Commit to get fit and lean for March 17, 2010

Morning girls,

I am done with D38 not 37! Had a great workout.

Warm up:
Squats 55 #/2 sets/ 10 reps (although the workout card has 12 reps? Tow less reps for me, lol!)

Workout: 7 reps/ 4 sets
Squats 90#
Leg Cursl 40#/40#/50#/50#, I messed up on the first 2 sets! Didn't relized I had only 40# on there. Oh well!
Front squats 60#
Static Lunge 90#

So far my back is feeling great with the weights, I am afraid to go up another 5 % next week. Last time I went over 90#, I messed up my back. I guess I have to see how I fell tomorrow. I am also wearing a back support, that really makes a difference.

You wonna hear something funny? I love the long breaks in M3, I had mud on my shoes (took the dogs outside just before I started my workout, so they don't border me!), I borderd me so much. I started cleaning my carpet during the long break!:p Those are some long breaks, you can clean your entire house while working out! LOL!

Off to get busy! BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies

Happy St. Patricks Day....I guess...LOL It's early, I have a dentist appt. (again), and maybe this time the hygienist will show up! I did MMA Boxing yesterday. My mother did have her treatment, her counts shot right back up, it was amazing to hear the difference in the numbers. :) It's amazing how this woman's body bounces back!

So (funny story), yesterday waiting to get my mom checked in, I put my thermos of tea in the mesh tote bag real quick to grab something out of my purse. Well I didn't realize it wasn't closed all the way, and it started leaking out and DOWN MY LEG. I started kinda swearing (not really), and my mom, she steps away from me, looks around and says, " I have no idea she is"....LOL There was a big tea wet spot on the carpet...*sigh* But THEN, after we went out to lunch and in the parking lot, there is a car parked next to us that looks like hers, and I'm standing with the door open, and she's standing at the next car scraping something off the hood, I said " Ma? What are you doin'?".....She had the wrong car! LOL

So anyways.....it was a funny day...Today is not so funny. I will do D15 Back and Bi's...yippee...

Belinda- Have a great workout!

Amelia- You lightweight, you! How are you feeling today? Any DOMS yet?

Lori- Maybe you should go on a vaca?? I think you deserve it! Nice workout yesterday and nice eats, too!.

Helene- Did you get your triceps in last night? Isn't today your long day?? I hope you can get some workout time in like you wanted. Isn't it aggravating when everything else gets in the way of your workouts? And I' m not lollygagging aroud here with DJ, I just can't afford to jump right into anything right now.....this exam and getting the heck out of bartending at otb is my absolute first priority. And I've been on my own long enough to learn how to like it and make do! As much as I like him, I refuse to get wrapped up. I hope that makes more sense?? Maybe? And the kneecap is MUCH better! (Thank god!) LOL @ having another one...:p

Hi to Deb, Cookie, and Trish! Where are you ladies?? BBL

Morning ladies,

Belinda: Those are some impressive weights. It sounds like you are being careful but I will cross my fingers for you. LOL at having time to clean the house. I will plan something then, maybe laundry folding? Might as well, everything is about multitasting nowadays anyways or you don't get anything done.

Iris: I liked your funny story about yesterday. And I am glad your mom is handling well these various aggressions to her body. How is the rest of your family doing? Yeah, it makes sense about DJ. I'm just giving you a hard time :eek: If you are going to move that slow, maybe you should keep DG hanging around a bit longer for the fun? I guess that wouldn't be fair to DJ.... Dang it. No news about DG by the way? He didn't come in yesterday?

Well, so as I mentioned I ate a good amount of bread last night :eek::confused: but on the upside, I did SM this morning and really kicked it up a notch, two risers and jumpy. 420 calories in 40 minutes so that's good. Now I am going to go and do disc 24 and head to work a bit late today since I'll be there until St Patty's is almost over.... I am feeling great since I have been able to get workouts in this week! Isn't it nice when it works out?

BBL

Good Morning!:):)

I am just getting up! I had to go to work very early....it was a little after 4 when I woke up and my flight was at 5:30. They didn't leave until 6:45 or so, luckily I got back to sleep for a couple of hours when I got home. Getting up at 4 wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.

Another nice day here. Im not sure if I will take DS out for a run or not. I know my running partner will be calling soon b/c she is off today. I also need to do 4DS bic and tris today.

Belinda** I love workouts with breaks in it b/c I do the same thing. I usually fold laundry or tidy up the room I am working out in. Not sure if thats still considered a rest though!

Iris** I know I need a vaca...LOL Work is kinda starting to get to me. I don't know if my coworker feels the same but I feel as if 3 days off isn't enough and I need a nice long week break. Its probably been since last April that I had vaca....or maybe I took a week last summer. My coworker is going to Cuba for a week in May so I have to cover off her shifts but I am only going to Ottawa for the marathon and thats not really a vaca! LOL

Helene** I love bread and I love it when they serve it at restaurants. I haven't read yesterdays thread though to see how much of it you ate!;) If it helps, I was picking most of last night and then DH brought home Mcd's and I had a few fries and some of DD's milkshake:eek:

I am going to read yesterdays thread to see what I missed!

Lori:)

Helene** I usually shorter my rest sometimes when I have done STS in the a.m. I am probably defeating the purpose b/c there is a reason for the rest, right? But atleast I burn the muscles good. I see now why you dug into the bread....it was fresh homemade bread! Yum! Doesn't get any better then that!!!!

Ameila** Thanks for the compliment! LOL I should have went dancing with this guys boots on...but they were tooooooooooo big. I would have been all over the place. My mind kinda races when I am drinking and I think of some weird things to do.

Belinda** Sometimes I wonder how I squeeze it all in myself. When I was at the bank the other day, the lady we deal with caught me just when I was going out the door. She said " I hear you workout all the time, how do you fit it all in"? I told her that I get up super early and as a result I am moody all day:) She said " you don't look moody to me" LOL I would be in an awful mood if I didn't workout and I think everyone in this house knows that.....so they better just give me my time!

I will bbl!

Morning

Ive got a challenge for myself today. First, i didn't get in BM2 dbl UB premix yesterday, so ive got too make that up today...and ive also got todays workout which is suppose to be 4ds BC/KB premix....BOTH ARE TOUGH:confused: Im going to try and get both in....

I will try and BBL with some personals...

Hello,

Belinda: Now seriously. How can you deadlift 90#? I have 70# and my forearms are giving up on me! Spinach for lunch, I am playing it like Popeye......

Amelia: You can do it. I did Step Moves this morning and then Disc 24 followed by triceps from 22 which I had left over from yesterday. I took a little less than an hour in between the two and had a bowl of oatmeal with protein too. Yeah, that 4DS premix is goooood!

Lori: You sound nice and rested. Yeah, working out does put me in a good mood too. Happy workout today and enjoy the nice weather on your run.

So did do Disc 24 and triceps from 22 since I didn't do them yesterday. But here is where it gets funny. I went to prepare my BB for deadlifts and guess what? I didn't have the same weight on both sides. Now I understand why I felt like I had a weaker side yesterday. And then this morning during disc 24 I realized when I was done that I had grabbed the weights for biceps to do the lat pulldowns. So I used much lighter weights. No wonder I didn't feel it as much as I had hopped. :rolleyes: I think that is enough goofy stuff from me for today. I will try to redo the lat pulldown, but probably not until tomorrow night, 'cause I am a bit tired. It was a great double workout this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi Girls!

Supper time here but there is no one home...only DS and I. I went to get a coffee and he saw a takeout joint so he wanted fries. Didnt think there was any point in getting just fries so I ordered him a meal. DH wanted to have a BBQ and I knew how that was gonna turn out. He is in charge of cooking and he will be late. Its already 5:30 and he isnt home yet.

Todays workout was CM#3, 4DS bic and tris and an hour long run outside. I pushed the stroller as well so I must have burned lots of cals....but I wasnt feeling it at all. Probably the broken sleep.

Ameila** Did you get both workouts in??

Helene** That's funny. I have done that before with dumbbells not a barbell. I have taken 10's and 12's before. Didn't take me long to catch on though.

I must call my husband and see where he is...Im guessing he got lost again:rolleyes:

Lori: Too funny. I guess the difference between you and me is that I didn't catch on until the next day :eek:. Yeah, go find DH, I hope he went and bought the BBQ meat, 'cause if he is trying to get it himself in the woods, you are not eating for a long time......

Alright back to more serious stuff......

Hey there Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA - been sick. Had minor surgery this morning, so hopefully things will be on the upswing soon.
Belinda, do you use 90# that's a lot. What disc are you on?
Lori, I've often wondered how you get everything done also! If I miss working out after 3 days, someone better watch out.
Amelia, how's the house? Are you feeling settled in yet?
Deb, how's Florida? Decided yesterday I'm sick of wearing boots and am switching to shoes and sandals.
Trish, hope all is well.
Okay, off to read the past few days and catch up. I've missed you all.
Cookie
Iris, I wouldn't know who you were either. Like your mom's sense of humor. Once I couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't unlock - it wasn't mine.
Helene, I was wondering how you were managing to get three workouts in! What time did you start?

Cookie: I am so sorry to hear that you are sick and had minor surgery. :confused: :( I'll think of you and I wish you a speedy recovery. I might as well answer your question while I'm at it. I got up shortly after 4am with help from DD though she didn't stick around. Then did some work (as in for work, not Cathe "work! work!" .... yet) then Step Moves at around 6AM (this time for some "work!,work!"), then helped DH get the kids ready then back downstairs for disc 24 and the rest of 22. That second part only clocked in at 59 minutes total by the way so that's why I tackled it. Disc 24 is only 43 minutes I think. After that, shower and off to work. And now I am about to go into back to back meetings. I have had a great week workout wise so I am quite happy with all that. I don't know why either, I think the stars just aligned somehow. :).

All right, now I do have to go......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.