Commit to get fit and lean for May 15, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning ladies,

I hope I got the date right today:eek:

My breathing was a little better last night, but still didn't get a good night sleep with DH's snoring:rolleyes: He really needs to see a doctor for this! My nose is still very stuffy. I feel so run down.

Today I will take a walk, hope it doesn't start raining! Plus I will work my shoulders with the tubing. I don't think I will need Cathe's travel workout anymore, I am getting really creative with the tubing/bands:p:eek: I am just kidding! My biceps and triceps are still sore from Tuesday! I am working them good!

Cookie, I am keeping records on my tubing wo! I found a lot of very good exercises on the web. If you want me to, I can post them this weekend (maybe I have time today)?

I will be back to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout!

Good Morning:( Just a tad bit sad today. One of our dogs died last night. Just typing this makes me want to cry:confused::( He was about 11 yrs old, part german/doberman mix...big dog but a wonderful personality! He hasn't been very well (leg wise) but other then that he seemed fine. We started him on glucosimine to see if that would help but I don't even think he was taking it long enough. Yesterday afternoon we were outside all evening with the dogs and my SIL said "chico is right there" he was in the bushes behind our house. I said, "thats o.k, he isn't going anywhere" b/c he never went anywhere. When I looked he was gone. I went behind our house but couldn't see him anywhere, walked up and down the st but there was no sign of him. One of our friends called and he seen him behind our house, stuck in the mud (theres a few tress behind our house, then a ditch, then the road) I went to get him but he wouldn't come out of the trees ( i think he went away to die) He finally made it back to the garage but later got up, walked over to my inlaws lawn and lay down by the play house. He didn't look right to me and his stomach was swollen. We were going to take him to the vet but he wouldn't get up and there was no way we could move him (he use to weigh 135 lbs) and thought that maybe he needed some time to come around. We ate our dinner, kept checking on him and when we looked he was up walking around again. We took him back to the garage (afraid he would take off again and his stomach was getting more swollen in my eyes) and he died later yesterday evening. I checked on him around 8:30 and he was gone by 9:00.

He was such a wonderful dog. Now the other dog is totally lost. He as been with him since he was a pup and now he is gone. I can't believe it. I don't deal with death very well.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep last night. I kept dreaming about chico and all the wonderful things he did and we did with him. He had a good life and I need to remember that. We can't get him cremated until Tues but they are coming to pick him up today. Im guessing Tues won't be a very good day either. Its going to take a while to adjust to him not being around:(

I will bbl! Hopefully I will be in better spirits!

Lori

Lori, I am so sorry for you loss! I know how you feel, dogs are like our children. My thoughts and prayers are with you. (((((((HUGS))))))
Take it easy today, ok!

When my dog past away in 2004, she wanted to go ouside to die, I didn't understood why she wanted to go outside constanly. It's a sign they are looking for a place to die.

Morning

oh Lori,im so sorry:( like Belinda said,our dogs are like our little 'furry' children,there isn't anything i wouldn't do for them. Hugs to you. Im sure he had a very happy life with your family! What was his name?

I lost a 12yr old companion back in oct of 05', my cocker spaniel Romeo, he was my buddy and it was so very hard for me to accept the fact that he was gone. I still think about him alot. i know how your feeling right now!!

Belinda-Ive got a friend who's husband snores and they have to sleep in seperate rooms because of it:eek:. Great job with your tubing workout yesterday.

Cookie-LOL, i didn't realize anyone would notice my Tom sig was missing. I felt my sig was very long. Great job with BM2 timesaver yesterday!

Trish-I think when i start working i will more than likely workout in the morning too, i know myself all to well...i probably won't do it at night. Great job with your MM workout yesterday! Awesome that your able to do all the pushups on your toes,i still can't do them all on my toes...i have to drop down and do 'girly' push-ups:rolleyes::eek:

today will be another CC on the treadmill. Ive decided to not do any weights this week until sunday or monday. Maybe that will give my back enough time to heal?

bbl

Last edited:
Good morning Amelia and all who follows today,

Amelia, DH sleeps in a differen't room once in a while, I just can't handle it! I can't put anything in my ears, since I always get ear infections. Enjoy your run today.

I am done with my shoulder wo/w the Cathe's red tubing!

This is what I did!

- front/side raises superset 4 sets 15 reps
(this were tough, I was breaking a sweat:eek:)
- Military press 4 sets 15 reps
- upright rows 4 sets 15 reps
- band pulls 4 sets 15 reps

After my walk, I will do band leg workout. I also have to work my abs:rolleyes: Let's see how much engery I have left after my walk?

Take care,

Good morning girls,

Quick post before I run out the door. My plane leaves at 2PM. Be back to check - in on Mon. or Tues. I ran to the gym and did boot camp big mistake now I need to catch up:(:(

Lori - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog:(:(:(

Have a great weekend Belinda, Amelia, Lori, Trish & Cookie:)

Hi girls,

Right after lunch I went for a walk (60min).

This is what I did for leg workout! Let me now how you like it, ok!

Easy Lower Body Workout with Resistance Band 2x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEweW...e=channel_page

Easy Lower Body Workout with Resistance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnSh6...e=channel_page

SparkPeople's Butt Blasting Workout (6 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YBnm2ZJNCM&feature=channel_page

Tone Your Inner and Outer Thighs - Coach Nicole's Favorites ( I like this one a lot!)3x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3X8A...e=channel_page

For Abs I did this!

The Best Beginner's Abs Workout with Stability Ball 1x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7nZ...eature=channel

Stability Ball Combination Exercises : Stability Ball Exercises: Oblique & Abs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4n5akTDPL4

They are great travel workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.