Commit to get fit and lean for March 23, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi girls,

I will go to the gym with DH tonight. I had a crappy day yesterday! DH and I went to Weiden to pick up my glasses. Well let's say the glasses looked awful on me, had them take the glasses out of the frame (I bought in the states). The girl 2 weeks ago told me they would find the the thinnest glass, I think the found the biggest ones. I was so in shock! My old glasses didn't look that big, WTH! The wanted 218 Euro just for the glasses (no frame)! Awwww....... Need to go to the optical store on base, see what they can do.

Iris, wtg on D17 and LIC! Do you have the tower? That would help!

Debbie, I really need to give the spin class a try one day. Nice job!

Lori, hope DD had a great b-day yesterday. Did DS stopped crying?

Amelia, whatever CC you end up doing, hope you had a blast!

Helene, you must be busy. Hope you had a great workout yesterday!

Cookie and Trish, what did you end up doing yesterday?

I will be back to report my workout!

Last edited:
Morning

Yesterday was CCV4 (repeat challenge 3) it was a good workout. Today is Legs & Glutes.

Belinda-Have a good workout at the gym! Sorry to hear about your glasses, maybe you can find something you like soon.

Hello to everyone....BBL

Morning! Sorry for not checking in yesterday - got in at 8 pm, ate and crashed.
Belinda, I need to get new glasses and dread it. Choosing new ones and going thru the exam. For me the hardest part is when they blow the air into your eyes. Mine never want to stay open for it. What did you do with your dh yesterday?
Amelia, did you enjoy New Moon? You must be pretty busy lately. How's your neice doing?
Lori, hope the b'day girl had a great day yesterday? Did you tell her my mom's belief that it is the mother who should get the gifts?
Iris, you're not a snob! What I've noticed is my energy gets drained by some people, and those I choose to spend less time with. If I spend it with them too much, I wouldn't have the energy needed to do other things and for other people, plus myself. Does that make sense? It was my friend who broke her leg. Yesterday she had surgery and is recovering - out of work for at least 8 weeks!
Helene, how's the back? Thought of you yesterday when I did a yoga dvd. How long is your family here for?
Deb, TG your dh noticed your brakes! I've done the same thing with thinking it was the weather. How's work going for you lately?
Trish, how are things?
Yesterday I pulled on a door so hard, it went into my shoe. The metal tip of the door's corner actually put a whole in my leather shoe and really banged my toe. Today I did Cardio Circuit cardio only and stumbled over the step. Guess I'm starting to show my age. Did the cardio twice thru and it was a good sweat. Tonight's a late night and after work tomorrow I have to drive to Rochester so I might not get to check in. Take care,
Cookie

Good Morning Ladies

Today I will do Step Blast and one of the Stretch Max's.... all of this extra stretching I've been doing has been paying off...I am definitely more flexible these days! And it's official I can do "wheel pose" :D I've never *in my adult life* had that kind of flexibility in my spine! Not that it's all that pretty or graceful *yet*, but I can do it.

My dad is taking my mother to her treatment today, being that he doesn't work until later and it's a shorter treatment, so I will meet up with them later for lunch. :)

Belinda- Getting glasses is so irritating! My advice to you is never order frames until you've tried a bunch of them on! Somehow I had the doctor and the assistant guy with me as I tried on kids glasses and got their opinions.....both of them liked the Hannah Montana glasses! LOL Those are the ones I got, and I love them! Moral of the story:::: Try them on, get opinions. And I do have the tower, but I almost missed it putting the barbell back on the other day, could've killed myself. :eek:

Cookie- YES, you hit the nail on the head! *you and helene know just how to put everything in perspective!* Yes yes my energy gets drained by certain people. Wow I can't believe your friend is out for 2 months from doing yard work! :( I'm really sorry to hear that.....geez you just never know. So you did CCC cardio TWICE through? Why didn't you just make it three?? :p Anyways, have a safe trip to Rochester! Ohhh and any ideas for dinner?

Amelia- Nice workout yesterday! Have fun with L&G. Part of me misses doing all the other workouts....

Deb- Well it's a good thing you got your car to the mechanic....:) Now you wont' have to worry about it for awhile. And I definitely buy lean cuisines along with clean food! They are for the nights I'm home later, or too tired, or don't have a lot of time. They're not exactly clean, but it could be a lot worse!

Ok time to take these aching buns to the living room....BBL!

Good Morning Girls!:)

I didn't get back here yesterday! Just to much on the go. My SIL called in the a.m to see if I could take their little girl who was sick. She wasn't "really" sick, just had a bad belly and had to use the washroom. Then I had 3 girls from my baby group (we never get together anymore) over with their kids. After lunch I had to go to walmart and then off for a run. No down time at all.

I never did get B&G's done but today shouldn't be nearly as bad as yesterday. The only thing I have to do is take DD to an eye apt.

Belinda** I will be 32 in Aug...so you do the math;) Yep...I was just a kid myself! I got pregnant the summer I was going to grade 12. I had her that spring and graduated in June. Its quit a long story actually:). Anyway....here we are 14 yrs later. Sorry your glasses didn't turn out like you wanted them to! And that's ALOT of money! I think Euros are almost double what the Canadian dollar is?

Ameila** Good job with your workout and have fun today. How are you feeling lately!

Iris** Yes, there are certain people I don't care to be around. I think sometimes that people in this town think that they are better then everyone else....mostly b/c of money...and who cares! The thing about DH's job is that no one knows how much he makes:rolleyes: They can't even guess. They don't know if he makes $50 G's or $200 G's! And its none of their business. Im sure if I socialized with these people more I would come out of my shell around them but I don't even know if I care to do that. I was invited to party with them last summer in the city, which I did but I figure a few of us were only invited to make the party bus cheaper! LOL :D

Cookie** Boy you sure are strong! Going around, breaking doors!:eek: I do deserve some presents! I deserve a present everyday!!!

Deb** DD has been having headaches as well. This is why she is getting her eyes tested today. Im willing to bet thats half the prob. You still had a good workout though.

I received my supplements yesterday:) Haven't really had a chance to read about them though. I think I am only using this stuff for my long runs, minus the joint recovery I will take everyday but even that has to be taken with food. I need to call my BIL and get the low down but talking to him takes forever cause he doesn't know when to shutup! On that note, my sister gets home on Sat!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see her!!! and the baby!

I will bbl today!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say hi. I've been in a funk since last week. I think it's due to the snow storm where we lost power for a few days and I was so off my routine - half-a$$ wos, eating like crap, etc. **SIGH!!** Anyways, I'm trying to pull it together so I can do more than just complain when I post;) Hope you're all doing well and I'll be back soon:)

Hey girls, my workout is done. My legs started cramping really bad during that last floor exercise, man. L&G really gets ya good!

I've got a friend down the street that wanted to start walking in the mornings 3/4 days a week. We walked this morning for 35mins. It was fun and i was glad to see that she has a fast pace. So i guess i could use the walks as a warm up for my at home workouts!! Should boost my weight-loss;) and its nice to get out of the house..

Lori-Looks like we both had a leg workout in mind today! Have a good one!

Cookie-Im glad you were wearing shoes when you opened the door hard...that would of sent you to the hospital:confused: Nice job on your workout yesterday! My Niece is doing great..i don't hardly get to see her anymore and its kinda sad because they only live about 35minutes away. Im going to see if i can take her on Easter since my sister is working that day. I think she would a great time hunting easter eggs with my kids!

Iris-Have a good Lunch with your parents and Congrats on doing a Wheel Pose..

Trish-Im sending you some getting-out-of-funk vibes. I just went through a long funk myself...im feeling less funky lately:p it took a while.... Im also sending you some hugs!

Hello to everyone! Have a great day:)

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I couldn't workout this morning needed the plumber to come in and give me a estimate on a new toilet. We have an old-fashioned one with a pull handle on the wall but it's on it's last leg:) I'm going to work soon and hope to do Disc 26? Legs later.

Belinda - I'm sure I need reading glasses but haven't had my eye's checked since grade school:eek: Did you have to pay for the glasses you didn't like? Have fun at the gym.

Amelia - The time seems to fly when you have a walking partner:) I can't believe Easter is so soon. I dreamed Walmart was out of Easter candy and I was so upset:confused::confused:

Cookie - I think you don't know your own strength:) Ouch that could have been ugly. Hopefully you didn't ruin a good pair of shoes or worse comfy ones.

Iris - I think your right it might be a good idea to have some frozen dinners on hand when time is not on your side . . . otherwise I would grab worse foods. Have fun at lunch today. Does your Mom & Dad visit you at work?

Lori - You'll have to let us know if the supplements make a difference with your workouts. I have been trying to locate a friend on facebook who was a good friend of mine in HS. She left in 10th grade to have a baby. In 9th grade she lost her Mom & brother. I supported her decision (not too many people did) to have the baby and marry the Dad. Last we spoke she was having a 2nd baby and seemed happy but would love to talk to her again.

Trish - I'm sending you some good vibes to. TG funks don't last long some nice weather would help:)

Helene - Have you recovered from having visitors?

Have a great day everyone:)

just got home from the gym, a late workout for us. We left the gym around 8 PM:( Still need to eat. I did CCPP, burned 703 cal:p My legs are killing me right now, I sprinted around 7.

I will catch up with personals!

Hello girls,

So my back is quite messed up and I can't stay seated for too long. :( Even 4 aleves can't do it so I know it's bad. I can't work out. When I feel better I will start by getting a minimum amount of yoga in. It's the only thing that ever worked for my back. Other that trying to survive that, I am fine and in good spirits, my visitors are still at home and they are helping a lot so that I can rest and recover. I just really miss my workouts.

Belinda: Do you do Hamstring curls at the gym or at home? If at home, how on earth? I have sworn off from any deadlift with more than 50lbs on the barbell. It was with a 24 hours delay but I think this is what did it.

I miss being able to work out. I hope this doesn't last too long.

I'll probably be lurking most of this week, what with work, my back and visitors. Pump those workouts for me!

Hi girls,

I'm not sure if I have enough time to do legs tonight may just do MMA kickbox or boxing. I knew I should have done my workout this morning:( We decided to go to the diner & visit in-laws.

Helene - Sending healing vibes your way. Back pain is the worse:( It's great that your visitors are around and are helping too.

Have a great night everyone:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.