Commit to get fit & lean for Oct 12, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I will do cardio today.

I will be back with personals and to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout.

Good morning all! Today's workout is GS Back, shoulders and biceps. My two DS and I have colds. It came on yesterday. hopefully it won't stop me from getting the workout in. Back to work today. i cannot wait. I graded the test I gave on Friday and everyone did fantastic. I cannot wait to give them back today!

BBL for personals,
Kristin

Good Morning:)

Up way to early on my day off. I was hoping to sleep a little later but when DH was getting ready for work he woke DS up so we were up before 7!

I have some nice DOMS going on from yesterdays boxing. I also have one spot right in the middle of my back that kind of hurts. Its really tight and I was hoping to get in the hot tub but like clock work, DS was up around 11:30 to play musical beds.

I'm not sure what today's workout will be. Probably just cardio...def won't be UB:p

Belinda** Have fun with your workout. The thing about asking everyone what they want to do opens another bunch of doors cause then everyone has ideas that they think are wonderful. I haven't back from her since I wrote my response. I love the brunch cause we all make lots of goodies. I was surprised that she offered to have it at her house though. I probably wouldn't care so much either if she was a nice person but she is fake.

Melissa** I have tried using the weights for other KB workouts but if the moves are to fast, I take them off again. I took them off yesterday during the UB blitz portions cause I didn't want to hurt myself. Anyway, I don't wrap the weights around my wrist. I wrap them around my palms with my thumb out over to keep them in place...if that makes sense. Hope your back on the clean eating track. I had a good day yesterday. Once I have one good day I can usually keep going.

Deb** Sounds like you are getting DS sorted out. You take it so well. You look at the brght side in everything....not everyone can do that!! Good for you!

Kristin** Sorry the kiddies are sick! We still have a touch of something in our house.I thought we were over it but my throat is kind of itchy again! Ugh! Hopefully whatever it is won't last long. Have a good day at school!!!

O.k...I will bbl!

Lori:)

Last edited:
Hallo girls,

I am done with Drill Max, 74 min! Felt like doing a circuit workout today, so I did:eek: I burned 937 cal according to my HR monitor:eek: I will have DH check my HR out, that seems a little high, altough I was sweating my butt off the entire 70+ min:eek: Anyway had an awesome workout:D was a lot of fun! I also did abs from LIC! That's it for me today.

Lori - good job, on your DOMS! Enjoy your cardio today. Yeah, your right! It will only open a a can of w$$$ a$$! There are some really stupid people out here, I tell you:eek: Have a great day!

Hallo to the rest of the gang!

Have a great workout today, ladies! BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

I still don't have it in me to do M1 Week 3.....*sigh*. Now my cough is starting to break up....which is almost worse, being at the gym and all....if I go in today. Also, my mom has a doc appointment this morning....probably shouldn't go to that either, but I am. At least today I ate breakfast....and coffee is tasting almost normal. I think I might pick up some Thera - Flu Non Drowsy...usually when I take that, it helps and I fly high as a kite all day. :cool:

Belinda- Have a great workout!

Lori- Forget the D's...I ain't callin' no D's when I'm sick! LOL. So how do you celebrate your Thanksgiving?

Melissa- LOL I always laugh when you say you're at the hole. And yeah I think the class will be good for you so at least you know how to make drinks! I'm gonna be honest,one of my biggest pet peeves in training new bartenders is training ones who have never bartended.......it's hard enough teaching someone how to run the bar, used to tell my boss with every new one, I dont' get paid to teach how to mix drinks or how to talk to people. :eek: I teach computer and procedure....that's it. Everything else? They either got it or they don't. I know I sound brutal.......:eek::eek::confused: God forbid I was training when I was sick.

Deb- Yeah insurance is unbelievable. :confused: I really pray it all gets straightened out for you. wtg on GS yesterday. :) I do think it's the flu......and like I told Lori...forget the D's!

Trish- Dang I wanna do D7. :( Ugh. So this staff member plays the "I'm on meds" card, eh?? That must drive you nuts.

Ok ladies.....have a wonderful day.

Hi ladies,

So this checking in every other day is turning into a habit for me :eek:

Belinda: Wow on the DM numbers, and that's after yesterday's workout too! You the Woman! Woohoo!

Lori: I'm still back at you waving that plane in. That was too funny. And really too bad no one was there to take a picture. I hope you can ease your back and keep the cold at bay. My friend did her 1st mary this weekend. She didn't train very well (single mom, three girls 5 to 11 and works with me) but she finished well under 5 hours.

Iris: LOL at not calling D's when you are sick. I'm a DayQuill girl myself. That stuff works well too. Too funny at bartending and training people. Now Melissa is probably scared she'll run into someone like you. LOL Hope you feel better soon. I hate these darn flu season starting so early!

Kristin: I have never though about the teacher's side of things and being happy to give a test back. LOL. I hope you all get over the flu soon :( Yes, it's the great escapes by Lake George. I am about 30mns south from there so we have season passes :D It was packed on Sunday though. But we always have fun and the kids too.

Melissa: You crack me up as much as Iris. You two are funny and could write a book with your style. So the hole isn't as bad as it could be because they are gone today too? I would have flown off the handle if someone had gone through my folders. OMG you need out! That place is where Dilbert gets written! No joke.

Amelia: How are you? Keep at it girl. I'm lurking on your blog anyway :)

Cookie: Hope you are doing good!

Deb: I'm crossing your fingers that this works for DS. My parents would have thrown me to the curb a long time ago.... I think..... Yes, great escapes has what they call fright fest at the moment and it is fun. Glad you are enjoying GS. It's on the October rotation so I'll get to it soon. PS legs got me good and sore by last night. Too a long hot bath and it's better this morning.

Trish: I don't have to write (or give evals) and thank god for that. Not my cup of tea. My group is a whole of three people and I like it that way. I hate writing me own enough. It's so phony. I just want feedback to be timely and then a summary at the end of the year. Sheesh. Hope DSD does good by you and that you can get more time with the kids.

My meeting got canceled last night so I got a good night's sleep. No workout for me but I did get in a power walk for 40mns at lunch. So I'll count that.

Ok ladies, got to go to my schmwork. I guess I'm just happy I don't need to call it a hole LOL But why can't they pay me to do nothing? :p

Kirstin - you and I must have posted at the same time! Sorry! Have fun with your workout today.

Iris - glad you starting feel a little better! Take it easy, girl! Hope your mom's appt goes well!

Helene - nice job on that walk yesterday. Have fun at work today.

BBL!

Good Morning girls,

Today is going to be a busy one. First I've got to get my workout in...I will do a MM UB premix then get my dog walk in. After the long weekend my house is a complete disaster so i need to start on it. I've got a dentist appt. later this morning, there is a tooth that has been bothering me and since this is a new patient appt they want to do a full evaluation on me and it will take about an hour and a half:confused: Me? sitting quietly for that long isn't good:confused: Anyways, ive got grocery's to get and i've also got to fill out an application at that warehouse job I was telling Lori about the other day. They hire for Christmas right now(then later lay off but i don't care as long as i get to bring some extra money in;))

Sorry to be MIA lately...i will try and catch up with personals later this afternoon:) Back on track with my eating yesterday...yay! Later gators:)

I can't believe its only 9:30....seem's like I have been awake forever. I have alot of crap already done. Because my sister is meeting me in TO, I have a bunch of stuff to take to her, like the stuff she left home, Christmas gifts from my mom and I wanted to pick through DS's clothes and see what was to small and take to my nephew. Anyway...Ive managed to gather up all the things,clean through his closet and even get bag ready for goodwill.

Belinda** Nice workout. I still don't know what I want to do today. DS is suppose to be going to preschool this afternoon but I set up a playdate with one of the girls from my baby group...not the bossy one though:p

Helene** I finished the last mary in 3:47 so I hoping for a little better. Its mostly downhill which could be a bad thing b/c even though its easier it will be harder on the knees. Its amazing as a single mom that she could train and do it, quit the accomplishment!

Ameila** Hope you get somewhere with the job hunt. Even though its not with your training, it will certainly help with extra $ during christmas time. Lord knows we could all use extra $ this time of year!

Iris** LOL at being as high as a kite! haha! Whatever works! Hope your mom as a good appt!

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Hi girls,

I'm back from work and surprisingly I have energy so I'm either going to do Cathe's kickbox or boxing will pick which ever one is shorter:)

Belinda - Wow some calorie burn, hmm all the cheat meals you can get away with today:eek:

Lori - Since your Thanksgiving is so early for Canadians do you start decorating for Christmas already? I guess here in the US that's kind of the way it goes.

Iris - Hopefully now that your cough is breaking up it's uphill from here. They must be missing you at the gym.

Helene - Is Great Escapes where they have the horse that dives into the pool? I remember going to a park in Lake George that had that.

Amelia - Good luck with the job application today:) It's hectic to work the holidays but you'll just have to count the days to January like me;)

Kristin - Helene is right I never thought about how teachers felt about tests.

Melissa - Do you have experience of making drinks from the demo's?

Trish - We missed your train check-in:)

Cookie - I was thinking about you today and wondering if you decided if you would say something to the co-worker.

Enjoy the rest of the night:)

Evening ladies!

This morning I did IMAX 2 and I also did STS Yoga-based abs when I got home from work. I find that if I split up my WOs and do abs later in the day, it's less daunting since I HAAAAAAAATE ab work! My goal is to start getting my workouts done in the AM before work; I've been obsessed with reading lately, so all I wanna do when I get home is relax with a good book. Let's see how this goes :p

Kristin, it seems like nasty colds are going around. I hope you & your little ones feel better :( I'm not ready for flu season. My stupid coworker "Chet" (we call him Chet because he looks like the older bro from "Weird Science" LOL!!) came in sick today, coughing all over everyone. He is one of those martyrs who will be running a 105 fever and come in to work because he cares sooooo much, then brag about it.

Lori, my back has been getting DOMS from boxing too. It never used to :confused: Thanks for the tips on the ankle weights! I have MMA scheduled for Thurs so I am going to give it a try for the heavy bag part.

Iris, I had the same problem w/ M1W3!! I was supposed to finish it last week but didn't have it in me, so I am having a re-do this week. LOL @ training new BTs! That's why I wanted to take the class, so I can learn some mixology. I'm great with people and I can get computer systems pretty easily, so I just need to nail the drink part down ;)

Helene, LOL!! The hole could definitely be where Dilbert works. My coworker and I always say we are going to write a book about what goes on there because you can't make this stuff up. Today I was getting so frustrated that I just blurted out "I should just start smoking pot and come in stoned so I can deal with the idiots that work here!!" Well, someone took me seriously and is like "Really?? I have some good stuff, wanna go in the parking lot?" Seriously?! No wonder we have the problems we do!

Amelia, I hope your dentist appointment goes well. For some reason I love going to the dentist. I think I have an inner sado- living in me :eek: Good luck with the job app!!

Deb, how did the workout go? I have some experience making drinks from the promo job but we make really basic things. I know a lot about different kinds of alcohol, just not much on what you can mix with them.

Hi Trish and Cookie! Hope you are both having a great day :D

Evening! It has been so hectic with my dad and his wife visiting; sorry for being mia. They've gone off to Washington for a couple of days, so I can catch my breath.
Belinda, congrats on the new dress size - you've worked hard for it.
Amelia, I know what you meant by walking faster to not have to talk. I stayed at the far end of the soccer game so I didn't have to chat with a couple of moms, whom I like, but just am too talked out.
Lori, lol at you flagging down the plane. Did you show your coworker yours biceps? That would intimidate him.
Helene, I bet Great Escape was crowded this weekend! Are your parents still here? I'd love to get together, sometime after this weekend tho. One more weekend of worship and adoration.
Iris, hope you're feeling better. Sounds like this cold really got a hold of you. Have you missed many days at the gym?
Trish, what do you usually do on the train? I'd read. I have such a huge pile of those I want to get to.
Kristin, glad your students did so well on the test. Enjoy your date?
Melissa, lol at the smoking in the parking lot. You could write a short story collection about your office. What are you reading?
Deb, glad your ds got a bed. Is it far from your house? You're right insurance is pitiful. I couldn't believe how little they pay for with mine either. I swear I have spent a year of my life on line with them discussing their not wanting to pay for things. I know what you mean about wanting to go to church but not being sure. Sometimes I've gone to church in a different area during stressful times. My exchange student is here for the school year. We've already invited her to return in August to go on vacation with us. How does such a young couple afford a house and a baby?
On last week of meso 2, just legs, back and bi to go. Today was 30/30 and I should be doing abs now, but I am just too tired. Need to find that clean eating train, 'cause I've sure missed it.
Cookie

Had a great day at work and at home. I spent an hour coloring with my two boys. Christopher, who just turned two in June could identify blue, green, pink, yellow and orange. I was impressed. I think both my boys are geniuses though (yea, I'm one of those moms, lol). I got in GS Back, shoulders, and biceps. Now I am waiting for DH to watch the last episode of Boardwalk Empire, we missed on Sunday when we went out.

Melissa- Holy crap do I love that movie, lol. The 80s had the best movies of all time! Chet, too funny. I love Office Space too.

Amelia- sounds like a busy day. Good luck with the job application and the dentist. I hate going to the dentist :eek:.

Deb- enjoy your workout. I think the MMAs are all about the same length. I don't have the boxing one though.

Helene- My cousin lives in Saratoga. The last two times we visited up there, we were supposed to go, but for some reason or another the plans changed. It looks like fun though.

Good night all!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.