Commit to get fit and lean for March 26

Good morning girls,

I am done with CCV 3:p:D What a great workout! I burned 738 cal., I was sweating buckets with all those hills and sprints! LOL! Had a great workout!

Off to the showe, than take the dogs for a walk!

Have a great day and workout! Work it, girls:eek:

Good Morning!

Another not so great night, but what do I expect when I am sleeping at a hospital!:confused: I thought DS looked warm, his cheeks were flushed and sure enough, he was. Took his temp and it was back up to 38.3. When he sezuired it was 43.5!:( Im just getting so fustrated b/c why is everything going back up? No one as time to explain anything b/c they are sooo busy so we dont get answers until we drill someone. Then when we looked his IV wasnt working....had to take the old one out (waking him up) to put a new one in but the nurse couldnt get the vein. The Dr is coming in early to put his IV back in so DH will ask her a ton of questions then.
The good thing is, his temp didnt go up again anymore last night. I was starting to get a little freaked out and I had a couple of good cries for myself.

Anyway....when I was home yesterday I did CC 3. First workout I have done in days! I thought I might come home early enough today to get a workout in but we were late going to sleep and I didnt get up until 6:15. So there will be no workout for me today.

As for the hospital food....its a eat to stay alive right now. DH lost 5 lbs in a couple of days and he as been hogging all the hospital food.;) I have lost some but not nearly that much.

I have to get ready for work but just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and get well wishes. I will be so releived when my little boy is home with me again!!!!

Lori:)

Morning

Well,it looks like it's gonna be a cc v 3 day,i had planned on doing it also!

Belinda-Great job...and :eek: on the calorie burn,you go girl!

Lori-I bet your workout helped with all the stress youv'e been under lately, sending you super cyber hugs.

Trish-What cardio do you planned for today?

Cookie-Right now im on ch.6,The Law of Calorie Balance. What chapter have you read too...i would love to read it as a group book. Ch 6 has my head spinning though...im having to figure out how many cals im suppose to eat and i came up with 2000....:confused:(and thats to lose weight), but then agian,im really bad at math so im sure that is way off:rolleyes:.

Today is CC V 3:), bbl

Well,i registered for my race but i completely forgot to ask for that day off at work:rolleyes: I hope its not a problem:)confused:) i plan on calling my boss today to ask....im such a ding bat:rolleyes:

bbl

Last edited:
Hi girls,

Lori, I am sure it felt good to get a run in! You are a SUPER WOMAN! I also sending you cyber hugs and prayers! Hope your son’s fever stays down! Payers are still going on! Take care of yourself, ok!

Amelia, thanks for the article yesterday! Very interesting! Keep me posted on what else is in the book. I also want to lose weight, lol! I wouldn’t read a 50000 page book! ROFLMAO! It would take me forever to read it! I think I did really good this morning, my nose still is stuffed up! Holy cow! Was I sweating, maybe whatever I have I sweat it out?? What is the formula for The Law of Calorie Balance? Burn those cal. with CCV3! High fives doing your first race! That is awesome!

I will be back for more personals! :eek:

Hi girls,

Lori, I am sure it felt good to get a run in! You are a SUPER WOMAN! I also sending you cyber hugs and prayers! Hope your son’s fever stays down! Payers are still going on! Take care of yourself, ok!

Amelia, thanks for the article yesterday! Very interesting! Keep me posted on what else is in the book. I also want to lose weight, lol! I wouldn’t read a 50000 page book! ROFLMAO! It would take me forever to read it! I think I did really good this morning, my nose still is stuffed up! Holy cow! Was I sweating, maybe whatever I have I sweat it out?? What is the formula for The Law of Calorie Balance? Burn those cal. with CCV3! High fives doing your first race! That is awesome!

I will be back for more personals! :eek:

Belinda-he recommends several different formulas but this one is the most used he said...the Harris-Benedict Forumula . Here is a copy and paste of what he says...
The Harris-Benedict formula uses the factors of height, weight, age, and sex to determine basal metabolic rate (BMR). This makes it more accurate than determining calorie needs based on total bodyweight alone. The only variable it doesn’t take into consideration is lean body mass.

This equation will be very accurate in all but the extremely muscular (will underestimate caloric needs) and the extremely overfat (will overestimate caloric needs).

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 X wt in kg) + (5 X ht in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)
Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Note: 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters
1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

My suggested BMR(according to my fitness pal) is 1540. Im 5'3 and weigh 174(on a good day:rolleyes:) i get 2587 calories to maintian my weight....so if i was to cut my calories down to lose 1lb a week that puts me at 2087. That just seems like alot of calories..im gonna zigzag my cals.

anyhoot,im off to get my workout in...ive been cleaning all morning:)bbl

Last edited:
Cardio Coach volume three is done...burned 430cals and traveled 3.2miles,I wanted to travel closer to four miles but my HR kept staying in the red zone and i couldn't catch my breath,i think my body is still trying to recover from power hour yesterday:confused:. Anyways,im glad its over.

have a great day girls! bbl

Good afternoon girls,

I'm dogsitting my in-laws 2 yr. old Golden. She is a handful and I think she has ADD. I took the dogs for a walk to have Comet burn off some energy, but poor Simba (my dog) could barely keep up. I may incorporate the dogwalks into my workout (like Belinda;) just won't be able to go as long. I'm also going to do Disc 5 today.

Lori - I was thinking poor Rylan probably has no idea what's going on:( Last year my son was hospitalized and it broke my heart to see all the little ones. My son gets these staph infections (infected hair follicles) which are MRSA (resistant to antibiotics), he's actually on medicine now. They finally found an antibiotic which works so he doesn't have to be hospitalized:) I was in a fog for a week while he was in the hospital, even though he was older I stayed there too. Hang in there and our thoughts are with you.

Belinda - Great calorie burn today!!

Amelia - A lot of calculations to figure out BMR . . . I need to get my calculator:D

Trish - I hope you get your workout in today.

Cookie - I use a flat iron too, but I only try and use it once or twice a week. My hair is so dry mostly from highlighting and flat iron and maybe old age:confused: Are you going to get STS cardio?

'Evening!
Lori, glad to hear from you. This is so stressful for you and your family. Hope they find out what's going on very soon.
Belinda, sweating buckets - I should go find my CC and get moving. You ladies are reallly burning up the calories and filling buckets. Good for you.
Amelia, I'm hanging my head in shame that I can't say I've ever read up to a certain point in BFFM. It's more like I start at the beginning and then start jumping around. What I want to do is to go thru the whole book from start to finish. My work schedule will lighten up in a couple of weeks, and then I plan to read the book. I must have been thinking about it though 'cause I really zagged on the calories today. It was a horrendous day and emotional eating took over.
Deb, I have a golden, and she is the secret love of my life. She never barks, is always ready for a walk or run, never complains about laundry or dinner, and is always happy to see me. She's not too happy that I haven't taken her out on a walk in a bit though! Enjoy your dog walks.
Well, as I mentioned, it was a bad day at work. Just wish I didn't deal with it by eating, which only gets me more frustrated...
Did do Step Blast this morning.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.