Commit to get Fit & Lean for March 2014

punka274

Cathlete
Morning,

This is the first time I've started us off in forever.

Today is work then it P'J time, no workout today. :) I just updated my WM Calender and did very nice for February. Got in at least 4 workouts a week.

I did a scale peek this morning and I'm doing all the right things and its showing. Im down another .4 this morning for a total loss of 4.8 so far. I will take it :) I don't officially weigh in until Tuesday morning.

ok..bbl with personals. :)

Good morning,

Cookie - how do you like Leslie? She gets on my nerves with her counting:confused:

Thanks Amelia for starting us off this month:) Congrats on the weight loss. That's fantastic!

Plan for today is: STS D27 and P90X3 Synergistics.

Have a great weekend and workout, everyone.

'Morning!
Belinda, she does get on my nerves, but more for not getting my heart rate up! Her moves are very repetitive and her voice is screechy. I saw good reviews on the dvd tho, and then saw it in a weak moment at the store. It was okay, but I really just did my own thing on the rebounder while she chattered. Now that you've turned me on to JS, I'm even more aware of what I don't care for w/Leslie. I love JS! Thanks again for keeping urging us to check her out.
Amelia, you go girl! Down, down, down goes the scale. I looked over my workouts from Feb and was happy also. For me the bigger issue than workouts is stress eating. I've been puzzling over how to work out a situation at work and am so far resisting eating my way thru the situation. How do you feel when you're done with a TG workout?
Well since last month, I did JS indoor jogging workout on the rebounder and up and down the stairs to the basement to do recycling. i'm counting that as part of my wo. I need to get out and walk the dogs today. One is literally a poster child for Ritalin right now. She could run in the dog field but not if I'm not with her! That's a level of devotion I can live without.
Waves to everyone who follows.
Cookie

Good afternoon,

Workouts are done!

Cookie - I have one or two of her workouts, can't get myself to do them:confused: Her counting reminds me of Toe Boe:eek: You are every welcome. I also love JS. Glad you like her too;) She doesn't get on my nerves, lol! I found a few free downloads I will share with you guy hopefully tomorrow:eek: They are FREE and legit! I like FREE:eek:

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.

whew, off work and so glad. Today my mind was all over the place, I kept messing up :confused: And I was working with a very loud & obnoxious older lady that really gets on my last nerve :mad: I have work with her tomorrow too :rolleyes:

Cookie-I almost bought a rebounder last year but didn't-perhaps one day. Great job with your workout. I did that JS indoor jogging workout last week. It was fun. About the TG, yesterday I felt spent after I got done with it. My quads are screaming today, Im thinking about doing my own thing on my next workout with it..so far i have been following a dvd.

Hello to everybody.

I've got to buy something for my DH, his B-day is Tuesday. He's so hard to buy for:confused:. Were going out to eat too

Hi,

It was so nice to see we are in the March thread . . . now if only mother nature would realize it's 20 days till Spring!

Today I dusted off my threadmill & moved some stuff I had on it :eek: and ran. I think I will add a mile or 2 here and there, it is one of my favorite ways to get cardio in especially if I listen to a Cardio Coach.

Belinda - It is amazing how many DVDs are on you-tube. Look forward to seeing what you found:)

Kristin - Are you having a busy weekend? It looks like we may get less snow than they expected.

Amelia - The Total gym sounds like it will be fun & I'm sure you'll get lots of DOMS from it. It is so hard to buy a gift for a guy:confused:

Cookie - That would be so expensive to add a gas line:confused: At least your lucky to be able to get internet/cable service.

Kelly - That is such a cute picture of your ds. It sounds like he had a fun time on his birthday.

Melissa - Waves hi

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, can't wait! I also love free; well who doesn't? Are you supposed to be receiving that white precipitation today? Think it is supposed to be a few more inches. Glad it isn't just me with LS. I've often wondered how picky I am about instructors, esp. when some folks just love her.
Amelia, oh those doms! Will you have a chance to walk and stretch them out? My dh fav gifts have been a few things I've actually written or made him. His favorite was for our 25th anniv when I wrote the top 25 things I love about him. He actually had it framed. What are some of his interests?
Kristen, omg the wind was so strong yesterday, my cheeks were bright red from walking the dogs. I have no idea how you do it every day. Once the weather picks up, I won't mind it but right now...
Kelly, how were the birthday celebrations? Those days go by so quickly. All of my younger brothers had delayed speech. Back then speech wasn't provided in schools or as an early intervention. It is a huge help. Anyway, one has a very slight issue with s but the other two are fine. We also have a lot of hearing issues, which I think caused a lot of the speech issues.
Melissa, hope all is well.
Deb, the internet and tv come from two different satellites out in the field. Around here, we refer to them as Vermont state flowers, since they are all over the place. Is today a sauce day? Cardio Coach made such motivating workouts.
I can't sleep. Been up since 1:30. Tried just laying in bed, then got up to read. Since that didn't work, think I'll try to get some paperwork done. Very aggravating.
Cookie

Good morning! Sorry I have been MIA; of course things got out of control. I can't get used to our class schedule. It's all over the place! So I figured with the new month, I'll start off fresh. My goal is to check in at least on weekends from now on! Workouts have been good. I stopped tracking my food on MFP for the past 2 weeks and I actually feel like I don't eat as much when I'm not obsessing over calories, if that makes sense? I actually lost 3 pounds since I stopped logging. Things with the new guy are going well. Midterms start this week...I think that pretty much sums it up lol :D

Today I plan on doing the original Bootcamp and UB weights from C&W.

Amelia, awesome job with your Feb workouts and weight loss!! Did you figure out what you're gonna get your DH?

Belinda, my best friend's husband got P90X3 for me! He texted me on Fri and will send it soon. It was a thank you because I got him the first one. I can't wait to try it!

Cookie, LOL @your dog! Did you get a chance to go back to sleep? I can't imagine waking up at 1AM and staying up :eek:

Deb, thank God we aren't getting what they expected with the snow! I'm so tired of winter. What are you up to this weekend?

Kelly, welcome to the thread! I have to go back and read your posts in Feb to catch up :eek:

Kristin, how was break?

Alright girls, off to get this day started. I'm planning on making a quinoa dish and an orzo salad for the week. I found both on the AllRecipes.com app. Hopefully they are good ;) Have a great Sunday!

38 min TG workout done. Im wiped :confused: Today I did my own mix of workouts. Im still learning but I have the basics down.

Melissa-Yay on the p90x3 coming, you must be so excited! Glad things are going well for you :) Have a great workout today - still not sure what im getting my DH for his B-day. Cookie has a good idea with the '25things I love about you'

Cookie-Your b-day idea sounds good. I may just do that along with a pair of his favorite pj's to wear. Bummer that you couldn't sleep last night.. I have to take sleeping meds or I have trouble too. I started reading a new book - The Divergence Trilogy- you ever heard of it? Im really liking it so far.

Debbie-Love cardio coach, great job on your run. 20 days until spring and counting, I can't wait to fill the pool up :)

Belinda-How was your day?

Hello to Kristin and Kelly

Hi everyone. Sorry I was MIA. I ended up doing no workouts Friday or Saturday. Friday I was just wiped out and in a bad mood because of work. Saturday I did walk the dog for 40 plus minutes and I cleaned and did laundry. I guess I was just wiped out after that. To make up for it I did X10 Low Impact and Flex Train today.

We took the boys to the World Chocolate Expo. That was a lot of fun. The line to get in was outrageous, you would think it was for free tickets to a rock concert or something. Once we got in we got samples of chocolate and fudge and cookies. It was good the boys enjoyed it. They even had a bacon booth. They make chocolate bacon products, if you can believe that. I tried the bacon chocolate pretzel. It was okay. Not my thing. I mean I love chocolate and I loooooooooveeeee bacon, but together. . . not so much. DS was so cute in the car on the way back. He asked me why the bacon booth had pigs. They had stuffed animal pigs, and signs with pigs that read I love bacon, and pig noses. We bought the boys the noses and they got free hats. Anyway, I thought he already knew that bacon comes from pigs. He didn't, lol. You had to see his face when he found out. Then my younger DS said he'll never eat bacon again, lol. Five minutes later he says, "I changed my mind. Bacon is too yummy." Lol.

Anyway. . . the weekend went way too fast. Now we are getting snow, but not enough for a snow day which means my commute will stink. Oh well, I'll get through it. Spring is right around the corner, right?

Belinda- You are rocking STS and P90X3. Have you gone up with your weights. I remember when I first started going on this check in you would post the weights you used for STS, and they were beyond impressive. I like free too, so if you have links, I'd love to check them out :)

Melissa- good luck with the midterms. I haven't been consistent with MFP either and it drives me crazy. I am not down any pounds and I want to lose the 8-10 I've gained, but I cannot get control of my eating. Going to Chocolate Expos doesn't help, I guess, haha.

Cookie- honestly, walking the dog has helped me clear my head. The stress I feel at work with these damn tests looming over my head and being forced to do the module and what not. . . the walking helps me to relax and focus on seeing the sun set, or seeing the sun rise when I do it on early weekend mornings. I really need to get to a positive place in my mind or I will lose it. I cannot wait to get the damn test over with and move on to summer. Commish King and Cuomo can kiss it where the sun don't shine, lol.

Deb- I miss my treadmill, lol. We sold it years ago at a yard sale when I was pregnant with DS. I sometimes feel like a good programmed run would do me good. I've tried running with Baxter, but he is a boxer and they like to play, lol. So he will look up at me, and if I happen to make eye contact with him, he cuts me off, lol.

Amelia- congrats on the weight loss! That's great! I find it is always hard to shop for my DH. Ugh! Sometimes when I have the money I'll get him tickets to a Yankee game, or a Ducks game when I don't have a lot to spend (minor league team on the island). Does your DH like sports? Good luck with gift shopping.

Waving hello to Kelly!

Kristin

Hi,

I'm going to make this quick just finished my computer work so my eyes are so tired. I did M1 D2 back & tri's.

Belinda - I hear your are getting all the snow this time:(

Kristin - The Chocolate expo sounds awesome:) My BIL runs with his boxer so maybe it will just take time.

Amelia - I see signs of Spring & Easter all over so keeping my fingers crossed.

Melissa - Hey whatever works logging or not logging everyone is different, I guess the key is to just change what isn't working. You'll love P90x3 especially when your busy. I'm glad you stopped by:)

Cookie - Last sauce was tonight so I will be busy next weekend. I hope you were able to get a nap in today.

Kelly - Waves hi

Good morning,

Ended up taking a rest day yesterday. Workout for today is : STS M3 D28 Chest/back and P90X3 Week 10 Decelerator.

Restore Strong Core Back Care Free Download - Gaiam
Free Yoga Workout

doyogawithme.com has a lot of free downloads:D

Cookie - I know, a lot of people love, love LS….I think it's her counting and her voice that drives me nuts. You can find a lot of her workouts on youtube for free:D

Debbie - good job on D2 yesterday. Yeap, we got all the snow:confused: Yesterday I cooked Gulasch and lasagna. Next few day's I don't have to cook:D

Kirstin - I love chocolate but not with bacon:) I am am lifting the same weight as I did before. Once I am done with STS I will do the GS's. I ran with both of my dogs, it will take a lot of practice with your boxer:eek:

Amelia - good job with your workout.

Melissa - good luck with your midterms! Yeah, on P90X3. You have some very, nice friends.

I will be back later.

Morning ladies! Holy whirlwind weekends! Saturday was the typical prep stuff for Aiden's birthday party - pick up the cake, food, etc. Then the party was at 3:30 - the kids had a blast! We had it at a rec center where hubby reffs, so the kids were able to play with the balls in the gym, and the climbing wall. Aiden was so tuckered out when we got home, but it was a great time. Though I will say I'm kinda glad it's over so things can go back to normal. I didn't go overboard on anything, so I'm proud of that. Yesterday's workout was Circuit Blast, today will be the elliptical at work on lunch. We have Aiden's 2 year checkup this afternoon, but I want to try to squeeze some abs in too.

I'll try to pop back in here in a bit with personals, have a good morning!

Good evening,

Today I started STS M3 Week 2, D28 (Chest & Back) and P90X2 Week 10 - Decelerator.

Kelly - happy birthday to your son! Glad you had fun this weekend.

Good night, ladies!

Hi guys. I just finished my workout. I did RK, premix with first two segments, then I added the heavy bag bonus (even though I don't have a heavy bag, lol). It was a good workout.

What a day I had. First, I did not sleep well at all. I barely made it to work on time with the traffic because of flurries, for crying out loud. Then during first period my AP calls in my room to ask me if we can get my formal observation done today? What? I never say no to him, so I said, of course. Then I was a nervous wreck until he popped into my 4th period. I was glad he came in my 4th period and not my 8th, I would have had been stressed all day, lol. He said all great things, but I have my formal meeting with him on Friday, so we shall see. . .

Anyway. . . that's that. I am feeling so tired lately. I think it is a combination of not eating right, stress and then not getting enough sleep/rest. I really need to get things under control.

Deb- nice job on STS yesterday. It was 15 degrees out today :mad: I just wish it would warm up already. The sun is out longer, which is a good sign :)

Belinda- thanks for the links :). My dog is a bit crazy when I try to run with him. It's funny though. Anyone who sees it will have a good laugh when he cuts me off, lol.

Kelly- sounds like you had a great birthday party. I'm always glad after the parties are over too. Nice job with CB, that's one I just got recently and I love it.

Waving hello to Cookie, Amelia and Melissa.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class & ran a mile when I came home. I did a set-up today in JC Penney, they took a bunch of products out of the store but now they are introducing more since the store wasn't doing too well. The manager told me everyone wants coupons:)

Belinda - Thank you for the links for the downloads will try them out. It's nice when you have meals waiting for your in the refrig and do one big cooking day.

Kristin - Sleep does make a difference. DH just told me this morning we turn the clocks ahead this weekend, ugg but at least it will be lighter earlier & a sign of Spring:)

Kelly - The party sounds like it went well but I'm sure you are so tired from it.

Waves hi to Amelia & Cookie

'Evening!
Belinda, thanks for the links. Looking forward to checking them out. Your wts were impressive when you did sts previously. I can't imagine what kind of results you must be getting between it and P90x3.
Amelia, you're doing so great on being committed. I don't know that book. Will have to check it out. Was in Barnes & Nobles recently and it was pretty empty! No, never was able to take a nap yesterday, and then today has been a long day. When is dh's b'day?
Melissa, glad to hear you're doing well. that shows what a good friend you are, that you're getting pay back. I don't do well w/logging either.
Kristen, I've been working on assembling multiple choice questions for teachers to prepare the darlings on taking them. LOL at your son and bacon.
Kelly, glad the party went well. Bet it was fun. Circuit Blast is fun. What does your dh ref?
Deb, already this weekend we turn the clocks ahead! Wow, I didn't realize it. Guess b/c it is so cold. DH was going into work a little later this morning due to an appt, so I suggested he walk the dog. He looked at me like I was totally nuts. I hadn't look at temp and it was really windy. How was your run?
Did JS's walking for wellness this morning.
Cookie

Morning girls,

Today is DH's Birthday, he's 39 today. I went out last night after work to get dh a present. I had a present in mind but couldn't find anything I was looking for so settled for a shaving gel/after shave / cologne set that I found. I also threw in some birds eggs ( malt candy ) his favorite easter candy. I picked up a cake yesterday for him, a boston creme torte - his favorite. :)

Today is my official weigh in day. Im down 1.4 lbs this week with a grand total of 6.2lbs so far. Very pleased with that. :)

I will bbl to report my workout and catch up on personals.

Good morning,

P90X3 MMX is done:D

Cookie - you are welcome! I will post another workout link later. Glad you enjoy JS workouts. I don't know, what results I will get with STS/P90X3?I still have until the end of March. We will take a recovery week than DH and I will do the Lean rotation. That will keep us busy until June:eek: I am thinking doing Cathe's Body Building rotation, that will keep me busy until the End of July:eek: That's a long rotation? We may go on our trip with the RV in June/July? It's so hot in July, now DH was taking about waiting until September? Which is fine with me. We shall see!

Kirstin - sorry to hear you had a crappy day yesterday (((HUGS))) Good luck, on Friday. Try to stay positive:) I am getting sick of snow too, we sure had our share this year:confused:

Debbie - I agree, I think I will prep our food for the week from now on, on the weekend. So much easier! Good job with your yoga class last night.

Amelia - happy birthday to your husband! And good luck with the weight in today. I am sure, you rocked it!

Waving Hi to Melissa and Kelly!

I will be back later. Have a great day and workout, everyone!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.