Commit to get fit & lean for Oct 14, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone had a great night sleep? I know, I did:) I was falling asleep during my fav TV show (The Good Wife):confused: Must be the change in weather, it's getting cold outside:confused: I am not looking foward to winter!

My plan for today is to do legs and calves! And yes, I will do some abs too;)

Have a wonderful day and workout, girls! BBL!

Morning! Couldn't sleep so here I am. Last night the satellite wasn't working. Of course, the error message makes it seem like it is never that is the problem. According to the message, the Cathe server was not working. It's so aggravating.
Belinda, my sons were like Lori's when they were younger also. How are your sinuses doing? I dread winter and don't look forward to it. We're warning the exchange student with stories of cold and snow. Guess they don't have much in Ireland.
Amelia, glad things look good with the job prospects. Still doing Jillian's yoga meltdown?
Lori, how did you sleep last night? No little ones in with me and still I'm awake. Hard to believe when you are in the middle of them, but those years do go by quickly. Flag any planes this week?
Helene, did you do ps twice? I bow to you for even thinking of it. STS does spoil us though.
Iris, that's tough trying to work out and even work with a runny nose. Mine seldom ever runs, which is why I get so many sinus problems. Hope you're able to have a good day today with it.
Deb, how's everything going? Are you able to keep up with your workouts? Had another meeting this morning with the coworker, and it was quite gratifying to see she drives everyone equally crazy.
Melissa, Iris has regaled us with D stories. So, are you going to start sharing some? It is more my sons and a coworker who can make my head spin.
Kristin, are you still able to workout at night? How do you summon up the energy at the end of the day?
Trish, just wondering are you still doing the gym at lunchtime, and if so how did you fit in eating lunch? Lately, lunch is driving in the car, and I'm looking for quick portable ideas.
Still doing sts with dh. Had to do last week's on my own while he was away, but now he's back. Today is supposed to be cardio circuit but I may do kpc, since I haven't done that one in a while. Have to go to a dinner for my dh this evening. Which means after a meeting at the end of work day, I pick up one from play practice, then watch end part of another's soccer game, drive them home (about an hour) and then go to dinner. Hopefully will only be about half an hour late.
Cookie

Well, hello there. Cannot believe it is Thursday already. I did not work out last night. I was scheduled to, but I did feel well still and I was tired. So last night it was supposed to be Athletic Step and then some ab work. tonight, depending on my energy I will do IMAX 2 and ab work or Athletic step and ab work.

Cookie- It isn't easy, but usually if I push through the warm up, I am good to go. Plus, I actually feel better afterwards.

Belinda- enjoy your workout.

Kristin

Morning ladies,

I'm on the train trying out my new schedule. Yesterday I was a walking zombie. Today I am much better. I did D9 Legs this AM. My knees are bothering me (again). I shouldn't complain though. It's been a few months since they have. Odd thing is it seems the elliptical work initiated it or at least is aggravating it:confused:

Anyways, I will check in from work. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning,

I didn't get a workout in yesterday and I didn't get to check in either:( Work was draining. I think they may have been going though accounts pass due and they (meaning the boss and his sidekicks) would be calling us for info. Then my manager would be asking me for stuff or asking me questions about stuff when I was in the middle of something else. I just felt like I was being pulled in a million directions. My head hurt and I was exhausted by the time I left work. I had to go back again at 6 so instead of having supper early I picked up a coffee and it really did the trick!

I had another lia sophia party to go to last night...its just a constant circle:confused: I ordered 3 things and all of them gifts. I didn't need anything for myself. I just got all that free stuff a while ago. At least I don't get the guilts for spendnig money that way;)

So I have tons of stuff to do today. I need to workout,DS has an apt with speech, I have to pack, pick something up for my SIL.....I need to make a list! Not to mention the normal stuff,like laundry....ugh! And I don't know what's going on with this cold,it seems to be getting worse for both DS and I.

Belinda** I'm not looking forward to winter either. I have a hard time adjusting to Fall and I often leave the house with no coat on!:eek: Then I have to come back and get it. I slept pretty good last night but DH had some kind of humidifier plugged in and it sounded ok when we first went to bed but every time I woke up after, it sounded like someone was vacuuming around me! Everything sounds louder when the house is dead quiet.

Cookie** No, I have retired from waving planes in!:D My manager found out,even though I didn't tell him. He was o.k with it but was pointing fingers at the refueler for leaving the mechanic in charge. I told him that I thought the mechanic should have told the refueler that he wasn't comfortable doing it right from the beginning. I knew he was gonna blame him b/c he is an easy target.

Kristin** Both of us will get a good workout in today. I hate missing workouts but that's the way it goes sometimes!

I'm going to read yesterday's ,thread then I will return!

Lori:)

Trish** We were checking in at the same time. Hope you have a better day then yesterday...atleast you started it off with a workout!!!:D

Ameila** We will keep our fingers crossed that you get a call back!!! And then that you get the job. When are you making your other dentist apts....:confused: I soooo hate going to the dentist. Do you have dental insurance? I have it but it doesn't cover anything worth while!

Deb** We won't start decorating for Christmas until early Dec, or maybe even late Nov if we are in the mood. Most of our Halloween decorations are up now and on all day long, thanks to DS.

Helene** Did you get a workout in yesterday? It was pretty quiet here yesterday, I think everyone was super busy!

Iris** Well...I don't what to tell you about not being able to get high:p but I know advil cold and sinus does the trick for me when I have to cold. I should have taken some last night before I went to bed. My throat was so itchy! Ugh!!! I am hoping its soon gonna pass!

Kristin** DD was really smart when she was younger, she still is....but this boy I have is a different ball game:D DH thinks he is super smart...I just wish he would talk already!:p

Melissa** I don't dislike ab work but if I don't do it before cardio, its not likely to get done!:eek:

Cookie** I didn't know you had visitors. How long are they staying for?

O.k...so before I forget :

I don't know if I can be tracked like the last time or not but the marathon is called, Goodlife Fitness Toronto marathon,my number is #63. Hopefully you can try tracking me cause Im not sure when I will have access to a computer after the race. My blackberry doesn't contact to the internet that well.

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies....

Well not really.... *sigh*. My nose won't stop running, I lost my voice last night. Now the cough is starting to break up. :( I'm just falling apart. I swear I will go to church and confession every flippin' Sunday for the rest of my life if I have tojust to get rid of this right now.
I went back to work last night because a treadmill was down and the repairmen called......so....almost 2 hours!!! I mean, it's GREAT that he was so thorough, but he kept trying to explain it to me. Ok....I don't really care on a GOOD day, and I couldnt' even talk last night, I kept blowing my nose, I was so miserable.....I shouldn't be there like that! Omg I cursed DC.....and all he had to say was " wow, great service, was fixed in 24 hours!" .... I'm like yeah how about I wreck the shoulder press, and you can learn the entire manual from this guy tomorrow.....LOL *sigh*. Needless to say, I"m taking my sweet arse time going in today, I can't talk anyways.............and I have no appointments. Considering just working from home......taking some CEC's or something.

Sorry, I have a lot to say today....lol

I've decided to start STS all over again this weekend.

Belinda- Your'e nuts for running when sick like that! The thought of walking briskly makes me want to cough a lung. Hope you have a great workout today!

Lori- Wow, you got lots going on today!!! Hope your DS's appt. goes well. I will try and track you if I can. ;) You know what works better then advil cold and sinus?? A total knockout....how bout that. Just put me out of my misery already...lol

Amelia- Two cavities?? That's it?? I had like 10, and all four wisdom teeth out..... and uphill both ways....LOL I really like your rotation...I need more yoga, now I'm considering not blowing right back into STS.

Cookie- Wow @ all of your running around today!! I hope you can relax for five seconds at the dinner and have a glass of wine!!

Helene- Did you get to PS last night? And the coffee pot? lol

BBL

Morning ladies! Sorry, I was MIA yesterday :eek:

My eating was NOT good yesterday. The no-no was that I 1) didn't have enough protein and 2) I ate way too much sugar. It started with 2 peanut M&Ms and it all went downhill from there. If I stay away from the sugar I'm ok but once that 1st piece hits my mouth, it's all over.

This morning I did M1D8 & 4DS LIS cardio premix. My back is already sore from STS but it feels SO good! I am trying to cut down on the carbs today to make up for the damage I did yesterday :eek:

Something crazy...yesterday when I was driving home they were doing construction and I got stopped by a flagman. I looked up and he was a family member of the defendant that I was on the jury for!!!!! He looked at me and shook his head. I'm like "OH God, Oh God," and locked my doors lol. I had nightmares about him following me home :eek:

Belinda, I'm not ready for winter either. I do love the fall though and I don't mind the cooler weather, as long as it doesn't get colder than 55 degrees ;)

Cookie, I am still confused on what 'D' means lol! I am slow. Tell me so I can spill some D stories of my own; I'm sure I have some ;)! There seems to be a story for everything w me. The book I'm reading right now is the 8th one from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I love these books so much! They are hilarious and just a fun read. I think there are 16 in the series but I have The Suspicions of Mr Whicher on deck from the library, so I will take a break from Ms. Plum and read something different.

Kristin, I was exhausted last night too and skipped my workout. Have fun with IMAX 2 tonight! I know you will :D

Trish, nice workout! I love the leg discs for M1. I can really tell they are working. What time do you get up in the AM?

Lori, you never need jewelry, you just deserve to have more, hehe ;). I am an accessories junkie! Instead of buying new clothes, I buy new rings, earrings, belts, necklaces: it's cheaper and you can totally change an outfit by adding something different.

Iris, I hope you feel better! There is nothing worse than feeling like you were hit by a freight train and having to go in to work. Are you starting STS over from Disc 1?

Amelia, I'm glad your job app went well! Keep us posted!!

Helene, keep up the good work! Please send me some clean eating vibes since I only made it 2 days this week :eek: Stupid PMS.

Hi Deb! Hope you have a good day!!

Morning Girls,

Just finished my workout,yay! I did the 4ds LIS Weights First Premix + a 30min power walk. After everything i burned 722 calories in 1:40mins. I was surprised at the calories burned with that 4ds workout:)

Last night DH and I watched a pretty good movie. It was called Lake Mungo, its filmed like a documentary and its based on a true story surrounding a girls mysterious Death and the haunting afterwords. The ending is shocking...and there's none of that 'jumpy boo' kinda stuff either. I can't stand that. I wouldn't recommend it for kids though...

Belinda-Awesome job on your workout! Yay on your good nights sleep!

Iris-You sound like my mom who has a cold right now too and its lingering. Seems like she has had it for two weeks now:( I hope you feel better soon. I think I forgot to mention about my two extractions along with my two cavities:eek: One is a wisdom tooth:confused: oh lord...

Lori-You too with a cold? Wow, sorry to hear about that. Hope you and your DS feels better soon. DH has an appt next week with the dentist to get a tooth pulled, i will have to go after him. His insurance is pretty decent but like yours, doesn't pay for everything like I wish it would. I really need braces but no way i can afford that right now.

Cookie-Busy day for you...I hope it all goes smoothly. Enjoy KPC today!! I haven't done Jillians yoga meltdown in a while, i pulled it out yesterday but just ran out of time. arg...

Kristine-Love that AS...I plan on doing it soon instead of 4ds kb(doing a 4ds rotation right now) Have a great workout!

Trish-Sorry your knees are bothering you again. Glad your feeling better today

Melissa-Im the same way with sugar..so additive. My kids get one sugar snack a week and I try to grab something that I don't care for so Im not tempted:confused: They have sugar cookies this week...yuk,lol

Hello to Helene-Hope your feeling better today!

Did I miss anyone? If i did hello:p ok, off to start some lunch then laundry.

Hi everyone,

Quick check-in from work.....

Belinda: I never ended up doing PS a second time last night. I'll have to impress you another time :p I just loose courage in the evenings. Maybe I should do what Kristin does and just make it through the warm-up.

Melissa: :eek: I jinxed myself. Last night was a disaster. I start with a turtle and finished the box. You know, these nice chocolate caramel peanut clusters.... :eek: I can't seem to stop once I have a little bit of something bad :confused: Anyways, I am back on this morning and starred down a display of bagels and pastries at work without a problem. Just grabbed some fresh fruit and some water. So I am sending you TONS of good vibes your way from this morning (not the ones from last night LOL). You better report that you got them too :D WTG on your workouts. That is very impressive!

Lori: Sorry work was crazy yesterday. I hope that you don't get sick before the Mary. I'll follow your race. Which day is it exactly? I guess I can look that up too :D

Kristin: Hope you can get through your workout and feel better soon.

Amelia: Ugh, good luck with the dentist and WTG on your workout and cal burn :eek:

Trish: Ugh on the knees. I hope they won't cramp your workout style :)

Deb: I hope you are doing well.

Cookie: Snow and cold. She'll get a surprise that's for sure. Should be fun for her though. Does she have proper gear for really cold weather. Sorry your Sat was acting up. I forgot when you said we could get together but let's do it :) I think if you chose the day, Iris and I can most likely go. Just avoid Mondays and Thursdays for me.

Iris: So, are you still with a runny nose and all. Sorry you had to stay for 2 hrs last night.

Been a bit of a rough day. Started out my coffee pot is broken. Got up at 5 and didn't have my first cup of coffee until 9am. :confused: Then DD got up just before I started my workout. I fed her, gave her a drink and put her in bed with DH with TV while I went to workout. Got LM warm-up and blasts done. I'm happy with that. Then the usual morning rush. Wonder if any morning will ever NOT be a rush......

Have a great day everyone.

Hallo girls,

Just a quick check in;)

Cookie - you were up early! So far, my sinus are fine! Thanks for asking. Have fun iwth KPC. How long will your vistors stay?

Kirstine - have fun with your cardio today.

Trish - sorry, about your knees. Take it easy! WTG, this morning.

Lori - sorry, about work. Hope it a better one today. Hope you and DS will kick that cold once and for all. 63 is a good number.

Iris - you have a chest cold, I didn't. Mine is sinus, nothing in my chest. Hope you feel better.

Kirstine - today is another day! Hope you enjoyed those M&M's! LOL! It already got down into the 30's. That's cold!

Amelia - wtg, on that cal burn today. Keep us posted on the job.

Helene - that soundsl like a rough morning, without coffee. I can't go without it. Hope your day is getiing better.

I will be back later!

Well, I did Step Moves because I did not think I could do Athletic Step or IMAX 2 with the freakin’ never-ending cold, but then when I finished Step Moves I felt I could do more. So I did the Blast Only premix of LIC and then I added the ab work from LIC. Overall, I had a really good workout.

Lori- I’m with you on the cold. I’m sick of being sick, lol. Hopefully tomorrow our heads will be congestion free. Here’s to hoping ;)

Cookie- did you make it to dinner? I am hoping that my DH gets me STS for Christmas. Did you preorder any of the new workouts. Tomorrow is the last day and I still haven’t preordered yet. I definitely want them though.

Melissa- you live in a crazy world, lol! Only you would bump into the defendant’s relative on a construction road, along with having someone call you at 3 in the morning to do a demo the next day, ;)

Amelia- never heard of that movie. Did you rent it or was it on cable?

Helene- if my coffee pot broke in the morning I would freak out like nobody’s business!!!!! I must have my coffee, two cups before anyone talks to me. That is the law ;)

See ya all tomorrow!

Kristin

Hi girls,

I've been MIA because it seems like everyone wants a piece of me:rolleyes: I did do boxing (Lori I too have DOMS in the back), GS chest & tri's and the TM tonight (not all in one day).

DS calls one night he wants to change places, next day he calls with a counselor near by & say's he wants to stay. Of course I ask him is it of his free will thinking in my crazy mind that someone's twisting his arm:eek: and it's affecting my sleep. Last night we need to make the long drive and bring him his winter coat & laundry detergent. Tonight he calls and sounds good but will write me a letter and explain everything.

On top of everything else some of my stores are calling me for set-ups at least some of them can wait till next week. Awhile ago promised my MIL I would take her to NY to meet her friend for lunch and didn't want to cancel on them. I enjoy her friend's company. Leaving tomorrow to go to Round Top NY it's near Cairo NY w/DH, DS & GF. OK, there's my rant for the day:eek:

Belinda - Happy to hear your sinuses are better. Does that mean no operation?

Iris - Sending more healing vibes your way:( I'm hoping your better soon.

Lori - GOOD LUCK with your race this weekend!!!!! We'll be cheering you on:)

Amelia - Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Trish - Sorry about your knees, strange about the elliptical.

Kristin - I think it's this cold weather I've been eating like crap too:eek:

Melissa - Too scary about running into that guy. Waiting to see if I have jury duty on Monday, seriously I feel like telling them I have no time!

Helene - I happy I'm not alone in this craziness, except I don't do well under pressure. It seems like you handle it well.

Cookie - Kudos to you and DH for sticking STS out. Hope you were able to relax at dinner tonight.

Good night everyone:)

Good evening,

Cookie - that's cool, that you and your DH are doing STS together! Have fun.

Debbie - sounds like you have a lot going on! ((HUGS)) have fun tomorrow.

Lori - good luck with your race this weekend. Go Lori, go!

Iris - how are you feeling? Take care!

Kirstin - nicely done with your workout.

Good night, ladies. See you all in the morning.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.