up with me @ 4:00 to wo. I've got $100 that says he won't make it. LOL!! Have a great night ladies.

Hi girls,

My check-ins are getting later and later:( Work is starting to get crazy, Christmas trees & balls are all over the place . . . the stores were told to have it set-ups up by Oct. 28th this year, doubt it will all be up:) Tonight I ended up doing Travel Fit just couldn't decide on anything.

Belinda - Apparently this German tavern has this every weekend all year long so I'm guessing it's Octoberfest is a year round thing in this town.

Iris - Your right the fall foliage was beautiful. Wondering how your group boot camp class went, now that's exciting!

Lori - Wow, you placement was great! I can't believe your already thinking about another race already:eek: Your legs must be so sore.

Helene - We really do have to get together. Great workouts yesterday.

Amelia - Too funny about trying to be a night owl & early bird:) Awesome calorie burn today!

Trish - So guess who told me this morning that he dropped his phone in the toilet my younger DS, ugh!! Only thing his isn't working:( I actually dropped mine last week in the parking lot but it's still working minus a piece.

Melissa - The ski machine sounds like fun and you don't even have to be cold.

Kristin - Looks like your going to have fun with the smartboard. Way to get your workout in tonight.

Cookie - I just received a really nice letter from DS today:) I rarely go to the mall on my day off I'm there way to much and I'm always window shopping. I'm starting to think malls are geared towards teenagers anyway.

Good night everyone:)

Good evening,

I ended up doing LIC this evening. Felt like doing a circuit workout, so I did!

Kirstin - good job, last night! Yeah, on the Smartbord. Wtg, on IMAX 2 today. I almost pulled that one out, lol!

Iris - that sore throat is haning around, hah! I love the working with the med ball or stability ball. How as LIS today? I am a Senior Spouse Advisor for the Army!

Welcome back Lori! I am so pround of you. You did fantastic, girl! Get some rest! BTW, I couldn't run without music.

Helene - PM me your email address...so I can sent you the doc with the rotation! Nice job on your weights last night. I also enjoy PS and SH.

Amelia - nice workout and cal burn today.

Trish - I was in no mood to workout either today.... glad I did. Good job on the elliptical today. Did your DH get up at 4??:D

Melissa - enjoy your rest day.

Cookie - my sinus are fine, so far! Thanks for asking! You have a lot going on, hope it will slow down for you soon. enjoy your recovery week. M3 was my fav, lol!

Good night, girls! Great job, on your workouts today. You all rock!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.